Presentation of Infanta Leonor to the Virgin of Atocha: June 7, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crisiñaki said:
when Felipe lifted her up I got a "Lion King" feeling, don't you?:D:D:D
hahaha:) :) that's right, he was sooo proud on that moment and on the whole ceremony, both were:)

This little Princess gives new meaning to the term " Her Serene Highness". Hee! Hee! Cheesey, I know! But I could not resist. She is definately one beautiful baby.
What I like most about her parents is the way they carry her. Out of all these pictures, I have only seen one where they are carrying her backwards, where she is looking over their shoulders. They always carry her frontwards so that she can see and can be seen. A very nice gesture on thier part. And probably much appreciated by everyone else.

crisiñaki said:
when Felipe lifted her up I got a "Lion King" feeling, don't you?:D:D:D

You thought about this? :D :D :D

(photo by EFE/20minutos)

Last edited by a moderator:
When you are watching all the pics one day after the event, you are absolutly astonished by th great calm of the Infanta. On the moment, you didn't realize very well that it's a so litlle girl, just seven monthss, but she is very tall and particulary her look so piercing and her expression so sharp that you are thinking she understan all what happens.
May be, it's a little bit exagrered- I find not, but i'm biaised- but this so beautifull little girl give a great feeling of observation....So fascinating!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/452706-post183.html
Lula, so sweet and so funny, Hehehehehe

Last edited:
lula said:

(photo by EFE/20minutos)

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought!, it was funny isn't it?:D:D

Many,many Thanks LCM for your informations , your are a very hard worker for the spanish threads. You are absolutly fantastic, go on girl !!:p:D

She is very cute, getting quite big too.:) Does anyone know if that's a scratch on Leonor's nose or a birth mark? I remember seeing that when she was born and they were at the photo call infront of the hospital.

Leonor has to be one of the most well-behaved babies I have ever seen. She looks so wise and beyond her years. Let's hope she doesn't grow too fast! :D

HRHAmy said:
Does anyone know if that's a scratch on Leonor's nose or a birth mark? I remember seeing that when she was born and they were at the photo call infront of the hospital.

that's her angioma. but it's slowly starting to disappear, which is good. :)

lula said:

(photo by EFE/20minutos)

ha ha! that was funny lula! it never entered my mind but now that you guys have mentioned it, i agree, it echoes that scene in the movie. :D ;)

Thank you very very much who had posted all the picutres of the event .....

Infanta Leonor is growing to a beautiful baby and princess....

Thanxs again everyone.....:) :) :)

Leonor is such a beautiful baby and her parents love her so much you can see it in the pics .

lula said:

(photo by EFE/20minutos)
Hahaha, my favorite cartoon (I cry every time I watch it, but who don't:D) and my favourite little princess:)

Last edited by a moderator:

From many I pick a few and built this Slideshow, to honour this special day in Infanta Dona Leonor's Life, and to honour the 100th part of the great job done by all of you in this thread... You're Great! (except LaChica ;) who went shopping instead of helping us... sorry, Dear, couldn't resist provoking you:D ihihihihih. Now, seriously, if you notice the first pic on slideshow is yours from ABC :) )

Hope you like it!

Regards,
mtbcm:)

Fantastic slideshow mtcbm! Thank you so much.

From Juan Manuel de Prada (PN: I guess he is that man among the frails dressed with the bordeaux polo shirt)

June throws to Madrid a barbarian sun that calms its fever between the acacias' shadows.
When I enter the Basilica of the Virgin of Atocha the good town of Madrid is already filling it. In the air the vibration of fans moving, a climate of unexpected and jubilant Sunday. The ones in charge of the protocol insist on sending me to the choir, where the credited journalists have been confined, but being nosy person I look for father Lorenzo Pascua, who waits the beginning of the ceremony in one of the banks reserved to the frails of the convent. To Pascua Father, deep at his meditations, disturbs in the beginning my arrival; but when the other frails, who arrange themselves to occupy their seat, warn him of my identity, he smiles surprised. Their reserves have dissipated, suddenly, and although, by pudor, I try to move away, he forces me to stay by his side, camouflaged between the white habits of the Dominican Frails, that have the austere perfume of a picture of Zurbarán. "Please note that the difference with my bordeaux Niki is going to strike much before the cameras", I oppose, somewhat shy. "No, no, you do not move from here", insists. Although I feel as Marcelino Pan and Vino, a little deteriotated and obese, I bear not to desobeye.

An Old Tradition

The image of the Virgin has been dresses for the occasion with the red velvet and ermine mantle offered by Queen Isabel II. Although the attire perhaps add solemnity, spoils somehow her undressed beauty, very delicately and bizantine. The image of Virgin of Atocha, that survived miraculously the profanaciones of the french and to massacre of 36 -- when most of the friars of the convent were martyred -- the brown face, almost black has on her knees Little Jesus who seems something choked between the orders of the Toisón and Carlos III. Proclaimed protective of the Spanish Monarchy in 1643 by Felipe IV, the Royal Family wanted, since the times of Isabel II, to offer to the Virgin of Atocha their children and to invoke her protection, in a tradition that is happily renewed today, with the presentation of Infant Leonor. And it is that there are traditions that guarantee the survival of our spiritual genealogy; traditions that, in their concise simplicity, explain what we are, which we will always be, no matter how much they want to confiscate our soul.

The Princes entered the basilica, summoning on their way a tide of applause. Leonor watches with perplexity the concurrence, with big eyes in which the concave sea is congregated: she is chubby and blondie, and she has deliciously chubby arms that sometimes extendes towards the people. Princess Letizia holds her with a single arm; despite her petit figure, transmits a vigor impression that makes her more beautiful. Don Felipe distributes between the people that calm cordiality that always has characterized him: he has in the smile a joy of a newly father or a cadet who finishes graduating. The choir echoes the first compasses of a chant that recalls the exultación -- nunc dimittis -- of that called man Simeón, who after seeing with his own eyes in the temple of Jerusalem the Salvator considered his life fulfilled.

That same exultación is transmitted like a benign licor between the assistants of this ceremony, who secretly speak between themselves and they are put of point of their feet to watch what happens at the altar. After the offer of the baby to the Virgin of Atocha, that completes Cardinal Rouco with the conspiracy of the microphones, the assistants start to sing popular Salve in whose notes the fervor of a millenarian and simple faith like the wheat travels: "Life and sweete, hope ours". Doña Leonor just make small moves; but once in a while she returns the head towards the audience, as if she tried to decipher the sense of those words in which the universe nests such a great hope.

After the blessing, her father takes her in arms, rises her and offers her to the Virgin of Atocha. It is an emotional moment that the good town of Madrid say vitories and applauds. In that gesture, that happened spontaneously to the Prince, there is a bet decided by the future, that he is as much as to say a bet decided by tradition. Amongst the commotion of their departure, I am successful at shaking the hand of Princess Letizia: in her handshake there is the same vigorous frankness as in her smile, a frankness without hidden nooks or corners, extensive and expansive like a sun drenched plaza.

http://www.abc.es/20060608/nacional-nacional/como-manda-tradicion_200606080828.html (a link posted by Lucys here)

Little_star said:
Fantastic slideshow mtcbm! Thank you so much.
viola said:
Thanks for the slideshow mtcbm.

You're welcome :)!

Regards,
mtbcm

Mtcbm, your slideshow, a great opus, many thanks ! What a job in the choozing of very appropiate pics among a lot of one's. Yes, it's a great, great work ( a little detail this awful frog..... You understand me )

When you are watching, by your slideshow, at the little Infanta you can see how she is looking so intensely towards her father, how she is looking around for her mother and particulary how she is attentive at all which it's happens around her.

The Leonor's look is, may be, the thing the most extraordinary of this so beautyfull little girl.

Thanks again.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Hahaha, my favorite cartoon (I cry every time I watch it, but who don't:D) and my favourite little princess:)
what makes you cry is the music, I watched it without it and didn't cry (the only time I didn't:D ).
I like that movie so much I thought I was the only one who saw the "lion king" resemblance in Felipe's actions with Leonor but I guess I'm not the only Simba lover around here:D:D

crisiñaki said:
what makes you cry is the music, I watched it without it and didn't cry (the only time I didn't:D ).
I like that movie so much I thought I was the only one who saw the "lion king" resemblance in Felipe's actions with Leonor but I guess I'm not the only Simba lover around here:D:D
The music is perfect, certainly, but I cry when I see the scene of Mufasa's death:(:D:(

Oh God, I'm soooo nervous, Polish team is now playing with Ecuador in Germany:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
Just another couple of photos, released by Hola:

She's lovely, and she looks so loved by her family - it's a pleasure to see.

The Leonor's look to her dad is a true poem, so expressive for a little girl of seven month.:)
I'm sur that Felipe might to have some trubbles to resist at this so sweet look.:p

Let pay attention, Felipe, your so beautiful little girl shall doing you a crazy daddy:D

Wow...these pictures are remarkable! Thank you so very much for posting!!

Beautiful baby ! Super proud parents!

beatiful felipe,letizia an leonor they are good they are family perfect

Leonor is such a beautiful baby girl. indeed she is the most beautiful baby girl i've ever seen. There's another royal baby named Leonore. The newest baby of Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands. They've got the same name..although the spelling is different because the Dutch baby has an E at the end of her name.. Anyway, back to Infanta leonor..she's gonna be a great queen someday. I hope they change the cconstitution now so that Leonor will become HM Leonor Queen of Spain.. Isn't that wonderful?:) :)

mtbcm said:
It is on this expression, when Leonor looks directly to dad's eye, that I can see a little Letizia on her. In this pic she seems saying "Oh daddy can we go home now?!" :)

Dear mtbcm ( strange initials...for a secret society for the Da VincI code?:D)I like very much your super sens of humor.

As the little Leonor have a very expressive look, we can imagine a lot of captions, for example " Dad, do you think that I have very well acted my Infanta's role to day ? "
or " Don't be anxious, dearest daddy, to be an Infanta it's very natural for me!"
And so on, and so on:D:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom