Presentation of Infanta Sofía to the Virgin of Atocha: September 19, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with you Roxsteve, she is more Ortiz than Borbon.
She is so cute.

Antena3
(vídeo)

Informativos Telecinco.com - Nacional - La Infanta Sofía en Atocha
(vídeo)

los prã­ncipes presentaron a la infanta sofã­a a la virgen de atocha

The infant arrived in arms from her parents with a white suit and a cross from gold, that the queen gives all her grandsons. 200 people applauded to the princes to the entrance of the church, while organ music was listened to.
When coming out, a group of peoples gave a medal to her to the girl. Kind, Felipe evaded the protocol and he placed the chain immediately to her

Diario de León :: Edición Digital

Am I right? The presentation of the Infanta was like a second christening?

no no no...
UNA TRADICIÓN CON SOLERA: LA INFANTA LEONOR ANTE LA VIRGEN DE ATOCHA

The tradition goes back to the distant times of Felipe II, but it was Isabel II
who more persistence put in which the tradition was not lost at night of the times. In 1852, Reina reinforced it reinforced the pious custom to offer to the Virgin of Atocha the born infants alive. And, without a doubt, it was able its firm intention to equip to Madrid and its full Court of traditions with meaning. The best test: Don Juan Carlos and Doña Sofía, many years after the reign of this Sovereign of character, presented/displayed to their three children before the Virgin, few days after these were born: Doña Elena, in 1963, Doña Cristina, in 1965, and prince Felipe, in 1968.

well, we've all fallen under her spell i guess. :flowers: she's smiling! i love her bald head; reminds me of those bobble-head toys. hee hee!

lovely to see them all and have Sofi be the queen of the day!

Last edited:
What a darling, sweet, beautiful baby Infanta Sofia is! She seems to be a happy little thing, and is cute and chubby and looked very much like an angel on her special day. I see a bit of Leonor in her sometimes, but I also sometimes see Cousin Irene in there as well. I wonder if she'll have as much hair as her sister does, or as curly. I love the pictures where she was laughing, she seems like she has a great personality.

love those big chubby cheeks and it looks like blonde fuzz maybe by christmas she'l have a curl or two!
wittykitty:wub:

The two little ones are dolls. But I think that Infanta Sofía could be even more astonishingly beatiful than her sister. Her facial expression is very, but very interesting. There is intelligence in those eyes. I'm hoping that the new generation of Royals will be better than the present one...and I think it will be! :flowers:

Vanesa.

Leonor is older when she was presented to the Virgin of Atocha but Sofia is bigger. She has chubby cheeks which is too cute for little children. Letizia has to pin her hair up. It's more elegant than letting her hair down. Other than that, her outfit is suited with the occassion.:)

I loved Leti's outfit. Very elegant, IMO. Sofi is cute, another beauty to watch out for! Where was Leo?

Sofia's such a happy little thing, I love when she smiles cause she's so chubby and looks like a little angel when she does it; seriously those are the beautiful things of life a smile like hers can defenitely lighten up your day, and she's as quiet as Leo, by that you can tell that love is in the air inside the Princes' house :wub: (and outside too!)

It's only my opinion, but Infanta Leonor from the very beginning was very beautiful, sorry but Ifanta Sofia is just a normal baby. I don't see in her that something special, that spark which is in Leonor personality, beauty. Leonor is the first baby who has captured my heart ( and I have seen many beautiful children in my life as I work in the nursery.)
Don't get me wrong I do not want to offend anybody. Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia should be proud of Sofia and they are. My point, is that Prince Felipe has more connection with Leonor than with Sofia. We all remember how caring, affectionate he was when they were in the Lanzarote Island, 27 December 2005. During this summer, Prince Felipe was simply enchanted by his little Leonor. I do not see this connection between Felipe and Sofia. Surely, Prince Felipe loves Sofia as Leonor but Infanta Leonor and Felipe have that special connection, maybe one day Sofia will be prettier than Leonor, I wish her all the best. One more request, please respect my opinion!!!

It is not possible to compare the little Infantas, any more because now we have an image of the Infanta Leonor as a two-year-old pretty and funny girl, and Sofia is only a baby. Physically the Infanta Leonor ' always has had a very marked features that were making seem to her to be older, nevertheless Sofia seems to have a features more of baby. As for the character, we cannot define much of the character of the Infanta Sofía, because she is very baby. But she looks like a girl more awake and more smiling than her sister to the same age. In this act Sofia had 5 months, Leonor 7, it in a baby is a lot of time, and they can change very much.

On the attitude of the Prince, I yesterday saw him delighted with Sofia, like he was with Leonor. What happens is that we are accustomed to seeing he always with the Infanta Leonor, and probably he is accustomed also to passing more time with Leonor. The Infanta Sofía is 5 months old, is a baby and more of her mother depends and more time passes with her; but they have another girl of almost 2 years who is a "earthquake", and the logical thing is that the father dedicates her more time.

THE INFANTA SOFÍA HAS BEEN PRESENTED BY HER PARENTS, THE PRINCES OF ASTURIAS, BEFORE THE VIRGIN OF ATOCHA

Article and photos
http://informativos.net/Noticia.aspx?noticia=48999

It's only my opinion, but Infanta Leonor from the very beginning was very beautiful, sorry but Ifanta Sofia is just a normal baby. I don't see in her that something special, that spark which is in Leonor personality, beauty. Leonor is the first baby who has captured my heart ( and I have seen many beautiful children in my life as I work in the nursery.)
Don't get me wrong I do not want to offend anybody. Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia should be proud of Sofia and they are. My point, is that Prince Felipe has more connection with Leonor than with Sofia. We all remember how caring, affectionate he was when they were in the Lanzarote Island, 27 December 2005. During this summer, Prince Felipe was simply enchanted by his little Leonor. I do not see this connection between Felipe and Sofia. Surely, Prince Felipe loves Sofia as Leonor but Infanta Leonor and Felipe have that special connection, maybe one day Sofia will be prettier than Leonor, I wish her all the best. One more request, please respect my opinion!!!
It's ok MadziaMarta. I am also more enchanted with baby Leonor before than little Sofia now. In my own opinion only, I too find Leonor's features more refined and more appealing to me e.g. in Lanzarote Leonor was way younger at that time at barely 2 months old only and also in her baptism I already find Leonor a very cute baby. In Sofia on the other hand, sorry for comparing these two little angels by the way, has a beauty in her own way but I needed more time or more hair to gush over her the way I gushed at Leonor before. But I can always see in the photos that both Felipe and Letizia are equally enchanted with their daughters. I am looking forward to seeing Leonor and 1 year old Sofia in Palma de Mallorca vacations next year :flowers: Sofia might be showing us her curly blonde hair as well :wub:

Last edited:
To Lula!!!!
I have one request RESPECT my opinion and You didn't do that. What's more, you don't understand the whole idea of my message!!! I compared Baby Leonor and Baby Sofia!! for example: I gave the date of 2005 when Leonor was very small. Is it clear now for you? The Prince is delighted with Sofia, I agree. He loves her, but my point was that with Infanta Leonor, He had special eye contact after the presentation to THE VIRGIN OF ATOCHA. My point is that, when Leonor was a small baby, the Prince hold her in his arms more than Infanta Sofia (during photo sessions of course, maybe because Leonor was his first baby and I am sure that He loves children the same way!!!!!)Once again, Everybody has right to express their own opinion so that was mine.

As I said im my previous message I also prefer basby leonor thna Sofia! Leonor had such a refine features and Sofia is very chubby and we can say that she is a bit fat so her face is too mucht round, her smile is not ahs beautiful has leonor was. Leonor was a lovely baby since she was born! Sofia is very mucht a baby still, she doesn't hace her face define yet and she looks like a chubby and fat not very pretty baby and maybe that is because she turns a bit more, now, to the side Bouboun and not Ortiz! Look at Elena and Cristina when they were babys? They were not very pretty

As I said im my previous message I also prefer basby leonor thna Sofia! Leonor had such a refine features and Sofia is very chubby and we can say that she is a bit fat so her face is too mucht round, her smile is not ahs beautiful has leonor was. Leonor was a lovely baby since she was born! Sofia is very mucht a baby still, she doesn't hace her face define yet and she looks like a chubby and fat not very pretty baby and maybe that is because she turns a bit more, now, to the side Bouboun and not Ortiz! Look at Elena and Cristina when they were babys? They were not very pretty
Lol we have the same view that we prefer baby Leonor than baby Sofia, but funny because I see more Jesus Ortiz in baby Sofia (like in this photo I can see some similarities in Papa Ortiz's face as he walked Letizia down the aisle in 2004) and more Borbon in Leonor :lol:

Wow! Sofia is one big baby, healthy baby. Not just chubby, but big. What a handful these two girls must be.

I think that Sofía is a precious baby, her face characteristics are very pretty and when she has some months more she is going to be a beautiful little girl like her older sister.
Sofía´s eyes are amazing and her nose very graceful,her beauty is definitively Ortiz but she ,obvious, is still a baby and she has baby face.

http://www.20minutos.es/data/img/2007/09/19/678312.jpg :wub:

I think that Sofía is a precious baby, her face characteristics are very pretty and when she has some months more she is going to be a beautiful little girl like her older sister.
Sofía´s eyes are amazing and her nose very graceful,her beauty is definitively Ortiz but she ,obvious, is still a baby and she has baby face.

http://www.20minutos.es/data/img/2007/09/19/678312.jpg :wub:
I agree Camarina, I see the Ortiz genes in baby Sofia, may she look like her beautiful Mama :wub: but yes, she is still a baby so her features may still change as she grows.

Wonderful to see them! How blessed Felipe and Letizia are to have two beautiful sweet babies. Great pictures!:flowers:

The picture showing Felipe kissing Sofia on the head is a beautiful tender moment.

Stellad

To Lula!!!!
I have one request RESPECT my opinion and You didn't do that. What's more, you don't understand the whole idea of my message!!! I compared Baby Leonor and Baby Sofia!! for example: I gave the date of 2005 when Leonor was very small. Is it clear now for you? The Prince is delighted with Sofia, I agree. He loves her, but my point was that with Infanta Leonor, He had special eye contact after the presentation to THE VIRGIN OF ATOCHA. My point is that, when Leonor was a small baby, the Prince hold her in his arms more than Infanta Sofia (during photo sessions of course, maybe because Leonor was his first baby and I am sure that He loves children the same way!!!!!)Once again, Everybody has right to express their own opinion so that was mine.

That is your opinion and... my opinion about your opinion is that in this forum I have read many trivialities but this one is without a doubt the thing more absurd than I have never read.
It´s my opinion.

That is your opinion and... my opinion about your opinion is that in this forum I have read many trivialities but this one is without a doubt the thing more absurd than I have never read.
It´s my opinion.

Euphemism!...:D

sofia is so cute she's gonna be a beauty trust me ;)

Back
Top Bottom