Prince & Princess of Asturias's Official Visit to Poland: May 6-8, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tomorrow the Princess will have several activities with the First Lady, and on Thursday both will travel to Gdańsk
Thanks lula.
Pity that here's nothing about that on the site.

Honestly, there's a better way to recycle the clothes, I don't like at all the outfits she has wore so far on the visit and I like even less the shoes.

Where are those never-out-of-fashion suits and clothes from the first months after the marriage?, same for the shoes and purses.

Last edited:
There is something like Diplomacy Protocol - Etiquette.

Honestly, there's a better way to recycle the clothes, I don't like at all the outfits she has wore so far on the visit and I like even less the shoes.

Where are those never-out-of-fashion suits and clothes from the first months after the marriage?, same for the shoes and purses.

Her daytime outfit is fine with me. They went to leave flowers to the tomb of the unknown soldiers, perhaps that's the reason she didn't wear bright color clothes. The dinner outfit is a disappointment. If she didn't want to buy a new one, why didn't she recycle the 2004 PoA award outfit ? It seems that she doesn't have a hair dresser, the same as the trip to China. I guess Zarzuela is quite cheap, the only lady with a permanent hair dresser is the Queen.
The photographers from EFE are really 3rd rated, the Polish President's website has clearer and better pictures than theirs. I saw on TV everyone had a great time at the reception with the Spaniards in Poland, they didn't even manage to have a few decent pictures.

Last edited:
Pardon me?
RaniaRocks I just answer for your question
Where are those never-out-of-fashion suits and clothes from the first months after the marriage?
There is somthing like Diplomacy Protocol - Etiquette which said what can be wear president, queen, prince for what ocassion/meeting.
Who knows? Maybe she decided that she don't like them. Or they old-fashionated. Or maybe she waite for better weather. On last days there is sunny but windy.
same for the shoes and purses.
Fashion is changing not only clothes but shoes and purses too:flowers:

Last edited:
ABC.es: nacional - nacional - Los Príncipes viajan a Polonia con más de cincuenta empresas

The Princes have been accompanied by more than 50 Spanish businessmen interested in the substantial business opportunities offered by this country to become the first recipient of European funds, according to informed diplomatic sources.
Poland will host Eurocopa 2012, will have in the next five years 63,700 million euros from cohesion funds, which will go towards improving infrastructure and transport. Many Spanish companies have shown interest in participating in the modernization of this country and a delegation with more than 50 businessmen, headed by deputy chairman of CEOE, Juan Lazcano, have joined the official trip of Don Felipe and Dona Letizia, whose presence helps to open the door abroad.
It seems that the Brits already went ahead of the Spaniards. Charles and Camilla were in Poland before Felipe and Letizia :).

I am not all that unhappy about Letizia's clothes on this visit. I have seen her in better but after looking at the styles of other country's royals and their choice of apparel, she is fine. Seems that there is quite a protocol to follow outside of one's own country. I saw a book about it all once and will try and locate and scan some of the interesting bits.

I don't really have any complaints about Letizia's apparel either. I loved the coat from the dinner and I really like the ensemble she wore at the reception to the Spanish community.

It's kind of amazing to me that many expect so much of her. Especially when it comes to her hair. It never fails every visit they do the lack of funds for a hair stylist is mentioned! Oddly enough I don't recall the same criticism of Mathilde or Mette-Marit when they do trips such as these. Mathilde in my opinion really has an unexciting hairstyle, granted it works for her but certainly it is not fabulous. And M-M's is not that inspiring either, most of the time it just hangs down plainly. But when Letizia gets a rather simple 'do we expect so much! Go figure!

I don't really have any complaints about Letizia's apparel either. I loved the coat from the dinner and I really like the ensemble she wore at the reception to the Spanish community.

It's kind of amazing to me that many expect so much of her. Especially when it comes to her hair. It never fails every visit they do the lack of funds for a hair stylist is mentioned! Oddly enough I don't recall the same criticism of Mathilde or Mette-Marit when they do trips such as these. Mathilde in my opinion really has an unexciting hairstyle, granted it works for her but certainly it is not fabulous. And M-M's is not that inspiring either, most of the time it just hangs down plainly. But when Letizia gets a rather simple 'do we expect so much! Go figure!

yeah, you're right, but you know, we expect too much from her, because She is sooo BEAUTIFUL, she really can look far better than she really looks these days, she has done an amazing appereances, and now some times she is just toooooooooo conservative and it doesn't suit her at all, she has an increible body and face and she comes out and everybody is expecting that she looks her best and she lately doesn't, and I dare to say this because I really like princess Letizia and I want her to look beautiful (maybe I'm very demanding), but She has to take the best from her and it seems that she doesn't want.

Anyway I love her for being like she is, she dresses well for her position, but she can improve, no doubt about that.:flowers:

Exactly my thoughts. One could assume that Letizia's wardrobe only consists of 10 to 15 outfits, all recycled within weeks or even days. Same with the shoes. I honestly think that her closet caught fire and burned down at the end of 2006.

I've given up complaining about her do-it-yourself hairstyle, a shame she doesn't use her chance of a classy appearance at such an event. What a disappointment, she could do so much better!

Pss Letizia is certainly not the same as CP Mary but she has her own beauty, charm and grace. I admire her for her sense of dedication and love for her family and country. I feel her dress sense is more a projection of her earlier career - it's very down to earth and professional. I admire that she more than other royal ladies recycle her day outfits.

I think that recycle is good and good for the sapnish royal image but yes she could recycle a older suit and not this one that she was wore so little time ago! And to me it was a bit too mucht shinny (but that's my opinion about the nigth suit).

When I looked at the photos I had only one thing in mind- how smalll our president is... There's at least about 50 cm of difference between the height of prince Felipe and Kaczynski.... Even princess Letizia is higher than "Kaczor"....

When I looked at the photos I had only one thing in mind- how smalll our president is... There's at least about 50 cm of difference between the height of prince Felipe and Kaczynski.... Even princess Letizia is higher than "Kaczor"....

:lol::ROFLMAO:, how funny you are!:flowers:

Meeting Spain-Poland

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20080507/7224fbd8518a5g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20080507/7224fbd8518a5g.jpg

Pince Felipe during his meeting with a group of Polish deputies in Warsaw, Poland on Wednesday

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Pince Felipe and Polish Sejm Speaker Bronislaw Komorowski meeting in Warsaw

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk welcomes Crown Prince Felipe in Palace on the Water in Lazienki Park

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Belga Picture Gallery

BelgaPicture - Quick search

Last edited:
Paty, thanks so much for these lovely pictures. I love that Letizia is wearing this purple outfit again today, it looks very very nice on her! They've given her very nice flowers! She always looks wonderful around children! I don't know if it's just me, but on the category Meeting Spain-Poland, I get to see 3 the same pictures!
Felipe looks handsome as always!

I saw her on tv, and I think she was a bit nervous and very sweet with the children.

Last edited:
Again a recent recycle dress, to me not the best choice for a princess who one day is going to become a Queen. Again maybe a recycle dress yes but one that she hasn't wear for a long time. This could had stayed in the closet!! The colour is rigth but the flowers are really ugly!

VERY BEAUTIFUL AND ELEGANT.
AFFECTIONATE WITH THE CHILDREN.
:clap::clap::fireworks:

Back
Top Bottom