The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Aristocracy

Seems to me Letizia is one of those people who drives herself very hard, she wants to do any job she takes on very well and in the last couple of years she has taken on the job of Princess of Asturias, wife and mother. Those are some huge life changes to undergo in such a short amount of time. Sometimes people can neglect themselves a bit by putting themselves and their health second to everything else but that doesn't mean that she is anorexic, just very thin and maybe needs to think of herself a bit more.
Regarding the comment above about how she shouldn't wear a bikini, was that a joke? I think she looks fine in her bikini. Just asking

Old 08-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Courtier

I do not know if this is the right thread to post this comment - Having established the fact that a lot of people think Letizia is too thin, that she was more attractive when she weighed more, I would like to say that she seems to be working very hard for her country and that she has been a good ambassador for Spain.

Old 08-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Courtier

crisinaki, what does that magazine say? It's soo small...

Thanks!!

www.one.org
Old 08-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
This picture has been taken by paparazi before she marry Felipe. I can see that she was already skinny in that time.
Not a paparazzi but a neighbour who saw a beautiful neighbour by the pool and took a picture of her ...

I check the forum when the photo appeared and like Letizia seemed more chubby at the time of the engagement everyone was saying it was not her because she was fuller and this girl in the photo was all bones and skin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo
That's an interesting thought! I mean, who has time to keep an eye on the neighbohr and place himself (I assume he was a man) on a position she won't see him for him to take that photo?
Or even more important, Toledo, why would you store* a photo of a neighbour of yours in an album waiting her to be a royal so you could sell it... because the photo didn't appear when she was at televison and I am sure there would be market for it then but only after her engagement with Felipe the photo appeared at a very doubtful forum as being Letizia sunbathing in a private swimming pool...

(*I know by now you must be thinking I have a problem with storages ...)

Regards,
mtbcm
Old 08-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathilde1286
crisinaki, what does that magazine say? It's soo small...

Thanks!!
I would tell you if I had the magazine but that was what I was trying to find, I just found the cover!
anyway if I found the article, I'll post it here

check this out:

http://www.jmnoticias.com/index.php?...fullnews&id=85

The title is: The sickly thinness of Letizia
Old 08-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbcm
Or even more important, Toledo, why would you store* a photo of a neighbour of yours in an album waiting her to be a royal so you could sell it... because the photo didn't appear when she was at televison and I am sure there would be market for it then but only after her engagement with Felipe the photo appeared at a very doubtful forum as being Letizia sunbathing in a private swimming pool...
So which is you conclusion mtbcm? Do you think it was a paparazzi, a neighbour, a stalker?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
So which is you conclusion mtbcm? Do you think it was a paparazzi, a neighbour, a stalker?
Three in one dear Mari, three in one ... when she became engaged I was one of those who doubted this thin woman could be her...

Don't understand me wrong, I like to see a chubbier Letizia, I love to see a perfectly dressed, with a glowing make-up and a perfect hairdo Crown Princess... what I don't like is to see how some people get banging her head to the wall if she isn't like that 24 over 24 hours one complete year...

But luckly for those people she will return her duties in a month or so and they can find another thing to pick, her shoes aren't nice, that belt doesn't look good, OMG what happened to her eeek yacc and all yocks they want... like a carroussel another coin another round...

Because one thing is for sure, who is chubby will most probably have problems all her life struggling against it and who is thin like Letizia, her family and more royal women, will always be thin and there's nothing we can say or do to change it...

I've said this before, I'm a fat person since I remember, but I had my times as a thin person - for example, when I was preparing my wedding, and without any diet, I lost 20 Kg in 4 months; I kept that way for some time but after kids arrived I went to fat again and I struggle with it daily, so I have no reason for not believing that Letizia is on the other side of the mirror... If I just could take the time back and be that person I used to be..... I wouldn't do it. Nor would Letizia I am sure!

Regards,
mtbcm :)
Old 08-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Okay i got your point!
Now, are we sure it is in fact Letizia? Because i can't see the face, don't we have a larger version of the photo?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
I'll attempt a try to an answer myself on the identity of the photographer...let's see the multiple choices:
A.paparazi?
B. neighbohr?
C. stalker?

I think I'm undecided between B and C. He is/was a neighbohr who became a stalker when he noticed she was trying to get a sun tan. As I said above, the way the photo was taken seems to me the guy made an effort not to be seen by her. There are no obstacles like a window frame and she would have reacted had he come out of a window camera in hand. This is scary. It proves you don't have to be famous to attract the attention of some disturbed individuals.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:15 AM
Courtier

I noticed something interesting in Lety's sunbathing picture http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9&d=1106510656 ....Is it the Spanish flag picture on her left side wall (we can see just part of it) ? She must be very proud of her country then paint her national flag picture on her wall .
Old 08-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
check this out:

I wonder what is going to happen now, there is too much bad publicity lately about Letizia's weight. Maybe the royal house will deny it again, but i doubt it as they tend to not talk about every rumour that is out there, which is good. But this is getting out of hand and sooner or later an official comunication can do just good.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel
I wonder what is going to happen now, there is too much bad publicity lately about Letizia's weight. Maybe the royal house will deny it again, but i doubt it as they tend to not talk about every rumour that is out there, which is good. But this is getting out of hand and sooner or later an official comunication can do just good.
It is clear that each one writes and inspects what wants. Without any medical base, without any true or official information. It is not important for them to play with the health of the persons, or speculate on serious diseases, does not import anything for them. And it is very sad.

What they cannot do is to be writing a communique whenever the press starts speculating, already they did it once and it did not use as anything. A pregnancy and not even a marvellous girl have served in order that they stop speculating.

Letizia speaks with naturalness of the topic with the press, even she does jokes ... but it does not use as anything either. They have to speak about something, of speculating of something, and Letizia's thinness is a topic that sells well. Because the time will pass, she will continue being thin, will have more children, will continue doing her work .... but they will continue speculating ... because about something they have to speak.

There does not worry to Letizia's thinness ... what worries me is the pressure to which they submit it with so many speculation. Because she is like that, and she has got tired of saying it, and has said that it would not matter for her to gain a few kilos, but that she cannot ... and it is not new, before the wedding already it was said that the Princess was like that, and enclosed was commented that the reason for the one that did not like to put on skirt was that she saw her legs very thin.

The constant obsession of the press with this topic, is going to manage to harm Letizia, because it is going to create a complex ... and it if it is worrying. If you say a fat person every day that is very fat, that has to slim .... doesn´t help, you depress and makes feel badly with it same. If a person is thin, and the whole world does not also repeat again and again that has to put on weight, doesn´t help. It is necessary to accept that not the whole world has an ideal weight, and that there are persons of all kinds, because when it is not accepted and press to the people in order that it is otherwise, it is when really the problems appear.

Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, for example, was much thinner when she was young, and now it is clear that her metabolism has changed and is fatter. If the press, writes every week, that she is very fat and which has to slim, they would finish sinking her. The problem is not that she is fatter, the problem is that they press it, to return to be in such a way that already she is not.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
check this out:

the article is from swedish expressen but I belive it was danish Ekstrabladet who started it. ekstrabladet is not what I would call a fountain of authority on european royal matters, and the book mentioned which features Madeleines boobs in her red nobel dress on the cover, even less

Quote:
http://ekstrabladet.dk/underholdning...icle218085.ece
Babygirl Leonors arms is a picture of health and has the chubby look that real babyarms is supposed to have. But the arm that holds the little girl is alarmingly thin and should not be sitting on a grown woman. The arm belongs to the spanish Crown Princess, Letizia, that now is so thin that the spanish people are concerened. When she recently visited Mallorca she created more attention that she usually does, because the people and the concerened media got a shock when they saw how thin the Queen to be, had become

For more than one year the media has specualted in , if Letizia has anorexia, her chins are sunken, he shoulders are pointing out and the arms are so thin it is scary to look at. But despite the pictures of the very frail Princess the Spanish court denies that there should be something wrong with LEtizia

the former reporter has always been very slim but after she married to Felipe in may 2004 has the kilos disappeared from her already tiny body. It has made the watchers point to that Letizia has been hit with the "Princess sickness", it has gotten this name because several of the European Princesses has battled it. It is the constant attention and the insecurity of wether they perform well enough, that makes the young women to eager to loose weight, so they will look good on pictures

Home here (Denamrk) we also know the problem with our own Princesses, Alexandra and Mary who both have lost weight and gotten to thin after they became the icing of the royal cake. According to a swedish book is it even Frederiks looks at other women that is the reason MAry developed the the Princess sickness. It has gone so far that Mary gets the Princess sickness in her battle to please, and not even when he proposes, with the acceptance of the Queen is Mary sure, It has dawned on her that charming Frederik has a good eye to other woemn, says the swedish author Catarina Hurtig. But whilst Mary gained a little after the birth off Christian, the kilos keeps falling of LEtizia
the same story in a norwegian paper pluss it has been in all the glossy magazines both in sweden and norway
http://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/k...icle710773.ece
Old 08-19-2006, 08:51 AM
Courtier

I am sorry but when your in the public a lot things are said about you because your not a regular person espically when your royal. You must watch want you say,what you wear and even how you look . The Crown Princess Of Spain looks much thinner since she andCrown Prince Felipe and had their daughter . Weight will always be a issue it is important to take care of yourself and maintain a healthyweight. Next Star.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star
I am sorry but when your in the public a lot things are said about you because your not a regular person espically when your royal. You must watch want you say,what you wear and even how you look . The Crown Princess Of Spain looks much thinner since she andCrown Prince Felipe and had their daughter . Weight will always be a issue it is important to take care of yourself and maintain a healthyweight. Next Star.
It is not necessary to mix the things. To be thin is not to be sick, and never she has given samples of being sick, on the contrary, she develops a very intense activity, a few times with days of many hours and others with many trips.

Letizia is not like that because she likes her or because she has surrendered to a strict diet ... she is like that because her metabolism works this way ... and because the activity that she develops, the stress of her daily life does that her metabolism works very rapidly.

She can do a diet to gain weight, can do specific exercises to gain musculature, can avoid the drinks with caffeine that produce exciting.... but principal the stress, the daily activity, the pressures ... she cannot avoid them.

Which is the option? If the option is that she has a more relaxed life .... it is impossible ... she is not going to stop having activities, of travelling, of reading the press ... she cannot stop exercising her work to put on weight and to be more prettier. If Letizia had to leave her work to gain weight, she would be when really we might say that a problem exists. In this case if she would do it for health and not for beauty.

For example, in Spain nobody speaks about the aspect of the minister Elena Salgado, she is very thin (though she is not the thinnest, the Vice-president of the Government is thinner) ... and nobody values her aspect but her work ... and I speak about her, because she is the minister of Health, which sends message on the health, and the one that presents campaigns to diseases, how for example the anorexia .... but nobody begins to judge her aspect. And nobody values her thinness to exercise her work as Minister of Health.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Even if Letizia has problems with her weight I think that she has a good medicine care, and we probably would never know about that.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Even if Letizia has problems with her weight I think that she has a good medicine care, and we probably would never know about that.
In everything it is necessary to use the logic.

If something cannot hide it is a disease. A sick person has symptoms, a sick person is weak, does not have energy ... a person falls ill in unable to take an official active life. If you have a flu, you can hide it one day and come ill to an act. But it is impossible to hide an a bit serious disease for weeks or months. If a person is sick the first thing that it does is to reduce the activity. For example, when Letizia remained pregnancy, she reduced her activity the first 3 months, especially the second one and the third one, the Princes had fewer activities and the more important trips. Nevertheless, they had to announce the pregnancy before the visit to Majorca because in a visit of so many days it would be impossible to hide it.
For very good taken care that they have it is impossible that a person makes ill has on a Monday a visit of 8 hours in Madrid, and in the same week travel to Cadiz, Valencia, Segovia and Seville ... it is exhausting for the healthiest person of the world.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Courtier

I really don't think Letizia's sick she's just too thin.. I have a friend who eats too much but is not gaining weight. It really depends on the person's metabolism.. There are some people who are really thin even if they eat too much..
Old 08-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

My friend has the same problem as your too.
Btw. Look at Letizia's mother or sisters they're thin too, maybe no like Leti but they are/was.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, for example, was much thinner when she was young, and now it is clear that her metabolism has changed and is fatter. If the press, writes every week, that she is very fat and which has to slim, they would finish sinking her. The problem is not that she is fatter, the problem is that they press it, to return to be in such a way that already she is not.
You make here a good point, lula... I was thinking the same the other day, while reading the posts made by some members here.

Of course people change, during the course of their lives; moreover after you get pregnant. And if Princess Letizia is now thinner (and nobody ever denied it, because it's evident) than when she was working as a journalist, the truth is that, to be honest, I actually think that, out of all Princesses, she is the one who changed the least... I mean, this Mary we see now is much thinner than the one we saw living in Australia; this Máxima is chubbier than when she was working in the US; this Infanta Cristina is far thinner than the one we saw in the 80's; this Maria Teresa is far chubbier than the tinny Princess we saw 10 years ago...

Letizia is skinnier now than 2 years ago, but there isn't bigger difference (I'm sure not more than 4/5 kilos) than we see in any of the other women I mentioned above.

If a maganize kept saying at Maria Teresa «Hey, you're fat! You have to start starving right now and loose 10 kilos immediately, because you're looking obese!», i'm sure many people here (me included) would consider that cruel and would say a woman who becomes a mother has the right to loose the body frame she used to have, because motherhood is the most wonderful thing that can happen in a woman's life... But for some reason, Letizia is not entitled to have her metabolism altered after the pregnancy and loose 3 or 4 kilos, without having dozens of yellow maganizes calling her anoretic on their colourfull covers...

Tags
princess letizia, princess letizias weight