The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Royal Highness

Why must we bring Mary into a Letizia and Felipe thread? I like Mary and Letizia but I like to keep them separate and I don't see the point in comparing dresses.

Old 07-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Letizia is an excellent representative for Spain not only in the work which she does but how she dresses. In my opinion she choose excellent outfits for the trip

Old 07-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Commoner

Love the white and red dress!
Old 07-16-2006, 02:24 AM
Nobility

Prensa Latina:

Spanish Institute Opens in China

Beijing, Jul 14 (Prensa Latina) The Beijing Cervantes Institute, the first one of that network in China, was opened on Friday by the Asturias Prince Felipe Borbon, in presence of high personalities from China and Spain.

The Cervantes Institute has the objective of promoting the learning of the Spanish language and Spanish-speaking culture in that Asiatic nation.

In the opening act, Felipe de Borbon identified the new center as a bridge to strengthen the relations between China and Spain.

Sun Jiazhen, China Culture Minister, highlighted that the institution constitutes a new landmark in the strategic relations between both nations.

Spanish Foreign Affairs Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos, Beijing vice-mayor Sun Anmin and the world Cervantes Institutes director Cesar Antonio Molina were at the ceremony.

The center opened Friday, is number 58 in the network and has a six-story building, 20 classrooms, museum, conference room and a library, among other sections.

The installation of this center in China is the result of an intergovernmental agreement signed during the visit of the Spanish president Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero last year.

That agreement includes the creation in Spain of Confucius Centers, in charge of the promotion of the language and culture of China.

ef/mgs/nzp/mf
Old 07-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Courtier

I wanted to post earlier, but ive been too busy during the weekend. I wanted to do it anyway even if the travel to China finished, i liked a lot princess Letizia's gesture of using the gift for doing a dress and using it in this visit. It is really touching. I really like the dress and she looked really nice with it.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Are some economical newspapers speaking about this kind of trip of the Princes of Asturias ?
Old 07-17-2006, 04:20 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
Are some economical newspapers speaking about this kind of trip of the Princes of Asturias ?
Yes, dear Adeaide.
Here you are a link. Publissed in July,13 by Newspaper "The Economist"/ El Economista

The Princes of Asturias have inaugurated in Shanghai the Forum of Investments and Managerial Cooperation Hispanic - Chinaman, in whom they inform 111 Spanish companies and more than 400 small stones, informed today the Department of Industry, Trade and Tourism.

This managerial meeting this one organized by the Institute of Exterior(Foreign) Trade (ICEX) in the frame of the Integral Plan of Development of Market of China (PIDM) elaborated by the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade. Likewise, it relies on the collaboration of the Top Council of Chambers of Trade of Spain, the Chamber of Trade and Industry of Madrid and the Foreign Investment Development of Shanghai.

The principal aim of this forum, to whose inauguration was present also the minister of Foreign Affairs, Michael Angel Moratinos, is to facilitate the identification of opportunities of investment and cooperation for the Spanish companies and potential associates locate in China.
With this propouse, the businessmen displeased to Shanghai can meet hisChinese counterparts interested in working together with companies of our country.

http://www.eleconomista.es/mercados-...ano-chino.html
Old 07-17-2006, 05:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Why must we bring Mary into a Letizia and Felipe thread? I like Mary and Letizia but I like to keep them separate and I don't see the point in comparing dresses.
I'am not comparing and since they are both Princess is absolutely normal we compare them!! I have said that all Princess have their own style and I give the example of Princess Mary because, her style is different from Letizia and she will never wear this same flower dress!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Aristocracy

Video of Prince Felipe at the Inauguration of the "Instituto Cervantes" in China.

http://archivodigital.cervantes.es/f...cion_pekin.htm

in Palermo, Italy (February 2006)

http://www.archivodigital.cervantes....acionsofia.htm

in Stockholm
http://archivodigital.cervantes.es/f..._principal.htm
Old 07-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I give the example of Princess Mary because, her style is different from Letizia and she will never wear this same flower dress!!!
See photo Lauritas posted in post 160.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal...noticia229.htm

The Princes ambassadors of the Spanish in China

Don Felipe and dona Letizia, in their trip lightning to the oriental country, inaugurated the Institute Cervantes of Pekin, the major one of the world.

Maybe for not wanting to pass a lot of time separated from the infanta Leonor, or for having an agenda replete with work, the Princes of Asturias realized a visit lightning to China.

A trip of two days and a half in those who knew the cities of Shanghai and Pekin, where there took place the most important act of their visit: the inauguration of the Institute the biggest Cervantes of the world.
At their arrival to the " Asian giant ", don Felipe and dona Letizia they were got in the airport of Shanghai by the children of the college Children Palace, which delivered them branches of magnolias, symbol of the city.

Providing that the Princes realize a visit abroad, they try to know the Spanish who reside in this country. Because of it first one of the acts that they realized in China was to meet approximately 700 compatriots who live there, as well as a representation of the companies that have decided to look for new horizons in this country.

Since it was a question of a trip of work, the Princes had not even a minute to visit any of the marvels that China offers.

Received with a traditional Chinese dance

The second day of the visit of don Felipe and dona Letizia took them to Pekin. There the central act took place: the inauguration of the Institute Cervantes. The Princes accompanied by the minister of Foreign Affairs, Miguel Ángel Moratinos, were received by the " Dance of the lions ", a traditional Chinese dance by the one that wishes prosperity and luck himself. Later, the inheritors crossed the facilities of the center: a building of six floors with 3.000 m2, with a score of classrooms, rooms of exhibitions and a library, called Antonio Machado, with more than 20.000 volumes. This new center for the study of the Spanish culture is the biggest of the 58 that exist in the world.
After having dinner with the Chinese vice-president, Zeng Qinghong, the Princes were present at the spectacle of the Spanish company "Gelabert*Azzopardi". On having finished, don Felipe and dona Letizia returned to our country.

Old 07-19-2006, 05:17 AM
Aristocracy

Wow, the red dress worn by Letizia is beautiful.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
Did they travel in a commercial airline or a private plane? Letizia looks beautiful in white!!
They travelled in a very nice Airbus A310 owned by the Spanish Air Force and used by the Royal Family and the Prime Minister.

Pictures below:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0725417/M/
http://myaviation.net/?pid=00750089
Old 07-19-2006, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Here's another photo, from the inauguration of the Cervantes Institute.

From Hola:
Old 07-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Commoner

I agreed with Paty.She should cut her hair.The long hair really make her look thin and gaunt.Most of her outfits are recycled but I like it anyway.Princess Letizia is one lady-like lady,very gracious and elegant.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Royal Highness

Beutiful pics, they are stuning. Is just peat don't existe larger pics of the act from the second pic, i love to see teh dress and shoses larger Thanks a lot for the pics and information!:)