The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank u Mari i was saying it that way with no L and T just the way it is written!!! The L and T confused me

Old 01-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

You're welcome.. as you said, lets see if they name the girl Mercedes.. that will clear your doubt!

Old 02-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

I really like Mercedes, Antonia, and Isabelle or Isabella(either way).

Is there any sort of protocol for the name? For example does the origin have to be Spanish? I would think there would be definite protocol or tradition rather if it was a boy that was expected.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Courtier

Sofia Mercedes de todos los santos Borbon Ortiz
Old 02-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Erika Sofia
Old 02-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
Erika Sofia
I was thinking the same. It would be beautiful, a tribute to two amazing women who both have played a big part in Letizia's life.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor
I was thinking the same. It would be beautiful, a tribute to two amazing women who both have played a big part in Letizia's life.
It would be a very bad gift for the little Infanta, as if her role was to remplace her aunt. It will be much better if she has her own name and not the name of a recently deceased relative.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
It would be a very bad gift for the little Infanta, as if her role was to remplace her aunt. It will be much better if she has her own name and not the name of a recently deceased relative.
Well Danielane i can definately see your point but i just thought it would be in remembrance of a ery special person in Letizia's life and just because she is named after her deceased aunt doesn't mean she will have to replace her. Perhaps as a middle name i think that is nearly certain
Old 02-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
I don't think it would mean to replace her aunt. No person can replace another person. But it would be in her honour. Naming the infanta Mercedes wouldn't mean replacing the COuntess of Barcelona either would it? I have been named after my grandmother who had died a few months earlier, but I've never feld I was supposed to replace her. For me it's always been an honour to have been named after such an amazing person. Maybe it could be like that for the infanta as well
Old 02-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
Well Danielane i can definately see your point but i just thought it would be in remembrance of a ery special person in Letizia's life and just because she is named after her deceased aunt doesn't mean she will have to replace her. Perhaps as a middle name i think that is nearly certain
I don't agree.
There are studies which have shown that bearing the name of a very closed relative was a burden and can have serious effects on the young child, especially when the given name is not that common, like Erika.
It is different when you give to a child the name of a great-grand-father/mother.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

I knew someone would post something like, why don´t they call the girl Erika, that would be awful, they wouldn´t have thought of the name before.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:47 PM
Courtier

Why would that be so terrible, rosana? I think it would be a beautiful gesture to call the baby Erika !

I also like:
Lucia
Luisa
Valentina
Sofia
Mercedes
AND my personal favourite Isabel ..
Old 02-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Nobility

I think she will be named after her aunt. Not to replace her, not like they will hope to see a lot of her aunt in her.

Just because a new life will begin and a an other life has end; and they will remember Erika and take her with them in life, in a name of the newborn life.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Courtier

If they had second and third names in the royal family I would say yes, make one of them Erika. But as the little girl probably will have only one name like Leonor, I hope not. She deserves her own name, new and fresh. Maybe they don't want it?
My mother named me NOT after her aunt that died very young although she loved the name, because she knew it would make my greatgrandmother and my grandfather very sad every time they heard it.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrjam
I think she will be named after her aunt. Not to replace her, not like they will hope to see a lot of her aunt in her.

Just because a new life will begin and a an other life has end; and they will remember Erika and take her with them in life, in a name of the newborn life.
Very well said. I agree. But I'm kind of leaning towards it being a middle name for the new baby.

Also someone said that the name Erika isn't that common. I actually think it's quite common in America I mean not as common as say: Jennifer, Sarah, or maybe Lisa. But I would think of it as a common name in America.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrjam

Bravo but perhaps as a middle name. I realise they may stick to one name like with Leonor but it would be a lovely gesture to have it as a middle name
Old 02-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Commoner

I agree with Aurora... I think one of the new princess' middle names will be Erika.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Nobility

I Think :erika
Old 02-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by infanteleonor
I Think :erika
Yes, that shall be very nice!!!

(spaansekoningshuis.web-log.nl)
Old 02-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent