Presentation of Infanta Sofía: May 4, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the photographs in Getty images Princess Letizia is absolutely sublime radiant
their family is adorable
and Letizia and Felipe seem very happy to be filled and in love
In my opinion small Sofia does not look alike Leonor much but more to the family of LEtizia in the shape of the face, the long fine nose, the finness of the features.....
I am not especially addict crowned heads and by the Princess but letizia moves me so much

once again she seems to be so "sincere" simple

What a beautiful family! :wub: Little Sofia is gorgeous, so tiny and calm but it`s Leonor who continues to be the most charming baby in the world for me. I really loved to see her walking and waving and to hear her first public words, it was so funny. She wasn`t interested in her sister at all :lol:. And the Princes seem to be exceptionaly happy, I hope that their daughters will give them a lot of joy and happiness in the future...

Thank you all for the photos and videos :flowers:

I think noone ever post this question but do you think that it was fair for the Public hospitals in Madrid that Letizia went to a private hospital? Don't they should trust on everything that is public?(maybe this question is not really very well done, sorry for that).

in this crazy world we live in i would think security would be the #1 priority, perhaps that played a role in the hospital choice. it's so wonderful to see letizia so happy, the sad shadows have left her eyes and the family so close and loving. one photo shows felipe and leonor gazing at each other in silent communication at the same time letizia is looking at sofia in the same way, it's as it they are the only people in the world.

catango said:
I'm insist, she isn't dark, she is blonder than Leonor, just look at tha pics with Irene, the look alike.

I think equally, Sofia is not darker,she will be blond too

biboquinhas said:
I think noone ever post this question but do you think that it was fair for the Public hospitals in Madrid that Letizia went to a private hospital? Don't they should trust on everything that is public?(maybe this question is not really very well done, sorry for that).

It is a practical question, the Infanta Elena and the Infanta Cristina also had their children in private clinics. It is simple, in Spain there is a public health, but a city as Madrid, with a great population who grows constant, though it has many hospitals, these are in the habit of being always full (In Madrid and in the public Health always there is waiting-list). In the first pregnancy, was commented that they had studied several public hospitals, but that finally decided to go to the Ruber where had had her children the Infanta Elena.

The Princess of Asturias needs from the whole organization around, from an space, from a safety ... and in a public hospital it would be an authentic chaos, which would bother very much the citizens. A clinic how the Ruber is smaller, is in an isolated zone, has more control on the patients, and you can pay for the space that you need ... in a public hospital the organization, the control of press and the safety topics it had been very chaotic. Probably if they had gone to a public hospital they had criticized them for occupying too much place or for creating the chaos in the hospital.:lol:

The newspaper Diario de Navarra has a great gallery (and huge, 128 images) I highly recommend. The photos are not all necessarily new, but they are large, good quality and without watermarks. Worth a few minutes to click through--such a lovely, charming family.

DiariodeNavarra.es - Actualidad

Very beautiful family:wub: Infanta Sofia is a little doll and her sister Is the cutest toddler:flowers:.

Thanks for the photos, both infantas are so cute and beautiful, great photos:flowers:

Doesn't anyone agree with me that Sofía looks like Elena and Cristina??

What a job done by all who had bring fotos and videos. This presentation of a princely baby is the most succeful of the "season". we were very lucky because both the fathers was absolutly radiant and handsome. the two little girl a true poesy, Leonor a true Alce at the wonderland totally charming and so mischievous, the baby Sofia so moving in the mummy's arms. The¨Princess of Asturias has a very maternal way to hand theirs baby very touching. Felipe, in his father role is estupendous, all the time very attentiv for all his family yes for the little Leonor and Sofia too, but mainly for Letizia. As his wife is just mother since five days after a c-section he is very helpful to her, helping her to hand the baby end so tender when he take her by the waist.

I don't want to speak about how all this family looked for this presentation, but it was really a presentation and for that and dto make honour to the spagnards with simplicity and gracefulness the litles girls was very well dress, Leonor like a doll, Sofia with a very beautiful and refined baby's clothes but the all in a very mesured way. Idem for the fathers, they were elegant, Letizia with a beautiful hairdo and very well dressed, Felipa as usual very classical but up to the circonstances.

For the oment the prress's articles are very simpatetics.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Monna said:
What a beautiful family! :wub: Little Sofia is gorgeous, so tiny and calm but it`s Leonor who continues to be the most charming baby in the world for me. I really loved to see her walking and waving and to hear her first public words, it was so funny. She wasn`t interested in her sister at all :lol:. And the Princes seem to be exceptionaly happy, I hope that their daughters will give them a lot of joy and happiness in the future...

Thank you all for the photos and videos :flowers:

:lol: :ROFLMAO: :lol: i also think it's the funnist part of this presentation

Last edited:
morhange said:
Can anyone translate what Leonor is saying?

Here is what I can get from the dialogue on agm's video (YouTube - Primera aparición pública de la Infanta SofÃ*a):

Felipe, Letizia and Leonor at Sofía's presentation - PART 1

Periodistas: Parece más morena...
Press: Her skin looks darker…

Felipe: Es más morenita.
Felipe: She is a little bit darker.

Periodistas: ¿Qué tal está, Alteza?
Press: How do you feel, Your Highness?

Letizia: Muy bien, muchas gracias.
Letizia: Very well, thank you very much.

Periodistas: ¿Y la experiencia de tener la segunda hija?
Press: What about the experience of having your second daughter?

Letizia: Muy bien, estupendo.
Letizia: Very well, it's wonderful.

Leonor: Yo, yo, papá, ot[r]o.
Leonor: Me, me, daddy, another [meaning she wants the second microphone cover, since she got one already].

Periodistas: ¿Cómo la alimenta?
Press: How are you feeding her?

Letizia: Estoy con lactancia materna, voy a estar igual que Leonor, lo mismo también, a dedicarme a la niña y a... a estar con ella.
Letizia: I am breastfeeding, I am going to be just as Leonor, just the same, I will devoid myself to the girl and… being with her.

Felipe: Bueno, también viene bien que sea un viernes y...
Felipe: Well, how convenient today being a Friday and…

Letizia [a Leonor]: ¿Qué haces con eso?
Letizia [to Leonor]: What are you doing with that? [with the microphone covers]

Periodistas: ¿Señora, a quién se parece la niña?
Press: Madam, whom does the girl look like?

Felipe: Yo creo que todos los padres saben cómo hay que desmultiplicarse, ¿no?, con cada... con cada hijo que llega...
Felipe: I believe that all parents know how to unmultiply themselves, don’t they?, with each… with each child that comes…

Leonor: Yoyo, yoyo.
Leonor: Me, me, me, me. [meaning "these amazing microphone covers are now mine"?]

Felipe: ... pero hacemos lo posible porque queremos ser los mejores padres para ellos [?], así que... estamos encantados.
Felipe: …but we try our best because we want to be the best parents for them, so… we are delighted.

Periodistas: ¿...el bautizo?
Press: What about the christening?

Felipe: No sabemos exactamente, no, no lo sabemos.
Felipe: We don’t know exactly, no, we don’t know.

Periodistas: ¿...el nombre?
Press: What about the name?

Felipe: Bueno...
Felipe: Well...

Letizia: Nos hacía mucha ilusión a los dos que se llamara como la reina y además es un nombre precioso.
Letizia: We both were looking forward for her to bear the same name as the queen and, in addition, it is a beautiful name.

Periodistas: Señora, se dijo que el nombre fue decisión suya...
Press: Madam, it was said that the name was your decision…

Letizia: A mí me... me hacía también eso, mucha ilusión que se llamara como la reina y creo que... que a ella le ha encantado también, o sea que...
Letizia: To me… I was also as I said, very eager for her to bear the same name as the queen and I believe that… that she [the queen] is also delighted, so…

Last edited:
Felipe, Letizia and Leonor at Sofía's presentation - PART 2

Periodistas: ¿Para cuándo Pelayo [un hijo varón]?
Press: When should we expect a Pelayo [a male child]?

Letizia: Ya veremos, ahora estamos... ahora pendientes de ellas.
Letizia: We’ll see, now we're… we're taking care of them [the two daughters].

Felipe: Esta mañana he estado trabajando.
Felipe: This morning I've been working.

Periodistas: ¿Señora, cuándo va a ser el bautizo?
Press: Madam, when will the christening be?

Felipe: No lo sabemos todavía el bautizo.
Felipe: We don't know about the christening yet.

Letizia: De momento estamos..., vamos a..., no lo sabemos.
Letizia: For the time being we’re…, we're going to…, we don’t know.

Periodistas: ¿Y los padrinos?
Press: And the godparents?

Felipe: Lo diremos todo a la vez, cuando se sepa la fecha y todo ya daremos la información.
Felipe: We’ll say everything at once, when the date is known and all, we'll give the information out.

Leonor: Todo, yoyo, aquí.
Leonor: Everything, yoyo, here. [she wants to put both covers back in place]

Letizia: Ponlo ahí, ponlo ahí, ahí, aquí, ya está.
Letizia: Put it there, put it there, there, here, alright.

Leonor:.
Leonor: More. [meaning doing the same thing with the second cover]

Letizia: Ahora el otro ahí, más, más, ahí, muy bien, aquí también, ya está, ale.
Letizia: Now the other one there, more, more, there, very well, here too, good.
[Letizia dice algo sobre el vestido (?)]
[Letizia says something about Leonor's dress?]

Leonor: ¡A[d]ió, a[d]ió!
Leonor: Bye-bye, by-bye!

Letizia: “Aioyo”, se quiere ir.
Letizia: “Aioyo”, she wants to go.

Leonor: ¡A[d]ió!
Leonor: Bye-bye!

Felipe: Muchas gracias, señores.
Felipe: Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.

Periodistas: [?]
Press: [?]

Letizia: La verdad que no.
Letizia: Actually I [?] didn’t.

Last edited:
Leonor seems to like all the attention, she sure knows how to get it, what an adorable little girl.

BeautyLeonor said:
I think equally, Sofia is not darker,she will be blond too

Is it really that important that one is darker than the other? So what if she is not blonde, is she not as beautiful? I think Sofia is beautiful just the way she is. Whether she is dark or light, she is wonderful and healthy.

Duncan said:
Here is what I can get from the dialogue on agm's video (YouTube - Primera aparición pública de la Infanta SofÃ*a):

Felipe, Letizia and Leonor at Sofía's presentation - PART 1

Periodistas: Parece más morena...
Press: Her skin looks darker…

Felipe: Es más morenita.
Felipe: She is a little bit darker.

Periodistas: ¿Qué tal está, Alteza?
Press: How do you feel, Your Highness?

Letizia: Muy bien, muchas gracias.
Letizia: Very well, thank you very much.

Periodistas: ¿Y la experiencia de tener la segunda hija?
Press: What about the experience of having your second daughter?

Letizia: Muy bien, estupendo.
Letizia: Very well, it's wonderful.

Leonor: Yo, yo, papá, ot[r]o.
Leonor: Me, me, daddy, another [meaning she wants the second microphone cover, since she got one already].

Periodistas: ¿Cómo la alimenta?
Press: How are you feeding her?

Letizia: Estoy con lactancia materna, voy a estar igual que Leonor, lo mismo también, a dedicarme a la niña y a... a estar con ella.
Letizia: I am breastfeeding, I am going to be just as Leonor, just the same, I will devoid myself to the girl and… being with her.

Felipe: Bueno, también viene bien que sea un viernes y...
Felipe: Well, how convenient today being a Friday and…

Letizia [a Leonor]: ¿Qué haces con eso?
Letizia [to Leonor]: What are you doing with that? [with the microphone covers]

Periodistas: ¿Señora, a quién se parece la niña?
Press: Madam, whom does the girl look like?

Felipe: Yo creo que todos los padres saben cómo hay que desmultiplicarse, ¿no?, con cada... con cada hijo que llega...
Felipe: I believe that all parents know how to unmultiply themselves, don’t they?, with each… with each child that comes…

Leonor: Yoyo, yoyo.
Leonor: Me, me, me, me. [meaning "these amazing microphone covers are now mine"?]

Felipe: ... pero hacemos lo posible porque queremos ser los mejores padres para ellos [?], así que... estamos encantados.
Felipe: …but we try our best because we want to be the best parents for them, so… we are delighted.

Periodistas: ¿...el bautizo?
Press: What about the christening?

Felipe: No sabemos exactamente, no, no lo sabemos.
Felipe: We don’t know exactly, no, we don’t know.

Periodistas: ¿...el nombre?
Press: What about the name?

Felipe: Bueno...
Felipe: Well...

Letizia: Nos hacía mucha ilusión a los dos que se llamara como la reina y además es un nombre precioso.
Letizia: We both were looking forward for her to bear the same name as the queen and, in addition, it is a beautiful name.

Periodistas: Señora, se dijo que el nombre fue decisión suya...
Press: Madam, it was said that the name was your decision…

Letizia: A mí me... me hacía también eso, mucha ilusión que se llamara como la reina y creo que... que a ella le ha encantado también, o sea que...
Letizia: To me… I was also as I said, very eager for her to bear the same name as the queen and I believe that… that she [the queen] is also delighted, so…

Thank you very much Duncan for this transcription! Now I see that also Leonor was "participating" very egearly in this short conference for press...
:lol:

I have to say that I just watched the video of them leaving Ruber again (because I wanted to listed with the transcriptions posted), and I think that this is the most beautiful that I have ever seen Letizia, more than her wedding, than the Danish wedding in the red dress, in posed pictures, ever. Her love for her children makes her happier, and she has that glow.
And then there's Leonor, who just steals the show (along with the microphone covers)

Like I said before, what a beautiful family! Letizia looks very amazing, happy, glowing with a maternal beauty. Leonor is just precious, and she seemed to want to make her opinion known as well! Sofia was dressed in a very pretty outfit, very delicate. The parents seem to always dress their children very nice, and I always see Leonor in the cutest little outfits, and probably will soon see Sofia in them as well.

Now, since up to now I behaved myself, let me just say two things and please don't bite me, especially after the trouble I took with the transcription.

One, every time I see this family I can't help seing Letizia as the head of state to be, and Felipe as the devoted, stay-at-home parent.

Two, since their public life mainly consists in promoting themselves, I wonder why they have been avoiding showing Leonor in the open as they did yesterday, even giving rise to false rumors about the girl's health. Finally she has proven to be their best asset.

Felipe: I believe that all parents know how to unmultiply themselves, don’t they?, with each… with each child that comes

I think that sometimes Felipe does not speak the best Spanish. I still remember when he said "mojon" for the showers/rain that the photographers had to sustain during Letizia's sister's wake. What is desmultiplicarse? Is that correct Spanish? What does it mean?

I'm so glad the girls look alike- there will be no need for a comparison amongst them, they're both equally beautiful!!

And it really warms my heart to see Letizia so joyful again. I think Leonor and Sofia will do a lot to help their mother overcome the loss of her sister- she can teach her two little ones how to be good sisters to each other, as well. Thank goodness Letizia was able to come through this pregnancy safely.

And I could really sense a deep connection between Felipe and Letizia- he and Leo have such a deep bond, as well, and the four of them are a real unit!

Duncan said:
Now, since up to now I behaved myself, let me just say two things and please don't bite me, especially after the trouble I took with the transcription.

One, every time I see this family I can't help seing Letizia as the head of state to be, and Felipe as the devoted, stay-at-home parent.

Two, since their public life mainly consists in promoting themselves, I wonder why they have been avoiding showing Leonor in the open as they did yesterday, even giving rise to false rumors about the girl's health. Finally she has proven to be their best asset.

Dear Duncan,
I can't resist to congratulate you for your excellent transcrption, you have respect the rythm, the breath and the pertinence of the words. In particulary for Leonor you have mad a absoluty academic translation.:smartass: :bunny:

Just a little word, may be I'm totaly wrong, it seems to me that for you, the men who take care with their spouses of theirs chidren are quiet....housewifes:rolleyes: It's a little bit sexist, isen'i? , or is the old machist Spain who is speaking:shifty: :punk: I can beleive that:blink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom