The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2004, 10:35 AM
Courtier

I'm not sure these have been posted--sorry if they are dups.

I love Letizia's expression in this one, reminds me of the Octavio Paz line that was receited to them during this trip: The world begins when two people love

Greeting well-wishers

Felipe laughing at yesterday's conference

I just adore this couples chemistry.

Old 07-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Royal Highness

She gets it right this time. The suit is elegant and her hairstyle complements it. :flower:

Old 07-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Man, those two are soooo in love, they're lucky they've found each other....seriously, they are true soulmates...........awwwwwwwww (sorry for being so silly, but it's just that I'm a huge fan of them both

love,
Anna
Old 07-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Courtier

prince Felipe and princess Letizia in Mexico

Old 07-20-2004, 06:51 PM
Courtier

A few images from their last day in Mexico:

Felipe and Letizia
Love Felipe's tie!
With a very young fan.
fans
Shaking more hands
Felipe and Letizia
Waving
Arriving at museum

Cute story I read in the mexican press: A mariachi band played for them at one of their stops today and one of th songs was about Guadalajara, where Letizia lived as a student/reporter when she was in her early twenties. Apparently she knew the song and quietly sang along, charming every one around her...The press reports have been very favorable througout their trip.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by agm@Jul 20th, 2004 - 5:45 pm
prince Felipe and princess Letizia in Mexico
oops, i repeated some of the images you posted, agm!
Old 07-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Courtier

The pink outfit looks fantastic on Letizia. She wears bright, vibrant colours very well.

I am also loving some of the anecdotes shared in this thread about the couple by everyone, such as the "he's the boss" story!

Thank you everybody.

Old 07-20-2004, 07:19 PM
Courtier

And a few more:

All smiles
Simply darling photo with a small boy.
Arriving
In the museum
Listen to Museum director
Old 07-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

oh... i didn't really like that orange outfit...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh,i think that it 's nice. :flower:
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 07-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Royal Highness

I love Felipe's suit. :flower: .but the beard.ay he looksa bit creepty.

The color doesn't fit Letizia's complexion nicely or complement it at all. It also looks like the outfit is some combination, because of the two distinct materials.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Courtier

Everyone is in their perfect right to pick away at this detail or the other, but what really matters is that the trip to Mexico has been a complete and total success. Everywhere they went they were greeted by large and enthusiastic crowds. Vicente Fox went well beyond the call of protocol by inviting them to mass on Sunday and giving them the use of his own presidential plane to go up to Monterrey. The Mexican press is filled with nothing but praise for Felipe and Letizia--they impressed people with their openess, their down-to-earth approachability, their elegance, their interest and intelligence. Much commented upon was Felipe's evident preparedness for his future role and Letizia's beauty--described in one article as a "fascinating" beauty.

As one Spanish columnist covering the trip wrote: Letizia even managed to impress the infamously difficult to please Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

So I am pleased for one of my favorite couples. They have certainly started off on the right foot--and strongly at that. Next up are Panama, the Dominican Republic and Budapest, all before September 10--and I'm sure we'll also be able to enjoy a few images of the pair at the Royal Family summer haunt of Palma de Mallorca.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:03 AM
Nobility

Thanks lucys, I really enjoyed looking at the pictures and especially the anecdotes :flower:
Old 07-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by lucys@Jul 20th, 2004 - 10:59 pm
Next up are Panama, the Dominican Republic and Budapest, all before September 10--and I'm sure we'll also be able to enjoy a few images of the pair at the Royal Family summer haunt of Palma de Mallorca.
I love seeing pictures of Felipe and Letizia everyday, but I'm really hoping that they'll stop and get some rest. Don't want to burn our princess out now.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by nouwrein@Jul 20th, 2004 - 11:03 pm
Thanks lucys, I really enjoyed looking at the pictures and especially the anecdotes  :flower:
You are welcome. And here's one final anecdote for the romantic sap in all of us--it describes events after the dinner on Monday night:

"When the dinner ended, the attendees were surprised by the appearance of the singer Tania Libertad, who, wearing a Caftan in orange tones, interpreted romantic songs by Agustín Lara and Jose Alfredo Jiménez. While she sang, the princes, like one more pair of lovers, held hands and interchanged glances of complicity. At one moment, perhaps forgetting the rules, Letizia tenderly caressed the cheek of her husband."
Old 07-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Courtier

[QUOTE=lucys,Jul 21st, 2004 - 8:10 am] At one moment, perhaps forgetting the rules, Letizia tenderly caressed the cheek of her husband."[/i]

Ahhhh, love in bloom. What a sweet scene that must have been.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lyonnaise  Posted: Jul 21st, 2004 - 5:09 am

hoping that they'll stop and get some rest. Don't want to burn our princess out now.
I guess to hope for pictures of them lounging around a pool is out of the question !!?? :P

Ok .. how about some high dives off the middle board, and a shot of some-one pulling their bathing suit back into position ?
Old 07-21-2004, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Hola magazine has posted their choice of shots from the Mexico trip. Many are similar to the ones we've seen but a few are worth posting, I think. So, one last look at the Mexico trip?

With the little girl that gave them an angel. Just look at her happy face!
Posing for the "fans"
Letizia sign's guest book--red really is her color!
Princess Letizia (Hola says the simple jewels she always wears are all gifts from her hubby.)
Confidences
Walking into (or out of?) Basilica of Guadalupe
Lovely shot of their profiles
Simple gestures...
Old 07-22-2004, 07:52 AM
Commoner

WOW, WOW,WOW...............Letizia looks very beautiful ang elegant. it's just two months since sshe became princess but i can say the rest of royal women are far behid her. she is the royal star. :flower: