The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2007, 02:14 AM
Commoner

I think Letizia has new jewelry: brazelet and ring. It will be great if we get a close-up.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:47 AM
Courtier

Letizia looks great in this white dress!!!! she looks fabulous!!! I really like her jacket ...it's a good combo with the dress!
The Queen is very elegant as always! I know that the queen had attended this ceremony in the past few years...just wondering if she attend this every year before they got marry too??

Old 10-27-2007, 03:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you everyone for great pics! What a great night it was, very solemn and emotional. Princess Letizia looked absolutely wonderful, her dress was so beautiful, I just loved it, also the jacket was nice. The Princess has looked very good during the last days. The Queen has her own lovely style, she looked good as always.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:58 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
why doesnt the Queen sit up at the table with the Prince & princess?
The prince has to be center stage because it's him, not the queen, who is honored at this event. Nevertheless, you may have noticed that the prize winners, when crossing the stage to receive the prize, make a halt in the middle to honor the queen (some of them even slightly bow) before approaching the table.

Nice cerimony, wasn't it?; it reached a good audience in TVE:

On TVE1, the broadcast of the Prince of Asturias prizes obtained an acceptable 16,6% share and an average audience of 1.353.000 people. A year ago, on October 20 2006, the broadcast achieved 16,2%, four decimal points less.
Los 'Premios Príncipes de Asturias' mantienen un seguimiento similar al de hace un año » Noticias Televisión FormulaTV.com

I hope this year the media won't repeat the ridiculous statement that "a thousand million people watched the show around the world". It was a very biased calculation that the sociologist Anthony Giddens, one of the winners, made several years ago and that some journalists with poor judgement have repeated over and over.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:02 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
I like Letizia's outfit. Both the dress and the jacket are beautiful, though aren't the same style and I don't like how their slightly different colours match.
I really don't like, once again, ugly peep toe shoes with stockings.
Really AWFUl!
Perfect post giov, I totally agree When recalling how spectacular Letizia looked at her two previous appearances this one cannot keep up.

At least for this event she could have styled her hair since the hairdresser must have been around to handle Queen Sofia (who looked lovely), her hair was beautifully made up back in 2004 & 2006 (curls etc). Whenever she lets her hair hanging down there is an emphasis on her haggard face, makes her look abit old.

I watched the event, great stuff. Looking at Al Gore - I deeply admire him for his commitment - you can see that this poor guy spends all his time with flying around the globe, doing his speech etc, and have lunches or dinners. Wow he has gained so much weight. Schumi is an exceptional guy, superrich but never lost track. Thankfully he has not become one of these once successful people who don't know what to do after retirement, hence they jet from party to party due to lack of content in their lives.
Looking forward to 2008!
Old 10-27-2007, 06:52 AM
Royal Highness

Letizia looked beautiful. Thanks for pictures.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Perfect post giov, I totally agree When recalling how spectacular Letizia looked at her two previous appearances this one cannot keep up.
i agree. her previous outfits were too good. this one fell in the category of not so nicefor such an event. what the other poster said is totally right: both styles (dress and jacket) really didn't match.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Courtier

The dress and jacket were beautiful clothes on their own but I am not sure about together although for sure, white is a wonderful colour for Princess Letizia to wear. It reall ysuits her
Old 10-27-2007, 08:52 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
She looks very good overall, esp on TV. The outfit at the PoA awards is definitely from Varela. Maybe she traded in the old dress for this new one .

old dress
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/532...0606281nz1.jpg
The old dress combination is much better than new dress combination ... and the hairdresser was still around
Looks like Varela lost all the inspiration and knowledge how to combine a jacket with a skirt or dress he used to have in previous years

By the way, who is responsible for these ugly plateau shoes Letzia has bought in dozens. Maybe this person should have told her that stockings in peep toe shoes look ridiculous, especially when wearing the black version
Old 10-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urraquita View Post
I think Letizia has new jewelry: brazelet and ring. It will be great if we get a close-up.
Urraquita, you can see all the details of Letizia's outfit in the pics that Crisinaki posted, post#178. Open the pics and then click on them, they get very big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The old dress combination is much better than new dress combination ... and the hairdresser was still around
Looks like Varela lost all the inspiration and knowledge how to combine a jacket with a skirt or dress he used to have in previous years

By the way, who is responsible for these ugly plateau shoes Letzia has bought in dozens. Maybe this person should have told her that stockings in peep toe shoes look ridiculous, especially when wearing the black version
You are right, the old dress combination makes sense.
Who knows who is the resposible for her shoes, maybe her family stylist, "princess Henar Ortiz"?
Old 10-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Are you sure the dress is the same? becasue in closer pictures, the lace seems to be different also, the old dress has a much lower decolte, anyways new or old, I prefer the newer version & love the jacket combination with it.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Nobility

Maria del Carmen Alvarez del Valle, Letizia's grandma and Paloma Rocasolano, Letizia's mother
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/5...0201pasja2.jpg
Old 10-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Nobility

The Princes of Asturias today, Oct 27, 2007

Spains Crown Prince Felipe (L) talks with his wife Princess Letizia during a visit to the village of Moreda near Oviedo October 27, 2007.
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...3047e21deg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...3047e1303g.jpg

Spains Princess Letizia (R) and a miner look on during a visit to a mine in the village of Moreda near Oviedo October 27, 2007.
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...3047d5a8ag.jpg

Spains Crown Prince Felipe (R) waves to a child during a visit to the village of Moreda near Oviedo October 27, 2007.
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...3047fa9e4g.jpg
Spains Crown Prince Felipe (R) talks with a miner during a visit to a mine in the village of Moreda near Oviedo October 27, 2007.
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...3047e91acg.jpg
Old 10-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pics from today:
ElComercioDigital
Old 10-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Are you sure the dress is the same? becasue in closer pictures, the lace seems to be different also, the old dress has a much lower decolte, anyways new or old, I prefer the newer version & love the jacket combination with it.

They are two different dresses. Not sure what others are talking about. It's obviously different, the neckline, the lace, its all different. I'm confused by those posts about it being the same.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia´s mother and grandmother at the Awards:
ElComercioDigital
He is so handsome...
ElComercioDigital
She is so beautiful...
ElComercioDigital
Felipe and Letizia
ElComercioDigital
Queen Sofia
ElComercioDigital
Letizia
ElComercioDigital
Old 10-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
They are two different dresses. Not sure what others are talking about. It's obviously different, the neckline, the lace, its all different. I'm confused by those posts about it being the same.
You are right, we were wrong, they are different, same style but different.
So, don't be confused about it anymore.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Courtier

She glows and glitters in these pictures. Queen Sofia was very elegant too.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Spanish Crown Prince Felipe (C) and Princess Letizia (L) during their visit to Aller de Hunosa coal mine near Moreda, Spain, 27 October 2007. The Crown couple chaired the awarding ceremony of the Asturias Prince Prizes one day before. Moreda was awared with the Asturias Exemplary Town Prize 2007.
Picture 1
Picture 2

Spanish Crown Prince Felipe (L) and Princess Letizia (C) speak with a group of children dressed in Asturian traditional costumes during their visit to Moreda, Spain, 27 October 2007. The Crown couple chaired the awarding ceremony of the Asturias Prince Prizes one day before. Moreda was awared with the Asturias Exemplary Town Prize 2007.
Picture
(anp)

a picture gallery with lovely big pictures of the couple with the people
Old 10-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Wink

Videos