Prince & Princess of Asturias's Official Visit to the USA: October 4-8, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So micas, did you like the outfit or not? Ha ha. I also found it particularly splendid and extraordinarily elegant.

At list one time we all agrea that Letizia look explendid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is a complet Harmoni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:p ;) :D :eek: :) :rolleyes: :cool:

They ended their trip to the USA today with a visit to the Instituto Cervantes in midtown Manhatten:
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041008/i/r2356194567.jpg
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041008/i/r3477700994.jpg
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041008/i/r2246444200.jpg

Next week they have two events that I am aware of. The annual National Day Parade on Tuesday the 12th and I think wednesday they attend the closing day of a very academic but very interesting endevour--the creation of a universal spanish dictionary of "linguistic doubts" for the spanish speaking world. I had actually heard about this before and from a linguistic and language continuity stand point it is a very fascinating endevour.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I didn't find this gala out fit to be one of Letizia's best. The skirt was fantastic, very classic yet bold at the same time! But the shirt just struck me as wrong. It looked a little big for her, as it looked as though it "poofed" out around her upper body. Also I'm not a big fan of the wrap around look...

I will say it wasn't a horrible outfit, and it came together quite well on Letizia, but it just wasn't one of my favorites...

I can't wait to see a new tiara!

I think this is her worst outfit for an evening wear. The two pieces don't compliment each other, and the skirt is just so busy.I think the outfit would have looked alot nicer if the skirt was paired with a simple black blouse. Her make-up was really nice, but she could have done something with her hair for the evening.

Also the pink suede coat looked much better the first time she wore it. This time there were too many colors... gray& white, burgundy,and pink.

Alisa said:
and the skirt is just so busy.
I could not disagree more. That skirt is gorgeous, and the way it harkens back to one of the most emblematic of Spanish garments is wonderful. I love the fact that in her formal wear she so frequently wears clothing that is so very Spanish, picking up on traditions but still modern and sleak. I think that's wonderful.

Alisa said:
I think this is her worst outfit for an evening wear. The two pieces don't compliment each other, and the skirt is just so busy.I think the outfit would have looked alot nicer if the skirt was paired with a simple black blouse. Her make-up was really nice, but she could have done something with her hair for the evening.
I don't know how more simple Letizia's blouse could've been without it becoming a blouse you wear under a suit. The choice of blouse is what made the entire outfit evening wear rather than just a very fancy skirt for daytime.

I think Letizia looked really dazzling in this outfit -- certainly not her worst evening wear outfit. In fact, I was looking the pictures at my office and one of the fashion editors walking by actually stopped and asked me who she was and who the skirt was by.

I, too, noticed the Spanish-influence of the skirt and really appreciate that she's taken such care and consideration into representing Spanish designers or bringing Spanish influence to her clothes in her trips abroad.

I personally loved the skirt and when I saw the picture I was ready to comment that I found the blouse (though beautiful) to bulky for the skirt. Then I read all the other comments and I see others agree with me. However, I do have to say that I love the Spanish flair of the skirt.

OLE!

Alisa I agree with you on the pink coat outfit. There were too many colors. Had she worn a matching grey top or perhaps black slacks it might have made the pink stand out more, but as it was the colors were all fighting with each other to be the "noticed" portion of the out fit. Overall I would say this hasn't been Letizia's best trip fashion wise. I haven't been to keen on many of the outfits. I don't think any have been horrendous, but non have been her best either!

Alexandria said:
I don't know how more simple Letizia's blouse could've been without it becoming a blouse you wear under a suit. The choice of blouse is what made the entire outfit evening wear rather than just a very fancy skirt for daytime.
No, not an blouse worn under the suit but a simply cut black blouse that would focus the attention on the skirt.

Now that suit she last wore I like! The white really suits her and makes her stand out so much more. However there is something about the gala outfit that I didn't like. I loved the skirt, I think the skirt is so exquisite, but I didn't really think the top went with the skirt. I think the top made the outfit altogether too bulky and it looked like it was dragging her down. But I have to say I am absolutely in love with the skirt!

From ABACA

Visit to the Instituto Cervantes in New York - 10-08-2004

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 631
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 289
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 258
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 536
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 485
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 186
More from the visit

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 414
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 516
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 190
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 167
Clothing aside, all the articles I have read have given her rave reviews. Discussing how she continually demonstrated her intelligence, her knowledge, her discretion while still being actively partcipating in all discussion, her awareness of all that was around her and the topics on hand. She also was said to have charmed and impressed universally. Finally, the trip apparently made clear the excellent working team Felipe and letizia make up.

See: www.lavanguardia.es or www.abc.es

That they remain like that forever. Thanks for the pics and information!

The light colour of green looks really good on Letizia. Even better (a crisper look) with the white suit.

Many people say that her style is very professional looking, boring and safe. But I think that where Letizia's style really shines through is through her choice of evening wear. Consider the embroidered top at the theatre night for Frederik and Mary's wedding then the '30s inspired red dress and hairdo for the wedding itself, the long great Spain-style skirt in NYC, the red and black outfit worn to Beltran and Laura Ponte's wedding, the silver dress worn to her pre-wedding dinner, the light blue evening gown recently and before that the red satin one. All very different in style and cut and each with a 'personality' of their own.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 252
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 258
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
The other I hadn't posted

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 425
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 782
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 581
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 475
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 799
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 541
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 475
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 485
I belive this are new.............

Attachments

• A.JPG
    A.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 447
  • B.JPG
    B.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 218
  • C.JPG
    C.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 239
  • D.JPG
    D.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 256
  • F.JPG
    F.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 222
  • G.JPG
    G.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 197
  • H.JPG
    H.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:
Did I mention I love this suit? It's definately her best outfit during this USA trip. I guess she saved the best for last! Looking great!

I love this suit as well...white really looks good on her. But I believe this wasn't the last day of the trip, because this is on the day of the gala or before. Don't we have the same suit on the previous page of this thread.
I also like the jeans and leather jacket she wore for a visit to the garden. Its nice to see her in a casual clothes once in a while...

From Hello Magazine...
www.hellomagazine.com
Whether wearing jeans and a casual jacket, as she visited her husband's American alma mater, or a stunning designer gown for a New York gala, Princess Letizia of Spain continued to show she's one of the most fashionable royals on the map during a five-day visit to the United States.

The tour alongside her husband, Crown Prince Felipe, saw the couple visit not only the Big Apple, but also New Mexico and Washington, DC.

While in the US capital, Felipe and and a jeans-clad Letizia toured the campus of Georgetown University, where the prince earned a graduate degree in international relations. In New Mexico, where the prince said he felt "right at home", the two attended the groundbreaking of the National Hispanic Cultural Center in Albuquerque and dined with the southwestern state's governor, Bill Richardson, at his home near Santa Fe.

While Letizia certainly stood out at the governor's gala, looking picture perfect in a black lace cocktail dress, she truly left her mark at a New York celebration later in the week. There, she turned heads in a white silk blouse and Spanish-style embroidered skirt, both created by her preferred designer, Lorenzo Caprile.

IML

ANA ISABEL MIRALLES AND PEDRO PARDO , DESIGNERS OF COMPANY <PARMICUENCA>, A FAMOUS FACTORY OF JEANS TROUSERS IN SPAIN, TALK ABOUT THE MADE-TO-MEASURE PAIRS OF TROUSERS, WHICH USUSALLY ARE MADE IN THEIR FACTORY FOR SPANISH PRINCES OF ASTURIAS, PRINCE FELIPE AND PRINCESS LETIZIA, VERY FOND OF THEIR MADE -TO MEASURE-DESIGNS." When I asked for her measurements Dona Letizia was very surprised " " The Princes have singular measurements " " Dona Letizia commented to me on the difficulty of finding trousers for Prince Felipe, because they have a special length . The trousers were used in the US visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom