The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Nobility

thanks for the pictures.... it is such a pleasure see them... I like a lot the white outfit... and the dress I loved it the first time and now to... Great gesture that the prince condemn the atacks

Old 07-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Courtier

Did they travel in a commercial airline or a private plane? Letizia looks beautiful in white!!

Old 07-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
Did they travel in a commercial airline or a private plane?
In a Spain Armed Forces Plane.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Hola has the same photos as Terra, so I'm just putting the article...

http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasre...7-2006%2013:02

The royal visit to China (the second one for Don Felipe, who had already travelled to this country in 2000, and the first of his wife) began today in the evening (Spanish hour), in the airport of Pudong, Shanghai, where the Princes were received by the ambassador of Spain, Jose P. Sebastián de Erice and other representatives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Although this trip to the Asian country responds to the invitation made two years ago by the Chinese president, the Princes won't meet Hu Jintao, since the head of the executive is attending the G-8 assembly, in Russia, this weekend.

Tomorrow, Thursday, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will inaugurate, along with the minister of Foreign Affairs, the Forum of Investments and Hispanic-Chinese Enterprise Cooperation, which is one of the most important forums organized by Spain.

After attending this enterprise meeting, the Princes of Asturias shall visit the Chinese School of European Entreprise (CEIBS), which aims to be one of the most important schools in Asia.

Once this stay in Shanghai is concluded, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia will travel to Beijing, in order to have dinner with the representatives of the most important companies of the country, in a hotel of the capital.

Finally, the activities of Friday will start for Don Felipe and Doña Letizia with the inauguration of the headquarters of the Cervantes Institute in the Chinese capital, destined to become a true motor for the projection of the Spanish language and culture in China. This is the greatest Cervantes Institute in the world, with 23 classrooms and one library with more than 20 000 books, which will be named after Antonio Machado.

This way, the Crown tries to support the cultural, political and economic interchanges of Spain with the Asian giant; a country, which is the most populated in the world (with 1 300 million inhabitants) and the fourth world-wide economic power.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

Does anybody know if, after this visit to China, the princes will start their summer vacation or will they have more acts this month?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Nobility

I think that they have to work at least another week
Old 07-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldt20
Does anybody know if, after this visit to China, the princes will start their summer vacation or will they have more acts this month?
Felipe (we don't know if with or without Letizia) will go to Peru on July 28th.

Note fanletizia's post:
Prince Felipe, Current Events Part 5: March - December 2006

Old 07-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

I love the dress...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1152713742
Old 07-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
Me too and the too kind way of Felipe's taking of Letizia, both so young but protective.

Even this trip is very hard because it's busy in a shorter time, it will be very instructive and changing the scene for them. As I think that Letizia didn't lost quiet all her journalist reflexes, she could to be a good observator during those few days and to help her husband to sumerize this trip. Good job, I'm sure :)
Old 07-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Nobility

Isn't the white color a color of mourning in China or this apply only to Japan?.

I'm a little bit confused, honestly.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Yesss he's always so protective like "you're mine" but in a good way you know not like a possive "you're mine".. more like am so lucky to have you.. :p
Old 07-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
Isn't the white color a color of mourning in China or this apply only to Japan?.

I'm a little bit confused, honestly.
Yes, you are right. White is a color of mourning in Chinese culture.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty
New Institute Cervantes in Pekin.

Source, Europa Press. Pic Instituto Cervantes

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/2700/pekin8eu.jpg
The Princess of Asturias in her red top/white pant suit combo and the Chinese children in their red scarves/white top combos appear to be colour cordinating with the red/white logo of the Instituto Cervantes Pekin logo.
Talk about detail!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati
The Princess of Asturias in her red top/white pant suit combo and the Chinese children in their red scarves/white top combos appear to be colour cordinating with the red/white logo of the Instituto Cervantes Pekin logo.
Talk about detail!
ha ha! great observation there Nati!

although i must say, Letizia's choice of outfit mustn't be given any other meaning, y'know. she may not be aware that white is the color of mourning for the Chinese and it's forgiveable. plus, the kids who gave the flowers were also wearing white shirts.

they looked good! loved Letizia's outfit. i missed the news about it because i slept through the TVE newscast. darn it!:o :p
Old 07-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Nobility

I guess the protocol staff is aware but.... is forgiveable.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Nobility

Even though white is the color of mourning in China, lots of Chinese wearing white day to day. Just like lots of Americans wear black even though that's the color of mourning in American tradition.

I'm more amazed by the fact that Felipe and Letizia could wear a jacket outdoor in July in China. Summer is hot and humid in China, especially in Shanghai. This is the first time i see Felipe get a bouquet. :)

Letizia's dress has a very strong Asian influence to it with the wide waist band. It's lovely and appropriate for the occasion.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpriestess
This is the first time i see Felipe get a bouquet. :)
... and the pink one at that He did look a bit awkward with it. That must have been meant for his wife and the green one was for him. That would have matched his tie much better :)
Old 07-13-2006, 12:38 AM
Aristocracy

I think Letizia would look really good in a red qipao (other asians, please feel free to help with a translation here). She has the body for it, and it would be a nice gift for her to get whilst in China, no?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Heir Apparent

One question: is it appropiate to wear white in China?
As far as I know it's the color that represent death and it's used in funerals in the Eastern Cultures, is China amongst them?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlusBelle
I think Letizia would look really good in a red qipao (other asians, please feel free to help with a translation here). She has the body for it, and it would be a nice gift for her to get whilst in China, no?
is it similar to the cheongsam?