Queen Letizia and the Press

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:Bit OOT, but wasn't GD of Luxembourg halted on the border in a taxi on her way to Frankfurt Airport?

I thought that the -then- Hereditary Grand Duchess made her way to Flughafen Findel and had already booked a flight. Then the security called the palais grand-ducal and she was "guided" back home.

Isn't Vanitatis usually "anti" Letizia?:ROFLMAO:

Vanitatis simply reports that the famous magazine Vanity Fair has not included Letizia in their list. Rightly so anyway, it is not that Doña Letizia immediately comes to mind as a spectacularly good dresser.

:flowers:

Vanitatis simply reports that the famous magazine Vanity Fair has not included Letizia in their list. Rightly so anyway, it is not that Doña Letizia immediately comes to mind as a spectacularly good dresser.

:flowers:

I see! IMO she always dresses with dignity and much better than other royal consorts:flowers:

:previous: For not a "spectacularly good dresser", she has made the list twice before :flowers: That´s not a problem for VF.

If you take a look at VF best dressed list on the last 4-5 years, you´ll see they include different royals every year. Catherine has made it every year since she married into the BRF, but the other royals "swap" each time.

This is the 2nd time Mary has made it, last one was two or three years ago....was she less stylish or less "media relevant" during the two years in the middle? Nope :p Maxima has been also there two times, Madeleine of Sweden was there last year like Letizia and this one has disappeared too, I remember Mathilde was there at least for a year and never more...pretty surely they all will make it again on the upcoming years, just wait for their turn :D That´s actually the way this list works (and I would really like to see what are their standards for "best dressed" since every year I find too many of thier choices questionable at the very least :cool: I guess "best-dressed people" means "most popular people" nowadays :whistling:)

And as to Vanitatis....well, they really use every single news to put Leti down, so even if the article seems innocent....beware :lol: The "criticism/Letizia´s allergy between lines" is not hard to see :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
:previous: For not a "spectacularly good dresser", she has made the list twice before :flowers: That´s not a problem for VF.

If you take a look at VF best dressed list on the last 4-5 years, you´ll see they include different royals every year. Catherine has made it every year since she married into the BRF, but the other royals "swap" each time.

This is the 2nd time Mary has made it, last one was two or three years ago....was she less stylish or less "media relevant" during the two years in the middle? Nope :p Maxima has been also there two times, Madeleine of Sweden was there last year like Letizia and this one has disappeared too, I remember Mathilde was there at least for a year and never more...pretty surely they all will make it again on the upcoming years, just wait for their turn :D That´s actually the way this list works (and I would really like to see what are their standards for "best dressed" since every year I find too many of thier choices questionable at the very least :cool: I guess "best-dressed people" means "most popular people" nowadays :whistling:)

And as to Vanitatis....well, they really use every single news to put Leti down, so even if the article seems innocent....beware :lol: The "criticism/Letizia´s allergy between lines" is not hard to see :ROFLMAO:

I agree on every word you said:flowers:

Der Tagesspiegel counts as a moderate newspaper (no scandal press). Standards have shockingly dropped....
"Ihre Hoheit" (Her Highness)?
"Queen Felicity"?
"Always had difficulties with playing second violin behind Queen Sofía?"
"Letizia is the real chef of the Palace"?
"The Queen of (gay) Hearts"?

Unbelievable, what a crap.... this article barely reaches the standard of a primary school magazine.

:bang:

Not surprised... Attacking Letizia is the only things media have be doing since the engagement...

Not surprised... Attacking Letizia is the only things media have be doing since the engagement...

Well the German article was not attacking Letizia, more making a sort of Sissi with an Iron Fist (but with a heart for gays) of her...

:lol:

Only when it's the Daily Mail and I really think a job requirement to work there is that you know absolutely nothing about the topic you are assigned to write about.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Accurate, I think :D

I found most (if not all) of their articles absolutely useless, but fortunately they have superb photos that make the visit worthy :cool:

The article is bla bla and picks up on all the stereotypes that have been going around about Letizia for a long time (yes, she is thin, strong minded, we already knew that).
There are various mistakes in it, Letizia only met Felipe in the autumn of 2002 and not earlier, the oil ship sank in Galicia and not in Asturias.
Her family didn't know about Felipe until the engangement therefore she certainly did not travel with him to Asturias to have secret dates at her grandparent's house.
Finally, the author had to somehow include Kate Middleton to get the american audience interested in the Spanish Queen.

Finally, the author had to somehow include Kate Middleton to get the american audience interested in the Spanish Queen.

I am not surprised at all when someone writes an article about a British or non-British royal, they always mention Catherine.

:previous:
Maybe there should be a thread named: *The Daily Mail* , where all their mistakes could be listed and pointed out to them. I think we could do a much better job of reporting then they do any day of the week. We could go after them and report on their mistakes, like turning the tables on them, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

¿Ha modernizado Letizia su papel como Reina consorte? | Lifestyle | EL MUNDO

Interesting article on Letizia in el Mundo, two female journalists have a discussion about Letizia as Queen. I find it very objective, they basically repeat what has been identified as weakness of Letizia, that she is not very popular but perceived as distant, cold and nervous, obsessed with her image and appearance that has become more and more unnatural. On the other hand the public focuses exactly on appearance, frivolous things like clothes.

It is also stressed that her role is limited because the institution is archaic and sexist, the kings are willing to make changes but these are difficult to make. Letizia has been more relaxed now that the in-laws are gone but has to win over people's hearts, eg by smiling more, coming across as more approachable and natural, focussing more on her work and less on her appearance, eg becoming a face for a serious cause, like Diana for the landmines campaign.

https://translate.google.com/transl...2/14/5489d2d7ca4741ed1e8b4585.html&edit-text=

Well some might not have a problem and some royal watchers would have a problem as royals tend not to wear such short outfits.

I was wondering if the Daily Mail has fallen out of love with Letizia and why do they also always refer to her as the Monarch when she's not!

The Daily Mail is not a bastion of journalism research and ethics, they always make big mistakes when writing about Letizia, I'm sure they make up most of their texts on her articles. They are the best example of clickbait, they don't care about Letizia or facts, just clicks. This article is the best example, they base their "concerns" on one article on a Danish site, and then their experts decide her clothes are fine, and still their headline is incredibly polemic to get clicks ;)

el mundo reports on letizia's appearance at the princess of asturias awards

Letizia enseña otra vez los brazos y presume de escote | loc | EL MUNDO

they cover that she is breaking the mold by showing more 'flesh' than a queen would be expected to do, but that she is proving that the critiques do not affect her. they also mention that she has been 'to the surgeon' several times. they specifically mention that her breasts look great, even after 2 births. the author mentions that she had a breast operation prior to being engaged to felipe, but that she 'retouched' them after the births. the author concludes that she has 'a magnificent scalpel' (implying that her surgeon is good) as she is 'well-operated'.

Back
Top Bottom