Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redferns
The picture of this frontcover is beautiful and shows a very united family

Old 05-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you everyone for all the photos, videos and translation. What a beautiful family.

Old 05-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by janos614
Where did you find the picture in your avatar? I've scrolled back through the various links that were posted and didn't find that one amongst the official pictures! Thanks!
Monna probably edited the picture to have the two sisters together
Old 05-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Aristocracy

^^Excellent point! Thanks!
Old 05-06-2007, 06:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
ImageShack - Hosting :: 20eh.jpg Prince Felipe

ANP Beeldbank Sofia

Daddy's girl look like him, indeed.
Talk about twins very alike indeed. Duncan thank you so much for translating - I was very curious about what was said during the presentation. I have thought a lot about the comments regarding Felipe and Letizia and people arguing that Letizia should have her own agenda. I see very much Felipe and Letizia as a couple, and it is my favourite thing about them that you see both of them together at events so often. I think they complement each other very well. I´ve always wondered if the SRF have hesitated to give Letizia her own agenda as she was so well known to the Spanish people as a journalist, that had she had her own agenda from the beginning people may have continued to think of her as Letizia the journalist rather than Letizia future queen of Spain. And Letizia herself may have needed time to adjust to being a princess of Spain rather than a journalist. Thus Duncan, if you are already seeing Letizia as future head of state, then I think the SRF have done an excellent job!
Old 05-06-2007, 06:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eireann
Talk about twins very alike indeed. Duncan thank you so much for translating - I was very curious about what was said during the presentation. I have thought a lot about the comments regarding Felipe and Letizia and people arguing that Letizia should have her own agenda. I see very much Felipe and Letizia as a couple, and it is my favourite thing about them that you see both of them together at events so often. I think they complement each other very well. I´ve always wondered if the SRF have hesitated to give Letizia her own agenda as she was so well known to the Spanish people as a journalist, that had she had her own agenda from the beginning people may have continued to think of her as Letizia the journalist rather than Letizia future queen of Spain. And Letizia herself may have needed time to adjust to being a princess of Spain rather than a journalist. Thus Duncan, if you are already seeing Letizia as future head of state, then I think the SRF have done an excellent job!
Whatever the case, it'a very good and not biaised analysis.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

ANP Beeldbank Sofia

Many thanks for the Don Juan Carlos 's kiss to his new born Felipe. What a very tender scene! I didn't know this pic! so simpathetic!!
Old 05-06-2007, 06:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by janos614
Where did you find the picture in your avatar? I've scrolled back through the various links that were posted and didn't find that one amongst the official pictures! Thanks!
I`ve done this avatar in photoshop, sorry that I`ve confused you

Am I the only one who seeing Letizia during the presentation remembered Letizia during Leonor`s baptism? Her outfit, her hair, the tiny baby girl in the arms and of course the brode happy smile - quite similar.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

A very charming video
Old 05-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Royal Highness

great video! Thanks Adelaide!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Nobility

Quote:

ANP Beeldbank Sofia

Do you, or anyone, know why King Juan Carlos never wears a wedding ring? He's always wearing that pinky ring, but never his wedding band !

Ani
Old 05-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks Adelaide
Old 05-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks so much for the translation DUncan! Leonor loves the limelight she is brilliant
Old 05-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Courtier

Beautiful family, loved the official pictures.

To me, this baby is more Letizia than Borbon, I think she will look like Leti a lot :) !
Old 05-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monna
Am I the only one who seeing Letizia during the presentation remembered Letizia during Leonor`s baptism? Her outfit, her hair, the tiny baby girl in the arms and of course the brode happy smile - quite similar.
Me too! Letizia on Sofia's presentation reminded me Letizia on Leonor's baptism. In these two ocasions she looked very happy, with large smiles on her face.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
Now, since up to now I behaved myself, let me just say two things and please don't bite me, especially after the trouble I took with the transcription.

One, every time I see this family I can't help seing Letizia as the head of state to be, and Felipe as the devoted, stay-at-home parent.

Two, since their public life mainly consists in promoting themselves, I wonder why they have been avoiding showing Leonor in the open as they did yesterday, even giving rise to false rumors about the girl's health. Finally she has proven to be their best asset.
Thanks Duncan for the translation. You are entitled to your opinions.

On the other hand, most people, whether royalty or not usually want to have apositive image in public so promoting themselves is not unusual. Maybe they felt Leonor was too young to be subjected to the media, hence it was only recently that she has been seen more freqeuntky,
Old 05-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Courtier

Leonor is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I actuall hope Felipe and Letizia don't have more babies, coz I want Leo to be queen so bad. She will make history for sure.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
No, Adelaide, don't take it as a criticism. In fact I would say it's this new dimension of Felipe's personality which I like the most about him.
That is commedable. Husbands should be able to take care of their children as well as their wives.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

She is so cute ! What a wonderful family ! I agree,Sofia looks a lot like her father but she can change !
I love to see parents so happy and natural with their children
Old 05-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Courtier

I don't think they will have anymore children but that doesn't matter becaus they have two healthy and loveable children.