Prince and Princess of Asturias's Official Visit to China: November 14-16, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her outfit is nice. Her clothes looks all right. The problem is that she seems not at her ease in any Official Ceremony. She seems cold. I've never seen her as a cheerful person. He seems to be proud, but maybe it's only she is a little shy. :ermm:

Vanesa.

the both are wonderful in all the events. Thanks so much for the high qualitys!

Wonderful! I think they really are a team and do Spain proud.

Her outfit is nice. Her clothes looks all right. The problem is that she seems not at her ease in any Official Ceremony. She seems cold. I've never seen her as a cheerful person. He seems to be proud, but maybe it's only she is a little shy. :ermm:

Vanesa.

They are in China for business meetings, none of those events can be classified as cheerful events. I think it's good for Letizia to work as a team with Felipe instead of following traditional way of husband going to business meetings, wife touring kindergartens or historical marks :). Most of the Chinese officials are very stiff except for the Minister of Commerce, whose late father was one of the powerful men in China. He and Felipe seem old friends.
My biggest issue is still her hair. I don't like the look of hairs all over the face. Obviously the hair stylist didn't make the trip.

is it the same outfit that she wore the first day or it is just some other pics of the first day?

Thanks for the pics lula. The exhibiton looks very interesting. Great they have the chance to do something else than business meetings. The pictures outside look beautiful and impressive. Not sure about Letizia's outfit. In picture #4 she looks like five months pregnant.

Thanks for the new pictures. I think i like Letizias outfit.

Dissapointing that this trip didnt get much press attention. Its great to see Felipe & Letizia doing something other than attending meetings as Duke of M said. This somehow was fun to watch since we dont always see them on official abroad visit's. But imo, this could have been a bit more intresting trip if the press took it abit more seriously.
But, thanks everyone for the pictures.

Already I commented on it and I turn to saying it. This one is the second trip to China of the Princes in little more than one year, and is fundamentally economic. It is the year of Spain in China, the Kings have travelled, the Princes in two occasions and the whole government. It is normal that in this point another trip to China does not turn out to be so attractive for the press, because many journalists already have had to travel to China this year. For whom it is interesting is for the businessmen who want to invert there, and in this aspect there has been closed an agreement that was very important for Spain.

On the other hand, since Crisiñaki has said with the separation of the Dukes of Lugo and the Latin-American Summit, we are exceeded of royal information.

Duke a response to your commentary, if you follow habitually the trips of the Kings and the Princes you will see that the tourism is not in their priorities. Their visits are established, last an average of 3 days and are centred on concrete acts linked to the interests of Spain. They can make some visit of cultural type, or visit something typical of the place to which they travel ... but they never do travel of 5 or 6 days where the half of the activities they are more a tourism that official visits. Sometimes for the spectator it turns out to be boring, because the activities are not so attractive. In other Royal Houses they organize the trips with more activities of tourist type, but it depends on the organization on each one.

Duke a response to your commentary, if you follow habitually the trips of the Kings and the Princes you will see that the tourism is not in their priorities. Their visits are established, last an average of 3 days and are centred on concrete acts linked to the interests of Spain. They can make some visit of cultural type, or visit something typical of the place to which they travel ... but they never do travel of 5 or 6 days where the half of the activities they are more a tourism that official visits. Sometimes for the spectator it turns out to be boring, because the activities are not so attractive. In other Royal Houses they organize the trips with more activities of tourist type, but it depends on the organization on each one.

Thanks for explaining lula. I didn't mean to say that the emphasis should be on tourism but it's nice to see them at such events like this exhibition and it's a pity that there are not more events where China's culture is being linked to Spanish roots or interests. The outside pics are fab since they point at what people think of when reading that the Princes are in China and I don't believe they would do any harm, don't think anybody would accuse the Princes of going to China for tourist reasons :) Maybe the media coverage would have been more active if the Princes had included a major cultural highlight, eg the Forbidden City. Such a happening makes many nice pictures that sell better that pics taken at one of many business meetings.

It's obvious that the little coverage of the Princes 's China trip is too bad. What frivolous is the yellow press!

May be it will be better for an article to have pics of the Princes in front of the Forbidden City but that I have some difficulties to understand the little publicity mad around the cultural and economical mission of the Princes, as if it was not important for Spain that the relations between the country and China are less interesting than a traditionnal touristic vew on the scales of the Forbidden City....

There is a type of press for that the economic content is not priority because they look for more frivolous aspects, and this press is centred now on the Dukes of Lugo. But in the most serious press newspapers or television newscasts, the principal news of this trip is that the ham comes finally to China (it was something that was considered to be very important for the marketing of nourishing Spanish products on the Chinese market).

When the members of the royalty travel to certain countries the follow-up gives itself more for the means of their own country that as those of the country that they visit and we have more access to these means.

This trip they have less importance than the Trip of State of the Kings, 6 months ago or that of the Princes 1 year ago, so it is normal that follow-up has less on part of the Spanish press. Too many China in a little time. Assurance that when they travel to the India or Australia that they are more new there is more press.:lol:

Finally we have the shot so waiting: the princes in front the Forbidden City. The wether looks very cold.
The first plans of the Princess of Asturias show us that she is very relaxed and beautiful.
Whithout to look for any interpretation, the Princess of Astureias seems to have win some weights that it would be reassuring for those who are anxious for her health!

I saw the photos and read earlier posts. I was thinking: "What are you people complaining about? That WAS the Forbidden City!!" :rolleyes: Glad to see the caption set everyone straight.

I cringe to see Letizia's high heels though. The Forbidden City is HUGE. From the front gate to the first Ceremonial Hall (one of the three Throne Rooms) is more than a football field long. Let along the rest of it. Even though their cars can probably pull to the front gate - most tourists have to walk across the giganic Tienanman Square - it's not a walk in high heels.

This is the first time I hear a foreign exhibition is staged inside of the Forbidden City. China is certianly friendly toward Spain now. With the massy tourists visiting the Forbidden City everyday, attendance will be guaranteed. That's another thing I noticed from the photos: They cleared the whole Forbidden City for Felipe and Letizia! There are usually tens of thousands of tourists crowding in daily. Those photos do not show a single tourist from the gate to the court yard to the exhibition hall. That's the VIP treatment.

Felipe and Letizia's visit is covered by Chinese press. Here is an English article sent out by the Chinese wire service:

China's top political advisor meets Spanish crown prince_English_Xinhua

I don't like the fact that the Chinese official had to slip the bit about Taiwan into the conversation. It's way too political sensitive topic for Felipe to respond to.

I think some of the posters here lost perspective of media coverage (as I have pointed out in the thread about another crown prince couple's visit to New York earlier). For a visit abroad, it's much better if you get coverage by that foreign country's media than your own. The objective is to promote Spain in China, not vice versa. What's the point for Felipe and Letizia to get tons of coverage by Spanish media but not Chinese media? From the earlier photos and this article, it seems Chinese media is covering their visit. That's the goal. And it seems they met someone politically important enough to be covered by Chinese media.

The press has not covered much this trip of the princes to China but at the end we have seen enough pictures.
I love what Letizia wear today, i think that this kind of dresses suit a lot to thin women like her, isn´t it?.She should wear more often outfits like this.

http://i8.tinypic.com/8eu2mah.jpg

The press has not covered much this trip of the princes to China but at the end we have seen enough pictures.
I love what Letizia wear today, i think that this kind of dresses suit a lot to thin women like her, isn´t it?.She should wear more often outfits like this.

http://i8.tinypic.com/8eu2mah.jpg

I don't like this dress. The turtle neck with the sleeveless dress looks a bit too school girl uniform to me.

I love everything else she wore on this trip though, especially the orange dress on the first day and the brown suit on the day she arrived. Letizia should wear more wide-leg pants like the brown suit. She has very slender legs, which look great in jeans. But the fitted pants just don't look as good for suits. The wide-leg pants look so much better on her because she has the luxury a lot of women lack: She doesn't look fat in wide-leg pants.

Someone asked why there are so many rhinestones on dresses lately. It's this season's fashion just like the empire waist line. So are the bell shaped-sleeves, flare-out bottom for jackets and short cocktail dresses. Check out any fashion magazines or department stores near you. Varela just follows the fashion trend.

The audience with Jia QingLin was also on the people's daily, the largest newspaper in China. Compared to the last visit, which appeared on the cover of the people's daily, this visit was a lot low key.
I think the Chinese brought up Taiwan was due to Taiwan still maintaining the diplomatic ties with few countries in Latin America. I remember Letizia was sitting next to the Taiwanese President at the Presidential Inauguration in Panama, they had a chat and the Taiwanese President even invited her and Felipe to visit Taiwan.

¼ÖÇìÁÖ»á¼ûÎ÷°àÑÀÍõ´¢·ÑÀûÅå  --Öйú¹²²úµ³ÐÂÎÅ--Öйú¹²²úµ³ÐÂÎÅ-ÈËÃñÍø

Last edited:
The audience with Jia QingLin was also on the people's daily, the largest newspaper in China. Compared to the last visit, which appeared on the cover of the people's daily, this visit was a lot low key.
I think the Chinese brought up Taiwan was due to Taiwan still maintaining the diplomatic ties with few countries in Latin America. I remember Letizia was sitting next to the Taiwanese President at the Presidential Inauguration in Panama, they had a chat and the Taiwanese President even invited her and Felipe to visit Taiwan.

¼ÖÇìÁÖ»á¼ûÎ÷°àÑÀÍõ´¢·ÑÀûÅå**--Öйú¹²²úµ³ÐÂÎÅ--Öйú¹²²úµ³ÐÂÎÅ-ÈËÃñÍø

I'm very sorry but I have some dificulties to read the article above!....:D

Someone asked why there are so many rhinestones on dresses lately. It's this season's fashion just like the empire waist line. So are the bell shaped-sleeves, flare-out bottom for jackets and short cocktail dresses. Check out any fashion magazines or department stores near you. Varela just follows the fashion trend.
You are right, it is the season's fashion, but in my opinion that doesn't mean that everything that is on fashion always look nice and elegant too.

You are right, it is the season's fashion, but in my opinion that doesn't mean that everything that is on fashion always look nice and elegant too.

True, but the posters were asking in bewilderment why Letizia was wearing "preganent" dresses or why Varela was using so many beads on dresses or why the shape of some of Letizia's jackets were so odd with a flare-out bottom or 3/4 bell-shaped sleeves. Millions of other women are wearing the same styles because that's the styles all the designers are doing this season. The posters seem completely oblivious of the fashion trend.

Right but the opposite too! This discussion is whithout ending:D

It's clear that this trip is a low key one regarding the medias's means.

That it's too bad is the lack of first plans of the Princes. The few ones that we can see, in particular around the visit of the Forbidden City and the Spanish Ancient Arms exposition are giving to us very good pics of the Princes who seem very relaxed - in spite of the cold which seems very strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom