Letizia's Weight

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RaniaRocks said:
Can you please provide us with a list of serious press, since anytime we provide an article is trash press and not reliable and so on... just to know.

BTW. Have you seeing Letizia's pictures with the basket team?, one thing is to bee skinny and another thing is how bad she looks, even yesterday a tv show make jokes of her look, putting picture after picture of her, with no music on the background and saying slowly and with remark implying that since every ones says even w/o a second thought how well she looks oh well... they will say the same, how well she looks meantime in the screen you could see horrendous pictures of an extra skinny Letizia with bad face and worse hair.

Which TV show ? Aqui hay tomate ? That's a classic trash show and has never been responsible for what it transmits.
http://www.aquihaytomate.telecinco.es/
I have seen live images of Letizia on both events, didn't see her with bad face. Off course she couldn't smile in every single picture :lol:. Her hair does look bad, long and straight hair makes her look even thinner, very unflattering.

mtbcm said:
The day it is confirmed our opinions would leave the plan of speculation to pass to the joy of some and sadness of others.

I sure hope we never reach that point because it would mean that the Princess, who I like so much, isn't sick but just in some phase that makes her thinner...

Yes, it would be a terrible shame! However, if there is a serious problem I would personally prefer to see Letizia taken out of the public eye (or at least carry out less engagements) for a while so she would be able to get the help she needs. Ok, so that would mean that the media and the people who have said it all along were right. But I hardly think that they would then go around saying 'I told you so..' (if they would do that, then shame on them)! :sad:

Just to add: At the beginning of this thread I was all for the 'it's her genes' etc...Now I can see that she does seem to be getting thinner and thinner (especially around the face and arms). As I have said before, I just hope that she is ok and if she isn't, then she is getting the help that she needs!

Yes I really think the same she is getting thinner and thinner, she doesn't look bad at all, with all those fancy dresses it is impossible not to look good, although her arms and face can't hide her thinness

I think she needs special help

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks somehow painfull.. I get so frustrated; I want so badly to know if she is healthy or sick, and what she is thinking herself!

I think it would be a good idea to scale back her schedule. Why does she have to be with Felipe all the time? Can't he make some appearances without her? I know she draws the crowds but he's a big boy. Give Letizia some time to herself and her family.

Laviollette said:
I don't really find her situation amusing. But she can be as thin as she wants. I no longer save pictures of her to share with TRF anymore. It's painful to look at how skinny she is now. The magazines and newspapers are on to something just like they were on to something with The Princess of Wales and Victoria of Sweden. Where there's smoke there's fire, imo.
I guess according to your medical expertise I'd be anorexic as well, having lost a vast amount of weight in a very short period of time.

Weightloss can be a result of many things, why people seem so eager to conclude that anorexia or bulimia must be the cause (when both are serious mental illnesses) is beyond me.

Laviollette said:
I don't really find her situation amusing.

I don't find her situation amusing either. I was simply trying to clarify your point about how "every new picture" of Letizia shows her looking thinner and thinner.

With a subject as sensitive as this, it's important to choose ones words carefully and not to just throw things out there. And to select examples and not to generalize that in every picture Letizia's arms are thin so therefor something must be wrong with her.

Laviollette said:
I no longer save pictures of her to share with TRF anymore.

It's a good thing that other members are continuing to share picture of Letizia then. :rolleyes:

I seen the latest picture of Letizia at the presentation of the basketball awards and was very shocked how thin she is.
My husband even commented on it as I had the picture up when he walked by.
I know what it is like to be too skinny, it is just as serious health wise as is being overweight.
When I was in my early 30's I weighed just a little over 100 pounds and had alot of health problems.

Week gathers the opinions of the international press on the extreme thinness of Doña Letizia. In agreement with a German publication, the princess already is receiving specialized aid of a nutricionista and a psychologist.
http://www.elconfidencial.com/gente/indice.asp?id=2950&edicion=07/09/2006&pass=

I does not understand that the newspapers Spanish holds account of the German press which I it rapppelle had married Thema with Alberto of Monaco _ one see well that letizia be too thin and that it there be a problem but I think not that it be some anorexia it be well surround and I think not that felipe leave its wife like that

So because Letizia sells, it is like that of simply. And if they do not speak about her, and there is no little polemic the press does not catch the attention of the people.

It is terrible ... Do you know which was the fashionable rumor this summer together with Letizia's thinness ? .... that Leonor was deaf mute ... they passed of saying that the girl was going to be operated on because the spot of her face had grown very much (thing that we all have seen that was not like that) ... to saying that she was deaf and dumb.... Even the serious journalists have commented on this rumor, to have something about what to speak. They comment on it though it should be to say, that the people invent barbarities, and that they heard to the girl to stutter, and have seen her in Atocha, giving the return to see the people who was applauding , or she was looking where the choir was. (Thing that there saw they they all those who saw the images and that it did on that the journalist were commenting it attempts that the girl was to everything)

But it is necessary to speak about something .... and in one month Letizia will be thin because of some another disease, and Leonor will be sick with another thing.

Unfortunately there are people who is like that of cruelly and terribly. And if already it is cruel that invent things on an adult, that they invent things on a baby of 10 months it is terrifying. I do not want to think what can be for a mother that you present without scruples invent diseases on her daughter.:mad:

Last edited:
lula said:
So because Letizia sells, it is like that of simply. And if they do not speak about her, and there is no little polemic the press does not catch the attention of the people.

It is terrible ... Do you know which was the fashionable rumor this summer together with Letizia's thinness ? .... that Leonor was deaf mute ... they passed of saying that the girl was going to be operated on because the spot of her face had grown very much (thing that we all have seen that was not like that) ... to saying that she was deaf and dumb.... Even the serious journalists have commented on this rumor, to have something about what to speak. They comment on it though it should be to say, that the people invent barbarities, and that they heard to the girl to stutter, and have seen her in Atocha, giving the return to see the people who was applauding , or she was looking where the choir was. (Thing that there saw they they all those who saw the images and that it did on that the journalist were commenting it attempts that the girl was to everything)

But it is necessary to speak about something .... and in one month Letizia will be thin because of some another disease, and Leonor will be sick with another thing.

Unfortunately there are people who is like that of cruelly and terribly. And if already it is cruel that invent things on an adult, that they invent things on a baby of 10 months it is terrifying. I do not want to think what can be for a mother that you present without scruples invent diseases on her daughter.:mad:

it is true that while reflecting one little easily to understand why letizia is thin when one attacks with your family without stop your mother your sister whom one invents of the horrible things on vortre girl and that one criticizes you without stop letizia is human and not a headstock nor a robot

Pictures from Getty Images - Her Royal Thinness

Anna Nowak said:
Her Royal Thinness
This show the quality of remarks towards Her Royal Highness The Princess of Asturias, and the path some members want to give to the present thread. This is not talking about what you think is happening or giving a sugestion, no, this is agression pure and simple!

It disgusts me as I am sure it disgusts any person of good faith, wether liking or not Princess Letizia.

For whatever it's worth, I see a definite loss weight in Ps. Letizia. She is already a thin person by nature, but there appears to be a severe cutting back of pounds. You can look in her face and see how tight the skin is across her facial structure.

There is nothing wrong with carrying around a healthy weight. Not all of us are designed to have the same figure as Audrey Hepburn or Calista Flockhart (who I think is also a closet anorexic).

What I observe of Ps. Letizia does not appear to be a healthy weight.

The skinny ones also we existed As a result of the photos and commentaries on Letizia... Imagine to comment an obese person: but fat what you are Maria, you eat well? I am sure that to no reader it would be happened to him to comment out this socially so reprobable. Nevertheless, the skinny ones, we are not only put under constantly this type of commentaries, but that we have to do as in mass media it is judged to us and even it crushed by our physical aspect. The fat people and the skinny ones exist, and we have all the right to exist! Unfortunately we lived in a society in which the important thing is not to be healthy, but to pretend it
http://www.20minutos.es/carta/150093/0/flacos/tambien/existimos/

infanteleonor said:
The skinny ones also we existed As a result of the photos and commentaries on Letizia... Imagine to comment an obese person: but fat what you are Maria, you eat well? I am sure that to no reader it would be happened to him to comment out this socially so reprobable. Nevertheless, the skinny ones, we are not only put under constantly this type of commentaries, but that we have to do as in mass media it is judged to us and even it crushed by our physical aspect. The fat people and the skinny ones exist, and we have all the right to exist! Unfortunately we lived in a society in which the important thing is not to be healthy, but to pretend it
http://www.20minutos.es/carta/150093/0/flacos/tambien/existimos/
Good point infantaleonor! I can't think of how quick a post that had pictures that said Her Royal Fatness would b e removed, yet it's somehow okay to make a post that says "Her Royal Thinness."

Remember when the press dubbed Fergie the Duchess of Pork? She was very hurt by that comment for years to come. Similarly, these kind of comments could hurt Letizia for years to come, too.

It has always bother me how it seems to be more acceptable to stigmatize every skinny woman or even label them as anorexic, under the excuse of being concern about their health.:rolleyes: But the minute you call someone fat or obese, you are this horrible superficial person.

There seems to be a double standard here, specially considering that much more people die as a result of obesity than they do as a result of anorexia.

I wouldn't label her anorexic. I wouldn't know if she is or not. Nobody knows. I just see her as too skinny and unattractive in comparison to the way she looked before her marriage to PF.

Single I want to ask a thing. That is what some people try? To convince that Letizia is ill? We lived in a world where the bad thing interests more. Excuse but a thing is to comment one or perhaps twice that Letizia is thinner but very different other is to speak single of that and to be comparing with photos of before and analyzing each photo of her and saying watch that badly she is seen. She is skinnier but also she is very happy, always has a smile; sure that now does not matter, the important thing is to speak of her thinness. I am not speaking here as one fan, that according to says do not want to see nothing; We know nothing; single we see photos and videos. Nobody doubt that is skinnier but not for that reason we must speculate on that we do not know. She has often said that she is wonderfully, that she is thus. It can that now she is not like before; but never we are equal; the people change by a thing or another one but they change; and that is necessary to accept it. As think that she feels when everybody speculates on her and the worse thing does not create in her word? Nobody in this life is perfect and we always do not have the same measurement, always we are not beautiful. She is a princess and she must have an image; but do not forget that also she is a person.

I want to clarify that I am not putting her like victim; simply I am giving to my opinion mainly this. Everybody demands but nobody is put in her place; that is very easy no? I do not like to discuss but I believe that also can give my opinion. And my opinion is that all this is too much. Can speculate but it completes word has the own Letizia; and until now she has said that she is well and that she is thus.

I say it again is necessary to be comparing and analyzing each photo of her now? She is skinny and I mainly do not understand because must continue speaking on that and worse specular a disease. Do not worry as much that she is the best careful and she is not an adolescent who does not know to take care of itself single.

Remember most important is not what the press says nor what speculate on the others; but the word of the princess and I do not know you but I with that have sufficient.

I believe also that compare this kind of photograph be useless A the tév one be make up ect if one want compare it be necessary take a photograph under the same condition it there be some photograph of before or létizia be also thin than maintain at the time of its last act it resemble milk for feature with its first appearance I hope that letizia be soon pregnant so that one him card-index the peace it be quite unhappy to must of arrive at this

I agree, pictures do not really prove anything. Anybody can choose pictures to back-up his/her point of view. If the picture is taken with the exact same clothes, hairstyle, lighting, then there might be something to judge there. Other than that, we just make an inference based on the pictures we see that all have different variables. While Letizia is thin (too thin in IMO), she may not be able to help it. Hopefully, she'll be pregnant soon and we'll get to see the fuller, much more beautiful face. :)

Even though Letizia has always been skinny, I think anyone can see that she has lost a considerable amount of weight since her marriage and pregnancy for whatever reason. I just hope that the royal role isn't too stressful to the point where she just keeps losing weight and she can't help it.

Last edited:
I think people must know hard solid facts and see doctors notes saying that someone is anorexic before actually labelling somebody as having anorexia. I think that one shouldn't just throw the disease around so easily and say that this person or that person has anorexia just because someone might think that someone does. It can do incredible damage to the person in question.

I know someone who is anorexic and it is sad to see. This girl is my friend and being anorexic really changes the person's attitude from what I can see with my friend. She has temper tantrums and looks depressed (Letizia looks quite happy in my opinion) and it is not easy hearing your friend scream and shout at you telling you she hates you....just because you are trying to help her. But anyway, i don't think one can just say this person has anorexia without knowing full well that they do....because it is jsut such a serious condition.

Last edited:
It's true that Letizia has lost some weight BUT isn't it normal with her new job. I was watching tapes from her engagement since this year in Mallorca. On TV she's not so thin, carrying Leonor. It depend's on the moment but NOBODY can't say she's anorexic. Everybody has the right to say and think what he wants BUT He must have to think on what will product on the people what he says on a newspaper or wherever in a public place !

zaza61 said:
It's true that Letizia has lost some weight BUT isn't it normal with her new job. I was watching tapes from her engagement since this year in Mallorca. On TV she's not so thin, carrying Leonor. It depend's on the moment but NOBODY can't say she's anorexic. Everybody has the right to say and think what he wants BUT He must have to think on what will product on the people what he says on a newspaper or wherever in a public place !

She's not so thin comparing to her engagement?!come on,here's a picture of her finger with her ring,you can imagine how much somebody should loose weight to have ring worn before normally looking that big now.

picture from Gettyimages posted by Larzen on Letizia's Jewelery thread

Last edited:
whatever she is having, it makes her look unhealthy and terrible.

Salomé : I didn't say she was not thiner than in her engagement ! I wanted to say that she was not so thin than on several pics ! She looks better on tv than on pics !
Sure she has lost some weight ! I hope it's just because her job is stressly !
What I wanted to say was that nobody must say she's anorexic just watching a pic. Anorexie is a terrible illness (I have lost 3 friends of that) and it's terrible to say somebody is ill without any proof.
It must be terrible for Letizia and her family (Felipe, her parents... her newiews and soon Leonor will be able to understand what is sayed around her )!!
I hope you understand what i wanted to say but my english is not terrible !

moreover if she was anorexic I it say and it repeat felipe leave not letizia with this disease he love its wife and that this see!! moreover letizia is very surrounded by its family and it will not leave it like its imagining his/her mother her father his sisters her large - mother knowing his disease and not doing anything and to let it continue his activity normally I do not believe it
yes it is true that letizia is thin but some one of thin at the base which loses health for various reason and one can understand that of letizia that this sees much if letizia has a problem of health I think that it is other problem than the anorexia bus if it were its I cannot believe that the house royal would not do anything or then would be really a crime and
inhuman

afflicted but I yes do not make any case of the German reviews the others but these rags which one déja married his sister and alberto and other not if you have an article of other newspapers then yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom