Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz: Events During Their Engagement Period

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
letizia-1a.jpg

from hellomagazine.com

Night at Opera for Spanish Royals and Letizia Ortiz
29 JANUARY 2004

Crown Prince Felipe's fiancée, Letizia Ortiz, seemed to be getting on swimmingly with her future mother-in-law during a night out in Madrid.

The former newsreader was accompanied by her husband-to-be and Queen Sofia when she stepped out for a new production of Tosca. The three were pictured smiling and laughing together as they arrived for the performance in the city's Royal Opera House.

Letizia, who used to present the main evening news programme on Spanish television, has become something of a national obsession since her engagement to the future king was announced. Already "Letty" confectionery has filled the shelves of Spanish shops and the 31-year-old's every movement is eagerly followed by the press.

The anticipation will reach its climax on May 22, when the happy couple make their vows in Madrid's spectacular Almudena Cathedral. By coincidence Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik will also marry his betrothed, Australian Mary Donaldson, just a few days earlier in Copenhagen. There will be more festivities for the Spanish couple as the celebrate Felipe's 36th birthday on Friday.

Attachments

• let1
    27.9 KB · Views: 131
splendid pictures! thanks to those who posted it.

I am just so joyous this time for the SRF and Letizia. They seem to get along even better compared to the past months of them together in attending plays or doing something. It's like Queen Sofia and Letizia are best buds. They are so comfortable with each other.

What strucked me most was that their relationship was even stronger and better despite all the negative reports coming out about Letizia especially the painting which became a heated topic. They royal family really cares for her and they respect what had been her decisions in the past. It's like the saying "let the bygones be bygones."

Letizia looks good in black and suits especially pants are already her trademark. I love it though because it makes her look taller and more formal. She is very beautiful on that night they attended the opera. She looks very gorgeous if she wears light make-up or what we call as barely there make-up. She has rosy cheeks and she looks good over-all.

One more photo fom the opera. I think Letizia looks particularly lovely in this one. By the way, the earrings she is wearing--and that she very often wears--are rumored to be the first gift he gave her. Aw!

Felipe and Letizia

I really like Letizia's hair pulled up and back like this. I do hope that she'll wear it more often like this.

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 8th, 2003 - 1:58 pm
I apologize to all fans of Sofia. I'm sorry.
No apologies needed, Dennism. You have the right to express your opinions, whether this board / forum likes it or not and I agree with most of your "observations". Her "journalistic background" is a "plus" in my mind because she probably knows "the ropes" and will be able to side-step a lot of land mines. In these photos, she is "way dressed down", i.e. like the drab color of her ensemble, no demonstrable big jewelry pieces, and her makeup is minimal ... and, the act of "building" a suitable background is carried out, ( i.e. Diana, Princess of Wales, Mette-Marit of Norway, etc. ) is just "part of the job" ! It comes with the territory. Full stop. :woot:

There's just one thing which bothers me about all of this ~ and, that is Letizia possibly turning into a "Crown Princess Marie - Chantal" ~ (Remember! I said "possibly"!! ) I sincerely hope she won't become a "hoity toity" snob, insisting that everyone address her as "Crown Princess Letizia of Spain". That's a real "turn off". :rolleyes:

Elizajane

Originally posted by Elizajane+Jan 31st, 2004 - 7:47 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elizajane @ Jan 31st, 2004 - 7:47 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@Dec 8th, 2003 - 1:58 pm
I apologize to all fans of Sofia. I'm sorry.
No apologies needed, Dennism. You have the right to express your opinions, whether this board / forum likes it or not and I agree with most of your "observations". Her "journalistic background" is a "plus" in my mind because she probably knows "the ropes" and will be able to side-step a lot of land mines. In these photos, she is "way dressed down", i.e. like the drab color of her ensemble, no demonstrable big jewelry pieces, and her makeup is minimal ... and, the act of "building" a suitable background is carried out, ( i.e. Diana, Princess of Wales, Mette-Marit of Norway, etc. ) is just "part of the job" ! It comes with the territory. Full stop. :woot:

There's just one thing which bothers me about all of this ~ and, that is Letizia possibly turning into a "Crown Princess Marie - Chantal" ~ (Remember! I said "possibly"!! ) I sincerely hope she won't become a "hoity toity" snob, insisting that everyone address her as "Crown Princess Letizia of Spain". That's a real "turn off". :rolleyes:

Elizajane [/b][/quote]
Well, I was just apologizing because of what I had previously said about Sofia. Something I will never understand. Anyway, I do wish them the best of luck.

Wasn't Mary seen wearing a coat similar to Letizia's in white?

Maybe it's the jacket for Crown Princesses to be! Every new one gets this jacket in a different colour!

Originally posted by Alexandria@Feb 3rd, 2004 - 11:03 pm
Maybe it's the jacket for Crown Princesses to be! Every new one gets this jacket in a different colour!
Yes, when you join the club, you get a jacket. .

Can you imagine learning to ski in front of an audience like that? That last picture of Letizia is adorable.

I must say that I like this couple more and more every time I see them together. They're so natural.

The Royal couple are staying next to King JuanCarlos, Queen Sofía, Infanta Elena, Infanta Cristina and their husbands. The wax sculptures are dressed as in the official engagement celebrated last November 6th. 02/05/2004. Prince Felipe and his fiancee Letizia Ortiz have been inmortalized at Wax Museum.

Felipe & Letizia

Prince Felipe and his girlfriend, Letizia Ortiz, were last weekend in Baqueira practising ski, one of the Prince Felipe favourite sport. The couple arrived on Friday night to the house that the Spanish Royal Family has in Baqueira and on Saturday at first hours in the morning they are skiing with their brother-in-law, I–aki Urdangarin. Letizia was very smiling and met all the people that congratulate her for the marriage, that will be next 22 May. Prince Felipe and Letizia were skiing all the morning and at the afternoon they had lunch in the restaurant with I–aki Urdangarin and some friends, before return home. After, they went to dinner in Casa Irene, a famous restaurant in the little village of Art’es that is the favourite of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia. At midnight, when they leave the restaurant, there are a lot of people in the street that wanted to know the future Spanish King and Queen.

Together

Letizia

Together

Getting ready

Surveying the scene

Each time I saw a photo of this lovely couple I found happiness that glows from it simply contagious. It seems so genuine and natural. All the best to both of them. :flower:

:winkiss: :king: :ROFLMAO: :graduate: :clap: :zorro: :innocent: :w00t: :stuart: :wizard:

Last edited by a moderator:
First, Bubette, yes she dresses on the conservative side. It's something else she has in common with Felipe--they both dress on the conservative side of fashionable. From my experience that's typical of Spain, either they are outlandish beyond belief or rather conservative in attire. In any case, here are some VERY charming photos of the two lovebirds:

First, sophisticated Letizia

Felipe and Letizia 1

A Laugh

Felipe and Letizia 2

Felipe and Letizia 3

Felipe and Letizia 4

Felipe and Letizia 5

Felipe and Letizia 6

Felipe and Letizia 7

Integrating with the father-in-law

I admit it, these two turn me to mush!

More photos from the Gallery can be found

here

The Crownprince and his fiancee went out for dinner to the famous restaurant Zalacain. Asked about the present she had received for Saint Valentines, Letizia Ortiz looked at Prince Felipe and they started laughing. The present was kept as a secret. 02/13/2004. Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano celebrated Saint Valentines Day with one day of advance. © Europa Press / Gamma 752718

Out to dinner

Out to dinner 2

Lovely shoes...excellent choice!...:)

Back
Top Bottom