The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-15-2006, 03:27 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
Say the truth - how many women can use a dress like this without looking 4 month pregnant?!
The post is very clear but you got me for a moment.. I was like .. ohh I've missed something Letizia's pregnant again!! yay :) but then I understood what u meant.. don't blame me, I was at a party and drank a couple of beers..

Old 07-15-2006, 05:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

In this article that has placed infanteleonor in other forum appears a detail on the drees. A very good detail of the Princess with her chineses hosts , is curious since always ishe takes care very much of these little things.

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 26: July - August 2006

(...)
For her goodbye of China, the Princess chose a white dress with red flowers made with the silk that the wife of Hu Jintao, the Chinese president, gave to her in the Canary Islands two years ago. (...)

Old 07-15-2006, 05:37 AM
Aristocracy

I believe that Letizia already has her style, and do not see that is bad. In the one to repeat because I believe that influences many things, first that have acts much more, soon for that reason she does not have long time to be going to other designers so that they do other clothes to her; and the other thing that is most important, she is the one that does everything, does not have to nobody who the aid like the other princess. And as you can understand she is not a machine to be able to be in everything.

Thus if you want that she wears better clothes because say to the real house that puts somebody that helps to her. Because she also has a daughter to whom to take care of.

Although I continue saying that to my like her style, I do not see it for anything boring and I am sure that if did not repeat as much, many either would not see it boring.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Princess Letizia looks great with all outfits! I like the dress although I think it is not in fashion, those flowers are not in fashion. However I think that makes Princess Letizia looks like she is, she dresses whatever she likes, being in fashion or not!All PRINCESS have their style, for example I couldn't dream of seen Princess Mary of Denmark with such a dress! It's not her style at all!
Old 07-15-2006, 05:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
In this article that has placed infanteleonor in other forum appears a detail on the drees. A very good detail of the Princess with her chineses hosts , is curious since always ishe takes care very much of these little things.

(...)
For her goodbye of China, the Princess chose a white dress with red flowers made with the silk that the wife of Hu Jintao, the Chinese president, gave to her in the Canary Islands two years ago. (...)
Thank you lula:) and infanteleonor:) for the article.

Talk about details and being an attentive person. I think Hu Jintao wife must have been touched by Letizia detail.

This care on details - like using some outfit that means a lot to her (like the one from Pope's visit) or using a present given to her in other occasion by Princes' hosts - and attentive thoughts means a lot more for me than everything most people seem to look for in the Princess.

In these details I see the tender and thoughtful princess I aimed for Spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
I was at a party and drank a couple of beers..
Cheers !

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
All PRINCESS have their style, for example I couldn't dream of seen Princess Mary of Denmark with such a dress! It's not her style at all!
That's why comparissons aren't fair, for Letizia or for the others. Mary has a more common figure, Letizia is the sveltesse herself, Mathilde and Mette-Marit took some time to recover from their last pregnancy, Maxima has that latin body we all know, one day you are slim the other day you take a glass of water and put 10 pounds. Some exuberancy worn by Maxima wold make Leizia look ridiculous but suits great on Maxima. And the examples could go on and on but people don't want to understand that. They can't put themselves on Letizia shoes (i wouldn't advise them either ).

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 07-15-2006, 05:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I think Princess Letizia looks great with all outfits! I like the dress although I think it is not in fashion, those flowers are not in fashion. However I think that makes Princess Letizia looks like she is, she dresses whatever she likes, being in fashion or not!All PRINCESS have their style, for example I couldn't dream of seen Princess Mary of Denmark with such a dress! It's not her style at all!
I believe that these flowers are "fashion", in this Larzen's post you can see a design of last winter of Prada with a very similar print of flowers, though on a darker and winter fund. The same design several princesses and famous persons took it.
Royal ladies and their similar style - Part 1

Though I do not believe that she was trying to be "fashion", the fabric had been a gift of the wife of the President of China, and she reserved it for her trip to the country. With this fabric she did a dress, which has a neck of oriental inspiration.
All the details are taken care.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:19 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
Every Princess travels representing their countries, none of them are less than Letizia, other's even travels for business much more as they have their own agendas, she's not better not worse than the other ones who still managed to do their "business trips" on a more fashionable or royalty way and I don't see them as a fashion models as for Letizia leaving to them the "fashion plate" as you said, others dress in a more distinguish manner (and yes, more fashionable) take Mathilde or Maxima when on meetings or delegations abroad (not talking here about Opera or Theather or Gala Dinners since Maxima is a little bit "too much" in that chapter), but when in business trips they go decents, impeccables, fashionables still not boring with a good cut clothes and good fabrics, accesories etc; and without stopping being princess and represent very decently their countries, she's above all the Princes of Asturias, the royalty is also about glamour and fashion as silly as may sound, the fact that someone dress poorly doesn't means they job is better or viceversa; so I'll rather will take the time to mix and match some of my best clothes because I'm going to a country for the first time as a Princess, representing Spain and the Royal Family; she's not the only princess doing her job here, other's have meetings even w/ the UN by themselves, and they managed to go in a "more royal" way; Letizia is not a corporate executive not a politician (and even they dress better) but the Princess of Asturias. Just my opinion.

BTW. For example, I can picture her leaving the plane at the arrival with a suit like the one she wore on the engagement day (the Armani one), and I don't mean it has to be an Armani but the same kind of cut and fabric, withouth a shirt inside, in a pastel color (peach, blue, even red), with a nice pin with matching earrings, a nice hairdo (to avoid the wind and the hair on her face) and a pair of closed pumps and a matching purse, she has beautiful matching sets on that department, not with the kind of sandals/espadrilles she used that day, nothing fancy, nothing to break the bank about, but with much more class and definitely much more elegant, in case someone may think I want her to dress on expensive designers only. That's only one example as she can be really well dress, in a kind of "executive" way but still as a Princess.
As you say, all CPs recycle their clothes but some probably do so more than others because they have a more hectic schedule. I am relatively new in this forum but it seems that both Felipe and Letizia are indeed one of the most hardworking CPs - the fact that the Felipe & Letizia thread is now at Part 37 proves that. So, it's fine with me if Letizia recycles her clothes once too often....of course there's also the budget restrain factor if she doesn't have a very big budget for clothing to work with then she's bound to have to recycle her clother more than the other CPs. Last but not least, I have noticed that Letizia seems to have lost a lot of weight since giving birth to Leonor. She now looks even thinner to me than pre-wedding so it's highly probable that many of her previous clothes don't fit her any more....
Old 07-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula

(...)
What a nice detail ! it's a so kind and diplomatic way to thank for a this kind of gift. When I saw this dress I was immediatly thinking it's a chinese pattern, but I can't imagine that this dress was mad with material gift from the wife of President of China.

First in doing like that it's the proof that the Princess take a lot of care to her wardrobe according her agenda, then with a so kind attention it's also the proof that Letizia is totally able to manage her way of dress by herself whithout to have a lot of staff to decide which kind of shoes she has to wear with so or so dress.

Once again whithout doing quarrel, I read that Letizia has make a mistake in wearing "espadrilles" at her arrival to shangaï to go out of the plane, but question:When they arrived in China, Are they received as Chiefs of State by the president of China or are they received as Princes of Asturia for an economic and cultural mission ?

We can say a lot of things about the way to dress of the Princess of Asturias and we do, butsometimes we can to do a little more objective and notice that Letizia pay a lot attention at her wardrobe. When, for instance, in the same day she has to visit an hospital for minus valid personnes, after a fabric and the evening she had a gala, the all very far away of Madrid, we could saw her, the morning in a freshy spring and beatiful dress and for the evening in an absolutly stuning coktail.

For this trip in China, Letizia was repeat one outfit, these wore during the Pope 's visit and a coktail dress, the violin one; for the else, she wore a white new outfit with a new cut ( which fits to her very well ) plus, this new coktail dress at chinese'fashion.

Is anybody inside the detractor team of the Princess 's wardrobe has mad the average between the number of official acts that the Princess has to assume and the number of clothes that she can used ? May be an interesting operation ? isen't it ?:p
Old 07-15-2006, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

from hola :

Old 07-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Aristocracy

Letizia was wonderful with this dress, a very good election and a good detail for the Chinese president.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
Once again whithout doing quarrel, I read that Letizia has make a mistake in wearing "espadrilles" at her arrival to shangaï to go out of the plane, but question:When they arrived in China, Are they received as Chiefs of State by the president of China or are they received as Princes of Asturia for an economic and cultural mission ?
On the reception in China, how I have not been not how it has been exactly.

Every country has its protocol, the Prince never does trips of State, because he is not a Chief of State, he does official trips, but there are different types of trips. Those that he realizes to a country invited by the government and visits the institutions of this country, and those that he realizes to come to concrete acts related to Spain.

On Letizia's footwear, I do not see it incorrect. The "alpargatas" (this it is the name in Spanish) were decades ago a footwear for peasants. But it has changed very much, and now they are fashion. In Spain where the industry of the footwear is very important, many are produced in Spain and are in use habitually in summer. They are a fresh and comfortable footwear.
Letizia already used them in summer the last year. The best Spanish "alpargatas" are those of Castañer.
This year the "alpargatas" they are fashion, are in all the shops and some important and international designers have use them for the spring-summer fashion. Here yoy have a notice about that topic

http://www.univision.com/content/con...3395&pagenum=1
Old 07-15-2006, 09:31 AM
Courtier

I really don't care if Letizia wears or recycles her clothes too much.. I think its her personality.. she doesn't really mind if she's wearing that particular dress again because imo with the kind of monarchy that Spain has, so complex, i think if they see that their CP is wasting a lot of money buying designer clothes, i think they would criticize the royal family. and i think its much better if you are being criticize for recycling clothes than let's say being the Scandinavian Imelda Marcos i.e. Mary of Denmark. I think it's safe to say that way.. It doesn't hurt if you recycle your clothes..
Old 07-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Courtier

I love the way Letizia and Felipe look at each other, it really shows how much they love each other.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:51 AM
Aristocracy

I like her dress and i think she's doing quite well in representing spain.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

This couple got an enormous amount of events and business done in three days yet the main focus seems to be what Letizia wore??
Old 07-15-2006, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Picture and a very-roughly-translated article from "El mundo":

The Princes have presided in Beijing the inauguration of the new seat of the Cervantes Institute, the greatest one of the 58 institutions in 38 countries, accompanied by the minister of Outer Subjects, Miguel Moratinos Angel, who has announced the opening of a new center the next year in Shanghai, the economic motor of China.

Felipe de Borbón, in his speech during the inauguration of the act, has stood out once again - since he comes doing since he arrived at China for two days Spain, in this occasion with the Cervantes Institute, has been the route by Chinese which can accede to Ibero-America.

“Véanlo- said he- like the great light that illuminates the way towards an exciting one, rich and enormous region of the world, Ibero-America, that with all its diversity is united by a history and a language and a culture” that have political and economic transcendency from the governments and the civil society “towards an authentic community of nations”.

Felipe has remembered that Spanish is spoken by more than 400 million people and it is the second language of international communication. After assuring, as also Moratinos did and the director of the Cervantes Institute, Caesar Antonio Molina, that the establishment of new seats of the institution in Asia has highly-priority character for Spain, has emphasized that Beijing is “a neuralgic point in the Asian and world-wide map”.

The Prince has indicated that the Spanish language and the culture could not be absent in a while crucial in which this country watches the world and that will welcome the Olympic Games in 2008 (the Beijing), the International Exhibition in 2010 (Shanghai) and will celebrate in 2007 the Year of Spain in China, in which Molina has also agreed.

As much Felipe as the Spanish Secretary of State has requested who opens itself the sooner in Madrid the Chinese Cultural Center to present a language that speaks a fifth part of the humanity. Any person, commented the Prince, who dominates the Spanish and the official held in low esteem will be able to communicate with a third of the humanity.

This it is the first institute in China that has a directed foreign country only by own personnel, since Germany has other integrated in a university and France the one more with a presidency shared with the country host. The act has counted with the presence of the minister of Culture of China, Sun Jiazheng, for that the new center represents a new profit in the strategic relations of integration between China and Spain, symbolizes a bow of union between the two cultures and demonstrates the interest of both by a communication that glimpses a great future.

In opinion of Sun, thanks to the reform policy and opening, China counts on the opportunity to learn of the foreign countries for the enrichment of the nation.

Moratinos and Molina have emphasized the great expansion of the Spanish in China, where at the present time it is distributed in 20 centers as degree or studies of postdegree and begins to introduce in secondary education. The minister has aimed in addition who the next month of October will start up a television channel in Spanish.

It will serve different The new seat of the Cervantes Institute, in the heart of Beijing, is located in I build of six plants, in 3.000 square meters and has 20 classrooms, assembly hall, exhibition hall and one library with the name of Antonio Machado.

In this one last one, that contains more than 20,000 volumes, the president of the Foundation Antonio Machado, Manuel Núñez Encabo, has read before the Princes two poems of “Solitudes”, and their translator, the Chinese Zhao Zhenjiang, other two in his maternal language.

Previously, Felipe and Letizia discovered a commemorative plaque in the exhibition hall that the sample gathers “Labyrinth of Museums”, in that are represented 16 Spanish pinacotecas of contemporary art. In the occasion of the inauguration, he has been published a new edition of “El Quijote” in Chinese made by Don Yansheng and an important fan of cultural acts. To their arrival to the new seat, the Princes were flattered with the “Dance of the lions”, a colourful dance with which it is desired prosperity and luck and is a sample of solidarity between the nations.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	china.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	254970  

Old 07-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
This couple got an enormous amount of events and business done in three days yet the main focus seems to be what Letizia wore??
Many thanks for your very accurate remark.It's my opinion since I begin to interest me at the Princes of Asturias's life. As you can observe, even if my english is not pretty good, I'm trying to express how their challenge is hard and how it's interesting to follow, more to go with them in their daily and long step toward the throne, because it's belonging to the History as always the Spain History had been a great center of interest for a lot of historian people or a lot of Spain connoisseurs.

May be it's not so fun than to speak only upon the wardrobe of the Princess, if it's also a very interesting question because Letizia is a tremandous beatiful woman with a genuine and original personality.

But I think that whith the Princes of Asturias, we have many possibilties to express our opinions regarding our centre of interest, knowing that since their wedding Felipe and Letizia are becoming an entity who( I say deliberatly who ) has changed the importance of the Prince of Asturias by the way of the Princes of Asturias.

I have to confess that I am very found of their little Infanta but I can understand very well how it could be absolutly difficult for them to have to expose their little baby as a white baby tiger in a Zoo:p

I apologise once more time if I am too booring but when you see my posts you can jump it..:p
Old 07-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

i so loved the white dress with the red flowers! it looks so feminine...
as lula said, it's also a nice detail to use the fabric she was given by the country for her wedding in an official trip. is it silk?

a very nice combination as well with the strawberries and cream outfit for the cervantes institute...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-15-2006, 03:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Mary wore a black dress with big red flowers in a gala function at the palace one time. That dress also has Asian flavor. It bears a resemblence to Letizia's white dress. The only difference is the color. Actually, I like the fabric of Letizia's dress better than Mary's. Plus, I like the V neck and Mandarin collar on Letizia's dress better.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Nobility

I agree with you Adelaide… we would have to consider more the work of the Princes of Asturias, because they work much and of totally impeccable form. Perhaps we spoke much more of the Letizia´s clothes because we know the workers who are the Princes of Asturias and that never is going to change… what if can change is the clothes of the princess , although she recycle her clothes sometimes… But I believe that to all we like to see the new suits that Letizia releases.

I have found this photo of Mary.The dress is very similarity, but it is not equal. Personally I like more the white dress of Letizia.
From Getty: