The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Serene Highness

I'm still hoping for Infanta Sofia. It would make sense, it's like that name has been reserved for Felipe's children. But maybe they want something different.

I also like Isabel and Ana. I think Infantas Leonor and Isabel or Leonor and Ana sounds good Or perhaps they could give her the name Ana-Sofia?

Old 04-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
I'm still hoping for Infanta Sofia. It would make sense, it's like that name has been reserved for Felipe's children. But maybe they want something different.

I also like Isabel and Ana. I think Infantas Leonor and Isabel or Leonor and Ana sounds good Or perhaps they could give her the name Ana-Sofia?
Like them all, too. Luisa has recently grown in me. Nice, simple name, maaaany Queens in Spain had it and it starts with L (maybe they want their girls' names to start with L after Letizia and boys' with F, after Felipe ).

Old 04-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

How about:

Laura
Gender: Feminine Usage: English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Finnish, Estonian, Hungarian, Polish, Scandinavian, German Pronounced: LAWR-a (English), LOW-rah (Spanish, Italian, Polish, German) [key]
Feminine form of the Late Latin name Laurus, which meant "laurel". In ancient Rome the leaves of laurel trees were used to create victors' garlands. Saint Laura was a 9th-century Spanish martyr, a nun who was thrown into a vat of molten lead by the Moors. Another famous bearer was Laura Secord, a Canadian heroine during the War of 1812.

LUCÍA
Gender: Feminine Usage: Italian, German, English, Scandinavian, Romanian, Ancient Roman Pronounced: loo-CHEE-ah (Italian), LOO-sha (English), loo-SEE-a (English) [key]
Feminine form of LUCIUS. Saint Lucia was a 4th-century martyr from Syracuse who had her eyes gouged out.

LILIANA
Gender: Feminine Usage: Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, English, Romanian, Polish Pronounced: lil-ee-AN-a (English), lee-LYAH-nah (Polish) [key]
Derived from Latin lilium meaning "lily".
Old 04-12-2007, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.

But seeing the fact that Infanta Leonor only has one name, I think it will be a single name.

Doña Adelaida.
Adelaida is a pretty name.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu
Adelaida is a pretty name.

Thanks!

But not very historic! What do you think about Bianca by reference to the Queen Bianca of Castilla? One idea like that, beacuse in fact I don't have any idea for the name of the futur Infantita because I'm sur it will be a surprise.
See you soon.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:41 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I think that Royals always (or almost always, at least!) choices historical names for their babies...So thinking in a common Spanish name would not help here...

The name Blanca (and not Bianca, that is the Italian form of "Blanca" ) could be an acceptable name for Infanta Leonor's sister, since it really wa the name of Blanca of Castilla. But I do not think the Princes of Asturias would choice this one, but maybe a name historical yes, but more connected to the Borbon's traditions...

Oh! I hope they don't call the baby "María Luisa"!!!!

Vanesa.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm rooting for Catalina. For some reason, it has become my favourite name lately.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I just thought, since it's been mentioned a few times, that I should mention that Laura, in Spanish, is not pronounced like it is in English. In English, it is Lore-a (lor-a), but in Spanish, it is pronounced L-ow-ra (ow like ouch).

I'm sure most of you already know that, but I thought I'd add it.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Courtier

Eloisa is a pretty name I quite like.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
Oh! I hope they don't call the baby "María Luisa"!!!! [Vanesa.
I hope they don't call her Maria Anything!!

This latin/catholic penchant for appending Maria to every name they can is very irritating
Old 04-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
I hope they don't call her Maria Anything!!

This latin/catholic penchant for appending Maria to every name they can is very irritating
I must know hundreds of people named Maria-something (including my mother). But most of them are named after family members or it's a family tradition. I don't mind it. But I wouldn't want it for the Infanta
Old 04-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

A name starting with an "L" like Letizia and Leonor are ;-))))
Old 04-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
A name starting with an "L" like Letizia and Leonor are ;-))))
...and that name is.....LAURA
Old 04-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
...and that name is.....LAURA
It's very nice, but I prefer Sofía
Old 04-17-2007, 02:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

I like the names of Sofía, Mercedes, Catalina or Cristina... Also there is a name that has appeared in my list at the last hour... Beatriz. It is a nice name, though in Spain it has scanty history, the most recent Beatriz is the daughter of the Queen Victoria Eugenia whose mother had the same name.
But to part of it, I have liked for the meaning, " the one that brings the happiness ", after the tragedy that has lived through the family of the Princess, this girl is going to bring the first happiness and the first hope, what does of the name Beatriz a very appropriate name.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:34 AM
Courtier

Beatriz was the first name that came into my mind when they announced they were having another girl..
"Leonor and Beatriz " sounds right for me!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Is Beatriz a Spanish name?It don't sounds like!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:01 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It definately used in Spain, though I do not know where the name originates. King Alphonso XIII had a daughter called Beatriz (named after Queen Ena's mother, Princess Beatrice). Infanta Beatriz is the grandmother of Princess Sybilla of Luxembourg btw.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:34 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Beatriz is a Spanish name- Bay-ah-Trees (tris- it's hard to type the phonetic of the last syllable)
I've met a few of them. I'm pretty sure it shares the same origins as the other pronounciations of Beatriz.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Nobility

i don't think the name will be sofia
I imagine that they will try not to make a difference between the two families
imagine Leonor has as godfather her grandparent paternal it is the tradition ok
but there is the family of letizia
I think as for this kind of thing which can with the tima a little irritating the family of letizia
it will be a neutral name or in connection with erika without being erika

Closed Thread