The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 02:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks lots everybody for all those lovely pics of Leonor, she is really cute and adorable. I like the photo that takes closer to her face sleeping most, how sweet and innocent is that photo!She has a cutie and rounded face. I would think of her as one of the most cute Royal baby in the those recent few years. Hope all best for Letizia and Leonor.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 11-09-2005, 03:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

do not think the greek orthodox family members are out, the religions are similar,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Ah. I didn't think of that. Of Course. As Greek Orthodox, the Greek family are out aren't they?

Old 11-09-2005, 04:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eonor162hu.jpg
I wonder if HOLA should have touched up the pictures some. Is it my imagination or Letizia looks very wrinkled in this cover? I have never seen her like that. She looks tired. Do they usually touch up the picture before the mag is out?

ps. NO OFFENSE WITH ANY COMMENTS. JUST AN OPINION.
Its probably due to having a new born baby. Even though Leonor sleeps a lot i'm sure they are up most nights changing nappies and feeding baby.

btw great avatars annaraikko!!:)
Old 11-09-2005, 06:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eonor162hu.jpg
I wonder if HOLA should have touched up the pictures some. Is it my imagination or Letizia looks very wrinkled in this cover? I have never seen her like that. She looks tired. Do they usually touch up the picture before the mag is out?

ps. NO OFFENSE WITH ANY COMMENTS. JUST AN OPINION.
I am glad Hola didn't touch the photos. Letizia must have lost weight, she now has a baby to take care, and she is gone through a c-section after some difficult weeks. It's normal that she looks that way.
And Letizia's face is always a mirror. When she is sad she looks sad, when she is stressed we can see that in her face. So now we are seeing a first-time mum who must be anxious and a litle overwhelmed about everything she is living. And if you pay attention the Prince himself looked tired.

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 11-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
the "dress" Infanta Leonor wore on the day she left the clinic...is there any historic ties to it?

or ....is it the baptism robe that has the "history" to it?
The outfit she wore on Monday (but not the receiving blanket) was the gift given to them by the mayor of Palma de Mallorca on the first day of their official trip to the Balleric Islands right after the announcement that they were expecting. There is a very famous infant clothing store in Palma that carries all traditional clothing and much of it is made by hand.

When she is baptised she will likely wear the same gown worn by King Juan Carlos, his three children and all his grandchildren.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Serene Highness

[quote=lucys]The outfit she wore on Monday (but not the receiving blanket) was the gift given to them by the mayor of Palma de Mallorca on the first day of their official trip to the Balleric Islands right after the announcement that they were expecting.

Thanks for the explanation. It was so delicate, and beautifully made, that I also wondered what the background was on it.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Courtier

Leonor is a very pretty baby and Letizia looks surprisingly very good and not that exhausted that I expected.Wonderful family and I don´t think it will be the last baby, there are more to come in future..:)
Old 11-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucys
The outfit she wore on Monday (but not the receiving blanket) was the gift given to them by the mayor of Palma de Mallorca on the first day of their official trip to the Balleric Islands right after the announcement that they were expecting. There is a very famous infant clothing store in Palma that carries all traditional clothing and much of it is made by hand.

When she is baptised she will likely wear the same gown worn by King Juan Carlos, his three children and all his grandchildren.
Although in some program of television there are saying, I believe it that it is not the gift of Majorca, that jacket had bows and this does not have them. In addition, they have received many gifts of different sites, to put one to him and another one could not bother to anybody probably is some that they have bought.

I imagine that they have several similar sets.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Aristocracy

http://www.madamefigaro.fr/people/20051103.MAD0022.html
Old 11-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here is the balears jacket/dress, there is a ribbon on the lower part.
facetoface
Old 11-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapopdiva
Anna if you have time, can you please put some avatar pictures off the baby in the royal spanish list of avatar? Because when i try to put some i have on my pc it doesn't show here, only the avatar picture in the list works for me.Pleasee ,Thank you.
My dear friends, as you know, at present, we are experiencing a technical glitch in being unable to upload newly-created avatars to TRF's Avatar Galleries. Until we can upload them to our permanent gallery, the avatars are being posted at this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/trf-members-create-avatars-7185.html

Elsa M.
(TRF's Supermoderator)
Old 11-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Here is the balears jacket/dress, there is a ribbon on the lower part.
facetoface

Thank you Larzen, now if I am sure that it is not the same. Besides the skirt they have the bow of level, and the one that was taking Leonor bow of fabric. Certainly, I am charmed with the image of the hands of above, it is beautiful to see the close hands of the 3.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do not want to argue about a dress , but belive it is the same since both have a satin ribbon, and there is three rows of holes on both the balearic top and the one Leonor is wearing.
http://img326.imageshack.us/my.php?i...06442674et.jpg
http://www.casareal.es/casareal/images/pastfam01x.jpg
Anyway it does not matter. the baby is precious nomatter where the clothes come from.

Is it expected that they will bring Leonor to the Attocha cathedral? Would that be a public event or just a private visit? Has the infantas done that with their children?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Is it expected that they will bring Leonor to the Attocha cathedral? Would that be a public event or just a private visit? Has the infantas done that with their children?
The certain thing is that nothing of that is known, have not commented anything. The Infants baptized to their children in the Zarzuela and presented before the Virgin of the chapel of the Zarzuela their children. The tradition to go to the Virgin of Atocha is for the Infants, and the last time that became it was with Prince Felipe. So one does not know what they will do.

It is not known either where it will be the baptism, the press speculates with the possibility that instead of in the Zarzuela it is in the chapel of the Reoyal Palace we will have to wait for the news.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Aristocracy

Pics from SEMANA

Here there is what the proud parents said:
(Sorry if the translation isn´t good enough)

LETIZIA: "She is gorgeous. I´m doing fine even though a C-section is very uncomfortable, but I´m fine".

"It´s hard to say when I´ll come back to my official dutties as I´m breastfeeding her... After Christmas, probably."

"I don´t know who does she look like. What do you think?... She´s very beautiful and calm".

FELIPE: "All she does is eating and sleeping".

"She´s got blue eyes by now but she barely opens them".

"We haven´t slept much these past nights. The normal thing in this case".

"I handle her okay, very gentle. Step by step".

"I don´t know who does she look like because she´s changing every day".

"Yes, she´s very beautiful... What can I say?! I´m partial".

"She cried during the first days but not anymore".
Old 11-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

More pics from SEMANA

Old 11-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the pics, annaraikko. Look, there was a man, playing on the guitar and singing and some old lady on the weelchair who wanted to see the little Infanta too...:o
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leo161fx.jpg
Old 11-09-2005, 12:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Thanks for the pics, annaraikko. Look, there was a man, playing on the guitar and singing and some old lady on the weelchair who wanted to see the little Infanta too...:o
http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leo161fx.jpg
I didn´t notice that, thanks! The man with the guitar is quite weird, don´t you think? Not the man but the whole situation I mean (with the guitar). People could think Spanish go and dance Flamenco everywhere and that´s not true!
Old 11-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaraikko
I didn´t notice that, thanks! The man with the guitar is quite weird, don´t you think? Not the man but the whole situation I mean (with the guitar). People could think Spanish go and dance Flamenco everywhere and that´s not true!
Spain torero oleee
Old 11-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Nobility

Slide show on the little princess and her proud parents;

http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/k...icle489772.ece

Scroll to the bottom of the page and press the red arrow...

Closed Thread