The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

Three more Avatars

Old 11-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Today, some portuguese newspapers had pics of Leonor on their covers (a national mag even launched a special edition about the presentation). I was on my way to university and i only hear people talking about that cute baby on covers Was realy fun to see all the comentaries "ahhhhhhhh soooooo cuteeeeeee", "who's that cute, cute baby? So beautiful!!", "How lucky spaniards are having that cuteeeee baby as an Infanta"... Even my collegues (and i heard some teachers in the lunch also) talked about the baby beauty

Leonor is crossing borders and conquering hearts all over

Old 11-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Commoner

Infanta Leonor is sooooo cute!!!! How lovely! Doña Letizia looks great, we can´t tell she just gave birth. And prince Felipe is gorgeous as awlays :)
Old 11-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Courtier

Arrow

From Clarin.com

http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/2753/zr754iq.jpg
http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/120/zr760qx.jpg
Old 11-08-2005, 07:32 PM
Courtier

I think someone was looking for a photo of Princess Letizia in the car with the baby Leonor in the carseat--here's one and you can see how she continues to hold her little daughter's hand. It's a cute photo. I also added one from Corbis--I like Prince Felipe's grin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	42-15978724.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	211613  
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Courtier

This is a cute article from Argentina: its headline is that "The Spansh go crazy over photos of sleepy Leonor"

http://www.corrientesnoticias.com.ar....php?nid=12015
Old 11-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Serene Highness

She's just adorable! Thanks for all the pictures of little Leonor! :)
Old 11-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Royal Highness

Leonor is just beautiful! She is going to be even more beautiful as a woman, I can see features from both of her parents already.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:19 PM

Any idea when she'll be baptised?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
They said after Christmas--so I would guess the first half of January.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The only clue Prince Felipe gave us is that it'll happen after Christmas. They don't even released the name of the godparents yet. Tough decision in their hands...
Old 11-08-2005, 08:32 PM

Thankyou both!

Will her Great Uncle Constantine and Great Aunt Anne-Marie be asked to be Godparent do you think? Or maybe Crown Prince Pavlos?
Old 11-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Courtier

I think the godparents have to be Catholic, so they're definitely going to be family members.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:45 PM

Ah. I didn't think of that. Of Course. As Greek Orthodox, the Greek family are out aren't they?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Commoner

Hi all...my name is yaya. I'm not really a newbie here. However, this is my first post. I can't help myself to say that Leonor is a very-very-very cute baby..I agree with those who said that Leonor is the cutest royal baby so far:) You know what, I even put the official picture -with felipe holds the little Leonor- as my laptop's wallpaper:)

Anyway, I also want to say thanks for those who have posted all of the pictures and the articles. I really enjoy it:)
Old 11-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Courtier

Leonor is such an adorable baby. :)

I love the family portraits of Felipe and Letizia with Leonor and with King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia and Jesus and Paloma. The family looks very close and loving. I also really appreciate that the family pictures don't seem so heavily airbrushed so that everyone looks like porcelain dolls.

So will there be another session this weekend, perhaps with Felipe's sisters and their families and Letizia's sisters? It would be a good opportunity for a new, updated family portrait of the Spanish royal family (and a good one for Christmas cards).

Quote:
Ah. I didn't think of that. Of Course. As Greek Orthodox, the Greek family are out aren't they?
Alexia is the godmother of one of Cristina's sons, so I wouldn't count them out entirely.

I don't know what religion the Bulgarian royals are, but one of the Bulgarian princes is also a godfather to one of Cristina's sons.

I think Leonor's godparents will be the King or Queen and one of Letizia's parents (probably her mom). Felipe's godparents were his grandparents, so it would make sense for Felipe and Letizia to carry on this tradition.

Forgot to ask if there might be a special collector's issue of Hola to mark Leonor's birth? That is one I would buy for sure.

Old 11-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Courtier

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eonor162hu.jpg
I wonder if HOLA should have touched up the pictures some. Is it my imagination or Letizia looks very wrinkled in this cover? I have never seen her like that. She looks tired. Do they usually touch up the picture before the mag is out?

ps. NO OFFENSE WITH ANY COMMENTS. JUST AN OPINION.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eonor162hu.jpg
I wonder if HOLA should have touched up the pictures some. Is it my imagination or Letizia looks very wrinkled in this cover? I have never seen her like that. She looks tired. Do they usually touch up the picture before the mag is out?

ps. NO OFFENSE WITH ANY COMMENTS. JUST AN OPINION.
Spanish magazines aren't in the habit of airbrushing. Why should they? Letizia has some wrinkles around her eyes (so does Felipe), especially when she smiles, since her smiles are real and therefore the muscles on her face actually move--so what? Maxima has wrinkles too. Both Letizia and Maxima have smiles that can light an entire room. And guess what, when not airbrushed out, such renowned young beauties as Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron also have wrinkles around the eyes. It makes none of these women any less beautiful--unless of course you are inclined towards fake-over-worked-heavily-made-up-botox women. The photo on Hola's cover--in my opinion--is a beautiful image of a real family radiant with happiness.

Back to Leonor, go to www.semana.es and you can see the lovely cover they have of the adorable new Infanta.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:57 AM
Courtier

the "dress" Infanta Leonor wore on the day she left the clinic...is there any historic ties to it?

or ....is it the baptism robe that has the "history" to it?
Old 11-09-2005, 02:11 AM
Royal Highness

She is so precious!! Look at those chubby little cheeks!! She has blond hair, but it will grow darker as she grows older. She has the look of an Infanta!

Closed Thread