Presentation of Infanta Sofía to the Virgin of Atocha: September 19, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear Camarina
Could you be so polite and explain me your opinion more clearly, because I am willing to know what is the "absurd"? I do not live in Spain so i can have the wrong impression of the whole situation. Sadly, your sentences about my point of view was a SARCASTIC REMARK. Nevertheless, I wish you a good day.

Dear Camarina
Could you be so polite and explain me your opinion more clearly, because I am willing to know what is the "absurd"? I do not live in Spain so i can have the wrong impression of the whole situation. Sadly, your sentences about my point of view was a SARCASTIC REMARK. Nevertheless, I wish you a good day.

Really I must explain to you why your commentary is absurd? really?.. What I see TREMENDOUSLY ABSURD is to think that the prince feels preference by one of his daughters. In my opinion that seems to me a deliberately commentary.

Hi Camarina
You haven't read all my posts, I never wrote that the prince feels preference by one of his daughters. Moreover, I wrote that He loves them the same way. I'm sorry that You are so hostile-minded towards me (this is my impression). Once again, have a nice day!!!!!

I augur that Sofía is going to be a very beutiful little girl, I see it in her facial features even perhaps a little prettier than her sister and Leonor is really beautiful...so here we have two beauties in order to delight to us for a long time.
I also have noticed that little Sofía is a very smiling and expressive baby:wub:

I agree that she is going to be a beauty and pretiier than her sister.

Some of you have read the Princess of Asturias's comments about Sofia during the reception after the Prize of Save the Children ?

So kind and expressing with accurate words the feelings of the Princess for the babys. This so cerebral woman is in fct a very tender mother. She said first that she had to stop to breast feed because her work, doing understan that she is regreting in a certain way this situation because she is very found of to take care at her girls lke that. It's a too charming confession that some of some protocalar fanatics find a little bite out of order but which can be better for this way to help a young baby to to get off well in the life than a national health advertising campaign.
Then she did the remark that Sofia is going to be enormous and that she dosen't know up to where she is getting fater with a lot of mother proudness in the confession that is give to her a too kind touch of her maternal sens.

I'm found a lot at this duality of being, mother in the soul, active woman in the brain!

I know a lot of women who got a lot of weight during the pregnancy with the excuse it's for the baby's healthy, because they wanted big and health babies. Well, Letizia is the proof that you don't need to gain a lot of weight to give birth healthy babies with normal sizes (Leonor and Sofia were around 3 kg when they were born, right?). And it's funny to see Sofia so big and chubby with a mummy so tiny. Sofia is adorable. I love to see babies with spontaneous smilies. And I think is very rude to compare who is the baby/child more beautiful. If it's rude for adults, imagine it for little children.

Last edited:
Why is Letizia wearing the same white lace dress again? And why is her hair looks so boring.. I like the old Leti better..

is that exactly the same outfit as the christening or is she wearing it some different way??

The problem is that we are trying to expose (myself included) our social, cultural and political view-points through the Royals.
I admits that I do not have for Princess of Asturias an overwhelming sympathy, for I'm not what it could be called "a modernist", but I try that my views wouldn't blind me to see the vertues she could have. We must try to be kind to other members of the forums, and if we said something that could not be of their liking, make a little effort and explain WHY we saids this or that.

The general attitude I could notice since my entrance here is that if someone doesn't like a Royal (for a reason or another) sees EVERYTHING bad about him/her. He assures that her /his way of dressing is not appropiate, that her hair is a mess, that he/she is too thin or too fat, that his/her daughters are ugly and badly educated, etc, etc, etc...

May we have some common sense? This thread is to discuss two little angels. We don't know yet, how they must turn as grown up persons. So, at least this thread must try to be less harsh than others.

The little Royal parents, as adults, are responsible for their acts. So, we could criticize them. Their children deserves a little more cnsideration.

Vanesa.:flowers:

The problem is that we are trying to expose (myself included) our social, cultural and political view-points through the Royals.
I admits that I do not have for Princess of Asturias an overwhelming sympathy, for I'm not what it could be called "a modernist", but I try that my views wouldn't blind me to see the vertues she could have. We must try to be kind to other members of the forums, and if we said something that could not be of their liking, make a little effort and explain WHY we saids this or that.

The general attitude I could notice since my entrance here is that if someone doesn't like a Royal (for a reason or another) sees EVERYTHING bad about him/her. He assures that her /his way of dressing is not appropiate, that her hair is a mess, that he/she is too thin or too fat, that his/her daughters are ugly and badly educated, etc, etc, etc...

May we have some common sense? This thread is to discuss two little angels. We don't know yet, how they must turn as grown up persons. So, at least this thread must try to be less harsh than others.

The little Royal parents, as adults, are responsible for their acts. So, we could criticize them. Their children deserves a little more cnsideration.

Vanesa.:flowers:

Not totally false dear Vanessa, the first problem yet exponed to explain this kind of extrem rigidity in some opinions is the difficulties linked to the fluent or not - very often not, me the first- using of english language. As someone - for example, me - have some trubbles to exppress them in appropriate terms sometimes it's a true dialogue of the deaf. An other problem is very frequent, when someone has a favourite princely or regal couple since a long time, they can't admit that their opinion it's not the mirror of the reality or the result of the suitable analysis. It's for this reasons, seriously but in smiling, that I have insisted in some past posts on the necessity to check the sources of the informations upon which we are building a demonstration.

May be it's can look a little bit dogmatic of my part but in fact it's because we have seen so much absurdities, for example about the Princess of Asturias whithout any any good sens and after the proof of the opposite any apologizes that it would be good to have some reflexions before to say anything.

For me the better example is the pseudo sterility of the Princess of Asturias. Only married of some days that the yellow press was speculated about a pseudo sterility of the princess because before her wedding she would used some radical sterility means preventing radically any pregnancy.

This kind of information just good for gossip press was diffused in more serious press only to write something "sensational". More, don't forget the mysterious trip by the night in helicopter to a specialiazed clinic in Valence for a treatment against the stereility and others many stupidities printed in some yellow press or quite serious. After two estupendous girls in just three years, none of this press had apologied for its ridiculous articles!!!!! No comment!!!!:angel:

Some of you have read the Princess of Asturias's comments about Sofia during the reception after the Prize of Save the Children ?

So kind and expressing with accurate words the feelings of the Princess for the babys. This so cerebral woman is in fct a very tender mother. She said first that she had to stop to breast feed because her work, doing understan that she is regreting in a certain way this situation because she is very found of to take care at her girls lke that. It's a too charming confession that some of some protocalar fanatics find a little bite out of order but which can be better for this way to help a young baby to to get off well in the life than a national health advertising campaign.

It's charming but I wish Zarzuela's macho guys would allow Letizia to give comments on other issues then breastfeeding or devoting herself to her daughters, for example those that reflect her professional education and background - media and journalism.

It's charming but I wish Zarzuela's macho guys would allow Letizia to give comments on other issues then breastfeeding or devoting herself to her daughters, for example those that reflect her professional education and background - media and journalism.

What do you mean exactly? Do you think it's not very " regal" to speak about breastfeeding and self devotion for her children ? To be clear do you think that it's not a speech of a crown princess to mention some concret details about the eating habits for a new born? I allow me to ask to you this question because I don't see what other issue which will forbiden at the Princess of Asturia, in particular about her professional education and background, when we know that as a Crown Princess of Spain - as all the mamber of the Spain Royal Familly- she can't say nothing about all that concern the state's affairs, the politic's problems, the economic's situation, the cultural's developpment ?

But may be I don't understand very well your topic:angel:

Do you think it's not very " regal" to speak about breastfeeding and self devotion for her children ? To be clear do you think that it's not a speech of a crown princess to mention some concret details about the eating habits for a new born?

No, I didn't say that and that's not my point.

I allow me to ask to you this question because I don't see what other issue which will forbiden at the Princess of Asturia, in particular about her professional education and background, when we know that as a Crown Princess of Spain - as all the mamber of the Spain Royal Familly- she can't say nothing about all that concern the state's affairs, the politic's problems, the economic's situation, the cultural's developpment ?

I am happy to explain, adelaide, although I have given my opinion on this matter many times before :)

I understand that the first and foremost job of every female CP is to give birth to children, but in most other cases it goes hand in hand with a further development of a CP's role and profile. In Letizia's case, that second bit is lacking. Zarzuela has created a role for her that represents anything but the role model of women in a modern society who want to be respected as well for professional work as motherhood. Instead, Letizia, who used to be a hard working and well educated career woman, spends her days being Felipe's accessoire with hardly own activities, apart from three or four events since her marriage. A topic that would simply be predestinated for Letizia, journalism, is still occupied by Felipe and I wonder how many more journalism awards will come and go with Felipe doing the laudatio and the prize presentation with Letizia, working in journalism since her childhood, sitting there and listening to what Felipe has to say, trying hard not to look too bored or disappointed.

Apart from two events since her marriage we have hardly heard Letizia speak in public and if she does at some informal occasions it's obviously what Zarzuela likes to hear, adding to her dependent and submissive image. It's either about breastfeeding and that she wants to devote herself to her daughters; if Felipe is present, she can't finish a sentence without looking up to him as if she needs his reassurance on what she says; if he's not present, even worse, she'll tell the press that she doesn't know and they better ask the Prince (last year in Oviedo).

This is what I call a macho attitude per execellence - Letizia deserves much better and would certainly not only not disappoint in a more active role but do much better than some of her peers.

But may be I don't understand very well your topic:angel:
That's a possibility :rolleyes:

This might belong into the What's your opinion thread so Moderators please feel free to move.

I totally agree with your words Duke of Marmelade!
I think Zarzuela is afraid that Letizia gets more popularity than the future King, her role now is simply shameful, she only shake hands, smile and walk on his side. What is her Princess role? She doesn't do any charity or anything that promote her country and to me that is the true role of a Princess!

Pictures were beautiful, Letizia & Felipe looked like proud parents. It was a shame they hadnt taken Leonor along with them at this event, also what was really dissapointing is that Letizia wore the same outfit she wore to Sofia's christening.

I think Zarzuela is afraid that Letizia gets more popularity than the future King, her role now is simply shameful, she only shake hands, smile and walk on his side. What is her Princess role? She doesn't do any charity or anything that promote her country and to me that is the true role of a Princess!

What is shameful about standing by your husband? How do you know she does not do any charity or anything that promote Spain?

I do not know any charities she support or maybe none at all- Is there a page on charities in the Casareal website? But I am very sure that she helps promote in her own little ways the Spanish fashion designers- from suits to shoes to bags to children's clothes. She does not wear the leading international brands too often, except for her Armani engagement suit. And she certainly conveys to us her passion in arts and literature by visiting art exhibits, museums and book fairs- even in their private time (not as an official duty).

Last edited:
In the web of the Royal House there is no a list of charities like it happens in other webs of Royal Houses. In the case of the Queen and the Infantas, appear some of them, but later they are chairwomen of honor of other institutions and activities who do not appear. The information is a bit incomplete and little updated.

In case of the Princess there has been no update in the information of the web, but what has commented on the press she has got enough requests of different organizations. First she has chosen for a line of work dedicated to the infancy and the young people, and for on what she commented in the act of of Save the Children (that has offered her the Presidency of the Organization), her intention is to know and to collaborate with different organizations. For later on, when she has more own time, to decide with which to interfere of a serious form.

Our Lady of Atocha has strong traditional links to the Spanish RF and Isabella II in particular had a strong devotion to the Blessed Virgin.

Its a wonder that the statue survived the French in 1808 and the church being set on fire during the Spanish Civil War in 1936.

Back
Top Bottom