Prince & Princess of Asturias Visit to the United States: November 13-19, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Prince & Princess of Asturias visit to the United States: November 2013

Dinner with Their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Asturias
Information

Miami Book Fair

We are excited to announce that Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia of Spain will be joining us for the Book Fair's official inauguration ceremony on Sunday, November 17th, 5:30pm at the Olympia Theater at Gusman Center.

https://www.facebook.com/MiamiBookFair

XVIII US SPAIN COUNCIL FORUM (2013)

Santa Barbara, CA
November 15-17, 2013

The U.S. delegation will include Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Robert Menendez, Senator Tim Kaine, House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce, United States Trade Representative Michael Froman, Deputy Secretary of Energy Daniel Poneman and other top Obama Administration officials. The Spanish delegation will be headed by the Prince of Asturias, Foreign Affairs Minister José García-Margallo, Industry Minister José Soria, Infrastructure Minister Ana Pastor and Secretary of State for Trade Jaime Garcia-Legaz.

US-Spain Council

Last edited by a moderator:
Lula, any confirmation when the visit will start and how long it is for?

We should know more during the week when Casa Real is updated.

Official Trip to California and Florida
California and Florida (USA), 13.11.2013 / 19.11.2013

Their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Asturias will made ​​an official visit to California and Florida, they will be accompanied by Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, José Manuel García-Margallo, and will serve to contribute to the further strengthening of bilateral political, economic and cultural relations.

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Viaje Oficial a California y Florida

Traductor de Google

PROVISIONAL AGENDA

Trip to California and Florida to commemorate the third centenary of Father Junipero Serra, founder of the California missions, and fifth in the discovery of Florida by Juan Ponce de León.

California - 13 to 16 November

Wednesday 13

Visit to Monterey County and Carmel Mission, where Fray Junipero Serra is buried

Thursday 14

Silicon Valley

Meeting with the Hispanic IT Executive Council (HITEC)

Meeting with Spanish entrepreneurs

Launch of an application of Google Maps USA on Spanish legacy in the U.S.

Visit to Stanford University

Los Angeles

Meeting with Los Angeles Mayor, Eric Garcetti

Reception hosted by the U.S. ambassador in Spain, James Costos

Friday 15

Los Angeles

Visit to Los Angeles Times

Visit to the production plant of the Spanish company Grifols

Opening of the Spain-USA Forum, Santa Barbara

Saturday 16

Visit to the exhibition "Fray Junipero Serra and the Legacy of the Missions of California" in the Huntington Library

Miami (Florida) - 17 to 19 November

Sunday 17

Opening of the Miami Book Fair

Monday 18

Visit to Univision television network

Meeting with the Governor of Florida

Dinner hosted by the Spain-Florida Foundation

Tuesday 19

Economic conference

Visit to Bilingual School Coral Way K8

Visit to the exhibition "Tapas: Spanish Design for Food"

http://www.larazon.es/detalle_norma...azos-desde-una-espana-que-avanza#.Un_tKnBWxac

El Prncipe defender en EE.UU. la nueva Espaa que vencer la crisis - ABC.es

Provisional program with more information and time

Los Príncipes de Asturias estarán en California y Florida - MiamiDiario.com

Traductor de Google

Last edited by a moderator:
Why they make a Ceremony Official Farewell at Barajas Airport? I don't know it seams so weird...and they stand a few minutes looking at what? the airplane?? And also do they travel in a normal plane or it was a private trip just for them? Thank you,

Last edited:
The farewell is only done on state and important official trips, is an act with authorities and there is a military salute and the national anthem plays. They fly in an airplane of the Spanish Air Force, the Spanish army has several aircraft to transport authorities.

With them travels also Foreign Affairs Minister, U.S. Ambassador in Spain and other politicians and authorities.

It would be impossible to do this trip in 1 week in normal flight, because in the United States they are going to have several flights between cities and long distances. Even the Spanish press has asked to be allowed to fly on the plane in those internal displacement because it was very difficult to keep all the acts.

Casa de S.M. el Rey / Borja Fotógrafos

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Lista...Y_F-ES-127526/20131113_llegad_monterrey_1.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Lista...ORNIA_Y_F-ES-127526/20131113_la_mision_01.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Lista...ORNIA_Y_F-ES-127526/20131113_la_mision_02.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Lista...ORNIA_Y_F-ES-127526/20131113_la_mision_03.jpg

BelgaPicture - Category details

Terra Mobile España

Letizia d'Espagne : Chic et sobre en visite sur les terres de Clint Eastwood

Video

TV VIDEOS ONLINE - Los Príncipes rinden homenaje al evangelizador de California - ANTENA 3 TV

Last edited:
Alert-shameless advertising for my home state. ;)
The mission in Carmel is truly lovely and the surrounding area has some of the best of California's natural beauty. The California Central Coast is spectacular and real change from the urban sprawl found in SoCal and the Bay Area IMVHO.
I'm glad to see that the Asturias have the chance to visit this historic site.

Alert-shameless advertising for my home state. ;)
The mission in Carmel is truly lovely and the surrounding area has some of the best of California's natural beauty. The California Central Coast is spectacular and real change from the urban sprawl found in SoCal and the Bay Area IMVHO.
I'm glad to see that the Asturias have the chance to visit this historic site.
Ditto. This area is so beautiful. I live in San Jose and wish I could visit more often.

I posted in another thread that a friend of mine was fortunate enough to meet Letizia and Felipe today but the post seems to have disappeared- or at least I can't locate it now.

He just sent me a picture- here you go:
LetiziaandFelipe_zps266ea51b.jpg

I posted in another thread that a friend of mine was fortunate enough to meet Letizia and Felipe today but the post seems to have disappeared- or at least I can't locate it now.

He just sent me a picture- here you go:
LetiziaandFelipe_zps266ea51b.jpg

Wow,thanks for sharing,you're friend was very lucky!

Wow,thanks for sharing,you're friend was very lucky!

He said he shook hands with both of them and enjoyed a brief chat. They found some of the workplace humor around the place they were visiting funny.

It was nice to hear that they were so interested and engaged in the visit!

wow. kinda sad. not a peep of this visit in the news or internet. I would have thought it would be all over TMZ or the like. Actually, this is the 1st I've heard of the viist. I gave up following them cause they are boring. Had I'd known, I could have driven the 20 min to see them! oh well.

The elaborately carved arch at Stanford, which Letizia and Felipe are pictured in front of, is the entrance to the Memorial Church. My first husband's memorial was in that church, and my Greek roommate got married there. I do not particularly like the florid mosaic style there, but they didn't show much of that in the picture, just the ornate carving. The stone used is the same as the stones of Florence, as the Stanford railway magnates who set up this university as a memorial to Leland Stanford Junior, wanted it to not only look like Florence but even have the same color and type of stone--so those in the know told me anyway. I met my first husband there. It is beautiful but sinister...lots of mind alteration research goes on there, I am told. I haven't been in touch with it for many years, so what they do now I don't know. Probably the same mix of brilliant and sinister.

The farewell is only done on state and important official trips, is an act with authorities and there is a military salute and the national anthem plays. They fly in an airplane of the Spanish Air Force, the Spanish army has several aircraft to transport authorities.

With them travels also Foreign Affairs Minister, U.S. Ambassador in Spain and other politicians and authorities.

It would be impossible to do this trip in 1 week in normal flight, because in the United States they are going to have several flights between cities and long distances. Even the Spanish press has asked to be allowed to fly on the plane in those internal displacement because it was very difficult to keep all the acts.

http://www.antena3.com/videos-onlin...e-evangelizador-california_2013111400032.html

thanks for the explanation. so the Spanish press were also with Felipe and Letizia on the same plane to US?

Back
Top Bottom