Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna_R

Heir Apparent
City
Rio de Janeiro
Country
Brazil
This is the thread to guess the name of the new Infante/Infanta that will be born in May 2007. Remember that it'll probably only have one name like its sister.

Since the first born was named Leonor, a name associated with many of her ancestors from all Europe, my guess is it will be another historical name.
If it's a girl I doubt she will be named Isabel (Isabella/Elizabeth) because the previous Queen with that name ended up in exile. So, my guess is on the names of former Queens Maria Cristina or Victoria Eugenia. Queen Victoria Eugenia was Felipe's Godmother.
If it's a single name like Leonor's, then I'll bet on Eugenia (Eugene)

If it's a boy, I doubt it will be named Felipe like his father or Juan Carlos like his grand father. My bet will be in the historical name Fernando (Ferdinand), the king of Aragon who unified Spain with his marriage to Queen Isabel of Castille.

Last edited:
i haven't thought of a possible name for a baby daughter, but i'd hope that if they have a baby son and if they will follow a tradition, they'll name him Alfonso--after the King's grandfather. ;)

If it's a girl maybe Sofia. And if it is a boy maybe like dad Felipe or Juan Felipe a mix of grandpa and dad.

Like Toledo, I think Fernando for a boy would be possible.
And for a girl: Beatriz.:flowers:

If it's a boy, his name might be Alfonso.
But if it's a girl, I think her name will be Sofia.

I think they will respect the traditonal names in the SRF: Juan, Carlos, Alfonso.
For a girl, I guess they will choose Sofia in honour of the Queen.

Infante Juan Antoinio
Infanta Maria-Sophia

I'd like very much the choice of an old or historical name, like Leonor. I don't think Sofia will be choosen: if it should have been choosen, it would be have been the name of their little girl, instead of Leonor (but maybe I'm wrong)

Infanta Mercedes and Infante Luis

I don't think they will call the possible girl Sofia (although I'd love it :)). Remember what was last year? The journalists asked king JC what does he think about the 1st child of the Princes being called "Juan Carlos" and he said that he wouldn't advise parents to choose this name and that he would say "no" for that. I think the same could have happened with Sofia, I find it weird that none of her 3 granddaughters wasn't called "Sofia".

Personally I think that they will again choose a beautiful and not too much popular name, as it was in case of their first bundle of joy :lol:. And we will be all again very surprised (when I have seen the title of the thread-"Infanta Leonor"-for the first time I couldn't believe my eyes, since the name didn't appear neither on this forum, nor in magazines and tens of polls)... :)

I also vote for Sofia, it would be nice to name her after her grandmather.For boys i don´t know, the historical names used by the Spanish Royalty like Alfonso, Felipe, Fernando, are awful for me, so i can not choose.

If the baby is a girl I would love them to name her Sofía. In honour of her grandma! (and me) joking of course.:lol: If not then I like Maria-Mercedes (didn't Felipe once say he would like to name one of his daughters after his grandmother)?

For a boy I like Luis or Alfonso or Carlos-Felipe. I'm sure whatever they choose will be lovely!

BTW: this isn't going on what they should name their baby based on history, just what I like :flowers:

Infante Alfonso
Infante Felipe

Infanta Beatriz
Infanta Isabela
Infanta Mercedes

I like Isabella most of all! Eugenia is nice too.:flowers:
For boy Fernando or Federico. It seems infanta Cristina has used all male names:lol: Alfonso seams a weak name - don't know why.:neutral:

Felipe-Carlos Juan Victor Jesus Miguel Pablo for a girl Letizia Sofia Maria Antonia

Victor-Felipe Carlos Alfonso Juan

Jose Felipe!!!!

Sofia Rosa Isabella Paloma Mersades

Maria Antonia Isabella Beatriz Eugenie

Maria Atonia Telma Erika Josephine

Sofia Maria Erika Ana

Adriana Maria Sofia Juana Louisa

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Jose Antonio for a boy and a girl Maria Julia or Maria Theresa. I bet I'm well off the mark!! :)

Boy names:

Enrique
Fernando
Carlos
Eduardo

Girl names:

Catarina
Mariana
Carolina

I have no idea about a boy's name, but for a girl I like Alejandra (beautiful, regal, many current and past Princesses had this name and, first of all, it's my name!!! :lol: :ROFLMAO:, j.k. of course :lol:), Maria (or Mercedes; to honour the Prince's beloved grandma, religious and historical meaning of Maria is obvious), Teresa or Isabela. My absolutely favourite name is of course Sofia (in fact if I had the Spanish :lol: daughter I would call her that), but I don't think they will choose it.

Last edited:
Girl -
Isabela,
Mercedes, Blanca
Juana,
Catarina, Catalina,
Maria - Eugenia,
Ana - Maria, Ana - Sofia
Maria - Luisa, Maria - Isabela,
Maria - Letizia

Boy -
Fernando, Luis,
Carlos, Roberto,
Pedro, Juan,
Juan - Fernando,
Luis - Miguel, Luis - Alfonso,
Carlos - Antonio

Last edited:
I am not sure that they will choose Catarina as there is already a futuire queen with that name. And in fact one that is not so much older than little Leonor

I like Isabella myself for a girl. Is Jose considered a "traditional" royal given name? I would like something like Jose Maria Edmundo Luis but the POAs seem to like single names only.

I like Ana Sofia, because it is my name!!! And my godmother's name is Ana Cristina, which I also like.

For a boy, I like Sebastian, Diego, or Nicolas. No one ever likes those names, but I do!!

Ani

Jose Spanish and Portugese form from Joseph.

There were:
Emperor Joseph I von Habsburg (1678-1711)
Emperor Joseph II von Habsburg-Lothringen (1742-1790)
Archduke Joseph von H-L son of Emperor Leopold II and his few descendants
Archduke Josef von H-L (1895-1957) great-grandson of Franz Josef I and Elisabeth; it is a name of his few descendants;
King Maximilian III von Wittelsbach, King of Bavaria was born as Joseph
the same was with Maximilian II Joseph, King of Bavaria
Prince Josef von und zu Liechtenstein son of Prince Emanuel
But there was few ladies with this name Josefa, Josepha
Josefa de Borbon daughter of Francisco de Paula de Borbon, Duc de Cadix and Luisa Carlotta, Princess des Deux-Sixiles

anag said:
I like Ana Sofia

Ana-Sofía is another favourite of mine. :flowers: I hope The Princes would use more than one name this time. That way they can include Sofía in it.

...sOfIa.... said:
Ana-Sofía is another favourite of mine. :flowers: I hope The Princes would use more than one name this time. That way they can include Sofía in it.

I agree, Sofia. I also like the name Sofia for a girl. :flowers:

...sOfIa.... said:

Woo hoo, not too many people really like my name. They think it's too popular or used, but I'm the only Ana Sofia I know! I live in Miami, believe me both names are common, but they are not often used together.

Ani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom