Official visit to the United States. June 14 to 19, 2018.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
Their Majesties the King and Queen will travel to the United States of America from June 14 to 19. During their stay, they will visit New Orleans (Louisiana) and San Antonio (Texas), two cities that celebrate the three hundred years of their respective foundations this year and that hold important historical testimonies of the deep and close ties that unite Spain and the United States.

Later, on the 19th, King Felipe and Queen Letizia will officially visit Washington D.C., where they will be received at the White House by the President of the United States, Donald Trump, and the First Lady, Melania Trump.

Viaje de Sus Majestades los Reyes a Estados Unidos

Last edited:
Thursday 14

Arrival at the New Orleans International Airport

Friday 15

Meeting with the governor of Louisiana, John B. Edwards

Official welcome to New Orleans at Gallier Hall and handing over of the keys to the City

Visit to "Recovered Memories: Spain, New Orleans, and the Support for the American Revolution" exhibition

Saturday 16

Cultural show of the city of Louisiana related to jazz and 'Mardi Gras' in the Museum of Art of New Orleans

Move to San Antonio

Sunday 17

Official welcome to the City of San Antonio in the Governor's Palace and the delivery of the first edition of the key of the Missions of San Antonio

Visit to San José Mission

Opening of the exhibition "Designing America: Spain's Imprint in the U.S." at the Bexar County Courthouse

King Felipe will hold a meeting with the Governor of Texas, Greg Abbott

Official dinner of the City of San Antonio

Monday 18

King Felipe will hold a working meeting with a representation of Spanish companies in Texas

Inauguration of the exhibition "Masterpieces of Spanish Painting from Madrid Collections" at San Antonio Art Museum

Summit of Young Hispanic Leaders in the US organized by the Carolina Foundation

Tuesday 19

King Felipe and Queen Letizia will officially visit Washington D.C., where they will be received at the White House by the President of the United States, Donald Trump, and the First Lady, Melania Trump

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Viaje a Nueva Orleans (Luisiana), San Antonio (Texas) y Washington

They're in my hometown! We're visiting next weekend, so just missed them ;)

looks like letizia didn't join felipe for the first of engagements in NO.

They're in my hometown! We're visiting next weekend, so just missed them ;)

i see that you are in texas - you can still make it to san antonio tomorrow ;)

It is a beautiful trip. The kings have been received in a wonderful way, as always traveling to the US, but in New Orleans, it has been very special because they have treated them with immense affection, especially their mayor LaToya Cantrell who has spoiled them every day.
Now San Antonio. It will be difficult to overcome the N. O. but we will see ... hahaha

apparently F&L got the afternoon off in san antonio :)
i know it happens that royals get time off during official visits, but it is kind of rare so always makes me wonder what they do during that time... mostly rest, i assume, as official visits must be a tiring thing!

I wonder if there's much coverage of the visit by the US Media?

According to the newspaper El Pais, King Felipe will meet tomorrow with Presidents of the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, Jim Yong Kim and Luis Alberto Moreno, with the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Paul Ryan, with the leader of the Republican majority in the Senate, Mitch McConnell, and with the leader of the Democratic minority in the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi.

https://politica.elpais.com/politica/2018/06/18/actualidad/1529327984_491282.html

I wonder if there's much coverage of the visit by the US Media?

There was a short "blurb" on my local (Houston, TX) newscast Friday or Saturday night, but I have not seen anything since (caveat: I am not a regular newscast watcher - too depressing & also too one-sided for my tastes; I like all sides to be presented truthfully & objectively). On-line is still all Harry & Meaghan all the time, which was already old by the day of the wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom