Prince & Princess of Asturias's Official Visit to China: July 12-14, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauritas138 said:
I totally agree with you Paty,Letizia must to cut her hair soon.
Has changed the metabolism of Letizia after the pregnancy and she can´t get fat… is evident she is thinner and would favor to her the short hair so I can´t either understand why her hair hasn´t been cut still.
Maybe Felipe wants her hair to be long?:D I agree, she looked better with shorter hairdo, but now, with that length, she is able to have a larger variety of other, more sophisticated hairdos to choose from.

As for the clothes, that seems to be a Letizia's strategy:D: recycle, recycle, recycle... and then... a big WOW!:D This white and red dress with floral pattern is splendid!

Last edited:
Even though there aren't much photos it seems to be an interesting trip to China. I like how they represent Spain with such trips in a serious way. Thanks for all information and pics so far! The Princes both look great. But then in Mallorca they have deserved their vacations after working very hard and without their baby.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
As for the clothes, that seems to be a Letizia's strategy:D: recycle, recycle, recycle... and then... a big WOW!:D This white and red dress with floral pattern is splendid!
LCM You are so funny!!!!:p , i enjoy very much your post!!:D

I Love thiis pic ( original poted by Lula/ londonfeatures)
WOW!!:eek:
http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=23927773.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hye, Lula, very glad to see you back.Immediatly thanks for your good words about the Princes's trip.

That is for me very difficult to understand is this obligation to compare the work of the different Crown Princes in Europe. First, generally speaking all we know that comparaison it not reason. Then, as we can see all threads long this kind of comparaison is ever doing against the Princes to condemn their own know how whithout to think they aren't whose decided of the organisation of this trip.

May be, I say may be with a lot of caution, it will be more revelant to notice as the Princes have to work because their agenda is fixed like that, they don't have many opportunities to enjoy themself, except to take advantge of the very few moments that they could have ( if they have one)

Remenber when they where in Japan they stayed so few days whithout to make tourism too.

I find the explanations of Lula on this subject very topic even if there are noy full of fun.

For those who were expecting some new dresses for the Princess, I hope they can appreciated the redflowers one.....

Just a word upon the Letizia's hair, I'm very found of the new and many hairdoes that the Princess can do with her long hair. May be she looks less fashion but she can have a more refinde and distinghished hairdoes ..... in my opinion !

Last edited:
As for the clothes, that seems to be a Letizia's strategy:D: recycle, recycle, recycle... and then... a big WOW!:D This white and red dress with floral pattern is splendid

So true! and it's a great strategy because it satisfies both the critics of palace spending and those who want to see her in new fashions.

Sue- said:
But then in Mallorca they have deserved their vacations after working very hard and without their baby.

Majorca? Vacations? :confused: ;)

Often I think that for them, it cannot be vacations.
It is true, they do not have official acts, but Majorca in summer is full of photographers, and it is difficult that they could do a normal and calm life. In Majorca already they were accustomed to having the Royal Family, and only interesting to do some graceful photo to the grandsons of the Kings. But from the wedding of the Prince, the innovation did that the press was becoming a bit mad ... last year the pregnancy, and this year Leonor. They have created many expectation, and unfortunately it does that often they lose the respect and the measurement. I believe that this year with the little Infanta they are not going to have it easy, because the photographers and the people are going to want to see the girl.

Though they will criticize them, since always, for going away some days out of Spain, I believe that it is something that they have to do, and that they will do. They need to move away a bit from Spain, and to go to a site where they have real vacations

Letizia is very handsome and elegant.:p
Thank so much for the pictures.;)

captures from tve

Last edited:
Princes of Asturias undertake trip from return to Spain

Princes of Asturias undertook to 16.30 hours GMT of today the return trip towards Madrid, in a Airbus 310 of the Spanish Air Force, after ending their official visit to China.
Don Felipe and Doña Letizia have remained three days in Shanghai and Beijing, accompanied by the minister of Outer Subjects, Miguel Angel Moratinos, and of the Secretary of State of Tourism and Commerce, Pedro Mejía, among others, with the objective to increase the political, economic and cultural relations both between countries. As much Spanish diplomatic sources as Chinese considered that the stay of the Princes has been a great success, when the “Year of Spain in China” is prepared for 2007, to obtain that more is known and better the Spanish present reality in the Asian country.
The vice-president of China, Zeng Qinghong, and prime minister, Wen Jiabao, assured this to Prince de Asturias who will take measures to both reduce the deficit of the trade balance between countries, with more behind schedule than 9,000 million euros in negative numbers for Spain

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/principes_asturias_espana_985894.htm

Dear agm, many thanks for your captures's tv.
I like very much the first one, the princess with a so kind smile...

Lauritas138 said:
I like much that white dress with red flowers. Peculiarly these two colors are those that more favor the princess. Very good election!
I would like to see those sandals more clearly… it´s seems pretty.
Really??? I think this dress is not good at all, the flower are to big and not favored the princess figure at all, well thank God we do not have to agree with everyone, right? ;)

The white dress with the red flowers is simply stunning! A very good choice! :)

I like dress very much.Letizia is beautiful!!!

Say the truth - how many women can use a dress like this without looking 4 month pregnant?!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=254755&d=1152897818

I love this dress (and I not even like dresses) the pattern, the way it suits arrounds her neck, the fabric and the way it looks on the Princess.

And I agree with you, she must change or the cut or the do, maybe making some curls on it so it doesn't look so uninteresting while down... But she can do so many wonderful hair-dos with it long this way... So I think if she just made something different - put some curls on it - she could keep it this way long.:D

Welcome lula:)... tell us the truth you went to China with them, didn't you?! ;)

Thank you all for sharing the pictures and news.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

I love the white dress with he red flowers it so beautiful on her.... And with that hairdo looks so classy

I wish we had bigger pictures of her in the dress - the london features pics are so nice but we can barely see them. oh well :)

Letizia looks very pretty in the white and pink ensemble. Felipe looks handsome as usual :D. Pictures from Bruno Press:

Attachments

• Felipe.jpg
    Felipe.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Felipe 2.jpg
    Felipe 2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 200
  • Felipe 3.jpg
    Felipe 3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 178
  • Felipe 4.jpg
    Felipe 4.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Felipe 5.jpg
    Felipe 5.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 185
I don't see anything wrong when a princess recycles clothes, all royals do that, even Rania who is the epitome of the elegance recycles her well known designers clothes, but some of you will agree with me that given Letizia's big closet (we have seen dozens and dozens of differents outfits on those two years so is not a matter of being cheap) she could do better, ie she shouldn't wore that red and white square blaze and those white pants who are about to go out by themself again, because we just saw them in the trip on Madrid and the jacket dosn't have a forgivable pattern, and those pants are, how many times? the six or more that she used them in a matter of a month- month and some.

The outfit to the Cervantes inauguration is kind of neutral but she just wore it just a few days ago, IMO she could use clothes that she have that haven't get out of fashion yet (she used to have cute clothes when she was Felipe's fiance and at the begining of the marriage) and she can use it and mix and match, we don't have the money she have and we all know how to take advantage of our three or four really good pieces ;) the mauve dress as beautiful as it can be is not a forgivable dress, she just wore it the other day, I don't care if the chiness people have seen this clothes or not, I have seen it, half humanity have seen it, they have a good presupuest to spend on clothes but even if they don't Letizia have a huge closet by now, only Letizia's shoes and purses worth thousand of dollars so she can do better and not repeat that often, that's my point, she can recycle but not the same clothe withing a month or less and to top it all as a uniform, she use to do that a lot, same skirt w/ same blazer w/same shoes w/ same purse w/same "letishirt", a lot of times she wores it exactly as the last time she used it, another thing would be if those clothes don't fit her anymore but nobody knows that, so honestly she can do better.

Last edited:
Letizia is travelling on business. She is leaving the fashion plate work to other princesses. Letizia looks great and represents the royal family and Spain in a dignified and very classy fashion.

Every Princess travels representing their countries, none of them are less than Letizia, other's even travels for business much more as they have their own agendas, she's not better not worse than the other ones who still managed to do their "business trips" on a more fashionable or royalty way and I don't see them as a fashion models as for Letizia leaving to them the "fashion plate" as you said, others dress in a more distinguish manner (and yes, more fashionable) take Mathilde or Maxima when on meetings or delegations abroad (not talking here about Opera or Theather or Gala Dinners since Maxima is a little bit "too much" in that chapter), but when in business trips they go decents, impeccables, fashionables still not boring with a good cut clothes and good fabrics, accesories etc; and without stopping being princess and represent very decently their countries, she's above all the Princes of Asturias, the royalty is also about glamour and fashion as silly as may sound, the fact that someone dress poorly doesn't means they job is better or viceversa; so I'll rather will take the time to mix and match some of my best clothes because I'm going to a country for the first time as a Princess, representing Spain and the Royal Family; she's not the only princess doing her job here, other's have meetings even w/ the UN by themselves, and they managed to go in a "more royal" way; Letizia is not a corporate executive not a politician (and even they dress better) but the Princess of Asturias. Just my opinion.

BTW. For example, I can picture her leaving the plane at the arrival with a suit like the one she wore on the engagement day (the Armani one), and I don't mean it has to be an Armani but the same kind of cut and fabric, withouth a shirt inside, in a pastel color (peach, blue, even red), with a nice pin with matching earrings, a nice hairdo (to avoid the wind and the hair on her face) and a pair of closed pumps and a matching purse, she has beautiful matching sets on that department, not with the kind of sandals/espadrilles she used that day, nothing fancy, nothing to break the bank about, but with much more class and definitely much more elegant, in case someone may think I want her to dress on expensive designers only. That's only one example as she can be really well dress, in a kind of "executive" way but still as a Princess.

Last edited:
mtbcm said:
Say the truth - how many women can use a dress like this without looking 4 month pregnant?!
The post is very clear but you got me :confused: for a moment.. I was like .. ohh I've missed something Letizia's pregnant again!! yay :) but then I understood what u meant.. don't blame me, I was at a party and drank a couple of beers.. :D

In this article that has placed infanteleonor in other forum appears a detail on the drees. A very good detail of the Princess with her chineses hosts , is curious since always ishe takes care very much of these little things.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/475370-post137.html

(...)
For her goodbye of China, the Princess chose a white dress with red flowers made with the silk that the wife of Hu Jintao, the Chinese president, gave to her in the Canary Islands two years ago. (...)

I believe that Letizia already has her style, and do not see that is bad. In the one to repeat because I believe that influences many things, first that have acts much more, soon for that reason she does not have long time to be going to other designers so that they do other clothes to her; and the other thing that is most important, she is the one that does everything, does not have to nobody who the aid like the other princess. And as you can understand she is not a machine to be able to be in everything.

Thus if you want that she wears better clothes because say to the real house that puts somebody that helps to her. Because she also has a daughter to whom to take care of.

Although I continue saying that to my like her style, I do not see it for anything boring and I am sure that if did not repeat as much, many either would not see it boring.

I think Princess Letizia looks great with all outfits! I like the dress although I think it is not in fashion, those flowers are not in fashion. However I think that makes Princess Letizia looks like she is, she dresses whatever she likes, being in fashion or not!All PRINCESS have their style, for example I couldn't dream of seen Princess Mary of Denmark with such a dress! It's not her style at all!

lula said:
In this article that has placed infanteleonor in other forum appears a detail on the drees. A very good detail of the Princess with her chineses hosts , is curious since always ishe takes care very much of these little things.

(...)
For her goodbye of China, the Princess chose a white dress with red flowers made with the silk that the wife of Hu Jintao, the Chinese president, gave to her in the Canary Islands two years ago. (...)

Thank you lula:) and infanteleonor:) for the article.

Talk about details and being an attentive person. I think Hu Jintao wife must have been touched by Letizia detail.

This care on details - like using some outfit that means a lot to her (like the one from Pope's visit) or using a present given to her in other occasion by Princes' hosts - and attentive thoughts means a lot more for me than everything most people seem to look for in the Princess.

In these details I see the tender and thoughtful princess I aimed for Spain.

Mari_* said:
I was at a party and drank a couple of beers.. :D

Cheers ;)!

biboquinhas said:
All PRINCESS have their style, for example I couldn't dream of seen Princess Mary of Denmark with such a dress! It's not her style at all!

That's why comparissons aren't fair, for Letizia or for the others. Mary has a more common figure, Letizia is the sveltesse herself, Mathilde and Mette-Marit took some time to recover from their last pregnancy, Maxima has that latin body we all know, one day you are slim the other day you take a glass of water and put 10 pounds. Some exuberancy worn by Maxima wold make Leizia look ridiculous but suits great on Maxima. And the examples could go on and on but people don't want to understand that. They can't put themselves on Letizia shoes (i wouldn't advise them either ;)).

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
I think Princess Letizia looks great with all outfits! I like the dress although I think it is not in fashion, those flowers are not in fashion. However I think that makes Princess Letizia looks like she is, she dresses whatever she likes, being in fashion or not!All PRINCESS have their style, for example I couldn't dream of seen Princess Mary of Denmark with such a dress! It's not her style at all!

I believe that these flowers are "fashion", in this Larzen's post you can see a design of last winter of Prada with a very similar print of flowers, though on a darker and winter fund. The same design several princesses and famous persons took it.;)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/344240-post167.htmlhttp://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/royals-similar-styles-2405-9.html

Though I do not believe that she was trying to be "fashion", the fabric had been a gift of the wife of the President of China, and she reserved it for her trip to the country. With this fabric she did a dress, which has a neck of oriental inspiration.
All the details are taken care.

RaniaRocks said:
Every Princess travels representing their countries, none of them are less than Letizia, other's even travels for business much more as they have their own agendas, she's not better not worse than the other ones who still managed to do their "business trips" on a more fashionable or royalty way and I don't see them as a fashion models as for Letizia leaving to them the "fashion plate" as you said, others dress in a more distinguish manner (and yes, more fashionable) take Mathilde or Maxima when on meetings or delegations abroad (not talking here about Opera or Theather or Gala Dinners since Maxima is a little bit "too much" in that chapter), but when in business trips they go decents, impeccables, fashionables still not boring with a good cut clothes and good fabrics, accesories etc; and without stopping being princess and represent very decently their countries, she's above all the Princes of Asturias, the royalty is also about glamour and fashion as silly as may sound, the fact that someone dress poorly doesn't means they job is better or viceversa; so I'll rather will take the time to mix and match some of my best clothes because I'm going to a country for the first time as a Princess, representing Spain and the Royal Family; she's not the only princess doing her job here, other's have meetings even w/ the UN by themselves, and they managed to go in a "more royal" way; Letizia is not a corporate executive not a politician (and even they dress better) but the Princess of Asturias. Just my opinion.

BTW. For example, I can picture her leaving the plane at the arrival with a suit like the one she wore on the engagement day (the Armani one), and I don't mean it has to be an Armani but the same kind of cut and fabric, withouth a shirt inside, in a pastel color (peach, blue, even red), with a nice pin with matching earrings, a nice hairdo (to avoid the wind and the hair on her face) and a pair of closed pumps and a matching purse, she has beautiful matching sets on that department, not with the kind of sandals/espadrilles she used that day, nothing fancy, nothing to break the bank about, but with much more class and definitely much more elegant, in case someone may think I want her to dress on expensive designers only. That's only one example as she can be really well dress, in a kind of "executive" way but still as a Princess.

As you say, all CPs recycle their clothes but some probably do so more than others because they have a more hectic schedule. I am relatively new in this forum but it seems that both Felipe and Letizia are indeed one of the most hardworking CPs - the fact that the Felipe & Letizia thread is now at Part 37 proves that. So, it's fine with me if Letizia recycles her clothes once too often....of course there's also the budget restrain factor if she doesn't have a very big budget for clothing to work with then she's bound to have to recycle her clother more than the other CPs. Last but not least, I have noticed that Letizia seems to have lost a lot of weight since giving birth to Leonor. She now looks even thinner to me than pre-wedding so it's highly probable that many of her previous clothes don't fit her any more....

lula said:

(...)

What a nice detail ! it's a so kind and diplomatic way to thank for a this kind of gift. When I saw this dress I was immediatly thinking it's a chinese pattern, but I can't imagine that this dress was mad with material gift from the wife of President of China.

First in doing like that it's the proof that the Princess take a lot of care to her wardrobe according her agenda, then with a so kind attention it's also the proof that Letizia is totally able to manage her way of dress by herself whithout to have a lot of staff to decide which kind of shoes she has to wear with so or so dress.

Once again whithout doing quarrel, I read that Letizia has make a mistake in wearing "espadrilles" at her arrival to shangaï to go out of the plane, but question:When they arrived in China, Are they received as Chiefs of State by the president of China or are they received as Princes of Asturia for an economic and cultural mission ?

We can say a lot of things about the way to dress of the Princess of Asturias and we do, butsometimes we can to do a little more objective and notice that Letizia pay a lot attention at her wardrobe. When, for instance, in the same day she has to visit an hospital for minus valid personnes, after a fabric and the evening she had a gala, the all very far away of Madrid, we could saw her, the morning in a freshy spring and beatiful dress and for the evening in an absolutly stuning coktail.

For this trip in China, Letizia was repeat one outfit, these wore during the Pope 's visit and a coktail dress, the violin one; for the else, she wore a white new outfit with a new cut ( which fits to her very well ) plus, this new coktail dress at chinese'fashion.

Is anybody inside the detractor team of the Princess 's wardrobe has mad the average between the number of official acts that the Princess has to assume and the number of clothes that she can used ? May be an interesting operation ? isen't it ?:p

Letizia was wonderful with this dress, a very good election and a good detail for the Chinese president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom