Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz: Events During Their Engagement Period

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One photo of 3 February in the Cumbre Iberoamericana, with Enrique Iglesias.

Su Alteza Real el Príncipe de Asturias y su prometida, Doña Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano, con el Presidente del Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo (BID), Enrique Iglesias, que pronunció la conferencia "Un paradigma económico para Iberoamérica" en la sede del ICADE en Madrid. Esta actividad está encuadrada dentro de las actividades del Club Georgetown, del que Don Felipe es Presidente de Honor, y cuyos miembros son antiguos alumnos de esa Universidad estadounidense, donde el Príncipe cursó un máster sobre Relaciones Internacionales. Tras la conferencia, el Príncipe y su prometida departieron con los académicos de la Universidad Pontificia de Comillas, a la que pertenece el ICADE, y con el Presidente del BID, con quien Don Felipe ya mantuvo una jornada de trabajo el pasado mes de octubre en la sede central del organismo económico en Washington.
(Madrid, 3 de febrero de 2004)

(How do you post an image? :huh: )

Thanks Lucys for those lovely pics :flower:
hey look so good together, so in love. I just love the way they walk arm in arm...get all misty looking at them :heart:

I find it so unfortunate that the recent terrorist acts in Madrid have put a serious damper on Felipe and Letizia's wedding celebrations. I saw pictures of Letizia at the memorial service. She looked so fragile; she had worry all over her face. She even looks like she lost a lot of weight dealing with this ordeal. I read that some insiders say that she didn't take the tragedy too well at all, crying after visiting victims and smelling and seeing blood. Felipe and Letizia decided to cancel their pre-wedding celebrations. I hope things look much brighter for them by May 22.

The Royal couple will stay some minutes praying and then they kissed the feet of Christ as tradition says. To complete the devotion, Prince Felipe and his fiancee make three requests to Jesus Christ, it is said he grants one of them. More than 500.000 faithful flock the church which will stay open until 2.30a.m on Saturday morning so that all of them can kiss the Christ’s feet. 03/05/2004. Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz attended the Jesus de Medinacelli church to show their worship to Jesus de Medinacelli Christ on the first Friday of Lent

Contrary to popular opinion, I think that they make a nice couple. They always looks so sweet together. I think that they really must balance each other out. I like Letizia. I have a growing fondess for her. I'm excited for the wedding. I think that it is a real shame that many of the wedding events have been canceled. I wonder how they are going to handle security for the event. I'm sure the city will be on edge. What a shame.

Crown Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz, front right, listen to a conference on the constitution by professor of history Guillermo Cespedes in Madrid Tuesday March 9 2004.

Could she dress more conservatively? She reminds me of Princess Masako after she got engaged.

Originally posted by Gabriella@Mar 28th, 2004 - 11:20 pm
Contrary to popular opinion, I think that they make a nice couple. They always looks so sweet together. I think that they really must balance each other out. I like Letizia. I have a growing fondess for her. I'm excited for the wedding. I think that it is a real shame that many of the wedding events have been canceled. I wonder how they are going to handle security for the event. I'm sure the city will be on edge. What a shame.
I agree. They make a lovely couple. They give off an air of understanding, solidarity and unity between them, and not just under happy occassions. I'm confident they will serve Spain well. I like Letizia more and more and under a real test these last two weeks, I think she has displayed the grace and compassion required to fill the role of Princess of Asturias and future Queen.

Felipe and Letizia leaving the ceremony

Letizia after the ceremony

Prince Charles greets Letizia after the ceremony

Originally posted by Bubbette@Mar 29th, 2004 - 10:11 am
Could she dress more conservatively? She reminds me of Princess Masako after she got engaged.
Masako is the Crown Princess of a very conservative and ultra-traditional imperial family, which probably explains her choice of suits.

I think many of the clothes Letizia wears now when attending functions with Felipe are clothes from her journalism days, when conservative and professional clothes were part of her job. I don't find too much of a problem with Letizia's clothes; I think they are appropriate for her royal duties. When you look at the other princesses such as Mathilde and Alexandra, their suits are very much like the kind Letizia wears. Or the clothes Letizia wears are the clothes she feels comfortable in.

I would certainly rather a princess who covered herself up a bit too much than one who exposed her bare belly or skirts that were too short. :unsure:

I like her clothing as well. It is very simple and elegant, but not fussy. Conservative, but not school mormish. She's tailored, but still looks young. It reminds a bit of Mette-Marit's style which is very tailored with simple lines. However, Letizia wears a bit more color than MM at times.

Has anyone heard any news about the upcoming wedding? I know I'd heard that she's tried on her dress, but, that's about it.

Originally posted by Fireweaver@Apr 4th, 2004 - 12:30 am
Has anyone heard any news about the upcoming wedding? I know I'd heard that she's tried on her dress, but, that's about it.

The wedding invitations have also been sent out. I posted them in the Spanish Wedding thread in Something New.

Crown Prince wedding in Spain

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz, right, arrive with Spain's Queen Sofia and her grandson Felipe Juan Froilan at the cathedral in Palma de Mallorca, Spain, Sunday April 11, 2004 for a mass to commemorate the victims of the March 11 train bombings. A routine security check at Miami International airport last Thursday turned into a diplomatic flap when the Crown Prince and his fiancee had to pass through security screening at the airport.

Queen Sofia & Froilan & Felipe & Letizia

Letizia & Felipe

:flower:

I don't like the jacket or the shoes and it doesn't make the skirt ( which I like). But I would wear the samething ,because I 'm bad when it comes to matching, only when it's the same color. And I think Albert has a girlfriend we don't know about.

Letizia and Felipe delight well-wishers in Majorca

12 APRIL 2004
With just six weeks to go before her wedding day, Letizia Ortiz has now experienced her first Easter alongside Crown Prince Felipe and the rest of the Spanish royals at Palma de Majorca, where the family traditionally spends the break.

The former newscaster, usually seen in elegant trouser ensembles, chose a floaty skirt topped with a neat jacket for the Easter Sunday Mass, which the king and queen attended with their three children and four grandchildren.

Letizia, 31, and Felipe, 36, had just returned from Miami, where they were frisked at the airport – a breach of protocol which has ruffled diplomatic feathers and may trigger an official complaint from Spanish authorities.

The future king and his bride-to-be, showed no signs of irritation over the incident, and paid no attention to any jetlag they may have been feeling while they delighted the Palma crowds with their appearance.

Cinema-goers at a local multiplex were thrilled by the couple's first engagement on reaching Palma - they went to see a film with Felipe's sister, the Infanta Cristina, and her two young children.

The couple are to wed in Madrid's Almudena Cathedral on May 22. Security is expected to be extra tight for the event in the wake of the March 11 bombings in the city which killed nearly 200 people.

Is it just me or is Letizia looking very haggard lately? She's lost a lot of weight and it's showing on her face. She looks like someone in their early 40's not 30's. The pictures from her reading the news on TVE are so much nicer. She looked so young and vibrant. The pressure must be terrible. I don't envy her one bit. I must say her recent outfit to the Easter service was quite nice. I liked the skirt but it could have been a bit longer, over her knees. She doesn't have great legs like Princess Alexandra for example.

Preparations for Felipe and Letizia's wedding

Is Queen Elizabeth coming to the spainish wedding?

Originally posted by karolinabraganza@Apr 19th, 2004 - 2:52 pm
i agree, but hola normally would not post photomontages of the royals...
is it some kind of see through polo she got on... we need a better picture from that event

Back
Top Bottom