The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Courtier

prince Felipe and Letizia (Madrid)

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia

prince Felipe

Old 05-10-2004, 05:38 PM
Courtier

I love the skirt and shoes...not too crazy about the jacket but it's not too bad... Last time she wore a skirt the length was wrong for her legs but this skirt length is just fine...

She looks a little tired...You can see she's got circles under her eyes in the close-up.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:30 AM
Courtier

The pic of Felipe and Letizia in the city Hall of Madrid from the Royal House website

Casareal
Su Alteza Real el Príncipe recibió la medalla de honor de Madrid, una distinción concedida con la unanimidad de todos los grupos políticos de la Corporación en reconocimiento a su contribución "a la defensa de los valores constitucionales, democráticos y sociales". Don Felipe acompañado por su prometida, Doña Letizia Ortiz, recibió la medalla de manos del Alcalde de la capital, Alberto Ruiz Gallardón, en un acto solemne celebrado en el Salón de Plenos de la Casa de la Villa, en presencia de los concejales y diversas autoridades de Madrid. Su Alteza Real el Príncipe tras recibir la máxima distinción de Madrid, expresó su satisfacción y su orgullo de la "ciudadanía a la que pertenezco", y elogió a esta ciudad que "ha sabido ser la capital abierta de una Nación que encuentra en ella el espacio necesario para hacerse escuchar". Como vecino de Madrid, don Felipe expresó su deseo de "defender y promover el modelo de convivencia que en esta ciudad ejercitan sus gentes" y aludió en repetidas veces la tragedia del 11 de marzo, ante la cual, afirmó que "el mundo entero pudo comprobar la valía de un pueblo que no se abandonó a la desesperada" y supo "plantarle cara al terror".
(Ayuntamiento de Madrid, 10 de mayo de 2004)

The pic
Old 05-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Courtier

Prince Felipe of Spain and his fiance Letizia Ortiz visit a public school where study children whose families were victims of the March 11 train bombings in Madrid in which nearly 200 people died, 11 May 2004 in Santa Eugenia, est of Madrid, two months after the attacks took place.

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia
Old 05-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Aristocracy

Am I the only one who is surprised by how happy Felipe and Letizia seems while visiting the school of the children to the victims?

Maybe it's because they wanted to cheer up the children???

I thought it looked a little inappropriate...
Old 05-11-2004, 11:16 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Cissan@May 11th, 2004 - 10:10 am
Am I the only one who is surprised by how happy Felipe and Letizia seems while visiting the school of the children to the victims?

Maybe it's because they wanted to cheer up the children???

I thought it looked a little inappropriate...
Yes, I noticed that. And that was a strange expression on his face in that first photo. They greeted the crowd rather happily. Maybe it was to cheer them up. But they looked appropiately serious in the third photo.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Courtier

Well, I suppose they were reacting to the crowd's reaction. If the crowd is yelling and cheering them on then it would look odd for them to have solemn faces. On the other hand if the people are all mourning and crying like they would have been at the funeral then it would be appropriate to be solemn.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Majesty

seems to me that letizia and felipe are increasing their visits and publical appearences now, only one or two weeks before their wedding. that also happened with mary and frederik... why is it?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Majesty

letizia and peñafiel, face to face

the other day, the day they went to hear the simphonie by nacho cano, peñafiel and letizia saw their faces for the first time. letizia talked to him, because, apparently, she had misunderstood an article by jaime. she told him to phone to the royal house to contrast information, phrase to which peñafiel said that it's imposible to contrast all the information in these words: 'i won't phone to the royal house just to know how tall are your shoes'. she asked him if he saw her sad, because apparently he had wrote something like that comparing her with victoria eugenia de wattemberg, who was one of spain's 'saddest' princesses. however, all these words were said with complicity.
maybe they can one day become good friends....
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-12-2004, 05:04 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Crown prince Felipe and Dona Letizia visited the Atocha railway station to honour the victims of the Madrid terrorist attacks exactly two months ago. 11.05.04

Prince Felipe and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz visit “Ciudad de Valencia” school where six children became orphans after the March 11 terrorist attacks on Atocha Railway Station.,

Old 05-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by samitude@May 11th, 2004 - 6:31 pm
Well, I suppose they were reacting to the crowd's reaction. If the crowd is yelling and cheering them on then it would look odd for them to have solemn faces. On the other hand if the people are all mourning and crying like they would have been at the funeral then it would be appropriate to be solemn.
Definitly was a reaction to the crowd. I saw images on tv and people were totaly crazy, calling their names, cheering them, waiting for give some gifts to them (flowers, candies, ect), to ask for an authograph. Of course that they smile and went salute the public The joke of the day was that they needed to leave the station because was too much people there and the trains traffic needed to start :P. Even an american gospel group that is in Spain went to the station to dedicate a song to the royal couple (the were on of the station stairs and when Felipe and Letizia passed by they started to sing), was realy a cute moment :flower: .
Old 05-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by xicamaluca@May 12th, 2004 - 6:01 am
During to visit to the "Ciudad de valencia" Public School
Visita al Colegio Público "Ciudad de Valencia" . (Santa Eugenia. Madrid, 11 de mayo de 2004)
http://www.casareal.es/casareal/images/vic11m02g.jpg
I don't know if I would like people just reaching out through the crowd and touching me the way this woman here is touching Letizia's cheek. I know she/they probably mean well, but some personal space would be appreciated ... (I guess this is among the many reasons why I could not be a princess! )
Old 05-12-2004, 10:28 AM
Majesty

wasn't letizia's jacket similar to the one that pia haraldsen wore the day of maud angelica's cristening? at least the sime type of cloth...
Old 05-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by carlota@May 12th, 2004 - 9:28 am
wasn't letizia's jacket similar to the one that pia haraldsen wore the day of maud angelica's cristening? at least the sime type of cloth...
Tweed jackets with the frayed edges or grosgrain ribbon is very popular right now. I don't remember Pia's jacket at Maud Angelica's christening, but it is not surprising that Letizia has this jacket now. Everyone is wearing them these days!
Old 05-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Majesty

apparently it was more than i thought. and apparently not a very elegant attitude from letizia.........

(about yesterday's post) peñafiel and letizia, face to face

translation at freetranslation.com

Letizia reprende en público a un conocido columnista real

El reclamo se produjo durante un cóctel en honor del príncipe Felipe. Entredichos.

El periodista Jaime Peñafiel, en su columna del diario “El Mundo” habló de la altura de la futura reina y dijo que debe esforzarse por controlar su carácter.

MADRID.- “Mírame a los ojos, tú crees que estoy triste”, le dijo en forma tajante Letizia de Ortiz al conocido cronista real Jaime Peñafiel, durante el cóctel en honor del Príncipe de Asturias y su prometida luego de que le entregaron la Medalla de Honor de la Capital en el Ayuntamiento de Madrid. El motivo: una columna de Peñafiel en “El Mundo”, en la que habría conminado a la que un día será reina de España a “sonreír, sonreír y sonreír y a esforzarse por controlar su carácter”.
“Esfuérzate, Letizia -habría escrito Peñafiel-, no sólo para controlar tu carácter, sino para que no se produzca en ti esa terrible dualidad que posees: una sonrisa expansiva y espontánea, por un lado, como gélida es la expresión cuando se produce la repentina desaparición de esta sonrisa, por otro”.

Tensa conversación
“Yo no he dicho nunca que estés triste”, afirmó Peñafiel en su tensa conversación con la futura princesa de Asturias, a quien, acto seguido, recitó unos versos de Gutierre de Cetina: “Ojos claros, dulces y serenos, ya que miráis, no me miréis airados”. La reacción de Letizia fue inmediata: “yo no estoy airada”, enfatizó. “Pero estás enfadada”, puntualizó Peñafiel. “No estoy enfadada”, replicó ella. “Pero me estás regañando”, contestó él. No obstante, la cosa no quedó ahí, porque la prometida del príncipe tampoco tuvo pelos en la lengua a la hora de reprochar a su “azote mediático” un comentario en su columna sobre la diferencia de estatura entre ella y el que será su esposo. “Dicen que mides 1,68 y que, por culpa de esta estatura, te verás obligada, toda tu vida o mientras dure tu matrimonio, a llevar zapatos con tacones de ocho centímetros para arriba. Incluso de 15, por aquello de intentar acortar la descompensada estatura que te separa de los 1,97 de tu prometido”, había escrito Peñafiel. “Eso no es cierto”, le replicó Letizia, al tiempo que levantaba la pierna para mostrarle los tacones que llevaba en ese momento.

Otro dardo
La novia del príncipe, haciendo gala de su condición de ex periodista, lanzó otro dardo al columnista: “deberías llamar a la Casa Real para confirmar la información”, le dijo. La reprimenda de Letizia llamó la atención en España, porque se sale del protocolo habitual que no hace comentarios sobre lo publicado por la prensa.
Por su parte Peñafiel escribió en “El Mundo”, luego del entredicho: “lo peor que le puede ocurrir a un periodista es que se interpreten mal sus comentarios. O que, a pesar de su buena fe, no acierte con lo que dice”. (Dpa y Especial)
Old 05-12-2004, 10:38 AM
Courtier

I like the rear-view shot of how Letizia's hair is pulled back into a ponytail. She looks a little strained and nervous, though under the cirucumstances I guess that is to be expected. Also I'm sure she has a lot to think about with the wedding preparations.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:43 AM
Courtier

Spanish Prince Felipe (L) and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz smile pon their arrival at a buffet offered by the president of the Spanish independent community (poor Madrilenians) Esperanza Aguirre, 12 May 2004 in Madrid.

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia

Felipe & Letizia
Old 05-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Courtier

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his finance Letizia Ortiz, right, make a toast with the President of the autonomous government of Madrid, Esperanza Aguirre, before having lunch with members of the local government in Madrid Wednesday May 12, 2004. The couple are to be married May 22.

Felipe & Letizia
Old 05-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe signs a guest book as his finance Letizia Ortiz looks on during their visit to the autonomous government of Madrid headquarters in Madrid Wednesday May 12, 2004. The couple are to be married May 22.

Felipe & Letizia
Old 05-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

She looks so much better with the softer hair.