Prince Felipe's 40th Birthday: January 30, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree, i'm surprised about the video. i'm quite sure they got inspiration for this from the other princely couples (haakon and mette-marit released videos of their children a couple of times, and so did willem and maxima). it seems that videos are becoming quite a normal thing. i loved this one as much as i did with the others. i think it's great that they open up.

I don't think they got inspiration from other princely couples. Felipe is celebrating his 40th birthday, which is a milestone, so I think Casa Real just wanted to show both his professional and family life. Don't forget the video is not about the children ,eventhough Leonor seems to steal it from her father, but about Felipe the family man which is the point of the EFE special. I don't think we will be seeing more videos like this again till God knows when because it's just not their style.

Many thanks for the material. I guess we always have to keep in mind that it is about Felipe's 40th Bday. The girls are lovely although I find the atmosphere of the family pics strangely serious. I mean they usually laugh a lot and come across as warm but this time it's a bit like we don't really wanna do it but we have to. Letizia looks very unrelaxed and does not look into the camera once. All a bit staged. But maybe this is the purpose, to show that they are serious CPs and Felipe is a worthy successor of JC.

it's true the atmosphere looks strange but nice pics
the girls are so cute

Is Caracol a Spanish cartoon or kiddie show?

" Caracol" is a "snail", the Princess tries that Leonor sings an infantile Spanish about on a snail.

It is the first time that the Princes leave to record in the intimacy of their house and with their daughters, for them that are in the habit of being enough private rooms in everything what refers to their feelings, has had to of being difficult. They need a bit more of practice.:lol: ... Neither I believe that it turns out comfortable to have to part of the personnel of Zarzuela observing and to know that these images are going to be scrutinized to the minimum (the Spanish press does not conform that nice images, it is necessary to do the whole possible business with them).

Many thanks for the material. I guess we always have to keep in mind that it is about Felipe's 40th Bday. The girls are lovely although I find the atmosphere of the family pics strangely serious. I mean they usually laugh a lot and come across as warm but this time it's a bit like we don't really wanna do it but we have to. Letizia looks very unrelaxed and does not look into the camera once. All a bit staged. But maybe this is the purpose, to show that they are serious CPs and Felipe is a worthy successor of JC.

I think the EFE were doing a video and the pictures were taken from the snap shots of the video, that's why nobody seems to pose for the camera. They are very natural pictures of the family in action, not a staged photoshoot.

I don't think they got inspiration from other princely couples. Felipe is celebrating his 40th birthday, which is a milestone, so I think Casa Real just wanted to show both his professional and family life. Don't forget the video is not about the children ,eventhough Leonor seems to steal it from her father, but about Felipe the family man which is the point of the EFE special. I don't think we will be seeing more videos like this again till God knows when because it's just not their style.

True. The whole video is about 40 minutes (abc even mentioned 90 minutes). A few minutes of family life is very small part of the video, however it has become the main interest of the press, even a serious newspaper such as abc only has this part included on their website.

Last edited:
True. The whole video is about 40 minutes (abc even mentioned 90 minutes). A few minutes of family life is very small part of the video, however it has become the main interest of the press, even a serious newspaper such as abc only has this part included on their website.

The video of the Agency EFE lasts 90 minutes, they are unpublished images of activities of the Prince. The family images are only a few minutes, of a work of follow-up of 3 months ... there are images of private meetings, luncheons and scenes never seen of official acts. Yesterday many televisions put the familiar images, and the television newscasts and some programs also part of more official images. In these days there will be the special ones on the birthday of the prince and probably use some of these images. For the present time it is not known if any television will emit it complete.

Can somebody maybe write down and translate what little Leo said? I unfortunately don't speak Spanish...:flowers:

She's so darn cute...can't get my eyes off of that video:wub:

RTVE - SALA DE PRENSA

TVE offers this Friday " The 40 of the Prince "

Spanish television offers this Friday, the 25th of January, at 22:00 in The 1, the special program " The 40 of the Prince ", on the occasion of don Felipe de Borbón next birthday, which on January 30 expires 40 years. The article, with script of Sagrario Ruiz de Apodaca and Luis Lianes, and Pilar García Bartolomé's accomplishment, tries to announce the Prince across whom they have shared with him different moments of his life.

" The 40 of the Prince ", a program of the Informative Services, it shows how he has changed the life of the Prince of Asturias since he has married and is a father, what responsibilities he assumes as inheritor of the Wreath, what worries he has, what challenges he raises the future. The article discovers some anecdotes, his sense of the humor, of the friendship … In whole, they are 45 testimonies gathered specially for this occasion by TVE.

The special one " The 40 of the Prince ", of an hour of duration, is not narrated by means of a conventional statement by voice in off. They are the own testimonies of the interviewed ones those that they do of conductive thread and bring us over to the life of the Prince at his 40 years: his experiences, his recollections, the sense of his work, his worries and his interests.

I think the EFE were doing a video and the pictures were taken from the snap shots of the video, that's why nobody seems to pose for the camera. They are very natural pictures of the family in action, not a staged photoshoot.
I noticed that as well, especially the indoor shots. You can clearly see the cameras flashing.

They were probably quite conscious of looking "neutral" for the photographs.

This was such a treat! I really did enjoy looking at all of the pictures and video. Thanks to all that posted links. I think that the two girls are soo sweet.

there is a really touching part near in the end of the video when Felipe kisses Sofia's head

It is the first time that the Princes leave to record in the intimacy of their house and with their daughters, for them that are in the habit of being enough private rooms in everything what refers to their feelings, has had to of being difficult. They need a bit more of practice.:lol: ... Neither I believe that it turns out comfortable to have to part of the personnel of Zarzuela observing and to know that these images are going to be scrutinized to the minimum (the Spanish press does not conform that nice images, it is necessary to do the whole possible business with them).
Thanks lula that's a good explaination. It clearly shows, all a bit awkward. JC & Sofia probably can tell a story about lack of privacy in their early years when being observed by Zarzuela personnel. I hope the Asturias family will do such homestories more often when the girls grow older and they get more comfortable, as shown by the norwegian or dutch royals.

Thanks lula that's a good explaination. It clearly shows, all a bit awkward. JC & Sofia probably can tell a story about lack of privacy in their early years when being observed by Zarzuela personnel. I hope the Asturias family will do such homestories more often when the girls grow older and they get more comfortable, as shown by the norwegian or dutch royals.

Not Duke, the reality of the Kings and the one that the Princes of Asturias live is absolutely different.

When the Prince had the age of Leonor, Juan Carlos and Sofia were not Kings, and were living in a background. When they turned into Kings, they needed that the Spanish knew them, and because of it they opened the doors of palace. But then in Spain only there was one channel of tv that was the public television. The journalists who went to Zarzuela were a group very reduced with that there was nearness and confidence.

Now the situation is very different, there are dozens of televisions, newspapers, magazines, radioes ... besides Internet. The business matters more than the information, and any topic serves to occupy space, and they do not agree to give the news and to be grateful for the detail, but they have to analyze even the most minimal thing because it is what gives money (some journalists charge for an intervention in tv what others receive in a month of work).

The Princes already are accustomed to it, but they have to be very worried in how it can affect their daughters. Till now the press has demonstrated not to have self-control (Leonor's diseases, the harassment to Carla and the Marichalar), and it places them in a complicated position. In addition, the press and the public have found a beautiful girl, with personality and nice, that there has turned into one of the prominent figures more darling of this country .... and it means that they use her for the business, writing contemptuous articles about she, or accusing her parents of using to improve their image. Because there is a sector of the press that comes to these ends... Probably if the girl was ugly and antipathetic, they were not interested in her so much.

I have the impression that the press of Norway and of Holland, it is more respectful enough ... and probably, if the Princes and the Royal House, they did not have this sensation that these images are going to serve in order that a group of persons with few scruples do business, the things might do of a calmer and relaxed way.

I have doubts that we return to see images as these in a lot of time, at least until there is another special event.

La Nueva España - Diario Independiente de Asturias - Asturias - Mi padrino el Príncipe

My godfather the Prince

Felipe Lopez Sanchez does not lack godfather and, in addition, of blue blood, since he goes proudly to be the first godson of the Prince of Asturias and inheritor of the Wreath of Spain.

17 years have happened since the Prince Felipe was supporting in San Esteban of Cuñaba (Peñamellera Baja), first " Exemplary Village " of Asturias, to this child, who moved with his parents to reside in Gijon from 3 years.

Now, on the occasion of 40º birthday of the Prince of Asturias, the Royal Family has not wanted to forget Felipe Lopez. The teenager, who takes part together with his brother, Andrés, and his parents, Milagros Sanchez and Eugenio Lopez, in the documentary of Spanish Television for the anniversary of the Prince, assures that "always" he has supported the contact with his godfather.

I am rather new to the group. What disease does Leonor have? She appears to be a very healthy little girl. Thanks so much for the answer.

Not Duke, the reality of the Kings and the one that the Princes of Asturias live is absolutely different.

When the Prince had the age of Leonor, Juan Carlos and Sofia were not Kings, and were living in a background. When they turned into Kings, they needed that the Spanish knew them, and because of it they opened the doors of palace. But then in Spain only there was one channel of tv that was the public television. The journalists who went to Zarzuela were a group very reduced with that there was nearness and confidence.

Now the situation is very different, there are dozens of televisions, newspapers, magazines, radioes ... besides Internet. The business matters more than the information, and any topic serves to occupy space, and they do not agree to give the news and to be grateful for the detail, but they have to analyze even the most minimal thing because it is what gives money (some journalists charge for an intervention in tv what others receive in a month of work).

The Princes already are accustomed to it, but they have to be very worried in how it can affect their daughters. Till now the press has demonstrated not to have self-control (Leonor's diseases, the harassment to Carla and the Marichalar), and it places them in a complicated position. In addition, the press and the public have found a beautiful girl, with personality and nice, that there has turned into one of the prominent figures more darling of this country .... and it means that they use her for the business, writing contemptuous articles about she, or accusing her parents of using to improve their image. Because there is a sector of the press that comes to these ends... Probably if the girl was ugly and antipathetic, they were not interested in her so much.

I have the impression that the press of Norway and of Holland, it is more respectful enough ... and probably, if the Princes and the Royal House, they did not have this sensation that these images are going to serve in order that a group of persons with few scruples do business, the things might do of a calmer and relaxed way.

I have doubts that we return to see images as these in a lot of time, at least until there is another special event.

Sorry lula sounds like a misunderstanding. I meant it in the way that JC & Sofia were under surveillance by parts of their personnel and without any privacy at Zarzuela back in those days as it was very likely that all details would eventually be reported to Franco. That's not a nice situation to live in. The Princes will have live-in personnel as well, not easy to live with that but not as bad either.

Regarding your comments, absolutely correct, as times have changed and all other Royal Families make similar experiences although I understand the point with the agressiveness of the press. But, situations can change, even with the press, and it's part of the Asturia's family's job to turn the tide with time passing by, essential for their survival. Being restrictive and awkward is no option, therefore they should open up step by step since all family members will be in the spotlight for the rest of their lifes. Especially Leonor's path will be extremely difficult to go.

Paloma B has her own view on the homestory, of course:
Vanitatis.com - La intimidad de los Borbón Ortiz

Sorry but my spanish is only basic and not well enough to give a translation. Paloma touches the controversial subject of the girls visiting Asturias (they have not done although Letizia has promised to bring them), welcomes the shoot in general but does give some sarcastic comments about the content (business as usual).

Having watched the video I find Felipe quite relaxed and on top of things. He has the potential of becoming a cool dad whilst Letizia is quite annoying with her controlling and overprotective streak, a true perfectionist mother :eek: Leonor is only two but luckily she already has the guts to take her own decision regarding how (or if at all) to sing or read or ride the bike :D As we can see, Felipe already knows how to ease up such situations and to take the pressure off his little girl. They'll have a very close bond, no question. Letizia should have a look at Mette Marit or Maxima who are relaxed and at ease with themselves what reflects on the children who usually have big smiles on their faces. This is what I meant with serious atmosphere in my earlier post, the family activities were a bit forced and lacked the ease and a relaxed and confident manner that royal families with young children usually show off at such rare occasions.

Duke you are comparing two totally different situations. The situation of the Kings with Franco, and the situation of the Princes with regard to the public opinion or the press .... they are not comparable situations. It was another type of pressure, which was affecting more the parents than to the children.

As for your reference, in my opinion Barrientos is a woman with bad intentions, always she criticizes the Princess, and for it it is not important for her to use Leonor, and certainly she commits many mistakes in her commentaries. For example, Leonor has been in Asturias with her parents in a visit to house of her great-grandmother (certainly that the Barrientos was criticizing terribly the Princes for went home in Asturias:bang:) ... but the press only found out when they were returning to Madrid. If then they did not find out other times could have been without the press knows. The Princess said a lot of for time ago this decision it belonged to the prince, and I would say more of the Royal House ... and the surest thing is that to the one that more hurts not to visit her house is to the princess, but this it is a decision that is over her.

And another thing, each one is as if Letizia is more or less protective with her daughter is thing of her ... but there is Leonor, and it does not stop being an onlooker that anybody admits that if the girl is like she is, it is largely for her mother, who is the one that more time has passed with her. If the girl had behaved badly in the images, or she was behaving badly when she appears publicly, who they would criticize is to her mother. Leonor in spite of her 2 years, is an independent girl and with very much character, and if she behaves well someone is because they have put limits to her, and normally this is in the habit of being her mother, because her father melts with her.
Apparently Leonor has the character of her father, and to the prince, his mother had " to tie shortly ".

These days I have had the opportunity to see many images, and really it is a shame that the Princess has lost this attitude opened of her first two appearances ... but nobody can blame her with it, probably if she was receiving a more respectful and just treatment, she would not need this cuirass.

I am rather new to the group. What disease does Leonor have? She appears to be a very healthy little girl. Thanks so much for the answer.

She doesn't have any disease. Vicious tongues were circulating a rumor she was 'ill' as a baby.

The video of the Princes and girls is the cutest!! I LOVED IT, when Felipe says to little Sofi "Y tu que dices?" (what do you say?) and then kisses her OMG :wub::wub: that is the cutest thing ever! Thank you so much for the videos and pictures! :):flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom