The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Nobility

does she keep the same dress at the forbidden city than at exhibition "Art and cavalry in Spain ?

Old 11-17-2007, 01:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilieweber2004 View Post
does she keep the same dress at the forbidden city than at exhibition "Art and cavalry in Spain ?
The exhibition is inside of the Forbidden City. So yes, she's wearing the same thing, just adding the coat outside.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:30 AM
Nobility

thanks highpriestess!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Nobility

That grey dress with the white turtle neck is plain awful, looks like a sort of religious school uniform.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

She was dressing nice till this point, the white turtleneck sweater with the grey dress is beyond my grasp
what an awful outfit, I thought it was nice when I saw the coat, but when she took that out, OMG
Old 11-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
She was dressing nice till this point, the white turtleneck sweater with the grey dress is beyond my grasp
what an awful outfit, I thought it was nice when I saw the coat, but when she took that out, OMG
I totally agre with you!
All the other outfits were nice, except a few details such as the brown stockings with the orange dress, or the the white shirt longer than the too casual leather jacket.
Anyways, she looked good. Also the grey suit looked nice.
But the last dress is awful IMO, while the coat is nice and elegant.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Majesty

the forbidden city! what an amazing spot to see the princes of asturias in. perhaps one of the most royal places ever!
letizia looked awesome with her new suit!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Courtier

I loved her coat, very chic and tailored that looks good on her but the grey dress made her look lumpy and like she had a big stomach when we allknow she is so slender in true life. I know it is cold in Beijing but she could look stylish too, although much of the haute couture this winter is very old fashioned and like a grandmother would wear
Old 11-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Courtier

I admire this coupls so much, really they must be the hardest working royals. they never stop, hardly a day off and always full working days. I like too that they are good with people in a natural way not over exaggerated especially with children like some other royals are. The princes seem so sincere
Old 11-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I beleived it was an economical and cultural trip, not a fashion one ! may be it would be interseting to know what the chinese people concerning by this visit has to think about Spain and the Princes of Asturias.

I had the feeling of the great competencies in diplomacia of the Prince of Asturias, for mr it's totally obvious that it's a field in which the Prince look very involved.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Courtier

yes you are right adelaide but you know how we all love to see what letizia wears and talk about it. he he!
Old 11-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Nobility

Every royal event has a meaning, very few of them are fashion related like in P. Mary's case since she's a fashion nest patron, however that dosn't stop us from talk about the clothes they are wearing in all the forums, in fact the vast majority of post are fashion related, if we are not allow to talk about clothes, accesories and so please enlight us.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

is Letizia a patron of any entity involved in this trip? has she given a speech? anything?

what else are we supposed to talk about then?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
is Letizia a patron of any entity involved in this trip? has she given a speech? anything?

Of course you are entitled to talk whatever you'd like to talk. It's always fun to discuss fashions of female royals, why not ?
Felipe isn't a patron of these organizations either. The Spanish royals seldomly add their names to the lists of patrons of various foundations, it doesn't mean the SRF don't support those foundations and did any less than some other royal houses in their countries.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

An article from abc
ABC.es: opinion - editorial - La visita de los Príncipes a China

Hopefully Chinese will start to like the ham from Spain .
Old 11-18-2007, 04:45 AM
Aristocracy

That's true that Felipe y Letizia have made a good work in China. For me they are like diplomats renforcing relationships beetween Spain and others countries.
In the article they speak about France. I'm French and that's true french people think Spain's economy is late in Europe. I think it's an old idea from Franco. Spain was a "dictature" and it's very difficult to understand a neighbour country is in this case while we were so free in France (after 1968'revolution).
Princes are here to show Spain is a modern country and has a lot of ressources. They are a modern couple and are a very good representation of the Monarchy.... For me the best one of all the monarchy : closed to people, modern, not spending so much money (for a Monarchy !!!)...
Old 11-18-2007, 05:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Why do they go to China? With whom do they go? Whom do they meet? Of that these activities consist? Which is the consequence of the same ones?

It is supposed that it is the topic of this forum, to speak about fashion there is an entire forum only on this topic. Between doing a commentary, and to turn the fahion into the principal topic of the forums of activities, there is a difference. The response of which as the Princess a speech does not do her presence does not have importance, or does not do anything, sense does not make. First because in the speeches of the Prince it does not seem either that there is interest, and second because though the Princess does in solitary acts, and she declares speechs... some of them continue speaking only of fashion, do not even import either the speech, or the act or the activities of the organization that rest. And it can be read constant in the forums of activities.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:13 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

I love the orange dress with coat.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:

i agree. as much as some of us would like to talk about something else (what did she say in her speech? did she do any activities concerning any of her interests as a royal? how did she perform her royal role with them? did she achieve something?), we didn't have much opportunity in this trip. she didn't either mention anything (well, in 90% of the times they attend they don't do so) to the press we can talk about and debate. that's why we concentrate on fashion and what she is wearing. it's really not our fault. it's the lack of substance that forces up to deepen in the more trivial aspects of the trip.

Quote:
i actually quite liked it! it's different to what we normally see in her and imo quite trendy.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-18-2007, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Please Carlota, when " there is substance " many people insist on speaking only about the clothes. Example any act in solitary and with speeches of the Princess. Precisely many of that have criticized that the Princess does not have acts in solitarily, are those who now when she does them devote themselves to criticize her clothes without giving the minimal attention to the content of these acts. Always looking for excuses.

The economy is bored, and the activities have not been not enterteining, not nice, not tender ... but in the economic aspect it has been an important trip, and in the politician also (the Princes have met in two visits the maximum representatives of the Chinese State). But it is the work of the Princes, to travel there, to be with the businessmen, to facilitate the signature of agreements ... and to eat ham. This trip had a function and a concrete aim, the support to the economy and the Spanish culture in China, and it is what they have done.