Princes of Asturias attend Portuguese Presidential Inauguration: March 9-10, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lula said:
In these acts the Princes are not in the habit of sitting down in the same place. The Prince is in the platform of the Ghiefs of State or representatives of governments. Letizia was sat in another guests' platform together with the ex-president Soares and his wife.
Yes, Letizia was sat along with all the other previous Portuguese presidents and their wives, as well as with the salient and new first ladies.

From reuters via yahoo

Attachments

• r381409843.jpg
    r381409843.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 529
Larzen said:

They didn't want nothing that could distract these porwerful men, ahahahah... :p

I'm kidding, lula and Elsa explained it very well.

In that balcony are the Heads of State from several countries.

Princess Letizia was honoured being sitted in the balcony of former Presidents and the actual First Lady... :) (shhhhhhh, I haven't seen the pictures that will appear but I am sure that she was like a breeze of youth and elegance, but shhhh I said nothing ;))

Regards,
mtbcm :)

mtbcm said:
(shhhhhhh, I haven't seen the pictures that will appear but I am sure that she was like a breeze of youth and elegance, but shhhh I said nothing ;))
Letizia was one of the youngest persons in that tribune and, boy, she definitely stood from the crowd :D. She greeted the other presidents and respective wives in a very nice way and, during the ceremony, she was chatting with the former prime-minister Pinto Balsemão, who explained to her what was happening.

Last edited:
Was the private dinner of Princes, yesterday, with Dukes of Braganza?

fanletizia said:
Was the private dinner of Princes, yesterday, with Dukes of Braganza?
Nothing was said in the press about it... It was only mentioned that the presidents from the PALOPs (Portuguese Speaking Countries) had an informal dinner all together in a hotel, but nothing was said about the Princes...

Last edited:
An amazing thing happened to me today. On my way to the university, i was on the bus in the center of Lisbon when the police stopped the traffic, i just tought "Great! i'm going to de late just because some silly dignatary is on his way to the ceremony :mad: ", sudenely someone on the bus said "Look is Felipe and Letizia on the car", i just said "No way :eek: " and run to the opposit window just in time to see them wave on the car :D :cool:

Was sooooooo cule to see them few meters of me :) And in my home town!

xicamaluca said:
An amazing thing happened to me today. On my way to the university, i was on the bus in the center of Lisbon when the police stopped the traffic, i just tought "Great! i'm going to de late just because some silly dignatary is on his way to the ceremony :mad: ", sudenely someone on the bus said "Look is Felipe and Letizia on the car", i just said "No way :eek: " and run to the opposit window just in time to see them wave on the car :D :cool:

Was sooooooo cule to see them few meters of me :) And in my home town!

Xica,

Don't you dare to stop now... And....???

Could you see them clearly... how were their expressions... were there people on the streets waiting and waiving them...????

Come on, tell us all :D , please :eek:

Wow! I would die to see them in Poland!:D But we already have a few Cervantes Institutes so I don't know what they would come for...:(

Sorry, i was so exited to come tell you all that i didn´t wrote all the details :eek:

I was on the bus, just saw them for a couple of seconds :) But enought to see them smiling and waving. People were very exited when realised that were the Princes, and start calling them and waving (the bus driver even opened the door to see better (quite funny) :p The same on the street and in other cars. Then the car moved on, but was a big avenue, so i was able to see the car for a while and some people were waving on the way.

An experience to tell to my grandchildren "the day i was on the bus and saw Felipe and Letizia waving" :p:D ahahahahahah

Last edited:
How lucky, xicamaluca!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing with us your story!! I was in Lisbon too but I was not so lucky! :)

The outfit of Letizia is very pretty, the colours are perfect, imo. She was always smiling!!

Hello !
I'm French and I like them very much. They are so nice ! In Euronews we can watch Prince felipe during the act !

The outfit it is very beautiful I love it

I really would like see more pictures :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pictures and your little reports! Wow, it must really great to see them in the own city! :) It was the same when the King came to Stuttgart at the beginning of February but I couldn't come in order to see him because I had lessons in the afternoon :(
Well, I like seeing the Princes so in love, the pictures of this week are just fantastic.

xicamaluca said:
Sorry, i was so exited to come tell you all that i didn´t wrote all the details :eek:

An experience to tell to my grandchildren "the day i was on the bus and saw Felipe and Letizia waving" :p:D ahahahahahah

Thank you so much for sharing, xica!

A story to tell grandchildren, but I hope they will return soon:D .

Regards,

http://es.news.yahoo.com/09032006/4/portugal-cavaco-condecora-sampaio-primer-acto-presidente.html

Aníbal Cavaco Silva invested today his predecessor, Jorge Sampaio, with the Great Necklace of the Order of Freedom, in what constituted his first act like Head of State, testimonied by the Princes de Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, among other illustrious guests.

The Princes of Asturias were placed in an outstanding position in the presidential table, during the banquet that was served in the Room of the Music of the Palace of Queluz.

During the investiture ceremony, the Princes of Asturias were seated separatly. Don Felipe was seated by the side of the ex-president of France, Valery Giscard d'Estaing, the president of Guinea-Bissau and the Duque of Luxembourg, along with the ex-president of the United States, George H. Bush, and the president of the European Commission, José Manuel Durão Barroso.

Doña Letizia was seated by the side of the founder of the Portuguese Social Democratic Party (PSD), Francisco Pinto Balsemão, the ex-President, Mário Soares, and his wife, the ex-prime minister Pedro Santana Lopes and the wife of Cavaco, among others.

The Princes left Portugal at 4:00 PM, back to Madrid, since Don Felipe must travel to Chile, to attend, next Saturday, the investiture of Michelle Bachelet as president of that Latin American country.

Although there weren’t photos of them published in the newspapers (we’’ll have to wait for the “yellow magazines” to see the super duper mega photos :D ), there was a great interest around the Princes. One of the journalists that were commenting the ceremony said that there was a big fuss around the couple not only because of the high security that always accompanies them, but also because of the great number of cameras that were trying to get images of them!... And the photographers got completely mad during the banquet, because it was formed a security chain that kept the journalists away and they all wanted to take photos of the guests, and mainly of the Princes… :D

Anyway, the newscasts are starting now, at 8:00 and they’ll certainly show a few images, so here are the links again, in case anyone is interested:

http://www.tvi.iol.pt/mediacenter/media_live.php

http://xl.sapo.pt/index.html?directo=1#
(select the first icon SIC, at your right hand)

From face to face

Attachments

• 00883917.jpg
    00883917.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 00883918.jpg
    00883918.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 00883919.jpg
    00883919.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 00883920.jpg
    00883920.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 00883921.jpg
    00883921.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 276
I have seen some images of the lunch in television, the Prince was seated next to George Bush father, and the Princess next to the President of the European Union, Durao Barroso. By the way, the suit of Letizia was similar in the weave and the color to the one of the wife of Sampaio.

Thank you So much for the great pics you post! It was wonderful to have Felipe and Letizia in Lisbon these days. May them come back many more times!

From londonfeatures

Attachments

• 23839488.jpg
    23839488.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 183
  • 23839495.jpg
    23839495.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 23839493.jpg
    23839493.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 23839492.jpg
    23839492.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 23839490.jpg
    23839490.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 23839489.jpg
    23839489.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 173
  • 23839487.jpg
    23839487.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 266
  • 23839486.jpg
    23839486.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 23839485.jpg
    23839485.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 23839481.jpg
    23839481.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 273
More from londonfeatures

Attachments

• 23839499.jpg
    23839499.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 258
  • 23839496.jpg
    23839496.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 213
  • 23839497.jpg
    23839497.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 23839498.jpg
    23839498.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 241
Nice pics i just hope see some biger .....!
is very nice see them in my contry is just wonderful, i just hope they came more time.

Awwwwwwwwww, what a great story. And Letizia seems even more beautiful now than she did on her wedding day! Thanks for these great pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom