Prince & Princess of Asturias's Official Visit to China: July 12-14, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getty finally has some pictures of the China visit. Hopefully more will be up soon :). (From Getty Images):

Attachments

• Letizia 25.jpg
    Letizia 25.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Letizia 24.jpg
    Letizia 24.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Letizia 20.jpg
    Letizia 20.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Letizia 21.jpg
    Letizia 21.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 194
  • Letizia 22.jpg
    Letizia 22.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 201
  • Letizia 23.jpg
    Letizia 23.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 191
Cervantes institute access road to Ibero-America for China Prince de Asturias presented/displayed today in Beijing to the Cervantes Institute like one of the routes of access from China to Ibero-America. Don Felipe and its wife Doña Letizia today presided over the inauguration of the new seat of the Cervantes Institute, the greater one of the 58 than it has the institution in 38 countries, accompanied by the minister of Outer Subjects, Miguel Moratinos Angel, that announced the opening of a new center the next year in Shanghai, the economic motor of China. The Prince, in his intervention in the inauguration act, stood out once again - since he comes doing since he arrived at China for two days Spain, in this occasion with the Cervantes Institute, has been the route by Chinese which can accede to Ibero-America. ' Véanlo- said like the great light that illuminates the way towards an exciting one, rich and enormous region of the world, Ibero-America, that with all its diversity is united by a history and by a language and one it will culturá that they have political and economic transcendencia from governments and civil society ' towards an authentic community of naciones'. Don Felipe remembered that the Spanish speaks it more than 400 million people and who are the second language of international communication. After assuring, as also Moratinos did and the director of the Cervantes Institute, Caesar Antonio Molina, that the establishment of new seats of the institution in Asia has high-priority character for Spain, emphasized that Beijing is ' a neuralgic point in the Asian map and mundial'. The Prince indicated that the Spanish language and the culture could not be absent in a while crucial in which this country watches the world and that will welcome the Olympic Games in 2008 (the Beijing), the Exhibition the International in 2010 (Shanghai) and will celebrate in 2007 the Year of Spain in China, in which Molina also agreed. As much Don Felipe as the Spanish Secretary of State requested that it is opened the sooner in Madrid the Chinese Cultural Center to present a language that speaks a fifth part of the humanity. Any person, commented the Prince, who dominates the Spanish and the official held in low esteem will be able to communicate with a third of the humanity. This it is the first institute in China that has a directed foreign country only by own personnel, since Germany has other integrated in a university and France the one more with a presidency shared with the country host. The act counted on the presence of the minister of Culture of China, Sun Jiazheng, for that the new center represents a new profit in the strategic relations of integration between China and Spain, symbolizes a bow of union between the two cultures and demonstrates the interest of both by a communication that glimpses a great future. In opinion of Sun, thanks to the reform policy and opening, China counts on the opportunity to learn of the foreign countries for the enrichment of the nation. Moratinos and Molina emphasized the great expansion of the Spanish in China, where at the present time it is distributed in 20 centers as degree or studies of postdegree and begins to introduce in secondary education. The minister aimed in addition who the next month of October will start up a television channel in Spanish. The new seat of the Cervantes Institute, in the heart of Beijing, is located in I build of six plants, in 3.000 square meters and has 20 classrooms, assembly hall, exhibition hall and one library with the name of Antonio Machado. In this one last one, that contains more than 20,000 volumes, the president of the Foundation Antonio Machado, Manuel Núñez Encabo read before the Princes two poems of ' Soledades', and their translator, the Chinese Zhao Zhenjiang, other two in his maternal language. Previously, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia discovered a commemorative plaque in the exhibition hall that the sample gathers ' Labyrinth of Museos', in that are represented 16 Spanish pinacotecas of contemporary art. In the occasion of the inauguration, it has been published a new edition of ' the Quijoté in Chinese made by Don Yansheng, and an important fan of cultural acts. To their arrival to the new seat, the Princes were flattered with the ' Dance of leones', a colorista dance with which he is desired prosperity and luck and is a sample of solidarity between the nations

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/instituto_cervantes_iberoamerica_china_984309.htm

Pics Instituto Cervantes Inaguration

From Getty, and AFP

Just one think.
I don´t understand why she not has been cut her hair yet. With long hair her face seems to be more thin, without light without expression.
See the diferences. ( Souce AFP, Getty, Deadline)
Long Hair 1
Long Hair 2
Curt Hair 1
Curt Hair 2

Attachments

• China 8.jpg
    China 8.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 286
  • China 9.jpg
    China 9.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 187
  • China 10.jpg
    China 10.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 258
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for sharing the pictures and news.:) Great Work!

I'm sorry to hear that they won't have time to do some sightseeing. They would deserve to take a time alone to rest and make tourism but I think who planned this trip knows better than me :eek:. I agree with purple Brasil's trip seemed better planned, that or brasilian people with their ways transformed a plain trip into a memorable trip.;) (schhhhh, no wonder she got pregnant ihihihihih)

LaChicaMadrilena said:
She looks lovely! Is it the same outfit as the one from Valencia?

Yes, I believe so. I think Letizia decided not to wear new outfits in these last activities before going on hollidays. I bet she'll delight us with new outfits in her reentré to work. I also think she chose outfits with special meaning to her. She definetly looks wonderful with this last one.

Thank you once again :)!

Regards,
mtbcm

Sorry mtbcm,i don;t agree with your comments about her choosing of dresses.China is an important country.she should have wear something new.
but maybe what is really important for her is spanish people's opinion about her not other nation's.as far as spanish people are satisfied with her way of dressing and recycling or repeating,my idea doesn't matter.
but IMO it was a very boring trip for us. i hope it was a successful one for spain economy and culture.

well I think she must have lots of beautiful dresses, althougth she has wear them in other ocassions!But I think she should wear some new clothes in this trip even once!

She take something new; so spoken white suit of her arrival. This trip was not for the gallery, was simply one travels fast to inaugurate the institute and related to the economy. The princess said that did not give time them to be visiting other important places, that another day will be.:)

yes , that i agree. She should recicle but so many time and in very fewe time i don't agree very mucht. But in the end is funy, many contry made complaines becuse the princess sepend many money in close, but in spain they complaine because she repeat many time her clothe. Sometimes i belive she don't have time to made new ones, or time for they stay wredy for the ocasion.... i belive no other princess have so many engagements like Letizia have, but iven like that i belive she can change a litle more, maibe if she have help... i can help...eh eh eh eh.

Yes, Letizia has acts much more and she does not have long time to go of shopping. In addition if take something new.

CRIS said:
She take something new; so spoken white suit of her arrival. This trip was not for the gallery, was simply one travels fast to inaugurate the institute and related to the economy. The princess said that did not give time them to be visiting other important places, that another day will be.:)

Everyone perspectives and expectatives are different, when there is a princess coming to a country the people and the royal watchers like us, can expect different things to happen. It doesnt really matter for me if she recycles or not her clothes. I was expecting to see her dressed in another style, but it was just my wish and it is ok if it didnt happen like that. whatever she does and she uses, she is representing spain while doing it, so im sure she had and have people who advise them on this kind of things. If someone expressed her wish to see her differently, not because what she wore was wrong, but just based on their own views, there is nothing wrong with it. As you can remember, they are in China for multiple purposes, but in all of them they are not representing a single spanish company but the royal house and the country. So one can expect to see her more regal. That is my point.

Last edited:
no,i don't think it's a matter of time or help.maybe it's a matter of money,but again i think she is trying to send a message to spaniards. but my point is she is a princess not the wife of an ambassidor or prime minester.
she should show some of her country by her way of dressing.
again as long as spaniard are satisfies with her, it is ok for me too.
as she likes we focuse on her job not her appearance,although it's pitty she is such a beatiful and educated woman.

micas said:
yes , that i agree. She should recicle but so many time and in very fewe time i don't agree very mucht. But in the end is funy, many contry made complaines becuse the princess sepend many money in close, but in spain they complaine because she repeat many time her clothe. Sometimes i belive she don't have time to made new ones, or time for they stay wredy for the ocasion.... i belive no other princess have so many engagements like Letizia have, but iven like that i belive she can change a litle more, maibe if she have help... i can help...eh eh eh eh.
Me too!!!:D:D:D Anyway, I think it's better to be critisized for recicling clothes than for spending too much money (from citizens taxes, we have to add) on fashion, especialy when there are people in the country who are poor or unemployed (hello Rania!) imo.

Images from polfoto

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 199
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 267
  • xin_2de6272d97e54e17b9443ff64590a4a0.jpg
    xin_2de6272d97e54e17b9443ff64590a4a0.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 295
aryo said:
Sorry mtbcm,i don;t agree with your comments about her choosing of dresses.China is an important country.
Dear aryo,

In don’t know from which part of my comment you took the idea I don’t consider China an important country. I dedicate myself in learning a lot of Chinese culture and customs. Even if China wasn’t the Economical Giant it is, only their traditions and customs, that make me dream and travel without leaving my small country by Altlantic Ocean, would be enough to consider China a Giant:eek: .

aryo said:
my idea doesn't matter.
Every idea matters!!!
If it didn’t matter Princes of Asturias wouldn’t be travelling all over the world, supporting with their presencethe inauguration of Cervantes Institutes. If it didn’t matter Prince Felipe could have travelled alone and Letizia could stay home resting after so intense activity she has been developing since Leonor’s birth.
With their presence they aim to show the Spanish crown support to Spanish culture having Cervantes Institutes spread all over the world, besides the economical and politic initiatives they might have developed in China.

aryo said:
i hope it was a successful one for spain economy and culture.
I hope so too. Cervantes Institutes are way too big and important to be ruined by Letizia outfits choices.

Elsa M. said:
Ariel, don't forget that "20 minutos" is not properly the epitome of serious journalism... that's the same "light" writing style we have in yellow magazines, if you want my opinion.

Agree!

But they had photo show illustrating the article, under the title El ropero de Dona Letizia/Dona Letizia Wardrobe and I couldn't help making a slideshow with it. I wouldn't say that these are her best outfits ever but some of these pictures made me remember precious moments lived with the Princes of Asturias :).

Enjoy :)!
mtbcm

In my opinion, a princess does not represent to her country for the way she dresses. It is not my intention to make comparisons, but, I believe that Rania does not represent the Jordan people, and neither it was represented by the Queen Noor. Jordan, does not look like the image that we have of Rania.
(It´s just a Example)

I agree with the people who thinks that Letizia wants to give a message to the Spanish People. Letizia is a simple woman, with a style and I suppose that she wants to say to us that, which is simple, that to be Princess is not to dress as a princess , is to work as a future Queen, to devote herself day after day to her country, to do a detailed, meticulous work...
The appearance matters little, certainly Letizia has a correct, elegant, agreeable image and with it its sufficient

I believe that the majority of the people has a false image of what is the monarchy.

Princess of Asturias does not have to be, like other Crown Princess, a fashion model. Princess of Asturias is important by herself, she does not need to use big hats, gorgeous dresses to emphasize.
Some people in this forum, and I respect it, watch only the dress of the Princess. In my case, I watch something more...her WORK.

fanletizia said:
Princess of Asturias does not have to be, like other Crown Princess, a fashion model. Princess of Asturias is important by herself, she does not need to use big hats, gorgeous dresses to emphasize.
Some people in this forum, and I respect it, watch only the dress of the Princess. In my case, I watch something more...her WORK.

I agree with you that her work is more important than her looks, the clothes she uses and so on. In fact, nowdays the role of royalty has evolved a lot if we compare them to what it was in the past. Each european monarchy has a role in their country according to what the goverments expect from them to do. As we can agree, Felipe and Letizia has a very chalanging job to create their own place and to win (if that is possible) the approval of the spanish people. I am sure they know this better than us and all the steps they are doing is part of this plan (if we can call it like this) to gain their position in that society for their merits and not just because of the sucession law. We probably can agree with all this.

I just think that she can have chosen different outfits and when i say this, i dont mean to say new ones nor that she would have chosen chanel (like the queen or Elena would have chosen probably) but a more classic and elegant look. The fact is that each of us have their own views about fashion and about dressing styles, so if it is ok for all of you, then it is ok for me.

Last edited:
aryo said:
Sorry mtbcm,i don;t agree with your comments about her choosing of dresses.China is an important country.she should have wear something new.
but maybe what is really important for her is spanish people's opinion about her not other nation's.as far as spanish people are satisfied with her way of dressing and recycling or repeating,my idea doesn't matter.
but IMO it was a very boring trip for us. i hope it was a successful one for spain economy and culture.
I totally agree. Boring outfits, boring pictures, boring hairdo, boring trip! She did not look her best. She looked tired and so did he. Her hair seemed very plain, and her choice of clothing also very plain. I am quite disappointed. This is, however, my opinion ONLY!!!!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1637/pelolargo1we.jpg

I think she looks good with long hair, but maybe the above is a bad picture. She looks too thin...

I know that people hope that she takes something new and to see pretty images; but single I am saying that seeing the trip I believe that that was not the type of trip. On which she is not the wife of the ambassador and must get dressed like princess; but that is the style that she takes. On money or time question; nobody knows it; single that until now that has been her style in dressing.

On repeating clothes I believe that if did not have so many acts would repeat less. But she already has her style, simple and simultaneously elegant. For my she always sees beauty and very happy with his paper of princess.

But also to say that her objective is not to be most elegant of the princess; but to support to her husband in everything; so that when the day arrives that becomes the king.

It would enchant to me that she had acts single; I do not say that no; but it seems that the real house does not want that of all protagonism in her; they want to promote them like a couple, an equipment.

It will be necessary to wait for more ahead if this changes something.

I totally agree with you Paty,Letizia must to cut her hair soon.
Has changed the metabolism of Letizia after the pregnancy and she can´t get fat… is evident she is thinner and would favor to her the short hair so I can´t either understand why her hair hasn´t been cut still.

Lauritas138 said:
I totally agree with you Paty,Letizia must to cut her hair soon.
I agree it is too long on her small frame when she wears it down, but I think she has a lovely, professional look when she wears it pulled back or in an up do. If she is going to wear it down, I also think she needs to cut it. Do you like it pulled back?

Ariel said:
I agree with you that her work is more important than her looks, the clothes she uses and so on. In fact, nowdays the role of royalty has evolved a lot if we compare them to what it was in the past. Each european monarchy has a role in their country according to what the goverments expect from them to do. As we can agree, Felipe and Letizia has a very chalanging job to create their own place and to win (if that is possible) the approval of the spanish people. I am sure they know this better than us and all the steps they are doing is part of this plan (if we can call it like this) to gain their position in that society for their merits and not just because of the sucession law. We probably can agree with all this.

I just dont see why the suggestion that she can have chosen different outfits and when i say this, i dont mean to say new ones nor that she would have chosen chanel (like the queen or Elena would have chosen probably) but a more classic and elegant look. The fact is that each of us have their own views about fashion and about dressing styles, so if it is ok for all of you, then it is ok for me.

I agree with this post. I am not superficial enough to think that clothes are more important than the things one does in life....far from it. At the same time, it is naive to think that clothes do not contribute to an overall image. In my opinion she needs to add classic, well made pieces to her wardrobe to match the serious intent of her actions. I think her clothes often look non-substantive, flimsy even, and don't help her image. She is very lucky to have a mother-in-law who not only looks perfect for her role but is one of the most effective queens in Europe, in my opinion. It would be nice if Letizia took some clothes advice from her.

We all know that Letizia is always very slim, but I do think that the fact that now she is a mom and probably busy with Leonor, is taking a toll on her body, not to mention all the official acts that she has to go to.

I'm sure she is going to look great at the end of August when she's had time to relax and will have a pretty tan.

Hello again!

I have returned, firstly thanks to all that have put information about the visit of the Pope, the dinner of abc and this trip to China.

I have read one a bit above the forum, and wants to comment on some things (though it should go late).

This trip to China is a commercial and cultural trip, to be present at a few concrete activities. They do not go with any company, but with the Institute of trade of Spain, which it represents to all the Spanish companies, and are present at the inauguration of the Institute Cervantes. I believe that it is different from other types of trips of State or Official, where one comes invited by the country host.
I believe that the Princes are going to China to work with the Spanish companies and with the Spanish culture, and they want to centre on it. It is true that might give more images of " facing the gallery ", in order that the pink press was obtaining many images, but they have preferred that it is not like that, and to appear in the sections of economy and culture better than in the magazines. The tourist activities have left them (I believe that temporarily), and though to certain press likes them this images, the certain thing is that to the citizens don´t like that their representatives spend their money in doing tourism. I believe, that the Princes are now very careful with these topics, because they have a lot of pressure and atention centred on they. Because of it is better than centre in the work.

The Prince already did a visit to China in 2000. The countries organize their visits of a certain way. Probably already he did a visit of this type in that occasion and it does not think that they have to repeat. The Prince has travelled very much, and when he repeats visits to countries for concrete acts, the visits are organized otherwise. Besides, the visit of the Princes to China has been only two days, they have done the principal thing that they had to do. They had to travel also to Israel in the next days, and this travel has been cancelled last week.

FROM TERRA

Spain Crown Prince Felipe and his wife Princess Letizia in the Spanish Cultura Cervantes Institute for its inauguration

Spain Crown Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia with China Prime Minister Wen Jiabao on Friday 14 July 2006 in Beijing.

The princes of Asturias were present today at the representation of the spectacle of the Spanish company of dance Gelabert Azopardi

The princes of Asturias greet the vice-president of the Republic of China, Zeng Qinhong, today in the Palace of the People.

Attachments

• 72082e63ac034g.jpg
    72082e63ac034g.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 72082e63aca02g.jpg
    72082e63aca02g.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 262
  • 72082e63b34b3g.jpg
    72082e63b34b3g.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 72082e63c4a77g.jpg
    72082e63c4a77g.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 306
  • 72082e63d2b1dg.jpg
    72082e63d2b1dg.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 338
  • 72082e644a614g.jpg
    72082e644a614g.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 72082e6367af8g.jpg
    72082e6367af8g.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 72082e645024bg.jpg
    72082e645024bg.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 72082e6450182g.jpg
    72082e6450182g.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 72082e6464126g.jpg
    72082e6464126g.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
I like much that white dress with red flowers. Peculiarly these two colors are those that more favor the princess. Very good election!
I would like to see those sandals more clearly… it´s seems pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom