Prince & Princess of Asturias's Official Visit to Bulgaria: February 9-10, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia looks stuning, the skirt it is so beautiful, and Felipe looks like so in love husband

Princes on the verge of snow

DON FELIPE and DOÑA LETIZIA RETURN To MADRID AFTER THEIR STAY OF 24 HOURS IN BULGARIA

Only 24 hours. The first trip of princess Letizia outside Spain after the birth of its daughter is solely separated a day of infant Leonor. She will not be thus always and the princess, and recent mother, will not have more remedy than to get used to leaving to the small one the care of other people.
The Princes arrived at the Bulgarian capital, that received snow cover to them, the past Thursday to three of afternoon and yesterday, to that same hour, undertook flight from return to Madrid. A trip lightning in which, following the tonic of his last displacements, there has been nor no a single concession to the gallery. The main reason was the inauguration of the new seat of the Cervantes Institute, a task that prince Felipe has entrusted by the Government and who has fulfilled in ten occasions, last the six, in Budapest, São Paulo, Stockholm, the Prague, Belgrade and Sofía - which they have taken place after his wedding -, accompanied by princess Letizia. The one of Sofía it also had a symbolic character by the active participation of the Bulgarian authorities, since the president, prime minister and other high positions were present in the inauguration of the building recovered for the cultural life after being during the years of the cold war the seat of the embassy of the United States.

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060211/51233270589.html

Felipe de Borbón says in Sofía that the languages of Spain reflect their cultural variety

The Prince emphasized that the Cervantes will allow the Bulgarians to know its country and its language better, that is spoken in 20 countries and that are growing "like vehicle of international communication". He also had words for the sefardíes, that arrived here from Spain at the end of century XV and which they have been one of the nuclei that have contributed more to the diffusion of the Spanish in Bulgaria. The president of the Balkan country also took part in the act to emphasize that the Institute "makes reality a dream that has been having generations of Bulgarians for decades by the magic of the language and the Spanish culture". Parvanov specially in the last said that this first visit from Princes de Asturias to Bulgaria "is an eloquent test of intense and fruitful relations" between both countries, years.

http://www.nortecastilla.es/pg060211/prensa/noticias/Cultura/200602/11/VAL-CUL-232.html

these are probably repeating, but with bigger size & without watermark

from Corbis

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg060211/prensa/noticias/Nacional/Nacional/200602/11/NAC-NAC-022.asp

Under the presidency of TRH the Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, and the president of Bulgaria, Guorgui Parvanov, the Institute Cervantes of Sofía (the greatest one in the Southeast of Europe) was inaugurated yesterday.

In his speech, the Prince emphasized that the Cervantes Institute "is going to sail with good winds and favourable currents, thanks to the affection of the Bulgarians towards the Spanish people", which is evident in "the great esteem that exists in the Bulgarian society towards our language". Don Felipe emphasised that "this visit allows us to satisfy our long time yearning to know a country for which I have always felt great curiosity and affection". Proof of it is the good relation of the two royal families and, yesterday, the Prince had breakfast with Simeon of Bulgaria.

On the other hand, the Bulgarian president specifically thanked "all the Spanish Royal Family for contributing to foment the Spanish language and culture" in Bulgaria.

At the front door of the Bulgarian Cervantes Institute, numerous people faced the cold and the snow to see Don Felipe and Doña Letizia (who, indifferent to the low temperatures, was wearing a brown skirt and open shoes by the sides, with the usual high heels).

But the most commented thing of the day he was lapsus made by the director of the Cervantes Institute, César Antonio Molina, who, during his speech, announced the "intention to support the Hungarian Hispanism, with all means", which left the Bulgarian Spanish scholars completely agape.

what an adorable couple...

nlqw3p.jpg

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and his wife Princess Letizia wave to the crowd during the official opening of the Cervantes Institute in Sofia , Bulgaria , Friday 10 February 2006. The Spanish Royal couple arrived for a two-day visit to Bulgaria.
EPA - c dpa http://www.volkskrant.nl/sport/article216289.ece

Aren't they cute?... They have the same smile! :)

A short but nice trip. The photos of them during this week are extremly cute :eek: I liked best how happy Felipe appears to have his Letizia back with him again. And of course Letizia... just wonderful ;) Now Leonor certainly is glad to have her parents back at home.

Thank you all for posting the pictures!

Anna_R said:
The pictures from the last few days get a little thought in my mind that just won't go away... *video, video, video*:p

:D :D :D

What a nice job they did in this trip.

One can see how pleased Felipe is for having his wife beside him but I can not stop thinking how dificult this first trip abroad must have been for Letizia who left her little Princess for the first time.

But she made it and now they must be filling their daughter with kisses and caresses.

Welcome back Your Highnesses.

Thank you all for bringing all the updates and photos of this memorable trip.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Great photos, thank you. I like a lot the photo with king Simeon

They are a very cute couple and are very in love . It´s beautiful to see how see each other and how happy are to stay together in the official acts. This trip is the first for Letizia after the birth of Leonor and for her will be very difficult separate from Leonor.

Lunalu said:
great shoes btw (even if i fear she was freezing !) (pic originally posted by lula, too!)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=227422&d=1139598850

I have to give Leti a big 2 thumbs-up! She always managed to look great in those pointy high-heels. I bought one because I saw how great she is when she's wearing heels. I ended up getting blisters on my toes!! It was horrible. I wonder how she can wear the heels standing and walking for hours. The pointy shape always hurts..

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia203.htm

In Bulgaria, Felipe and Letizia (whose clothes were all made by Felipe Varela) have spent hardly 24 hours, during which they have fulfilled a short but intense program.
The Princess, a great lover of letters, enjoyed her meeting with the Mexican writer Sergio Pitol (Cervantes Prize 2005), whose name was given to the library of this institution in Sofia. Letizia interchanged some words with the author and listened to fragments of his work that Pitol himself read especially for the couple.

Princess Letizia dazzled with her glance and her smile and, at this occasion, she didn’t even resign to wearing skirt and high heels, despite the fact that, after the Cervantes inauguration, a floral offering outdoors was waiting for them. It took place before the Monument to the Unknown Soldier, with the streets of Sofia covered with snow and temperatures below zero. While Felipe prayed before the monument, Letizia calmly waited in the cold, with a set of embroidered skirt and brown jersey, matching shoes of crocodile pattern and a beige overcoat.

The fact that Letizia chose Bulgaria as her first official trip abroad after the maternity leave owes to the circumstance that her baby is already three months and a half and to the good relations between both countries. In addition, the Princess was always interested in culture; she has supported the expansion of the Cervantes Institutes and of the Spanish culture since the very beginning.

The Institute of Sofia is located in the downtown, in a building where the embassy of the U.S.A. was placed during the cold war. There were other organisms interested in it, but Simeon of Bulgaria supported the project of hosting the Cervantes Institute, due to the good relationship of ex-prime minister and Spain, where he has lived during many years and where some of his children are still living and maintaining a good relationship with the Royal Family.

Felipe and Letizia visited Simeon and his wife in their residence for a private breakfast, who travelled afterwards to Turin, in order to promote the Bulgarian candidacy to the Winter Games of 2014.

Last edited:
ok, I think she is very beautiful, she doesn't need to put too much on to look stunninig

catango said:
ok, I think she is very beautiful, she doesn't need to put too much on to look stunninig

I couldn't agree more..;)

What always stands out of the Princess is its face, so calm, and pretty, it does not concern the clothes that are put.

That's a really beautiful picture of the Princess!

Letizia every day is more beautiful, the maternity feels her very well...:)

purple_platinum said:
beautiful Letizia...

(from DPA)

Such a serene expression... Thank you Purple_platinum for sharing :) .

Regards,
mtbcm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom