The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 08-20-2006, 11:14 PM
soCal girl's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Irvine, United States
Posts: 1,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
Im not quite sure, but i think that's bulimia.
I believe it's both bulimia and anorexia.

I am not saying Letizia has an eating disorder but I think right now she doesn't look healthy. I'm not saying she isn't healthy (I know it's possible to be really thin and healthy at the same time, my friend is tiny but she eats normally and I've known her since we were 8) but when I see pictures of Letizia now, I want to give her a bar of chocolate or something. I know that under stress, some people lose weight and Letizia seems to have been blessed with the genetic lottery so those things combined she seems to be fine. Letizia says her weight is her "constitution" and I believe her to a point. During her journalist days she was absolutely gorgeous and much fuller in the face like she also was during her pregnancy. She was thin back then but definitely not as thin as she is now. So her constitution has changed somewhat. I know pictures don't really mean anything when it comes to this issue because you can pick and choose pictures to justify either side. I just wish she hadn't lost her pregnancy weight so fast. Letizia is still pretty but during her journalist/engagement/early months of marriage age she was prettier and looked healthier IMO.
__________________

__________________
사랑
  #142  
Old 08-22-2006, 05:31 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal_girl
I am not saying Letizia has an eating disorder but I think right now she doesn't look healthy. I'm not saying she isn't healthy (I know it's possible to be really thin and healthy at the same time, my friend is tiny but she eats normally and I've known her since we were 8) but when I see pictures of Letizia now, I want to give her a bar of chocolate or something. I know that under stress, some people lose weight and Letizia seems to have been blessed with the genetic lottery so those things combined she seems to be fine. Letizia says her weight is her "constitution" and I believe her to a point. During her journalist days she was absolutely gorgeous and much fuller in the face like she also was during her pregnancy. She was thin back then but definitely not as thin as she is now. So her constitution has changed somewhat. I know pictures don't really mean anything when it comes to this issue because you can pick and choose pictures to justify either side. I just wish she hadn't lost her pregnancy weight so fast. Letizia is still pretty but during her journalist/engagement/early months of marriage age she was prettier and looked healthier IMO
I totally agree with your opinion!Of curse stress can lead a person to lose weight and it seems that is happen with Letizia, but I think also if she wanted to gain a little weight she also could do it!
__________________

  #143  
Old 08-22-2006, 06:55 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
After reading some of the comments I can't help but be thankful I'm not in the public eye. People lose weight all the time for lots of reasons and in most cases eating disorders aren't the cause.

Letizia is definitely thin at present and imo could do with putting weight on. However if she's happy with her weight and so long as it isn't affecting her health in anyway, surely that's the most important point? After all, she appears to be perfectly content with her husband and daughter and enjoying her holidays like most people.

She's a naturally slim person and may be unfortunate enough to be one pf those people who can look very thin after losing only a few pounds. Having seen a recent picture of her sister Erika, she looks to be nearly as thin as Letizia, so clearly it's something that runs in the family.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
  #144  
Old 08-22-2006, 11:45 AM
nagore's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bilbao, Spain
Posts: 133
There are many things to justify a lose weight, not only the anorexia. There are many causes of anorexia that doesn´t appear in Letizia,this is evident. I hope that one time they read about what is really anorexia. It´s a pity they always repeat the same things.

I am studying the career of nutrition and have the complete information of Anorexia and Bulimia. I put here for someone that want to know who are exactly.

Nervous anorexy

Psycho-social upheaval characterized by the voluntary rejection of the food ingestion and an important loss of weight.

Criteria diagnoses

Rejection to maintain the corporal weight over the inferior limit of normality for weight and carves, with losses of weight of 15%

Intense fear to the ponderal gain and to get fat in spite of its thinness.

Altered perception of the corporal image in weight, size or forms, feeling fat in spite of being extraordinarily thin.

In women, absence at least of three menstrual cycles without another reason that justifies it.

Precocious signs

Excessive preoccupation by the external appearance
Negation of important losses of weight
Distortion of the corporal image
Increase of the daily activity
Excessive preoccupation by the feeding
Diminution of the nourishing ingestion
Isolation of external means
Diminution of the yield
Intolerancia to the cold
Amenorrhoea
Depression


Bulimia

Upheaval of the feeding characterized by a disturbed food appetite, in which a cycle of
ingestion-vomit-ingestion is restored, with ponderal modification of the individual or without her.

Precocious signs

Frequent variations of the corporal weight

Depression

Distímica conduct

Dental decay

Abdominal pain and meteorismo

Faringitis of repetition

Dehydration

Great caloric consumption and of foods in short periods of time
  #145  
Old 08-22-2006, 01:21 PM
TamaraKhan's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burlöv-Singapore, Sweden
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagore
There are many things to justify a lose weight, not only the anorexia. There are many causes of anorexia that doesn´t appear in Letizia,this is evident. I hope that one time they read about what is really anorexia. It´s a pity they always repeat the same things.
I am very thankful for the informations u posted nagore.

Don't get me wrong about what I will say,I won't say that Letizia is anorexic,but if that Anorexia's signs don't appear on Letizia,this doesn't proof she's not,because we have the example of late princess Diana who admitted that she was bulimic for many years,but nobody had noticed any sign of bulimia on her,sometimes,the anorexic or the bulimc get very clever to hide the signs of his illeness...people was talking only about how she a STAR she was beautiful ,elegant...,but she was really the last happy woman on earth.

Once again,we are not on Letizia's head and body,and we don't know how happy is she,and what she feels and thinks really.
  #146  
Old 08-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Doña Metizia's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 82
Unhappy

Just because she may eat normally does not mean that she may be healthy. There are people that eat normally or ever more but exercise like crazy to burn off everything they have eaten. I don't recognize her in more recent pictures.
__________________
Why don’t you shut up? ~ HM Juan Carlos I of Spain
  #147  
Old 08-22-2006, 04:31 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm

crisiñaki, thank you for sharing that great article (sorry, Larzen, couldn't help :mrgreen: myself) ...
hey T, tongue in cheek much?
Expressen is like the swedish version of our beloved "photoshopped-covered" german magazines, right?
I put the article 'cuz I found it and it was fitting to the topic, the funny thing is that I found the spanish translation first!

In a more serious matter, I heard about an article on Letizia's weight in Bunte, but I haven't been able to find it, maybe our austrian/german members can...
Thanks in advance
  #148  
Old 08-22-2006, 07:55 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
I think Princess Letizia is pregnant again, maybe that is the reason of her thiness, she was really thin when got pregnant for first time.
  #149  
Old 08-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Tinika's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, United States
Posts: 276
I don't know if she has an eating disorder or not; she still looks stunningly beautiful to me--but I will say that she looks older than 33 these days. If I didn't know any better I might guess mid- to late thirties.
  #150  
Old 08-23-2006, 04:55 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PARIS, France
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
I think Princess Letizia is pregnant again, maybe that is the reason of her thiness, she was really thin when got pregnant for first time.
i think the same it is true that for his fist pregnacie she was very very thin
for the fact that letizia look more de 33 years it is is weight but after more kilos she look neutiful and her age
  #151  
Old 08-23-2006, 05:25 AM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Expressen is like the swedish version of our beloved "photoshopped-covered" german magazines, right?
Its not Its daily tabloid newspaper and although much of what is written on royalties is not 100% correct, esp on forreign royals, they dont photshop and make up pretend stories like the german boulevard press. They also has political news, sports, entertainment etc etc
http://www.expressen.se/
__________________
"Those who do not like you fall into two categories, the stupid and the envious"
-The Libertine
  #152  
Old 08-23-2006, 06:27 AM
sandra1's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Panketal, Germany
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
I think Princess Letizia is pregnant again, maybe that is the reason of her thiness, she was really thin when got pregnant for first time.
i think you are right. briefly before her pregnancy she was thinnest and that could be now again. i hope so.
whe she was pregnant she looks like 33 but so she realy looked older.
  #153  
Old 08-23-2006, 07:20 AM
RhapsodyBrat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cavite City, Philippines
Posts: 1,399
don't you think we should be a little more careful with the "i think she's pregnant again" post? no one has ever even thought that a pregnancy is a factor in the current discussions here, and i'm afraid those kind of statements lean towards, i'm sorry to say this, rumors and gossip.

i emphasized i think because i don't think it's right to say that, and we are not in the position to say so.

just my opinion.
  #154  
Old 08-23-2006, 12:56 PM
catango's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tolima, Colombia
Posts: 544
It is worst to say that she has a eating disorder, so please here nobody knows the true, and I remember you that this is a forum, and this is a topic where you could think everything, so I just say that because of the circunstances,so I think that could be.
  #155  
Old 08-23-2006, 01:11 PM
Anna_R's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,143
Although this is a forum and everyone has the right to their own opinions - and all of them are appreciated, there's a thin line between "I think" statements and gossip.

In the specific rules of this thread, posted by Alexandria here, there's the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
4) There is to be no speculation whatsoever.
If you want to make a point, then provide credible sources for your point. For example, if you think that Letizia is thinner now than in her journalist days, post pictures or make references to articles that demonstrate this. Unsupported comments or posts may be removed.
So, saying the princess might be pregnant without substantiating the information is pure speculation and, therefore, it doesn't belong in this thread (or in the Forums whatsoever).

Thanks for understanding,
Anna_R
Spanish Forum Moderator
__________________
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift... That's why it's called present...
  #156  
Old 08-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PARIS, France
Posts: 276
http://www.lasalud.com.mx/index.php?id=534

Mexico, D.F., 23 of August (Writing Health World of Today). - She insists, like her circle of friendships, in which she eats perfectly well and that its thinness is something inherent to its physical constitution, but the photos taken during the last vacations of the real family in Palma de Mallorca in July of the this year, reveal that princess Letizia of Spain undergoes a terrible well-known nutritional upheaval like anorexy and that every time becomes more chronic.

The first rumors on a possible nutritional upheaval of the ex- journalist arose in March of the last year, when the weekly magazine Paris Match questioned if it underwent the bad call "of the princess", but this year, during their stay in Majorca, the means returned to question the extreme thinness of the princess of Asturias.

The German newspaper "Bild" published "the arms of Letizia are skinny, the thin face. From the birth her daughter, the princess has put itself very skinny. Its pretty face is sunk and full of furrows ". And the Newspaper of Majorca commented "the only thin princess of Europe seems a fading".

The efforts of Letizia to deny the rumors that have been provoked, something little common in the real family, only demonstrate the first symptom of the disease: the negation.

In the 2005 it managed to free the subject. After the birth of her Leonor daughter, she commented that more "rellenita" would enchant to him to gain weight of natural form to be a little, although did not worry to him to have lost some kilos after giving to light its infant. Nothing commented, but many doubts because arose the princess had problems of nauseas, vomit and gastritis during the nine months of her pregnancy, when these sufferings only occur in the first months of gestation.

Now with their skeletal figure adorning the covers of the magazines, return to attack it with force the journalists and the public in general. So everything becomes a vicious circle: to greater international attention, greater pressure to be perfect and consequently, less and less weight.

Letizia measures 1,68 meters and the weight 45 kilos, most probable is than it is stature zero, to much the two. But at the beginning of century XXI, when she still worked for the television, Lucia a thin but adorned figure with attractive curves, even that 22 of May of the 2004, when she became the wife of the heir of the crown of Spain, prince of Asturias Felipe de Borbón, still could be spoken of her weight and not of the absence of this one as she happens at the moment.

Without a doubt, a thin figure, and heals is attractive, but when somebody becomes thin dangerously, the face shines aged and the figure in general is like the one of a patient, and is exactly as well as princess Letizia shines.

When she studied in Mexico, 11 years ago, his aspect was completely different, its Mexican friend Sara Cuéllar, with whom lived while she studied in the University of Guadalajara was witness of this transformation and another one of its companions affirmed that from that Letizia time the vomit was induced and was obsessed with its weight.

Although the Real House has ignored the situation of Letizia, late that early they will have to pay attention, because if it wants to be again pregnant to try to have an inheriting man, hardly it will be able to obtain it, because its body would not resist it.

It is a fact that the upheaval that the princess suffers not generated overnight, the anorexy occurs gradually, the ex- journalist already was thin, even before the announcement his commitment, but in each public appearance its body was and thinner more.

When one becomes the princess of Asturias, it happens to be the center of attention worldwide and although already it was accustomed the cameras by his previous work like television presenter, his new position demanded an excellent appearance.

The pressure became suffocating, was already the woman more Vista and criticized in the Mother country after Reina Sofía, so the uncontrol and its obsession took it to add itself to list of the women of the royalty who suffer badly "of the princess".

In 1997 princess Victoria of Sweden suffered of anorexy, the Swedish real house summoned to the press and made the situation public. The means left it peacefully, the town supported their to him, received aid and today it is recovered completely.

Mette-Marit of Norway, before marrying with prince Haakon, was losing weight of drastic way due to stress and the nerves, its aspect terribly became haggard until it confessed publicly that it had lived difficult times and that was involved in the world of the drug; the Norwegians gave a confidence vote him and recovered their healthy aspect.

The Real House Norwegian has been first in making any incident public that can happen to him to the members of the real family and thus have managed to avoid rumors and tendenciosas speculations.

Alexandra of Denmark, before its wedding with prince Joaquin, also suffered a showy loss of weight, like Mary Donaldson, luckyly recognized his badly and she was put under a treatment that I take it to recover its self-esteem and its healthy and youthful aspect.

Princess Diana publicly spoke of his bulimia and anorexy, caused mainly by an inferiority complex that prince Carlos imposed to him constantly when saying to him that she was fat. In addition to its passion by the fashion.

The young princess feels forced to be perfect in everything, to have to be exemplary, pleasant, obedient, delicate, and takes on their shoulders the responsibility of an image excelsa. Such pressure ends at anorexy.

The anoréxicas people experience an intense fear to the increase of weight although this one diminishes more and more and an alarming way. A distortion of the corporal image takes place, which forces to maintain the diet.

The fact of the loss of weight is practically denied always by the patient and usually it does not become aware of the disease. This malnutrición produces alterations, symptoms and upheavals: hypotension, alterations of the skin, gastrointestinales fall of hair, upheavals, etc. Also to obsessive symptoms of anxiety, depression occur and.

Most of the affected ones they perceive a distorted corporal image because they see too much fat without paying attention to the skinny thing that it is his aspect.

These women present/display some very peculiar characteristics as they are it: A file of light overweight. They begin having a light overweight reason why they are put under strict diets and soon they do not stop when they arrive at the looked for weight but that, they are pleased, and they continued losing weight.

An excessive desire to please to the others and to avoid estresantes situations: they try to please to the others to expenses of its own happiness reason why they develop a rigid personality, expressed in an excessive necessity to follow rules and a tendency to criticize to the others. They try to maintain the control on its surroundings because they do not have control on its own life.

Election of a liking or a race that grants great importance to the weight: the races of dancer, actress, model and sportsman, foment this disease because a high value is granted to him to have a thin and healthful aspect. The same it happens to the princess.

The nervous anorexy is an upheaval of the nourishing behavior that is characterized by a significant loss of the corporal weight normally produced by the voluntary decision to become thin.

This thinning is obtained suppressing or reducing the food consumption, specially "those that also get fat" and with certain frequency by means of vomits, illegal use of laxatives, exaggerated physical exercise, as well as the consumption of anorexígenos and diuréticos.
  #157  
Old 08-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Oppie's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 537
Infanteleonor

Would you be able to edit your post and add a few paragraphs. The article is incredible hard to read.

Many Thanks
  #158  
Old 08-23-2006, 03:32 PM
ldt20's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, United States
Posts: 229
Hi Oppie,

I've read the article from Lasalud.com.mx and in my opinion is full of lies.

They say it's a fact that Letizia is anorexic (nobody knows that) and even goes to say how other princesses lost weight for their weddings and admitted having weight problems (not true either).

This article also mentions that one of Letizia's roommates while she was living in Mexico, states that she was obssesed with her weight and would make herself vomit (I really doubt it).

I understand why everybody talks about Letizia's weight. She is in the public eye and many people are interested in her. It is obvios that she has lost weight but it is incredible to what extents some publications will go to and twist information.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie
Infanteleonor

Would you be able to edit your post and add a few paragraphs. The article is incredible hard to read.

Many Thanks
  #159  
Old 08-23-2006, 03:34 PM
lula's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , Spain
Posts: 18,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by infanteleonor
The article is a copy of the previous ones, does not say anything new, to copy and to stick. I do not deal because the Mexican press speculates on anything of what they do not have idea. I imagine that speaking about Letizia they sell more.

In these articles, ignorant journalists speculate in an incredible way ... and they commit many incorrectnesses and mistakes. Mixing symptoms of anorexia, of bulimia, of pregnancy...

- An anorexic woman cannot remain a pregnant woman. One of the symptoms of the anorexia is the retreat of the menstruation, which prevents therefore a pregnancy. If Letizia who was very thin in January, 2005, and of that they said that she was anorexic in January - February, 2005 ... it had been really, Leonor would never have born.

- On the commentary of the nauseas in the pregnancy, the commentary that they do is a lie. Because if it is true that the nauseas are more common in all women in the first 3 months of the pregnancy, there are many cases oif women that suffer it during the whole pregnancy (in case of Letizia influenced also by the constant trips in car and helicopter).

- Letizia is not forced to have a son male, on the contrary, would be much better that she took beautiful girls as Leonor.

- Another thing, there is curious the manipulation that they do of the psychological topic. A patient denies his thinness, someone that is ill with anorexia believes that it is fat... Letizia has never denied it... About Saying that her thinness is constitutional it is not to deny the thinness, but to deny that another type of disease is had ... that are very different things. She admits that she is thin, in occasions she has said that it would not matter for her to gain any kilos, and does little she has said that though after Leonor's birth she has lost kilos, it does not matter for her.
  #160  
Old 08-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Mari_*'s Avatar
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pty, Panama
Posts: 1,047
I don't think neither Letizia nor the Royal House would deny if she really had an eating disorder, bulimia, anorexia and whatever other diseases.. And it is not nice of her "friend" Sara Cuéllar saying that Letizia used to induce vomit if she really did it.. :dry:
Anyway just another paper, magazine i don't know.. that need to raise it sells..
Thanks for the article infanteleonor
__________________

__________________
..F&L..
Closed Thread

Tags
princess letizia, princess letizias weight


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Letizia's Maternity Fashion: May 2005 - bigheadshirmp Royal House of Fashion 253 05-31-2009 07:02 PM
Princess Letizia's Purses and Shoes, to August 2005 micas Archives 204 08-31-2005 10:34 AM




Popular Tags
andrew scott cooper ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coronation coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dictatorship duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy murder new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess marie events princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mette-marit fashion and style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises