Presentation of Infanta Sofía to the Virgin of Atocha: September 19, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
eluniverso.com - PrÃ*ncipes de Asturias pedirán a Virgen de Atocha protección para SofÃ*a - Sep. 12, 2007 08h10 - GENTE

Princes of Asturias will ask Virgin of Atocha protection for Sofía

Prince Felipe, heir of the Spanish crown, and his wife Letizia Ortiz will be faithful to the tradition of the Royal Family and the next Wednesday will ask the virgin of Atocha of Madrid protection for Infanta Sofía, their second daughter.

Since they did the 7 of June of the year last with their first-born Leonor, the princes of Asturias will take before the image of the virgin to the little Sofía - that was born in Madrid the past 29 of April ten days before she turns the five months.

It will be the third time that the princes go together to the Madrilenian temple where venerates the virgin of Atocha, because also the 22 of May of 2004 went immediately after contracting marriage in the cathedral of the Almudena of Madrid.

Presentation of Infanta Leonor to the Virgin of Atocha - June 7th, 2006

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...eonor-virgin-atocha-june-7th-2006-a-9868.html

Presentation to the Virgin of Atocha

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/presentation-virgin-atocha-7933.html

Last edited:
That is great news. Thanks for this terrific information Lula. :flowers: I noticed it didn't say anything on Leonor. Do you happen to know if she'll be attending as well? After all, it is a special occassion for her baby sister. There again she does have school of course on wednesday morning :lol: Anyway, I can't wait to see little Sofia again:wub:

Thanks for the news, can't wait to see little sofia again, will it be the same time as with the presentation of leonor?

Do you think that Leonor will attent the presentation too?

So maybe this time Sofia will have her own show? withouth bigger sister?

I hope that day will be "show" of sofía, just as the day of its baptism, I think that her must have a day for her because her sister also has her day ... (the first day of school, the first steps...)
the last year TV 1 had in direct the presentation of leonor... I suppose that also they will do the same with sofía

I can't wait to see Sofia and her beautiful eyes!

As much as i am happy to see infanta Sofia again,i can't understand why they didn't wait more,maybe the weather in autum was the reason,but i really wanted to see her later when she changes more.

Yay, Good news!, See BeautyLeonor.. we'll see our little Sofi sooner than we expected, isn't it great! :flowers::)

I thought so too aryo, since Leo was 7 months old when they presented her, but I think is what you said, the weather. But don't worry we'll get to see how much Sofi has changed on their beautiful christmas card! :)

I don't think Leonor will be there, remember, she has to go to "cole" :)

Yay, Good news!, See BeautyLeonor.. we'll see our little Sofi sooner than we expected, isn't it great! :flowers::)

I thought so too aryo, since Leo was 7 months old when they presented her, but I think is what you said, the weather. But don't worry we'll get to see how much Sofi has changed on their beautiful christmas card! :)

That's what I'm thinking too Mari, it is a wednesday so Leonor will be in "cole":wub: As much as I want to see Leonor again, I also think it's nice for little Sofia to have a day of her own once in a while :flowers: And yes, I thought she would be presented to the Virgen de Atocha a couple of months later like Leonor, she was 7 months old then. We would be seeing more hair :lol: But it also doesn't hurt to see little Sofia so soon :flowers:

Yes Mari we'll see our little Sofi sooner:)!! i can't wait.. I just want see her cute face:wub:her big eyes...and she maybe has a bit of hair LOL.

I want see Leo too, but she has to go to the "cole" and i think it's Sofi's day:flowers:!

Last edited:
i'm so glad we are seeing sofia this week! i quite missed her the other day at the "cole" wih leonor. hope leonor can attend as well, would be a lovely family picture!

ABC.es: gente-ocio - gente - Los Príncipes presentarán el miércoles a la Infanta Sofía ante la Virgen de Atocha

The Princes will present Wednesday to Infant Sofía before the Virgin of Atocha.

Princes of Asturias will request the next Wednesday the protection of the Virgin of Atocha for their second daughter, Infant Sofía, fulfilling as well as one of the traditions of the Royal Family, since they did the 7 of June of the year last with their first-born, informed sources into the House of Rey...

I'm very curious to see this little baby girl has changing,. may be as she is more higher than her eldest sister, she could put the same " faldon" ? Wait ansd see!

So just to clarify, this involves asking a statue for "protection?"

No, when you pray in front of a cruficied Jesus you are not praying to the "statue" but to Jesus.

The dress Leonor used when she was presentated has a history like the baptism dress or not?
Cause I was wondering if Sofi would use it too.

No, when you pray in front of a cruficied Jesus you are not praying to the "statue" but to Jesus.

The dress Leonor used when she was presentated has a history like the baptism dress or not?
Cause I was wondering if Sofi would use it too.
No, I think Leonor was wearing a new dress then, so I guess Sofi will wear a new one also, and it'll probably be white also. Let's see if Sofi will wear the same cross necklace (that looks like a rosary with pearls as beads) that Leo wore.

will it broadcast live?

In case of the Infanta Leonor, Telemadrid emitted it, I believe that in this case it will be equal.;)

www.telemadrid.es

Surely other channels of the Spanish television will emit the images in the programs of the morning.

Is it just Sofia and parents, or is Leonor going too?

Thanks for all the information about today's events - can you tell me what time they will be going to the church and what time we can expect photos?

Thank you

Already they have come to Atocha. It will be necessary to wait to see the images. The Princess repeats the suit of the baptism of the Infanta Sofía, the Infanta Leonor has not gone.

OHH, i love this 3 photos, they are lovely. Is peat Leonor don't go, but she have to go to the school.

Amaizing to see that Sofia is wearing the same dress that Leonor wear in this same event... and Letizia repeat the dress, she is wearing the dress of Sofia baptism.
i just love....

Back
Top Bottom