Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Rocio for a girl, it's different I know, but it just rings so pretty. As for a boy, lets see... I like Sebastien, Pedro or mayber even Luis.

I could bet Fernanda for a girl (female version for Fernando)

And Carlos or Alfonso for a boy (too many Juans in that family already...)

Isabella might have some bad associations, so I'm guessing they will avoid that (although I like the name myself).

If it's a boy I don't think they will name him Juan or Felipe because those are already taken by his cousins. Remember Froilan is really called Felipe in the family.

Girl: Mercedes (M follows L :flowers: ).
Boy: Fernando (F&L&L&F sounds cute :)).

For a boy, didn't Letizia say she liked the name 'Pelayo?' I mentioned it in the other thread, Juan Pelayo would be a cute name, and sort of in line with his two older cousins' names. I like the name Carlos, but I would really like it if they named their boy Alfonso. Maybe Alfonso Juan Pelayo? I know they gave Leonor one name, but I'd love that combination!

For a girl, I liked Isabel, but since it's not such a positive name, I also like Gabriela, Carmen, Marcela, or even Lola, I think those are all very pretty and unique. I think I like Gabriela the best though. Infanta Gabriela has such a nice ring to it :)

How about Elena-Christine in honour of both her Aunts

or

Juan-Iñaki

I can imagine that with a name like Leonor noone can guess the name of the future baby!

wymanda said:
How about Elena-Christine in honour of both her Aunts

or

Juan-Iñaki

If they choose to give more than one name I don't think they would choose the form of separated with hifen.

Don Iñaki is not really Iñaki he's Ignacio and Iñaki is sort of the tender name people call babies and when we noticed we have a 2 metre's man called Iñaki:lol: . So I don't think Princes would choose the nickname for their son.

If a boy he could be Juan Ignacio... I like it!

For a girl and despite all superstitions and meanings people like to see in names I would love Isabel... I think it suits with Felipe and Letizia voices sounding musically "nuestras hijas Leonor y Isabel" sounds really good :wub:.

Regards,
mtbcm:)

Last edited:
mtbcm said:
Don Iñaki is not really Iñaki he's Ignacio and Iñaki is sort of the tender name people call babies and when we noticed we have a 2 metre's man called Iñaki:lol:

Thanks for that information.

Girl:
-Paloma
-Laura :wub:
-Patricia
-Inés
-Carolina
-Patricia

Boy:
-Alejandro
-Javier :wub:
-Santiago

biboquinhas said:
I can imagine that with a name like Leonor noone can guess the name of the future baby!

I agree, I think we will all be surprised by the new baby's name.

Isabel is nice, but everyone is called Isabel in Spain, Eugenia would be nice. If it´s a boy i hope they won´t call him Pelayo!!!!!!!, it sounds like a vegetable to me.

If it were a girl i would like that was called Laura:rolleyes: :lol:

....and if were a boy i would like Victor:king:

I am sure that some of us will guess right in the election of the name and.... the name of the future prince or future princess is between all these.
I nevertheless don´t think that the Princes of Asturias are going to put to the baby a name of their relatives.

I like Javier Fernando for a boy and Eugenia for a girl.

Javier Fernando sounds like a strong name for a handsome man:wub:

Eugenia is just so pretty if the baby is anything like little Leonor

If I knew what books they read I would start looking there since that is where Leonor's name came from.

I like Laura but since Felipe has a cousin in law with that name and her daughter I'm not sure if he would use it.

I also like Anna or Maria. I also think Sophia is a good possibility. I doubt that they would give a name that is already being used by the children of Elena and Cristina and only Sofia seems to be the only family name that hasn't been used. (Juan, Victoria, Pablo (Sofia's father) and Felipe)

When Leonor was born I said Cristina so I'm going to say that is a possibility as well.

I can't think of any boys names other than Carlos and Alfonso. But I think they might surprise us again.

Doña Metizia said:
If I knew what books they read I would start looking there since that is where Leonor's name came from.

So a boy could definitely be called 'Enrique'...;)

Ana could be a possible name...Not given in the family (as far as I know?), and both cute and with royal connections too like Leonor(Ana of Austria, Louis XIV's mother, was born as an Infanta!)
Eugenia or Gabriela soud also nice!!

The wife of Infante Carlos is called Ana (de Francia).

Ana would be nice, it's my mother's name :) Although they surely won't give her (or him) more than 1 name, I think Ana-Maria would be even more beautiful. I love Gabriela, but I'm not too found of Eugenia, don't know why...

I have found two pages with Spanish names for girls and boys, we can try to choose the most "strange :lol: " and not too much popular in Spain and there is a chance that among them it will be the name of little Infantita/Infantito! :lol:

http://www.babyzone.com/babynames/theworld.asp?action=list&country=spanish

http://www.mundopaisa.com/MUNDOPAISA/IBEROAMERICA/NOMBRES/espanoles.htm

Last edited:
I think that It will be a Boy called SANTIAGO.

biboquinhas said:
For sure we will be surprised!
Yes, we will. Like we were with Leonor.

Boy: Pelayo (which I think is the ugliest name ever...but after Leonor, anything is possible). Girl: Lucia (something that starts with L just like Letizia, Leonor).

Well, I think that it will be a name that can be found in some branch of the's royal family or Letizias family. However if it is found in Letizia family, then I think it will still have some royal or noble background.

Leonor can be found in the history of the royal family. And I certainly applaud both the Spanish and Dutch royal houses for restoring some of the older names to provenance.

What about Catarina or Katarina for a girl? I believe it's a Spanish name. I was pleasantly surprised when it was announced that Leonor's name was Leonor. It's a beautiful and unique name and I'm sure with this second baby Felipe and Letizia will do nothing less.

As for a boy, I have no idea!

Gril: Beatriz, Maria
Boy: Carlos, Juan.

soCal girl said:
What about Catarina or Katarina for a girl? I believe it's a Spanish name. I was pleasantly surprised when it was announced that Leonor's name was Leonor. It's a beautiful and unique name and I'm sure with this second baby Felipe and Letizia will do nothing less.

As for a boy, I have no idea!

The spanish name would be Catalina.

This is a fun thread, thanks for that. I am not that familiar with Spanish names but I also really like Isabela or Gabrela. My only problem is that I don't really like the name Leonor and if you make the next little one have a very feminine name - Leonor will even sound worse, IMO.
Question- I am american, is Leonor pronounce differently in Spanish? Thanks

Boy: Felipe :) or Juan
Girl: Elena or Isabela- it's very beautiful name too! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom