Prince Felipe's 40th Birthday: January 30, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The part where he's giving a speech and the croud keeps yelling "guapo guapo guapo!" is so funny!!, and his reaction is so cute, like saying "Thank you" :lol:
(it is in the second video around the 3rd minute!)

when was the interview in those videos filmed? it looks like quite a new video, not done long ago. i liked hearing him speaking about his years at university and georgetown. i liked hearing him speak in catalan, galician and basque, he has such a good accent (at least for catalan, which is the only i understand). perhaps we will hear letizia shortly? also, did anyone notice how he refers to the king and queen as such? he doesn't even once say dad and mum.
the school clips are just great. very good piece of media they found!

Last edited:
Most of the program is of the interview that realized on the occasion of his 30 birthday. Though still today some of his reflections are very in force, a shame is that we have not had the opportunity to listen to anything on the last 10 years, his life has changed very much.

there is a special report in this months majesty magazine on his 40th bday as well as a section on the 70th bday of the king. i found it interesting to read that whilst Spain is supportive of Juan Carlos as King they are not neccessarily monarchists and many do not think that Felipe will be a suitable choice.
"...many Spaniards are Juancarlistas rather then monarchists and Felipe does not enjoy the same level of support as his father. His marriage to divorced former television presenter Letizia Ortiz was criticised in many quarters and his fitness to reign has been questioned. With the taboo on attacking the monarchy beginning to crumble, it remains to be seen what the future holds for the Spanish Crown."

I believe that this it is a superficial enough, habitual vision in certain type of press and for lack of knowledge. It is evident that the Prince is never going to live through the historical circumstances through that his father lived, we do not know through those that he will have to live and how he is going to face them.

To summarize the Prince with the phrase of " he has married a divorced journalist " is simple enough. The Spanish society is sufficiently mature to accept it, without supposes a problem (except for a minority that wants to make business or criticize for criticizing). The Prince is not going to have (let's wait for) a Franco or one 23F, he does not even have thet great charisma of his father. Nevertheless, he has many other things to his favor, and sometimes a shame is that it does not know the sufficient thing because only it interests the gossip.

To part of that the Prince has a better formation of the one that had his father, he has learned of him. He could have learned the good thing, but also of the mistakes of his father (who has had them). Whereas with the King, for his historical role, some mistakes have been kept the background, with the Prince always there has been major pressure and criticizes .... and it has a positive part, because it contributes more transparency.

Curiously for the birthday of the King, many serious journalists, were concentrating already on the future that the Prince was meaning that in the King. They doubt neither the capacities of the Prince, nor of his political or diplomatic capacity (I believe that no serious mistake is known, and he has lived through not very comfortable situations). If there is some change with the Spanish Monarchy it will not be because the Prince is the inept one that cannot do his work or because the Princess had a previous marriage, but for circumstances that go farther and concern many areas.

If probably something was criticized in the Prince, it is that he was, probably for coyness, more distant, which was contrasting with the extrovert and charming character of his father. This way, as that he was living a bit surrounded by " rich children ". Curiously, which more was criticizing him, has improved it with his wedding (yes, with the "horrible" divorcée). Now he is more relaxed, is more nearby and has demonstrated that he can be nearby of all type of people.

For many people, over the King, of the hair of Letziia or of Marichalar's absence ... the more emphasized from the birthday of the King was the speech of the Prince, the conjunction of the son and of the inheritor. I have the imprension of which with everything what has happened in the last months the figure of the Prince has been rising, and that this year is going to be one very interesting year.

Great!! hope we'll get those pics on the forum soon!!

Pictures are great. Thanks. I think Hola will have all pictures.

Lovely lovely photos, the girls are so gorgeus, and the princes are so proud parents

The newly released pictures are really awesome!
The girls are two cuties! :flowers:

Does anyone know when the pictures were taken?
Letizia-hairstyle-wise they look like they were taken last autumn.
Any idea?

The newly released pictures are really awesome!
The girls are two cuties! :flowers:

Does anyone know when the pictures were taken?
Letizia-hairstyle-wise they look like they were taken last autumn.
Any idea?

According to the press agency, November 29th ;)

Those little girls drives me crazy, they are soooooooooooooooooooo :angel:beautiful, ouch.:wub:

what beautiful pictures and really nice of them to be released for felipe's 40th bday

do you think that they were taken at the same time as the one used on the christmas card - maybe it was the same photo shoot (i think they are wearing different clothes but date 29nov would fit)

The pictures are soooo sweet :wub::wub: This is the best surprise ever! It's so nice to see the princes with the girls in their living room, acting ordinary. These pictures are really private things. The girls are soo beautiful :wub:

http://www.canarias7.es/articulo.cfm?Id=81427

The private and public life of a 40-year-old Prince

The images that reflect the habitual work of the Prince of Asturias, who next January 30 expires 40 years, have been recorded by the Agency Efe, close to family scenes with his wife, Doña Letizia, and his daughters, the Infantas Leonor and Sofia, many of them in exclusive.

Jesus Bartolomé y Nacho Martin, cameras of the agency, they have followed Don Felipe for almost three months to obtain a graphical article in which unpublished images appear of the one who will be the successor of Don Juan Carlos in the Throne.

Canarias 7. Nacional. La vida privada y pública de un Príncipe de 40 años

The private and public life of a 40-year-old Prince

The images that reflect the habitual work of the Prince of Asturias, who next January 30 expires 40 years, have been recorded by the Agency Efe, close to family scenes with his wife, Doña Letizia, and his daughters, the Infantas Leonor and Sofia, many of them in exclusive.

Jesus Bartolomé y Nacho Martin, cameras of the agency, they have followed Don Felipe for almost three months to obtain a graphical article in which unpublished images appear of the one who will be the successor of Don Juan Carlos in the Throne.

So...there is a video?
Will be public?

So...there is a video?
Will be public?

Yes, it seems that there is an special video of the public press agency EFE. It will be necessary to have a bit of patience, tomorrow I believe that the new photos will turn out to be published in the magazines, and probably it will report of where and when these images will be emitted.;)

Yes, it seems that there is an special video of the public press agency EFE. It will be necessary to have a bit of patience, tomorrow I believe that the new photos will turn out to be published in the magazines, and probably it will report of where and when these images will be emitted.;)
A video :w00t:. Thanks lula for information :flowers:.

Thank you for those lovely photos, I'm glad to see they've kept it short and sweet.

I like Leitizia's pink jacket. Leonor's hat with the bow, the pink jacket, brown dress and brown tights are just too cute. Her hair seems to turn a bit darker now. What a surprise to see the photos. I hope to see the video soon.

Such sweet pictures. Leonor and Sofia are so sweet, and Felipe looks like a wonderful father! I love Leonor on her little bike.:wub:

Last edited:
Do you think there would be more pictures to come? I would love to see more of little Sofia.

I was surprised why Sofia doesn´t look more grown up. But now I know that these photos are already two months old. Pity....Plus they should´ve made photos where you can see the girls a little nearer and closer.
I know I repeat myself but in that photo with the pink jacket Letizia looks again awfully skinny...

Felipe, to turn 40 years
The Prince of Asturias takes stock of his work before his next birthday

The Prince of Asturias is about to turn 40 years old, will next Wednesday. A round figure and important in life, also at Don Felipe. And this time the heir wanted to take stock. To this end, the Casa del Rey has distributed, a week before his birthday, a summary of all its activities for the past 12 years, when completed their training in Georgetown began its work more public and official. From 1996 to December 31, 2007, Don Felipe has made 4,530 official activities, 377 per year, ie a day. He has made 170 trips abroad, which represents more than one official trip per month. He granted an audience to 13,405 people, representing an annual average of 1,117, or to put it another way had seen three people in audience every day. And it has delivered 719 speeches.

Felipe, a punto de cumplir 40 años · ELPAÍS.com

Beautiful pictures. Great family. My only comment: why aren't the curtains in the background ironed? They seemed completely wrinkled--sorry I had to say it.

such a happy family!!!! good to see leonor riding the bike!!!
can't wait to see the video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom