The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybelline
Beatriz was the first name that came into my mind when they announced they were having another girl..
"Leonor and Beatriz " sounds right for me!!!
It does indeed. The first name I thought of was Catalina, which is cute as well, but Beatriz and Isabel are my faves.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Courtier

Talking

I like the names of Sofia, Erika, Ana (my name )...

Old 04-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Why not Sofía? Royals always christen their children with the name of some of their grandparents...Maybe they should not use "Sofía" as her first name, but it may be present in second or third order...For example Beatriz Sofía etc, etc...

Vanesa.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Courtier

Gabriela, I love that name, in spanish means angel, so I would like Gabriela Sofia.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Courtier

Infanta Lucía de Borbón y Ortíz!
Infanta Laura de Borbón y Ortíz!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
Why not Sofía? Royals always christen their children with the name of some of their grandparents...Maybe they should not use "Sofía" as her first name, but it may be present in second or third order...For example Beatriz Sofía etc, etc...

Vanesa.
I don't think the new baby will have a second name because Leonor only has one name. And for some reason I don't think they will name her after the Queen though, just a hunch. On that note I like the names Catalina, Carolina, or Margarita.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Aristocracy

I like the name Catalina, but i think is going to be Sofia!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:58 AM
Gentry

I still like the sound of the name: Infanta Catalina de Todos los Santos de Borbón Ortiz, personally I don't think they'll name her Sofía, if they didn't with Infanta Leonor, I don't think they will with the new Infanta. Plus I remember reading somewhere (I'll try to find where) that Queen Sofía didn't wanted her granddaughters to be named after her, anyway, maybe they could start something like the dutch triple "A", with a double "L", who knows!
Old 04-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Lucia Laura has a nice ring to it but I doubt there will be a middle name.

-Laura
-Lucia
-Catalina
-Cristina
-Louisa
-Eugenia

I love Cristina but I'm not sure whether they would name her after her aunt.
Eugenia is also really pretty

I think they will surprise us
Old 04-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Laura is nice. I love this name as well as Lucía...But , like Popy, I think this time it will be Sofía.

Vanesa.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

The Prince says they have "finalists" but haven't picked one yet.
Maybe they want to see her little face to know which one fits her best!
Old 04-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Courtier

I doubt they'll pick Laura because Felipe's cousin is married to a Laura and their daughter is also named Laura. I know the names get tossed around in these families, but still three Lauras in the same family? I don't know.

Catalina....is that a usual name in Spain? In America we have a salad dressing called Catalina. I will always think of that I am sure. This is not meant to offend anyone on here by that name.

http://shopuncleharrys.dukestores.du...sing%20028.jpg
Old 04-20-2007, 02:38 AM
Nobility

And what about "Natalia"?
I think that this one is very nice although it isn´t a very royal name.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
And what about "Natalia"?
I think that this one is very nice although it isn´t a very royal name.
I love Natalia, I have always thought I will call my daughter like that But is it really Spanish?

Personally I think that we (and all those magazines that created the polls with names) will be pretty surprised again Maybe this time they will just choose the name they like (how it sounds and the meaning), not necesarily the one with royal origin. We will see...

Old 04-20-2007, 04:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
I love Natalia, I have always thought I will call my daughter like that But is it really Spanish?
Yes,it is really nice .My mother and my sister are called "Natalia" and i have read that the origin of this name is latin....but I doubt that the princes choose this name
Old 04-20-2007, 04:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hola speculated on 'Jimena' (a very pretty medieval name), name of the wife of Alfonso III, the last King of Asturias.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Gentry

i think they choose the name how nobody councils has, but in her christening name, there stand name's who every now from the history!
Old 04-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
Hola speculated on 'Jimena' (a very pretty medieval name), name of the wife of Alfonso III, the last King of Asturias.
I hadn't thought of that possiblity, but Jimena is a very pretty name
Old 04-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

I love it!! Jimena de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz.. how pretty!
Old 04-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Gentry

Could someone please explain how Jimena is pronounced? Thanks.

Closed Thread