Felipe and Letizia's Official Visit to Brazil & Uruguay: February 22-March 1, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The couple at the inauguration of President Tabare Vasquez of Uruguay on March 1, 2005.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 804
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 544
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 450
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 476
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 496
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 536
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 547
Elsa M. said:
Yes, all the clothes she's wearing on this trip are recycled. This was the third time she used that blue jacket with black pants (first time was before the wedding, when they paid tribute to the victims of 11th March in Attocha; second time was during their trip to Hungary). Also the third time she wore that red suit (first time before the wedding, to visit the Forum of Cultures Barcelona 2004; second time to the Prizes Principe de Viana). The periwinkle jacket with white skirt is itself a recycled outfit (the skirt is part of a white suit she usually wears with a crocodile belt) and this was also the third time she used them together (first time during the trip to Hungary; second time to visit the University Hospital of Navarre). Even the white suit is already the third time (first time was to receive the Olympic flame; second time to inaugurate the Chambers of Trade, Industry and Shipping) and she's combining now with the blouse that is part of the yellow/vanilla suit she had worn for a couple of times too.
And yes, they're all Spanish Designer clothes.

But still, Jaime Penafiel (always Jaime Penafiel...) can't stop beeating on her:

http://www.el-mundo.es/cronica/2004/467/1096293586.html

«Since the wedding, Letizia has attended a total of 66 official acts, almost half of them during six trips abroad (12 in Mexico, four in Dominican Republic, 8 in Panama, 20 in Hungary, 3 in the Vatican). Can you imagine the number of dresses, cocktail and gala outfits she's shone in these public appearances? More than 50, six of the most spectacular models were of Lorenzo Caprile. One of them still not used yet. To this it is necessary to add purses, shoes and other acessoirs. Just during the official trip to Hungary, six dresses, five purses and four pairs of shoes. If we consider princess Diana left at her death a closet with 500 suits, acquired throughout 16 years (from 1981, when she married, to 1997, when she passed away) Letizia, following this step, can fully surpass it. Let us hope she will not become such a fashion victim as queen Rania of Jordan».

I've always thought one of the values of a modern young royal to her country was the publicity she could potentially generate for native designers. She's chosen well, with what she's purchased until now, personally, I think she should have a larger budget. Maybe not become the clothes horse that Diana was, but then, I think Diana was so young and immature and lost in her role that she equated herself with that image for some time. But, even if she isn't an international "fashion superstar" like Rania (or ever even thought to spend that kind of money) there's no reason she couldn't wear Spanish designers and promote them within her own country. If she becomes known to be a huge recycler -- that prestige is somewhat lessened and the artists in her country will lose out on a big opportunity, don't you all think?

KSDiva said:
I've always thought one of the values of a modern young royal to her country was the publicity she could potentially generate for native designers. She's chosen well, with what she's purchased until now, personally, I think she should have a larger budget. Maybe not become the clothes horse that Diana was, but then, I think Diana was so young and immature and lost in her role that she equated herself with that image for some time. But, even if she isn't an international "fashion superstar" like Rania (or ever even thought to spend that kind of money) there's no reason she couldn't wear Spanish designers and promote them within her own country. If she becomes known to be a huge recycler -- that prestige is somewhat lessened and the artists in her country will lose out on a big opportunity, don't you all think?

I agree completely with your post KSDiva.

I do think that with the extensive and rigorous schedule Letizia maintains she should have a larger budget for her wardrobe. I don't mean for her to have rooms and rooms full of clothing, but I do feel that her recycling of clothes (as humble and realistic as it is) is getting to be too much. We are now seeing outfits repeated to close together. Letizia's wardrobe would be more than sufficient if she did half the royal duties she did, then the recylcing wouldn't be as obvious, but Letizia keeps a very busy schedule and seeing jackets and suits so often is getting boring.

I do like that she wears and favours an assortment of Spanish designers so frequently rather than wearing more well known couture designers. Particularly through her trips abroad, it is a tremendous opportunity to promote Spanish designers. Letizia, although of course she is a hard working individual in her own right, through her role as Princess of Asturias and the public attention it attracts, is a walking billboard for Spanish designers bringing a level of attention that they wouldn't be able to get otherwise.

I actually like Letizia for the reason that she isn't a clothes horse or that she doesn't seem to have an inkling of interest in being a model or a celebrity who poses in countless magazines. And that it's the work of serving Spain that carries her everyday -- but a bit less of the clothes recycling wouldn't hurt.

KSDiva said:

Alexandria said:
I do think that with the extensive and rigorous schedule Letizia maintains she should have a larger budget for her wardrobe. I don't mean for her to have rooms and rooms full of clothing, but I do feel that her recycling of clothes (as humble and realistic as it is) is getting to be too much. We are now seeing outfits repeated to close together. Letizia's wardrobe would be more than sufficient if she did half the royal duties she did, then the recylcing wouldn't be as obvious, but Letizia keeps a very busy schedule and seeing jackets and suits so often is getting boring.

I do like that she wears and favours an assortment of Spanish designers so frequently rather than wearing more well known couture designers. Particularly through her trips abroad, it is a tremendous opportunity to promote Spanish designers. Letizia, although of course she is a hard working individual in her own right, through her role as Princess of Asturias and the public attention it attracts, is a walking billboard for Spanish designers bringing a level of attention that they wouldn't be able to get otherwise.

I actually like Letizia for the reason that she isn't a clothes horse or that she doesn't seem to have an inkling of interest in being a model or a celebrity who poses in countless magazines. And that it's the work of serving Spain that carries her everyday -- but a bit less of the clothes recycling wouldn't hurt.
Well said both of you, I completely agree with you both!

rchainho said:
can you put here the reports that had appeared in magazines and newspapers in brazil?

As I stated in one of my previous posts, the coverage, at least for us in Rio de Janeiro, was almost zero.

They weren't featured on the papers or on the mags. The only time I saw them was on the Saturday they visited Candeal, when they appeared on TV.

I guess if they'd come to Rio, I would have had more to show you.

From Diez Minutos

Anedoctes from the trip to Brazil
The Princess of Asturias has recycled almost all of her wardrobe with lots of elegance

But this trip has brought some anedoctes that shows their humanity.

President Lula has established a serving system for his invitees: self-service. And that's how he's done to the princes as well.

Amongst the thousands of hands the princes shook during the trip, the most moved were, maybe, the hands of the Spanish immigrants. Don Felipe was the protagonist of a very cute anedocte, when an old lady told that, after saluting him, she could die peacefully. Felipe then said to her "Please, don't do this to me"

Another old lady, who needed to visit the cardiologist, didn't go to her appointment in order to meet the princes. Some others asked for the address so they could return the visit and the princes gave it to them.

Carlinhos Brown and his wife Helena Buarque, daughter of renowed Brazilian singer, Chico Buarque, offered typical necklaces from Bahia, a beautiful pink silk dress to the princess and a signed drum. Besides, Carlinhos took of a necklace from his own neck to offer it to Letizia. He had nice words to the princess, to whom he wished "the best of luck for this beautiful family you're going to build"

A local tour guide of Bahia entered the San Francisco monastery to salute the prince. He was the guide who had accompanied the prince in his first visit to Salvador in 1987. He asked if the prince remembered him. Felipe did and the joy of the reunion was mutual.

Salvador's mayor offered a dinner to the princes with Caetano Veloso among the invitees.

Don Felipe told he has a fissure in his right hand that he got after a blow in the door of a protected car during the inauguration of the Sports Pavillion in Madrid.

Anna_R said:
From Diez Minutos

Anedoctes from the trip to Brazil
The Princess of Asturias has recycled almost all of her wardrobe with lots of elegance

But this trip has brought some anedoctes that shows their humanity.

President Lula has established a serving system for his invitees: self-service. And that's how he's done to the princes as well.

Amongst the thousands of hands the princes shook during the trip, the most moved were, maybe, the hands of the Spanish immigrants. Don Felipe was the protagonist of a very cute anedocte, when an old lady told that, after saluting him, she could die peacefully. Felipe then said to her "Please, don't do this to me"

Another old lady, who needed to visit the cardiologist, didn't go to her appointment in order to meet the princes. Some others asked for the address so they could return the visit and the princes gave it to them.

Carlinhos Brown and his wife Helena Buarque, daughter of renowed Brazilian singer, Chico Buarque, offered typical necklaces from Bahia, a beautiful pink silk dress to the princess and a signed drum. Besides, Carlinhos took of a necklace from his own neck to offer it to Letizia. He had nice words to the princess, to whom he wished "the best of luck for this beautiful family you're going to build"

A local tour guide of Bahia entered the San Francisco monastery to salute the prince. He was the guide who had accompanied the prince in his first visit to Salvador in 1987. He asked if the prince remembered him. Felipe did and the joy of the reunion was mutual.

Salvador's mayor offered a dinner to the princes with Caetano Veloso among the invitees.

Don Felipe told he has a fissure in his right hand that he got after a blow in the door of a protected car during the inauguration of the Sports Pavillion in Madrid.

Thanks for posting Anna. I always like hearing the diffrent little andedotes about them.

Thank you so much for the video!

Back
Top Bottom