Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Liana (Lianna) common name in Spain? I would love the little Princess be called like that!
I don't know why, but I have a feeling that the little girl's name is going to start with 'L' or it will be Sofia.

Anna_R said:
As much as I love the name Laura, there are already two in the family, Laura Ponte and her baby girl, so I guess that Felipe and Letizia will go for the more unique side...;)

I love that name too:rolleyes: :lol:
Liliana is not a common name in Spain,i think too that the new little princess could be called Sofía.

Last edited:
Definetly, It will be Sophia, Prince Felipe has a very close relationship with his mother Queen Sofia, so Maybe in Honor of her, She will be named like that.

I'm still hoping for little Infanta Sofía, or Sofía-Luisa. :flowers: As it hasn't been used for any other grandchildren, surely it has been 'saved' for Felipe's daughter!

I think Sofía would be a brilliant choice of name.

I have some strange feeling it's gonna be Mercedes... :) I absolutely adore "Sofia" and it would be a perfect name for our Infantita, but no one of the Queen's 3 present granddaughters is called like that. I'm sure Elena, Cristina and Letizia had thought about naming their little girls Sofia, probably the Queen herself didn't want it... The same as JC: few days before the birth of Leo he said that if the Princes have boy he would not like him to have his name.

now that we know it's a girl i would love if they called her isabel as it's such a historic and royal name. although they seem to like other original names. i'm sure they will make a nice choice.

I would like a little Juana or Carolina, as a tribute to the present king.

If the daughter isn't named I would like a Carlota or Isabel.

I think Leonor and Isabel would make such a beautiful sibling set for names :wub:

I actually like Isabel, Pilar, Sofía and Mercedes, but right now I like Pilar and Mercedes the best...

Beatriz
Margarita
Mercedes

Not a name beginning for "a" ;) not Alicia, Angeles, Amalia, Antonia, etc...

Isabella would be a lovely name for the little princess.

Infanta Isabella is a sweet name. I also like Infanta Isabel. Leonor and Isabel go better together than Leonor and Isabella. I also like the name Catalina as well.

I'm sure whatever name Felipe and Letizia choose, we'll all be pleasantly surprised. No one guessed the name Leonor and now we all love it!

guessing would be so hard as Leonor took me by surprise, but i'd like the names Rocio, Paloma, Isabel, Teresa and Ainhoa to be given. someone on El Mundo's website suggested Patrizia (or Patricia), which is also a pretty name (it's a personal fave) but for me it doesn't sound quite as nice when pronounced the Spanish way. and hopefully they'll give her a second name too. ;)

Last edited:
I like Isabela (Isabella/Isabelle) better than the version without the 'a' Isabel. Isabela reminds me of the Queen of Castille that helped Columbus to do his trip. But Isabel reminds me of the 19th century Bourbon queen and all her private scandals and the children that they produced. Quite a big diferrence between an heroic queen and an hedonistic queen with the same names.

:cool: Forget it, Isabel, is the last name that they would choose for their baby girl, Prince Felipe had a girlfriend called like that "Isabel Sartourios", so I don't think that Princess Letizia likes to have a daugther with the same name that a Prince Felipe's Exgirlfriend:ermm:

Toledo said:
I like Isabela (Isabella/Isabelle) better than the version without the 'a' Isabel. Isabela reminds me of the Queen of Castille that helped Columbus to do his trip. But Isabel reminds me of the 19th century Bourbon queen and all her private scandals and the children that they produced. Quite a big diferrence between an heroic queen and an hedonistic queen with the same names.[/quote)It surprises me the difference you make, for they are both known as Isabel in Spain. Isabella/e are kind of foreign names.

catango said:
Well, We know already that it will be a girl, so we have to think in Girl's names.

How do we know that it will be a girl? I have not heard them announce the sex of the child as yet...:neutral:

So, we can have fun now guessing baby names. My favourite would be Isabel or maybe Mercedes.:)

My favourite is Fernanda, it sounds very spanish for me and begins with the same letters like Felipe, or Catalina, the first princess of Asturias.
But other spanish royal names are very beautiful too: Mercedes, Pilar, Beatriz...

Maria-Sophia Frederika

or perhaps after Felipe's great grandmother & grandmother

Victoria Eugenie Mercedes

Well, now we know it's another girl, I keep what I said for her name: Beatriz de Borbon...:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom