The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Serene Highness

I don't really have any complaints about Letizia's apparel either. I loved the coat from the dinner and I really like the ensemble she wore at the reception to the Spanish community.

It's kind of amazing to me that many expect so much of her. Especially when it comes to her hair. It never fails every visit they do the lack of funds for a hair stylist is mentioned! Oddly enough I don't recall the same criticism of Mathilde or Mette-Marit when they do trips such as these. Mathilde in my opinion really has an unexciting hairstyle, granted it works for her but certainly it is not fabulous. And M-M's is not that inspiring either, most of the time it just hangs down plainly. But when Letizia gets a rather simple 'do we expect so much! Go figure!

Old 05-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
I don't really have any complaints about Letizia's apparel either. I loved the coat from the dinner and I really like the ensemble she wore at the reception to the Spanish community.

It's kind of amazing to me that many expect so much of her. Especially when it comes to her hair. It never fails every visit they do the lack of funds for a hair stylist is mentioned! Oddly enough I don't recall the same criticism of Mathilde or Mette-Marit when they do trips such as these. Mathilde in my opinion really has an unexciting hairstyle, granted it works for her but certainly it is not fabulous. And M-M's is not that inspiring either, most of the time it just hangs down plainly. But when Letizia gets a rather simple 'do we expect so much! Go figure!
yeah, you're right, but you know, we expect too much from her, because She is sooo BEAUTIFUL, she really can look far better than she really looks these days, she has done an amazing appereances, and now some times she is just toooooooooo conservative and it doesn't suit her at all, she has an increible body and face and she comes out and everybody is expecting that she looks her best and she lately doesn't, and I dare to say this because I really like princess Letizia and I want her to look beautiful (maybe I'm very demanding), but She has to take the best from her and it seems that she doesn't want.

Anyway I love her for being like she is, she dresses well for her position, but she can improve, no doubt about that.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:28 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks Lula, and thanks to everyone for all the pictures, it's great Can't wait to see the ones from today I love the fact she's wearing this dress again during dinner, I liked it very much the last time I saw it! Can't believe how tall they both look next to the president and first lady
Old 05-07-2008, 04:07 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks View Post
Honestly, there's a better way to recycle the clothes, I don't like at all the outfits she has wore so far on the visit and I like even less the shoes.

Where are those never-out-of-fashion suits and clothes from the first months after the marriage?, same for the shoes and purses.
Exactly my thoughts. One could assume that Letizia's wardrobe only consists of 10 to 15 outfits, all recycled within weeks or even days. Same with the shoes. I honestly think that her closet caught fire and burned down at the end of 2006.

I've given up complaining about her do-it-yourself hairstyle, a shame she doesn't use her chance of a classy appearance at such an event. What a disappointment, she could do so much better!
Old 05-07-2008, 04:11 AM
Courtier

Pss Letizia is certainly not the same as CP Mary but she has her own beauty, charm and grace. I admire her for her sense of dedication and love for her family and country. I feel her dress sense is more a projection of her earlier career - it's very down to earth and professional. I admire that she more than other royal ladies recycle her day outfits.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:38 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Photos from yerterday by Medium Photo.

MediumPhoto
Old 05-07-2008, 05:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that recycle is good and good for the sapnish royal image but yes she could recycle a older suit and not this one that she was wore so little time ago! And to me it was a bit too mucht shinny (but that's my opinion about the nigth suit).
Old 05-07-2008, 05:32 AM
Courtier

When I looked at the photos I had only one thing in mind- how smalll our president is... There's at least about 50 cm of difference between the height of prince Felipe and Kaczynski.... Even princess Letizia is higher than "Kaczor"....
Old 05-07-2008, 06:37 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarat View Post
When I looked at the photos I had only one thing in mind- how smalll our president is... There's at least about 50 cm of difference between the height of prince Felipe and Kaczynski.... Even princess Letizia is higher than "Kaczor"....
, how funny you are!
Old 05-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Serene Highness

Article and pictures from Hola:
CENA DE GALA EN HONOR A LOS PRÍNCIPES DE ASTURIAS EN POLONIA
Galerías de imágenes
Lovely dress
Old 05-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

Another gallery from 20minutos with pictures from yesterday:
La princesa Letizia en Polonia - 20minutos.es
Old 05-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Meeting Spain-Poland

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...fbd8518a5g.jpg

Pince Felipe during his meeting with a group of Polish deputies in Warsaw, Poland on Wednesday

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Pince Felipe and Polish Sejm Speaker Bronislaw Komorowski meeting in Warsaw

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk welcomes Crown Prince Felipe in Palace on the Water in Lazienki Park

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Belga Picture Gallery

BelgaPicture - Quick search
Old 05-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Princess Letizia visit the center of investigation of the mother - infantile health "The Mother and the Son"

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...fbd8f7408g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...fbd8f5c2fg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...fbd91c101g.jpg
Old 05-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Serene Highness

Paty, thanks so much for these lovely pictures. I love that Letizia is wearing this purple outfit again today, it looks very very nice on her! They've given her very nice flowers! She always looks wonderful around children! I don't know if it's just me, but on the category Meeting Spain-Poland, I get to see 3 the same pictures!
Felipe looks handsome as always!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I saw her on tv, and I think she was a bit nervous and very sweet with the children.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Again a recent recycle dress, to me not the best choice for a princess who one day is going to become a Queen. Again maybe a recycle dress yes but one that she hasn't wear for a long time. This could had stayed in the closet!! The colour is rigth but the flowers are really ugly!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Gentry

VERY BEAUTIFUL AND ELEGANT.
AFFECTIONATE WITH THE CHILDREN.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Letizia visits the Palace Museum Wilanow

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img...fbd930a1ag.jpg
Old 05-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Video from yesterday

http://www.antena3noticias.com/Porta...timedia=803753