Presentation of Infanta Leonor: November 7, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three more Avatars

avat11.jpg
avat10.jpg
avat9.jpg

Today, some portuguese newspapers had pics of Leonor on their covers (a national mag even launched a special edition about the presentation). I was on my way to university and i only hear people talking about that cute baby on covers :D Was realy fun to see all the comentaries "ahhhhhhhh soooooo cuteeeeeee", "who's that cute, cute baby? So beautiful!!", "How lucky spaniards are having that cuteeeee baby as an Infanta"... Even my collegues (and i heard some teachers in the lunch also) talked about the baby beauty :rolleyes:

Leonor is crossing borders and conquering hearts all over :cool:

Infanta Leonor is sooooo cute!!!! How lovely! Doña Letizia looks great, we can´t tell she just gave birth. And prince Felipe is gorgeous as awlays :)

I think someone was looking for a photo of Princess Letizia in the car with the baby Leonor in the carseat--here's one and you can see how she continues to hold her little daughter's hand. It's a cute photo. I also added one from Corbis--I like Prince Felipe's grin.

Attachments

• 42-15978724.jpg
    42-15978724.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 246
  • f077mh02.jpg
    f077mh02.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 394
She's just adorable! Thanks for all the pictures of little Leonor! :)

Leonor is just beautiful! She is going to be even more beautiful as a woman, I can see features from both of her parents already.:D

Any idea when she'll be baptised?

BeatrixFan said:
Any idea when she'll be baptised?

The only clue Prince Felipe gave us is that it'll happen after Christmas. They don't even released the name of the godparents yet. Tough decision in their hands...

Thankyou both!

Will her Great Uncle Constantine and Great Aunt Anne-Marie be asked to be Godparent do you think? Or maybe Crown Prince Pavlos?

I think the godparents have to be Catholic, so they're definitely going to be family members.

Ah. I didn't think of that. Of Course. As Greek Orthodox, the Greek family are out aren't they?

Hi all...my name is yaya. I'm not really a newbie here. However, this is my first post. I can't help myself to say that Leonor is a very-very-very cute baby..I agree with those who said that Leonor is the cutest royal baby so far:) You know what, I even put the official picture -with felipe holds the little Leonor- as my laptop's wallpaper:)

Anyway, I also want to say thanks for those who have posted all of the pictures and the articles. I really enjoy it:)

Leonor is such an adorable baby. :)

I love the family portraits of Felipe and Letizia with Leonor and with King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia and Jesus and Paloma. The family looks very close and loving. I also really appreciate that the family pictures don't seem so heavily airbrushed so that everyone looks like porcelain dolls.

So will there be another session this weekend, perhaps with Felipe's sisters and their families and Letizia's sisters? It would be a good opportunity for a new, updated family portrait of the Spanish royal family (and a good one for Christmas cards).

BeatrixFan said:
Ah. I didn't think of that. Of Course. As Greek Orthodox, the Greek family are out aren't they?

Alexia is the godmother of one of Cristina's sons, so I wouldn't count them out entirely.

I don't know what religion the Bulgarian royals are, but one of the Bulgarian princes is also a godfather to one of Cristina's sons.

I think Leonor's godparents will be the King or Queen and one of Letizia's parents (probably her mom). Felipe's godparents were his grandparents, so it would make sense for Felipe and Letizia to carry on this tradition.

Forgot to ask if there might be a special collector's issue of Hola to mark Leonor's birth? That is one I would buy for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leonor162hu.jpg
I wonder if HOLA should have touched up the pictures some. Is it my imagination or Letizia looks very wrinkled in this cover? I have never seen her like that. She looks tired. Do they usually touch up the picture before the mag is out?

ps. NO OFFENSE WITH ANY COMMENTS. JUST AN OPINION.

Roxsteve said:
I wonder if HOLA should have touched up the pictures some. Is it my imagination or Letizia looks very wrinkled in this cover? I have never seen her like that. She looks tired. Do they usually touch up the picture before the mag is out?

Spanish magazines aren't in the habit of airbrushing. Why should they? Letizia has some wrinkles around her eyes (so does Felipe), especially when she smiles, since her smiles are real and therefore the muscles on her face actually move--so what? Maxima has wrinkles too. Both Letizia and Maxima have smiles that can light an entire room. And guess what, when not airbrushed out, such renowned young beauties as Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron also have wrinkles around the eyes. It makes none of these women any less beautiful--unless of course you are inclined towards fake-over-worked-heavily-made-up-botox women. The photo on Hola's cover--in my opinion--is a beautiful image of a real family radiant with happiness.

Back to Leonor, go to www.semana.es and you can see the lovely cover they have of the adorable new Infanta.

the "dress" Infanta Leonor wore on the day she left the clinic...is there any historic ties to it?

or ....is it the baptism robe that has the "history" to it?

She is so precious!! Look at those chubby little cheeks!! She has blond hair, but it will grow darker as she grows older. She has the look of an Infanta!

Thanks lots everybody for all those lovely pics of Leonor, she is really cute and adorable. I like the photo that takes closer to her face sleeping most, how sweet and innocent is that photo!She has a cutie and rounded face. I would think of her as one of the most cute Royal baby in the those recent few years. Hope all best for Letizia and Leonor.

do not think the greek orthodox family members are out, the religions are similar,

BeatrixFan said:

Roxsteve said:

Its probably due to having a new born baby. Even though Leonor sleeps a lot i'm sure they are up most nights changing nappies and feeding baby.

btw great avatars annaraikko!!:)

Roxsteve said:

I am glad Hola didn't touch the photos. Letizia must have lost weight, she now has a baby to take care, and she is gone through a c-section after some difficult weeks. It's normal that she looks that way.
And Letizia's face is always a mirror. When she is sad she looks sad, when she is stressed we can see that in her face. So now we are seeing a first-time mum who must be anxious and a litle overwhelmed about everything she is living. And if you pay attention the Prince himself looked tired.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

bigheadshirmp said:
the "dress" Infanta Leonor wore on the day she left the clinic...is there any historic ties to it?

or ....is it the baptism robe that has the "history" to it?
The outfit she wore on Monday (but not the receiving blanket) was the gift given to them by the mayor of Palma de Mallorca on the first day of their official trip to the Balleric Islands right after the announcement that they were expecting. There is a very famous infant clothing store in Palma that carries all traditional clothing and much of it is made by hand.

When she is baptised she will likely wear the same gown worn by King Juan Carlos, his three children and all his grandchildren.

lucys said:
The outfit she wore on Monday (but not the receiving blanket) was the gift given to them by the mayor of Palma de Mallorca on the first day of their official trip to the Balleric Islands right after the announcement that they were expecting.

Thanks for the explanation. It was so delicate, and beautifully made, that I also wondered what the background was on it.

Leonor is a very pretty baby and Letizia looks surprisingly very good and not that exhausted that I expected.Wonderful family and I don´t think it will be the last baby, there are more to come in future..:)

lucys said:
The outfit she wore on Monday (but not the receiving blanket) was the gift given to them by the mayor of Palma de Mallorca on the first day of their official trip to the Balleric Islands right after the announcement that they were expecting. There is a very famous infant clothing store in Palma that carries all traditional clothing and much of it is made by hand.

When she is baptised she will likely wear the same gown worn by King Juan Carlos, his three children and all his grandchildren.

Although in some program of television there are saying, I believe it that it is not the gift of Majorca, that jacket had bows and this does not have them. In addition, they have received many gifts of different sites, to put one to him and another one could not bother to anybody probably is some that they have bought.

I imagine that they have several similar sets.

Here is the balears jacket/dress, there is a ribbon on the lower part.
facetoface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom