Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

How about Victor Carlos

Old 10-07-2005, 03:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
But he already has a cousin named Pablo right? I believe they can only register two names now. Infante Carlos Felipe sounds good to me, don't you think?
I do not believe that it is important for them if the names repeat themselves, ' the Infantas have had many children males and han used important names of the family how Juan, Felipe, Pablo..
It of both names not if it is a law or not, but in any case they or are applied by them. The members of the Royal Family are not registered in the Civil Record , but in an own record of the Royal Family, therefore there they can put the names that want.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:49 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

how about..
Maria Paloma
Letizia Maria
Maria de las Marcedes
Old 10-08-2005, 05:13 AM

boy: Juan Felipe
girl:Victoria Mercedes
Old 10-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Aristocracy

for a girl = Sofia Isabella Mercedes Cristina

for a boy : Juan Felipe Carlos Matheo Enrique
Old 10-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Hola has created a poll to find out what name (among some of the most meaningful names of the Spanish history/tradition) is likely to be given to the future infante of Spain:

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/espe...bre_principes/
Old 10-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

Pelayo(536) and Sofia(832) are on top:)
Old 10-24-2005, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pelayo?!?!?! Poor kid...
I'm sure sure sure that if they ever have a girl, she would be named Sofia. Look: both Christina and Elena have girls and neigher of them have this name. So they decided to leave it for Felipe's daughter.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Pelayo?!?!?! Poor kid...
I'm sure sure sure that if they ever have a girl, she would be named Sofia. Look: both Christina and Elena have girls and neigher of them have this name. So they decided to leave it for Felipe's daughter.
I hope F&L do have a girl along the line (i'm sure they will) because it would be a terrible shame if the queen didn't have a granddaughter named after her!
Old 10-24-2005, 04:28 PM
Royal Highness

I think Pelayo or Covadonga will be amongst the names of the future Infante. I'd love an infanta Ana Sofia or Sofia Maria.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Courtier

I don't think they will name their baby Sofia if it's a girl. Sofia might be one of her names, but I don't think it will be the main one. Sofia was part of the Greek royal family before she joined the Spanish one. Does it have a big part in Spanish history? That's like Victoria of Sweden having a baby girl and naming her Silvia. It's a nice name, but it doesn't have much to do with Swedish history.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
I think Pelayo or Covadonga will be amongst the names of the future Infante. I'd love an infanta Ana Sofia or Sofia Maria.
Yes Ana-Sofia is my favourite for a girl:p
Old 10-26-2005, 04:50 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if any ofthese names have been suggested ( I haven't read the entire thread,) but here's a couple of my favourites,

Boys- Alejandro, Armando, Darien, Diego,Iago, Noe, Rafael, Rodrigo

Girls- Lucia, Margarita, Neva, Pilar, Damita, Esmerelda, Isabel, Liani

I actually really like the names Felipe and Letizia, but obviously both of those are out........
Old 10-26-2005, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, after much thinking, I guess it's time to give it a go (Choices based on combinations of the names of relatives):

Girl

Carolina Sofía Paloma Elena Cristina Covadonga de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz

Juana Sofía Eugenia María Margarita Covadonga de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz

Isabella Federica Victoria Sofía Julia Paloma de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz

Cecilia Paloma Eugenia Sofía Covadonga de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz

Isabel Eulalia Sofía María de Jesús Covadonga de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz

Boy

Juan Alfonso José Luis Pelayo de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz

Juan Pablo Francisco Jesús José de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz

Alfonso Juan Francisco Jesús José de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz

Carlos José Felipe Luis Pelayo de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz

Alfonso Víctor Felipe José Francisco Pelayo de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz
Old 10-26-2005, 08:28 AM
Royal Highness

There is a law in Spain saying one can't have more than two first names.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
There is a law in Spain saying one can't have more than two first names.
The law says that it is not possible to register a baby with any more than two names, but you can be call him how you want or to baptize how you want.
Besides, the Royal Spanish House has an own record and therefore this law is not applicable since the births do not register in the normal record.

Here you have the law where the Record of the Royal Family is established

http://noticias.juridicas.com/base_d...2917-1981.html
Old 10-26-2005, 08:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.abc.es/informacion/boda/c...ones/index.asp

(...)
It was a January 23, 1873 when there was established the Record of the Marital status of the Royal Family of Spain, who lasted until 1931, when the Republic was restored in our country. But when Don Juan Carlos was proclaimed A King, on November 22, 1975, there was restored the mentioned Record, which returned to develop in 1981, being calling A Civil Record of the Royal Family.
It gives the chance of which until there established again in Spain neither this Civil specific Record of the Royal Family, nor the Prince of Asturias nor the Infantas Dona Elenas and Dona Cristina, nor the own King, who was born in Rome on January 5, 1938, they could register in it. Their births were appearing in the Civil normal Record, and when Don Juan Carlos restored it, the minutes of birth, marriage and deaths of the members of our Royal Family later to 1931 were moved to him.
(...)
Old 10-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Nobility

Now Girl start eliminating the name Juan because THE KING JUAN CARLOS don't wish that the baby of his son to carry His Name.

King assures that the first-born of the Princes will not be called Juan Carlos

The King today responded with ' nó tajante to the question of if his seventh grandson, the first-born of Princes de Asturias, whose birth is predicted for the next days, will be called like him, Juan Carlos.

A journalist asked the King today, in Barcelona, on that possibility, question which Don Juan Carlos answered full: ' no, to that I answer that nó.PUFFF
http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-r...los_563271.htm
I see hate in that answer I'M Sorry.
I'm still in schock
Old 10-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

For what I could understand, he said "no" to "Juan Carlos", but I think that Juan only is still a valid and probable choice (even if as a middle name)
Old 10-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

The baby was never going to be been called Juan, because for historical reasons there would be a problem; this problem is the one that did that the King was called Juan Carlos and not Juan how there was called he always in family.

I have seen the declarations in television and the King was calm and smiling.