The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince & Princess of Asturias's Official Visit to Poland; May 6-8, 2008

Los Príncipes de Asturias visitarán oficialmente Polonia en mayo

The Princes of Asturias will visit officially Poland in May

The Princes of Asturias have foreseen to realize an official visit to Poland from May 6 to May 8, according to a communiqué spread today by the State Department.

Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will realize a program with activities related to the political, economic and cultural area, since it is habitual in the official trips to other countries.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Nobility

Does this "Official visit" mean that they will have a departure ceremony in Spain and official welcome in Poland by the President?

Old 04-23-2008, 06:00 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Vanitatis.com - Los Príncipes de Asturias reactivan sus viajes al exterior

Some more details about the trip although in Spanish.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Royal Highness

OMG they come to Poland
Great news !
Old 04-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Gentry

OMG, I can't believe they'll come to Poland!!! It's a such pity that I won't be able to be in Warsaw or in Gdańsk! I hope that at least one or two newspapers will write about it. When Princess Maxima and Prince Willem came to Poland, I didn't know about it at all. There were no infos. I hope this time will be better
Old 04-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouvelle View Post
OMG, I can't believe they'll come to Poland!!! It's a such pity that I won't be able to be in Warsaw or in Gdańsk! I hope that at least one or two newspapers will write about it. When Princess Maxima and Prince Willem came to Poland, I didn't know about it at all. There were no infos. I hope this time will be better
But we can be sure that ours tabloids will publish photos....
Old 04-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hola!/DOÑA LETIZIA EMPRENDERÁ SU VUELO EN SOLITARIO COMO PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS EN UN PAÍS EXTRANJERO
Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Serene Highness

She will have her own agenda in Poland That's great news!!! I'm sure she'll do a great job!
Old 05-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Nobility

"While Prince meets with the chairman Senate and assists the luncheon to be offered in his honor, Princess of Asturias will begin to make their way in Poland, towards the role that one day she will assume, knowing the Institute of "Mother and the son "(hospital scientist in the research field of maternal and child health) and the Wilanow Palace Museum.

Two acts that Letizia closed cease attending the luncheon later that the president's wife, Maria Kaczynska, offered in her honor at a restaurant in the capital"
Old 05-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

ABC.es: nacional - nacional - La Princesa de Asturias desarrollará en Polonia su primera agenda en solitario en viaje oficial

The Princess of Asturias will develop in Poland her first agenda in solitarily in official trip

The Princess of Asturias will have an agenda in solitarily as the first time in an official trip to another country and will be when next week visits Poland together with the Prince.

In Warsaw, Dona Letizia will visit the institute specializing in the mother - infantile investigation and the Palace Wilanow, which entrusted constructed in the middle of the 17th century the king Juan III Sobieski for his summer residence and which shelters the Museum of the Posters.

She will finish her agenda with a luncheon that there offers her Maria Kaczynska, the wife of the Polish president.

Simultaneously, the Prince will meet the presidents of the Lower house and of the Senate, beside having lunch with the prime minister Donald Tusk.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Moderator Emeritus

There is any program of the visit?
Old 05-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
There is any program of the visit?
In the web of the Royal House they have not put it yet. But this news can give an idea of the activities.

Los Príncipes de Asturias viajan a Polonia para impulsar la inversión y la cultura española
DOÑA LETIZIA EMPRENDERÁ SU VUELO EN SOLITARIO COMO PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS EN UN PAÍS EXTRANJERO

WARSAW

MAY 6th

- Reception on the part of the President of the Republic, Lech Alexander Kaczynski and his wife, Maria, in the Presidential palace.
- Ceremony before the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- Receipt to the Spanish collectivity
- Gala dinner in the Presidential Palace

MAY 7th

- Managerial meeting Spain - Poland

- The Prince will meet the prime minister, Donald Tusk, beside visiting the Lower house and the Senate. Lunch with the Prime Minister.

- The Princess will visit a center of investigation of the mother - infantile health and to the Palace Museum Wilanow. She will be present at a lunch with Maria Kaczynska, the wife of the Polish president.

- Inauguration of the Institute Cervantes of Warsaw

GDANSK. MAY 8TH

- Floral offering before the Monument to the Fallen, in the shipyards, they will visit the Museum ' Ways of the Freedom ' and will have lunch with the mayor this city, Pawel Adamowicz
Old 05-06-2008, 09:07 AM
Nobility

I was wondering what time they will be arriving in Poland?

Are there any photos or reports of their arrival out yet?

Thank You
Old 05-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his wife Princess Letizia meet with Poland's President Lech Kaczynski and his wife Maria at the presidential courtyard in Warsaw

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

http://i31.tinypic.com/2a7dgxt.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/6y175f.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/n54os7.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/if3azo.jpg
Old 05-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Nobility

Thank you for the photos - I can never find any when I look
Old 05-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Many thanks for the pictures so far. That's an interesting visit as it's obviously important for business interests. At the same time, the Princes are not the Kings and will have to keep a good balance ...
Lech Kaczynski is one of the identical twins that used to be in power in Poland. He's still President whilst his brother Jaroslaw was voted off as Prime Minister last November. Two brothers, identical twins to boot, occupying the two most powerful positions in a country, doesn't happen too often I guess.

Letizia's suit is repeated for the 136th time I guess but I still like it. It's one of my favourites and very appropriate for the occasion. Looking forward to the gala dinner tonight. I wonder if it will be pompous or only on a cocktail dress level.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I can´t see your last tow photos lula
Old 05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
I can´t see your last tow photos lula
Here they are

http://i28.tinypic.com/21nlhxe.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/2zi0poz.jpg