News about the Wedding of Prince and Princess of Asturias

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The weeding will be celebrated next summer 2004 at the Madrid cathedra

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 316
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 315
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 399
Last edited by a moderator:
who would be royals guests? have attend?

have lists ?

Sara Boyce

We don't know yet, this thread is not for speculation, but my guess would be most of the royal houses

The wedding date was anounced B) Felipe and Letizia will marry in May 22th, at 12.00pm, in the La Almudena cathedral of Madrid :flower:

It's very close to their wedding :p I belive that they will want to stay in their honeymoon B) :flower:

Well, this way, i belive, that the presence of Queen Margrethe in the wedding is very a strong possibily B)

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 12:16 am
Well, this way, i belive, that the presence of Queen Margrethe in the wedding is very a strong possibily B)
If Frederiks away and the queen is at the wedding then Prince J and Alexandra will not be at the wedding,

I leave you some pics from the Santa Maria Real de La Almudena Cathedral in Madrid. Will be here that Felipe and Letizia will marry next year :flower:

A pic from the complex formed by La Almudena Cathedral and the Royal Palace of Madrid

madrid_almudena3.jpg

The story of the cathedral ;)

http://www.multimadrid.com/sites/almudena/almudena.htm

The desire to have a Cathedral in Madrid was first shown in 1567 by King Felipe II who was responsible for bringing the court to Madrid in 1561 and making it the capital of Spain. For the good of Spain. However, at this time the Escorial was being constructed which took precedence over the new cathedral project. In the end it was Felipe III who recieved permission , and the funding of 650.000 ducados, from Rome, more than annoying the then all-powerful Archdioces of Toledo.

The project moved along at a snail's pace and as time (and monarchs) passed, Felipe IV and his wife doña Isabel de Borbón moved forward with the idea of building a catheral linked to the parochia of Santa María de la Almudena. Finally in 1624, conditions were set and the cathedral planned out. Juan Gómez de Mora and Pedro Lizargárate were comissioned to take charge of the temple cathedral. That same year Felipe IV gave the project a huge step forward by getting the Town Hall of Madrid to contribute 200.000 ducados to the project.

The project was nipped in the bud shortly after due to influences from th eArchdioces of Toledo and it was not until 1738 that the then King Alfonso XII who would act as the principal advocate for the completion of the Real Catedral de Santa María de la Almudena next to the Palacio Real during the second half of the 19th century.

Another obstacle which slowed the completion of the project was the Revolution of 1868 leading up to the Alfonsine Restauration in 1875. In 1885, the same year that Alfonso XII would die, the Madrid-Alcalá diocesis became a reality and the Cathedral of Santa María de la Almudena of Madrid becomes the result of a long and complex process to bring both a dioces and cathedral to the Spanish capital. The neo-gothic cathedral as we know it today was directed by Marqués de Cubas and completed in 1885. The model pictured above was considered in it's day that of the "ideal christian temple". It was a feat of incredible magnitude that took over 300 years to be born from the day of it's conception in the mind of Felipe II in 1567.

The cathedral was only just inaugurated as the Almudena Cathedral in 1993.

CATEDRAL DE LA ALMUDENA DE MADRID JJS / ©KORPA 02/11/03 MADRID

Attachments

• CAWLEVAF.jpg
    CAWLEVAF.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 389
Noon is a good time. The party afterwards and the whole day is long. You don't want to start it too late. Much drinking will be done anyway.

Catedral De La Almudena De Madrid Jjs / ©korpa 02/11/03 Madrid

Attachments

• CA11XN6E.jpg
    CA11XN6E.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 347
  • CAZIQ1VV.jpg
    CAZIQ1VV.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 586
Last edited by a moderator:
"If Frederiks away and the queen is at the wedding then Prince J and Alexandra will not be at the wedding, "

Can't the Queen and J and Alexandra be at the wedding? Is their some protocol that I'm missing?

Originally posted by Dennism@Nov 21st, 2003 - 6:45 pm
"If Frederiks away and the queen is at the wedding then Prince J and Alexandra will not be at the wedding, "

Can't the Queen and J and Alexandra be at the wedding? Is their some protocol that I'm missing?
Of course not. There is no protocol for these things. For the wedding of Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima many Royal families attended. The King and Queen of Belgium attended with Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, and Prince Laurent. The King and Queen of Norway attended with Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn as well as the Crown Prince and Princess. Queen Margrethe attended as did Crown Prince Frederik. Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg attended with their son as well as with Henri's parents and with Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla. So there really is no protocol.

Originally posted by mybags+Nov 21st, 2003 - 7:08 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mybags @ Nov 21st, 2003 - 7:08 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@Nov 21st, 2003 - 6:45 pm

Of course not. There is no protocol for these things. For the wedding of Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima many Royal families attended. The King and Queen of Belgium attended with Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, and Prince Laurent. The King and Queen of Norway attended with Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn as well as the Crown Prince and Princess. Queen Margrethe attended as did Crown Prince Frederik. Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg attended with their son as well as with Henri's parents and with Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla. So there really is no protocol. [/b][/quote]
Maybe I'm just really slow at understanding but... so why wouldn't Joachim and Alexandra attend the wedding along with Margrethe?

Originally posted by Josefine@Nov 21st, 2003 - 11:22 pm
the wedding is at noon so there is no gala wedding...
Is normal at the spanish royal weddings, also happened with the infantas weddings ;) They always do a gala reception in the day before the wedding. In Felipe's case will be at May 21th B)

Originally posted by beebee+Nov 21st, 2003 - 7:22 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (beebee @ Nov 21st, 2003 - 7:22 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by mybags@Nov 21st, 2003 - 7:08 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Dennism
@Nov 21st, 2003 - 6:45 pm

Of course not. There is no protocol for these things. For the wedding of Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima many Royal families attended. The King and Queen of Belgium attended with Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde, Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, and Prince Laurent. The King and Queen of Norway attended with Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn as well as the Crown Prince and Princess. Queen Margrethe attended as did Crown Prince Frederik. Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg attended with their son as well as with Henri's parents and with Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla. So there really is no protocol.
Maybe I'm just really slow at understanding but... so why wouldn't Joachim and Alexandra attend the wedding along with Margrethe? [/b][/quote]
They only way they wouldn't go is if they said that they didn't want to or Queen Margrethe may tell them that they don't have to. But seeing as how it is only a week after Frederik's wedding, I am willing to bet that they will be there.

In Denmark one regent has to be present in the country at all times

during the wedding in Spain (as this topic is about)

one of these four

Margrethe
Frederik
Joachim
Benedikte

has to stay in Denmark.

Thanks, Anna. I knew it was something like that. I just meant noon for any wedding.

I think the date is too close with Denmark´s wedding.They could have chosen June,maybe.It´s only 1 week later.IT become a difficult week for all the other royals. :heart:

I have to agree on that. I mean I go back to protocol but you know a lot of the more "important"(used loosely) will be attending both. And I don't know about you all but I generally can't attend a wedding one week and another one the next and travel a good distance for it.

Oh oh .... I just knew it ;) Felipe is going to join his good friend Frederik on honeymoon. Can you imagine the 'blast' they will have !!!!!

Would hope there is no rubbing of manly chest of the other significant other happening then !!! ;)

By the way, Xicalamuca .... is May better for climate than the (earlier) forecasted June ???

It will be a busy travel week then between May 13 to May 22/23 !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom