The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero – Prime Minister of Spain
Mariano Rajoy – President of the PP (Popular Party)
Manuel Marín – President of the Congress
Thanks Elsa!:)

There are a few things on hola.com. If anyone has a subscription could you please post?

Old 05-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://actualidad.terra.es/articulo/html/av2288114.htm

The president of the Spanish Government, Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, considered positive for the foundations of the SpanishState the existence of “an inheriting horizon”, and reiterated his wish of guarantying the equality between sexes, in the access to the Throne.

Rodriguez Zapatero made these considerations today in Moscow, about the announcement made by the House of the King. The head of the Spanish Executive expressed his congratulations to the Royal Family and specially to the Princes of Asturias, and said that this announcement is “very good news, which is going to gather much satisfaction among the Royal Family and which evidently has, in addition, institutional consequences”.

Besides, he expressed his conviction that the great majority of the Spanish society is happy today, because this news is “pleasant, positive and good for the future”. Zapatero said that Prince Felipe called him today, to inform him about the pregnancy of Doña Letizia, so he could speak to him when arriving at the concentration camp of Mauthausen, in Austria, to attend the 60th commemorations of its the liberation. Zapatero added that he was not able to speak with the King, but assured that he will do that “as soon as I can”.

Regarding the rights of succession based on sex criteria, Zapatero said that his position on the matter is well known: “that are absolutely equal rights for men and women”. He added that a constitutional reform is expected, to guarantee that equality and that “there is time” and a whole horizon to do it with calmly. “Anyway, what seems to me advisable to emphasize today is the fact that we have a hereditary horizon is very positive for the foundations of the State”, he said.

Old 05-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Courtier

Congrats to Letizia and Felipe.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
There are a few things on hola.com. If anyone has a subscription could you please post?
There's nothing you can't get from other news sources--after all, besides saying that she's expecting, what else is there to say? The photos are all archive images.

Cool, as I type this I just saw it reported on CNN! It's funny, the reporter said "just" a year after their marriage, while others, more impatient, say, finally! It's all perception, isn't it.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Rebember this?... :p
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzm6.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	139044   Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzzm8.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	139045  
Old 05-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Courtier

congratulations for the young royal couple!

It has a nice symbolic to had make the announcement of Letizia's pregnency and her becoming a mum in the mother's day:)
Old 05-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
It has a nice symbolic to had make the announcement of Letizia's pregnency and her becoming a mum in the mother's day:)
Well, actually, the mother's day in Spain was last weekend, on May 1st...
Old 05-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

What wonderful news! Congratulations to the couple. I sure can feel the excitment in this thread! Looking forward to lots of pictures...:)
Old 05-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys
There's nothing you can't get from other news sources--after all, besides saying that she's expecting, what else is there to say? The photos are all archive images.

Cool, as I type this I just saw it reported on CNN! It's funny, the reporter said "just" a year after their marriage, while others, more impatient, say, finally! It's all perception, isn't it.
OK thanks lucys!:)
Old 05-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Rebember this?... :p
I do! colourpress has a file photos of them with kids unfortunatly the trick to get the pictures is no longer working.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Royal Highness

I AM STUNNING!!!!! AFTER ALL WE HAVE REASON LETIZIA GONA BE A EXCELENT MOM
Old 05-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Courtier

Talking

CONGRATULATIONS TO FELIPE AND LETIZIA
Old 05-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Royal Highness

Wow...even yahoo posted the news

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...pain_royals_dc
Old 05-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Courtier

Must be something in the European water.....

Congratulations to Felipe and Letizia.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the couple ...what a great news :)
Old 05-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to the couple!:)
Old 05-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Very happy news.
I found out about it as I was watching the news tonight, it was just a little headline crawl at the bottom of the screen saying Princess Letizia of Spain is pregnant. Still it was unusual since European royals hardly ever make the news on Canadian tv, except for the British royals ofcourse.
Felipe and Letizia's wedding did get good air play here last year though, more than the Danish wedding.
Congrats to Felipe and Letizia and the Spanish royal family.
So many royals expecting babies this year.
I think we'll be seeing a lot of stylish maternity wear
Old 05-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Administrator

True

Quote:
Originally Posted by micas
I AM STUNNING!!!!!
I am sure you are Micas! :)

And your graphic (below) is very cute... are you predicting twins for Mama Letizia?

:) :) W
Old 05-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

OMG, I just read that Letizia is pregnant. So, two of my wishes came true this year, I wanted Letizia and Mary to be pregnant and they are . I think now all the crown princess are pregnant, except of course the Duchess of Cornwall, you never know, the next "good news" might be from England.

Anyways, BIG Congratulations to the couple, the would-be grandparents, would-be aunts and uncles, would-be cousins and last but not the least, the Spanish people,who are getting an heir to the heir of the Spanish throne.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Aristocracy

Congratulatoins to Letizia and Felipe! This is fantastic! I was afraid that they would get left behind in the current baby boom so I'm glad they didn't. I'm excited that so many of the princesses are pregnant, so many pictures we will soon have! So salutations to them and to the Spanish people.