Prince Felipe's 40th Birthday: January 30, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
El papel de un heredero de 40 años - Público.es

The roll of a heir of 40 years Sociologists, historians and politicians thinks on the legal emptiness that surrounds the figure by the prince

La plural generación del Príncipe - 20minutos.es

Los 40 años de don Felipe de Borbón. El Comercio
Days ago, in all the Spanish televisions and, perhaps, in many foreigners, it frankly appeared a enternecedora stamp. In the garden of his palace, Prince de Asturias taught to his Leonor daughter to cycle; in the meantime, Princess Letizia and her Sofía daughter contemplated the picture with true attention. They demonstrated to us, once again, which conforms a family.

VIDEO
Interstitial - Noticia

The best gift of the Prince at his 40 years: The ' happy birthday ' of his daughters

The Prince of Asturias confronts 40 years that fulfills today " in form ", with desire of living, " of working and very happily with his family ".

This way has demonstrated don Felipe when entered in the sedates of the Staff General Staff of the Defense to speak for video conference with the Spanish troops in missions of peace in The Lebanon, Kosovo, Sarajevo and Afghanistan.

Thank you for these links. They are fantastic. He is so handsome, and seems to get better with age.

Great stuff from hola. I really loved the video of felipe and leonor reading. Very cute! Thanks for posting!

i think that it was a perfect way for Felipe to spend his birthday with his wife and two daughters - he did want to create a fuss by having an expensive lavish gala

i hope that he had a most enjoyable day:fireworks::sun:

there won't be a bigger party this weekend?? like for Inaki???

there won't be a bigger party this weekend?? like for Inaki???

Some journalists said it would be a party this weekend. Even there is a party, it will be inside Zarzuela as Elena's 40th birthday party, we won't be able to see any pictures.

I agree with Duke in that the whole thing seems extremely rehearsed. The environment seems too formal. The curtains, which no one has mentioned, are not even ironed!! It's killing me!!!! The table cloth did not match the decor--to me it was just placed there. The are no toys around. I don't know about you, but I would have liked to see them in an environment where the girls actually play.

I agree with Duke in that the whole thing seems extremely rehearsed. The environment seems too formal. The curtains, which no one has mentioned, are not even ironed!! It's killing me!!!! The table cloth did not match the decor--to me it was just placed there. The are no toys around. I don't know about you, but I would have liked to see them in an environment where the girls actually play.

According to an article (El Semanal Digital, I believe) that table does not really exist at all. The cameramen put it there from the dining room (used to put serving plates) because they wanted to use the El Pardo mountains as backdrop.

These images are done in the first floor of the house, which is the most public and official zone; not in the rooms or zones deprived of the family. A thing is that they show us something of their house, and other one what suggests Rotxeve, show more private rooms to us, I believe that it is not necessary to pass from onlookers, because the unique interest that has it is the gossip.

As has said planetcher those who realized the images they wanted to take advantage of the landscape of El Pardo and the light, possibly for not have to abuse of lights, because it is possible to see if you follow the images it was getting dark already.

I found it a quite odd combination for a "home story" because for me "homestory" means being visited by the media in the environment you live in and feel good in, an alternative to a "staged" family shoot, that doesn't need to be staged by the way, just have a look at the latest dutch shoots. More natural is not possible. In this case, the Asturias family was being filmed at home but behaved so incredibly staged as if they were being filmed on the moon, Letizia most annoyingly kept her face hidden behind her unstyled hair all the time and then the stunt with the bike, my godness, this poor girl did not really want to go and looking at her it's no miracle. I wonder who puts a 2 year old on a bike with training wheels these days, that's incredible old fashioned and instable for Leonor, too. I wonder if another cut of budget prevented F & L from buying a "walking" bike (Leonor moving forward with her legs) for her daughter as most parents do since it's much more convenient for a child and actually helps developping some balance which is needed for riding a "normal" bike when she gets older.

And Rox, don't worry about the curtains, since the table does not really belong there maybe the curtains don't belong either, maybe the cameraman pulled them out of the washing mashine before the shoot because he thought the room looks better with curtains, no matter if ironed or not. After all, it would not surprise me ;):wacko:

Considering the fact that the only part of the room that is seen on camera is the table and the sofa I'm intrigued to know how you've concluded that this is not an area the girls play in.

Moreover, if the curtains had been ironed, would you not simply nitpick about that as well, saying that it was too rehearsed?!

Duke, that have to show their bedrooms to give images on their house :bang:? I believe that no Royal Family in this type of images shows the stays most deprived of their house, they show their offices, some lounges, but not the private stays. In case of the House of the Prince of Asturias, the first floor is official, where there are lounges, the office and the dining room ... and it is in the second floor where the family lives, where they have their bedrooms and private lounges. The normal thing is that there the girls play, and it does not seem to be logical to put to the press in your bedroom.

It seems to you to be antiquated, but in Spain many children continue using the wheels of support. So it is not strange.:rolleyes:

Since photography is my hobby, I have to comment on this. When I first looked at the photos of the family, I noticed immediately the gorgeous sunset at the background and of course, the beautiful family at the foreground. I got what the photographer got and why the photograph would shoot at that spot.

All photos are "staged" if they are shot by a professional photographer. A photographer will look for the best light, a beautiful background, an interesting foreground and the way to frame it, by that order. If you want random snap shots, you don't hire a photographer, you do it yourself with your cell phone. No royal family would release snap shots of its members in real family living quarter. They are all staged.

As for the curtain and the tableclothe, I didn't even notice them until someone brought it up as criticism. So are the same people who complained the photos were too "staged" also complained that they didn't stage it as perfectly as they would like? :rolleyes:

I love prince Felipe's images when he was a boy. Leonor looks much like her father. I wish Letizia and Felipe would be queen and king of Spain and Leonor the heir of the throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom