Prince & Princess of Asturias's Official Visit to China: July 12-14, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
adelaide said:
Once again whithout doing quarrel, I read that Letizia has make a mistake in wearing "espadrilles" at her arrival to shangaï to go out of the plane, but question:When they arrived in China, Are they received as Chiefs of State by the president of China or are they received as Princes of Asturia for an economic and cultural mission ?

On the reception in China, how I have not been not how it has been exactly.

Every country has its protocol, the Prince never does trips of State, because he is not a Chief of State, he does official trips, but there are different types of trips. Those that he realizes to a country invited by the government and visits the institutions of this country, and those that he realizes to come to concrete acts related to Spain.

On Letizia's footwear, I do not see it incorrect. The "alpargatas" (this it is the name in Spanish) were decades ago a footwear for peasants. But it has changed very much, and now they are fashion. In Spain where the industry of the footwear is very important, many are produced in Spain and are in use habitually in summer. They are a fresh and comfortable footwear.
Letizia already used them in summer the last year. The best Spanish "alpargatas" are those of Castañer.
This year the "alpargatas" they are fashion, are in all the shops and some important and international designers have use them for the spring-summer fashion. Here yoy have a notice about that topic

http://www.univision.com/content/content.jhtml?chid=10&schid=1928&secid=1929&cid=893395&pagenum=1

Last edited:
I really don't care if Letizia wears or recycles her clothes too much.. I think its her personality.. she doesn't really mind if she's wearing that particular dress again because imo with the kind of monarchy that Spain has, so complex, i think if they see that their CP is wasting a lot of money buying designer clothes, i think they would criticize the royal family. and i think its much better if you are being criticize for recycling clothes than let's say being the Scandinavian Imelda Marcos i.e. Mary of Denmark. I think it's safe to say that way.. It doesn't hurt if you recycle your clothes..;)

I love the way Letizia and Felipe look at each other, it really shows how much they love each other.

I like her dress and i think she's doing quite well in representing spain.

This couple got an enormous amount of events and business done in three days yet the main focus seems to be what Letizia wore??

Picture and a very-roughly-translated :D article from "El mundo":

The Princes have presided in Beijing the inauguration of the new seat of the Cervantes Institute, the greatest one of the 58 institutions in 38 countries, accompanied by the minister of Outer Subjects, Miguel Moratinos Angel, who has announced the opening of a new center the next year in Shanghai, the economic motor of China.

Felipe de Borbón, in his speech during the inauguration of the act, has stood out once again - since he comes doing since he arrived at China for two days Spain, in this occasion with the Cervantes Institute, has been the route by Chinese which can accede to Ibero-America.

“Véanlo- said he- like the great light that illuminates the way towards an exciting one, rich and enormous region of the world, Ibero-America, that with all its diversity is united by a history and a language and a culture” that have political and economic transcendency from the governments and the civil society “towards an authentic community of nations”.

Felipe has remembered that Spanish is spoken by more than 400 million people and it is the second language of international communication. After assuring, as also Moratinos did and the director of the Cervantes Institute, Caesar Antonio Molina, that the establishment of new seats of the institution in Asia has highly-priority character for Spain, has emphasized that Beijing is “a neuralgic point in the Asian and world-wide map”.

The Prince has indicated that the Spanish language and the culture could not be absent in a while crucial in which this country watches the world and that will welcome the Olympic Games in 2008 (the Beijing), the International Exhibition in 2010 (Shanghai) and will celebrate in 2007 the Year of Spain in China, in which Molina has also agreed.

As much Felipe as the Spanish Secretary of State has requested who opens itself the sooner in Madrid the Chinese Cultural Center to present a language that speaks a fifth part of the humanity. Any person, commented the Prince, who dominates the Spanish and the official held in low esteem will be able to communicate with a third of the humanity.

This it is the first institute in China that has a directed foreign country only by own personnel, since Germany has other integrated in a university and France the one more with a presidency shared with the country host. The act has counted with the presence of the minister of Culture of China, Sun Jiazheng, for that the new center represents a new profit in the strategic relations of integration between China and Spain, symbolizes a bow of union between the two cultures and demonstrates the interest of both by a communication that glimpses a great future.

In opinion of Sun, thanks to the reform policy and opening, China counts on the opportunity to learn of the foreign countries for the enrichment of the nation.

Moratinos and Molina have emphasized the great expansion of the Spanish in China, where at the present time it is distributed in 20 centers as degree or studies of postdegree and begins to introduce in secondary education. The minister has aimed in addition who the next month of October will start up a television channel in Spanish.

It will serve different The new seat of the Cervantes Institute, in the heart of Beijing, is located in I build of six plants, in 3.000 square meters and has 20 classrooms, assembly hall, exhibition hall and one library with the name of Antonio Machado.

In this one last one, that contains more than 20,000 volumes, the president of the Foundation Antonio Machado, Manuel Núñez Encabo, has read before the Princes two poems of “Solitudes”, and their translator, the Chinese Zhao Zhenjiang, other two in his maternal language.

Previously, Felipe and Letizia discovered a commemorative plaque in the exhibition hall that the sample gathers “Labyrinth of Museums”, in that are represented 16 Spanish pinacotecas of contemporary art. In the occasion of the inauguration, he has been published a new edition of “El Quijote” in Chinese made by Don Yansheng and an important fan of cultural acts. To their arrival to the new seat, the Princes were flattered with the “Dance of the lions”, a colourful dance with which it is desired prosperity and luck and is a sample of solidarity between the nations.

Attachments

• china.jpg
    china.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 211
grevinnan said:
This couple got an enormous amount of events and business done in three days yet the main focus seems to be what Letizia wore??

Many thanks for your very accurate remark.It's my opinion since I begin to interest me at the Princes of Asturias's life. As you can observe, even if my english is not pretty good, I'm trying to express how their challenge is hard and how it's interesting to follow, more to go with them in their daily and long step toward the throne, because it's belonging to the History as always the Spain History had been a great center of interest for a lot of historian people or a lot of Spain connoisseurs.

May be it's not so fun than to speak only upon the wardrobe of the Princess, if it's also a very interesting question because Letizia is a tremandous beatiful woman with a genuine and original personality.

But I think that whith the Princes of Asturias, we have many possibilties to express our opinions regarding our centre of interest, knowing that since their wedding Felipe and Letizia are becoming an entity who( I say deliberatly who ) has changed the importance of the Prince of Asturias by the way of the Princes of Asturias.

I have to confess that I am very found of their little Infanta but I can understand very well how it could be absolutly difficult for them to have to expose their little baby as a white baby tiger in a Zoo:p

I apologise once more time if I am too booring but when you see my posts you can jump it..:p

Last edited:
i so loved the white dress with the red flowers! it looks so feminine...
as lula said, it's also a nice detail to use the fabric she was given by the country for her wedding in an official trip. is it silk?

a very nice combination as well with the strawberries and cream outfit for the cervantes institute...

biboquinhas said:
I think Princess Letizia looks great with all outfits! I like the dress although I think it is not in fashion, those flowers are not in fashion. However I think that makes Princess Letizia looks like she is, she dresses whatever she likes, being in fashion or not!All PRINCESS have their style, for example I couldn't dream of seen Princess Mary of Denmark with such a dress! It's not her style at all!

Mary wore a black dress with big red flowers in a gala function at the palace one time. That dress also has Asian flavor. It bears a resemblence to Letizia's white dress. The only difference is the color. Actually, I like the fabric of Letizia's dress better than Mary's. Plus, I like the V neck and Mandarin collar on Letizia's dress better.

I agree with you Adelaide… we would have to consider more the work of the Princes of Asturias, because they work much and of totally impeccable form. Perhaps we spoke much more of the Letizia´s clothes because we know the workers who are the Princes of Asturias and that never is going to change… what if can change is the clothes of the princess:D , although she recycle her clothes sometimes…:rolleyes: But I believe that to all we like to see the new suits that Letizia releases.

I have found this photo of Mary.The dress is very similarity, but it is not equal. Personally I like more the white dress of Letizia.
From Getty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why must we bring Mary into a Letizia and Felipe thread? I like Mary and Letizia but I like to keep them separate and I don't see the point in comparing dresses.

Letizia is an excellent representative for Spain not only in the work which she does but how she dresses. In my opinion she choose excellent outfits for the trip

Prensa Latina:

Spanish Institute Opens in China

Beijing, Jul 14 (Prensa Latina) The Beijing Cervantes Institute, the first one of that network in China, was opened on Friday by the Asturias Prince Felipe Borbon, in presence of high personalities from China and Spain.

The Cervantes Institute has the objective of promoting the learning of the Spanish language and Spanish-speaking culture in that Asiatic nation.

In the opening act, Felipe de Borbon identified the new center as a bridge to strengthen the relations between China and Spain.

Sun Jiazhen, China Culture Minister, highlighted that the institution constitutes a new landmark in the strategic relations between both nations.

Spanish Foreign Affairs Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos, Beijing vice-mayor Sun Anmin and the world Cervantes Institutes director Cesar Antonio Molina were at the ceremony.

The center opened Friday, is number 58 in the network and has a six-story building, 20 classrooms, museum, conference room and a library, among other sections.

The installation of this center in China is the result of an intergovernmental agreement signed during the visit of the Spanish president Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero last year.

That agreement includes the creation in Spain of Confucius Centers, in charge of the promotion of the language and culture of China.

ef/mgs/nzp/mf

I wanted to post earlier, but ive been too busy during the weekend. I wanted to do it anyway even if the travel to China finished, i liked a lot princess Letizia's gesture of using the gift for doing a dress and using it in this visit. It is really touching. I really like the dress and she looked really nice with it.

Are some economical newspapers speaking about this kind of trip of the Princes of Asturias ?

adelaide said:
Are some economical newspapers speaking about this kind of trip of the Princes of Asturias ?

Yes, dear Adeaide.
Here you are a link. Publissed in July,13 by Newspaper "The Economist"/ El Economista

The Princes of Asturias have inaugurated in Shanghai the Forum of Investments and Managerial Cooperation Hispanic - Chinaman, in whom they inform 111 Spanish companies and more than 400 small stones, informed today the Department of Industry, Trade and Tourism.

This managerial meeting this one organized by the Institute of Exterior(Foreign) Trade (ICEX) in the frame of the Integral Plan of Development of Market of China (PIDM) elaborated by the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade. Likewise, it relies on the collaboration of the Top Council of Chambers of Trade of Spain, the Chamber of Trade and Industry of Madrid and the Foreign Investment Development of Shanghai.

The principal aim of this forum, to whose inauguration was present also the minister of Foreign Affairs, Michael Angel Moratinos, is to facilitate the identification of opportunities of investment and cooperation for the Spanish companies and potential associates locate in China.
With this propouse, the businessmen displeased to Shanghai can meet hisChinese counterparts interested in working together with companies of our country.

http://www.eleconomista.es/mercados-cotizaciones/noticias/43086/07/06/Economia-Empresas-Los-Principes-de-Asturias-inauguran-en-Shanghai-el-Foro-Cooperacion-Empresarial-hispano-chino.html

Last edited:
soCal girl said:
Why must we bring Mary into a Letizia and Felipe thread? I like Mary and Letizia but I like to keep them separate and I don't see the point in comparing dresses.

I'am not comparing and since they are both Princess is absolutely normal we compare them!! I have said that all Princess have their own style and I give the example of Princess Mary because, her style is different from Letizia and she will never wear this same flower dress!!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
I give the example of Princess Mary because, her style is different from Letizia and she will never wear this same flower dress!!!

See photo Lauritas posted in post 160. ;)

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia229.htm

The Princes ambassadors of the Spanish in China

Don Felipe and dona Letizia, in their trip lightning to the oriental country, inaugurated the Institute Cervantes of Pekin, the major one of the world.

Maybe for not wanting to pass a lot of time separated from the infanta Leonor, or for having an agenda replete with work, the Princes of Asturias realized a visit lightning to China.

A trip of two days and a half in those who knew the cities of Shanghai and Pekin, where there took place the most important act of their visit: the inauguration of the Institute the biggest Cervantes of the world.
At their arrival to the " Asian giant ", don Felipe and dona Letizia they were got in the airport of Shanghai by the children of the college Children Palace, which delivered them branches of magnolias, symbol of the city.

Providing that the Princes realize a visit abroad, they try to know the Spanish who reside in this country. Because of it first one of the acts that they realized in China was to meet approximately 700 compatriots who live there, as well as a representation of the companies that have decided to look for new horizons in this country.

Since it was a question of a trip of work, the Princes had not even a minute to visit any of the marvels that China offers.

Received with a traditional Chinese dance

The second day of the visit of don Felipe and dona Letizia took them to Pekin. There the central act took place: the inauguration of the Institute Cervantes. The Princes accompanied by the minister of Foreign Affairs, Miguel Ángel Moratinos, were received by the " Dance of the lions ", a traditional Chinese dance by the one that wishes prosperity and luck himself. Later, the inheritors crossed the facilities of the center: a building of six floors with 3.000 m2, with a score of classrooms, rooms of exhibitions and a library, called Antonio Machado, with more than 20.000 volumes. This new center for the study of the Spanish culture is the biggest of the 58 that exist in the world.
After having dinner with the Chinese vice-president, Zeng Qinghong, the Princes were present at the spectacle of the Spanish company "Gelabert*Azzopardi". On having finished, don Felipe and dona Letizia returned to our country.

Wow, the red dress worn by Letizia is beautiful.

Here's another photo, from the inauguration of the Cervantes Institute.

From Hola:

I agreed with Paty.She should cut her hair.The long hair really make her look thin and gaunt.Most of her outfits are recycled but I like it anyway.Princess Letizia is one lady-like lady,very gracious and elegant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom