Presentation of Infanta Sofía to the Virgin of Atocha: September 19, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what a cutie... she is adorable! she also seems much quieter than leonor, don't you think?

What cute cute pics of sweet little Sofia! And she behaved so well!
No wonder that everybody in the church wanted to touch her :wub:

Leo has been in school, but although it would have been nice to see
her there, it's also nice that it was Sofia's day for herself, all the
attention for the cute princess :):)

Thanks for the pictures and video. Sofia is a very sweet baby. I like the pictures when she smiles.
I don't like Letizias outfit, especially the shoes.

But when Leonor attended this act was bigger ( 2 months) than her sister.
They look like calm babies, for example I´ve never seen Leonor cry, well, only in Lanzarote I think. Now Leonor with almost two years looks like a little "trasto" but she´s nice.

She's so adorable, love her smile and chubby face, Felipe's gonna have his hands full with two beautiful daughters.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful pictures, Sofia is so beautiful and what I like is that she does look different then Leo. She will beautiful in her own right and maybe won't always be compared to her older sister. I think she looks more like Letizia, where beautiful Leo looks more like her fathers side. Both girls are going to be heartbreakers! I think she wore the same dress as Leo but she had her own cross, which I liked. She seems like such a happy baby and was smiling a lot. It looks like she is a daddy's girl also. I loved Princess Letizia outfit, I thought it was classy withour being overly fussy. I thought she hit the right mix of respect and fashion. God bless this little girl!!!

Thanks for all the pictures!
:flowers:Sofia is so cute..
Prince Philippe looks great too.;)
One more gallery of pics on this site:
Royalement Vôtre

Last edited:
Sofia is a precious child. :wub:
She differs from her older sister, but appears to have just as much personality.
I think Felipe and Letizia did right not bringing Leonor with them. First, Leo has her school. Second, with her vivid personality, she might have outshined her little sister, and that was Sofia's big day.

Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 1
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 2
Gallery of Pictures from Isifa 3

I just love these two pictures:
Two adoring parents and a cute girl
Is the cutie already tired of being the star?
Letizia busy looking at Sofia and Felipe busy looking at his wife

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures and video. Sofia is a very sweet baby. I like the pictures when she smiles.
I don't like Letizias outfit, especially the shoes.
I do agree with you, I don't like the outfit of Letizia and her shoes are in the wrong colour and wrong style for that dress.
Besides, Letizia is smiling all the time but she doesn't look natural, she looks like she is acting. Her eyes don't smile.:ohmy:

IBesides, Letizia is smiling all the time but she doesn't look natural, she looks like she is acting. Her eyes don't smile.:ohmy:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. Have you seen the photos, especially this one?:
http://i3.tinypic.com/2q86345.jpg
Would you honesty say this is a picture of a women who is acting, and whose smile is not real???:ermm: What I see is a beautiful woman, who looks very happy and is actually very happy again

I wonder if they will try for a third one. In any case, they won't get it right: if it's a boy, Letizia will be blamed as the whole change-of-constitution issue will come up again with some force behind it, if it's a girl she will be labelled as unable to produce a male heir, disregarding that in fact Felipe is responsible :cool:

So what ! The Princess has yet gave the proof that this kind of alternative is not to empeach her to do what tFelipe and have decided, first.
Then if they should havve a boy after this two girls, it seems to me that the question of the constitution changing is not for tomorrow, as the Prince had said yet there a generation before the reign of Leonor.

As you know we aren't at the XIX s. and now nobody can make assertion - except the japonese monarchy, shame on them- on witch a woman will be blamed because she don't have male heir, first. Then do you think really that people, in case of a third girl, will labelled Latezia " as unable to produce male hier, disregarding that in fact Felipe is responsible" . Allow me to be very sceptic. Is W.A. of Orange Nassau is disregarding as unable to produce male heir????

This kind of reflexion are a little bite old fashion mainly in a country wher now you have a true revolution of the standards of the behaviour. I don't think that if the prince have decided to have an other baby, they shall stopped by a suc argument. At the opposite we can imagine that they can deliberatly decided to have a third baby sparing it wil be a male to get the politics with his back to the wall. NOTHING, despite the fear of some people regarding the politic situation in Spain today, I repeat NOTING can allow that it will be the end of the parlementary monarchy, even if it's risquy.

I'm ready to bet that they are going a baby sooner, not the next months nither the next year but as the Princess is a pragmatic woman and as she knows that her pregnancies are not easy she has the most great interst to don't wait so much for at least two things:
- It's more easy to raise three little children in the same time - look at the Infanta Cristina- than to wait so much and to have a last one when you professional landscape is totally settle on.
- As her own agenda is yet stamming, she allows her to be pregnant one more time before to work at " full time".

As a lot of people it's my opinion and I have absolutly no specific informations to write this, I don't read anything in a crystal ball. It's a pure sentimental logic against a false State reason.:graduate::princess3::coach::cupid::goodluck:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. Have you seen the photos, especially this one?:
http://i3.tinypic.com/2q86345.jpg
Would you honesty say this is a picture of a women who is acting, and whose smile is not real???:ermm: What I see is a beautiful woman, who looks very happy and is actually very happy again

You see princess leonor, I honestly wrote my opinion. I don't expect everybody agree with me.

Last edited:
Thank you for everyone for great pictures! Infanta Sofia is an absolutely cute child, although not as beautiful as Leonor in the same age (remembering seeing Leonor in Easter 2006), that´s just my opinion.
It´s lovely to see this family: Felipe and Letizia are just glowing with happiness, they look so in love and so devoted on their little girls.
Letizia looked just great, I admired her dress already at the baptism of Sofia, she looked very classy.

So what ! The Princess has yet gave the proof that this kind of alternative is not to empeach her to do what tFelipe and have decided, first.
Then if they should havve a boy after this two girls, it seems to me that the question of the constitution changing is not for tomorrow, as the Prince had said yet there a generation before the reign of Leonor.

As you know we aren't at the XIX s. and now nobody can make assertion - except the japonese monarchy, shame on them- on witch a woman will be blamed because she don't have male heir, first. Then do you think really that people, in case of a third girl, will labelled Latezia " as unable to produce male hier, disregarding that in fact Felipe is responsible" . Allow me to be very sceptic. Is W.A. of Orange Nassau is disregarding as unable to produce male heir????

This kind of reflexion are a little bite old fashion mainly in a country wher now you have a true revolution of the standards of the behaviour. I don't think that if the prince have decided to have an other baby, they shall stopped by a suc argument. At the opposite we can imagine that they can deliberatly decided to have a third baby sparing it wil be a male to get the politics with his back to the wall. NOTHING, despite the fear of some people regarding the politic situation in Spain today, I repeat NOTING can allow that it will be the end of the parlementary monarchy, even if it's risquy.

I'm ready to bet that they are going a baby sooner, not the next months nither the next year but as the Princess is a pragmatic woman and as she knows that her pregnancies are not easy she has the most great interst to don't wait so much for at least two things:
- It's more easy to raise three little children in the same time - look at the Infanta Cristina- than to wait so much and to have a last one when you professional landscape is totally settle on.
- As her own agenda is yet stamming, she allows her to be pregnant one more time before to work at " full time".

As a lot of people it's my opinion and I have absolutly no specific informations to write this, I don't read anything in a crystal ball. It's a pure sentimental logic against a false State reason.:graduate::princess3::coach::cupid::goodluck:

I am with you adelaide. If they have another baby and it's a boy, they have the same combination as Queen Sofia, that's a nice coincidence. I am sure she felt pressure back then and JC was relieved that Felipe was a boy and he had done his duty. Besides, I think royal kids have a tough life ahead and the more siblings they have the better.

I find it amazing how big the baby looks in her mothers arms and how she looks like a small baby in her fathers arms.:)
I think Sophia will always be compared to her sister's beauty, but she wil be a beauty in her own right.
I love her smile. And I love how she looks right at you.
Thank you to one and all who posted pics and/or links.

Sofia is such a pretty baby :)

I love Letizia's outfit, good she recycled it and I can just imagine how fantastic her look would have been if she had pinned up her hair, instead of this unstyled wash & go blah look :yuk:

Yeah, she needs to change her hairdresser URGENTLY
Sofi is such a cutie:wub:, I have always find it funny that she looks a lot like her grandpa Jesus, with the baldness and all :D :ROFLMAO: :lol: all she lacks is the beard :D

Sofia is a big baby, much bigger than her sister. She's adorable, and has the bourbon nose and lips, and the same chubby cheeks as Leonor. But this time, ladies and gentlemen, we have a baby with Letizia's eyes ;)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, corious.

http://www.abc.es/galerias/gente/media/md36-madrid-prncipe-asturias-16.4.880664029.JPG

Look at this ones

http://www.ipapress.com/imgBanco/IPA-20070919-0077-003.jpg

http://www.ipapress.com/imgBanco/IPA-20070919-0077-001.jpg

http://www.ipapress.com/imgBanco/IPA-20070919-0077-007.jpg

http://www.ipapress.com/imgBanco/IPA-20070919-0077-004.jpg

http://www.le-foro.com/fotos/files/zzkn53ezyje5tjbk4dcm.jpg

Sofia is a big baby, much bigger than her sister. She's adorable, and has the bourbon nose and lips, and the same chubby cheeks as Leonor. But this time, ladies and gentlemen, we have a baby with Letizia's eyes ;)

her expression are the same, but the color are from his father, I have watched in tv, some close ups, and she has an amazing blue eyes, more than her sister Leonor.:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you so much Catango. These pictures are such high quality. They're precious. Sofia sure is a very curious little baby. In some pictures she reminds me of her sister, and in other pictures, she reminds me of her grandfather the King, and her niece Irene. Anyhow, she's geourgeous :wub:

Could anybody put in a bigger version LFI pictures, they seem differen from we have seen, pleeeeeeeeeeease

Spanish Royal Family Visit Atocha´s Virgin
September 19, 2007 - Basilica de Atocha
Madrid, Spain

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][/FONT]
WireImage: Listings

Thanks She is so beatiful love her smile

I agree with you, Sofía has Letizia´s eyes but i think that her nose is Letizia´s too.
Look at the photo of Letizia when she was a baby in "Infanta Leonor & infanta Sofía" Thread
I think that little Sofía has more facial features of her mummy.

Last edited:
Yeah, she needs to change her hairdresser URGENTLY
Sofi is such a cutie:wub:, I have always find it funny that she looks a lot like her grandpa Jesus, with the baldness and all :D :ROFLMAO: :lol: all she lacks is the beard :D

She is indeed cute. You are right, she reminds me of grandpa Jesus. She is more Ortiz than Borbon. Really a cutie!

Back
Top Bottom