Letizia's Weight

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow,Letizia really was beautiful when she was healthier comparing pictures of post #17,my perefered pic is 1st one ,from her reporter days I suppose,and at her wedding she already lost weight but her face was still beautiful.
Before, she was also in the thin side,but not as thin as now,something is going wrong with her face after all that weight loose,and it looks not very proportionate with the rest of her body.

I am not convicted when people talk about the presure of being a royal and stress which are the main causes of her dramatical weight loose,she was also under presure of spots and being a national celebrity before,and under the presure of her work,which I assume more hard than now, and didn't loose that weight.

planetcher said:
Don't forget people that anorexia is a mental disorder. I don't think she has anorexia because we see pictures of her and Felipe and read from publications that they love to go out to eat plus they eat in some of their official events they go to. Anorexics don't like food. She is very thin now, but that doesn't mean that she's anorexic. All anorexics are thin, but not all thin people are anorexic. Get it?
When somebody is anorexic,he dislikes food,but it doesn't mean always that he doesn't eat it,but the anorexic doesn't like to keep it in his body,many anorexic people have sometimes crisis and eat tones of food,but sorry vomit all what they eat few time after,it's the case where anorexia is associated with boulimia,and it goes also when the anorexia is not assocaited with boulimic crisis,when the anorexic is obliged to eat some food due to some reasons,he vomits later.

Last edited by a moderator:
planetcher said:
Don't forget people that anorexia is a mental disorder. I don't think she has anorexia because we see pictures of her and Felipe and read from publications that they love to go out to eat plus they eat in some of their official events they go to. Anorexics don't like food. She is very thin now, but that doesn't mean that she's anorexic. All anorexics are thin, but not all thin people are anorexic. Get it?

I absolutely understand your point planetcher, and from very personal experience.

I have a friend who has been dealing with anorexia for the past ten plus years. She has been in and out of an anorexia recovery program for the past three years. This year she has tried to kill herself twice already because of her eating disorder. As such, my friends and I (four of us plus her) have been attending group therapy sessions to understand the crux of her eating disorder and how she feels.

Anorexia is not about food. It never is. Anorexia is (for most people) a matter of control. In some aspect one feels that one has lost control of one's life and controlling what one eats (or doesn't eat) is one way to gain control back in one's life.

For my friend, it started when she was 13 or 14 and her mom told her that she looked chubby -- when clearly she was not and as she was going through puberty her body was changing constantly, as all of our bodies do at that age. But that single comment by her mom has lead on her a drastic course. Over the next 10 years some very tragic things would happen in my friend's life, including losing both of her parents, one suddenly and one after a long self-induced illness. On top of that we all went away to different universities and were split up for the first time in our lives, and of course starting a new school, meeting new people and school itself was very hard. As these things happened, her anorexia worsened because in her eyes her life was spinning beyond her control and controlling what she did not consume was all she had left.

Eating or food was never an issue for her. It was just a means for her to gain control in her life. Eating and food have become a means of psychological control for her. She doesn't resent the idea of food; it's just what food represents to her.

crisiñaki said:
Letizia's Evolution...
Before:

After:
sources: Seeger Press, Diez Minutos, TVE captions

As I said in a previous reply about this same subject, it all depends on the pictures chosen.

Using the same terms as you did:

Letizia's evolution:

Way before:

27 years old

As a teenager

On the field

As a young adult

Captures from TVE, taken from the site http://letiziaortiz.tk and pictures from Diez Minutos, Polfoto and ABC

Other post with more examples, by Elsa M.: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/489372-post394.html

Letizia in Palma de Mallorca 2006:

July 22nd:

Wireimage

http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=palma25.jpg
http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=palma28.jpg

Reuters

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=256230&d=1153572016

Getty Images

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=256225&d=1153571441

Terra

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=256368&d=1153602191

July 23rd

Getty Images

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=256470&d=1153660060

Reuters

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=256522&d=1153675841

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=256525&d=1153676025

Terra:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=256540&d=1153679720

Wireimage

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=256705&d=1153696724

Deadline:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=256757&d=1153742785

The same night of the Photoshoot:

Polfoto:
http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=qs2g7090yx1.jpg

As I said previously, I'm not denying that the princess is skinny, I'm just saying that implying that she's suffering some kind of illness or eating disorder is a stereotype.

So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Thank you for your post Meredith. Looking at your post, I thought of something else that we need to consider before accusing Letizia of having an eating disorder.

You have to consider what was happening in Letizia's life as a journalist and Letizia's life now.

As a journalist, with all the travelling and the field work, Letizia's life was no doubt difficult and stressful. It was probably chaotic and her schedule was somewhat erratic. Reporting from the front line of places Letizia probably was not able to eat at a regular time. Such a demanding job as one of the country's top journalists/TV personalities was no doubt demanding and stressful. It took a lot of hard work to get to that position and no doubt even more hard work to stay there. It required being aggressive and staying on top of world events.

As stressful and demanding as Letizia's life was then, I would say that her life is probably a lot more stressful and demanding now, even if she does have more help now than (none at all) in her journalist days. The Princes of Asturias usually have at least one if not two acts a day as well as work that is done behind the scenes. Considering that Letizia is a perfectionist and from what I have read about how informed she is at her engagements, no doubt she knows about every aspect of a writer/musician or politician's life or their policies or beliefs. To research that thoroughly or to absorb so much information so thoroughly requires time. To further increase the stress level, Spain's monarchy being in a precarious situation as it is, is no doubt an added level of stress for Letizia to do well and to represent the Spanish royal family well. The criticism about her previous marriage and divorce are other factors Letizia has had to personally overcome to her critics.

Also, she now has a young daughter to care for. Babies at Leonor's age keep any parent on their toes. While Letizia has a nanny who cares for Leonor while she is working, I'm sure that when she is home she is doing her fair share then of running around after Leonor. If you consider that she is genetically predisposed to a fast metabolism, running around after a baby no doubt helps to keep that metabolism fast.

Don't get me wrong, I have learned from the example of my friend that if someone is sick, then action needs to be taken before things get worst (as is the case with my friend). But I do not believe that we are not informed enough with Letizia to know this, even if all I can tell is from pictures. It's not right to say that just because she is "soooooooooooo skinny" or "so much skinnier than from her journalism days" that she must have an eating disorder now.

If you looked at pictures of me from five years ago I look different than I do today. Five years ago I was a university student with an eratic school schedule who ate when she could, and usually then it was microwave dinners and popcorn, paired with lots of beer. Five years later I go to the gym regularly and am more aware and conscious of what I eat and how I cook my food. So if you judge strictly by pictures I was certainly bigger then than I am now. But consider the circumstances in life and consider that as the years past we all change and look different.

Last edited:
Sorry about the pics, those were the ones I had on my hard disk...:ermm::bang:

I'd like to add that we also need to keep in mind that women's bodies naturally fluctuate, and that I know a few new mothers myself who lost a lot of weight after their babies were born because taking care of an infant is a lot of physically demanding work.

As Alexandria said, on top of this, Letizia is known as a perfectionist, and she seems to really want to do her in-laws and the Spanish people right. That's a lot of pressure, even as her life in and by itself may be less demanding than her former 'gig' as a reporter.

We all scrutinize people like Letizia, so in this particular case before we call anything a spade, so to speak, we should try to look at this as distant as possible.
I for one made the mistake of, when I saw pictures of Letizia at the World soccer cup, to comment on how thin I thought she looked. I did think that, but probably I shouldn't have expressed it, because I don't think it's constructive in the end. I hope Letizia doesn't read this forum, because all our comments on her weight may add to even more stress for her.

I think Letizia is just one of those women who are just naturally skinny, and in times of real stress just forgets to eat or metabolize it very quickly . I have a friend who is as skinny as she is and trust me, she eats-its just sometimes she forgets to eat, especially if she is busy or stressed out, which some people stress themselves out very easily. Pictures also can make skinny people look skinnier too. Trust me I suffered from Anorexia Nervosa since I was 11 and I still struggle with food everyday and it is not a disease people should take lightly or even suggest Letizia has (even if its never mentioned directly). Its a horrible disease that is with you forever. I hope I haven't said anything that was offensive or anything that I wasn't supposed to have written in this forum!

I don't think it's very helpful for us to compare her appearance before and after marrying the Prince. You say that while being a journalist she was very beautiful, inspite of having the stressful job, and then she changed for worse. Of course she was beautiful: but we should remember about one thing. It was what she wanted to do her WHOLE life. Her grandma and father were journalists. We have several pics of Leti in her early and mid teens, sitting in the radio station. Then she was studying journalism at the university. Her job was stressful, but she loved it and did it with passion. Moreover, we should notice the difference between sitting in the studio as an anchorwoman and working "in the field". While reading the news in "telediario" she had loans of make-up on her face, perfect hair, perfect clothes, perfect light and many companions around her, whose work was to help her if some technical etc. problems appear. In NY or Iraq it wasn't so easy any longer and we can see it on the pics posted above, where she looks worse than in the studio and is a bit thinner.
Personally I think she can be still (or was till now) breastfeeding the baby (not round-the-clock, of course), just look how big, chubby and healthy Leo looks. Some doctors advice to feed the baby until it's 1 year old (!!!) so that the child does not have the tendency to have an allergy. And Letizia, as a first time mum probably wants to do her bests and is (was) breastfeeding the girl always when she had time between her official activities.

ortino said:
Trust me I suffered from Anorexia Nervosa since I was 11 and I still struggle with food everyday and it is not a disease people should take lightly or even suggest Letizia has (even if its never mentioned directly). Its a horrible disease that is with you forever. I hope I haven't said anything that was offensive or anything that I wasn't supposed to have written in this forum!

I totally agree with all of your post ortino! I, like you suffered with anorexia nervosa but luckily I came out of it well. My doctor told me that I was one of the best recovery cases he had seen. Now I am happy and healthy. As you said, it is a dreadful disease and I think it is wrong to suggest that Letizia has it when we haven't got any proof.

About you saying you hope you haven't written anything that shouldn't be in the forum, to me there is no problem! I think it's good that people who have experienced it can talk about it! However that's not for me to decide :) Anyway I hope people can understand that we aren't defending Letizia because she is our favourite princess blah blah..but because we have real reason to :flowers:

I think Marivent pics of Letizia didn't help, but we have to be aware that while in Mallorca Letizia didn't seem, or didn't have the time, to bother with her make-up (although she tried her best for SaPobla act) and hair... And for some reason:rolleyes: her evolution photos are all with (past) make-up and (present) without make-up. In ABC act she is soooooooo thin but she has thaaaaaaaaat dress, thaaaaaaaat make-up and thaaaaaaat hair-do so she doesn't seem the same person pictured in Marivent...

If during the day with ponytail, sunglasses and sport clothes people didn't pay so much attention, during the night and with more formal clothes, more tiredness and the absence of healthy powder (as I call it:flowers:) her thin features overcome...

Also as a new mum she was, I am completely sure (I've been there, did that too:smartass:), more worried that her tiny Princess looked great for the photoshoot...

Yes she is thin... and I hate her for that;); but I can not accept that you even think that her husband, her in-laws or even her own family would let her go through such agony and pain as the desease itself represent on those who suffer, and do nothing. I don't believe that if Letizia had that, or other, desease the Prince would allow her to go to China or drag her to Mallorca where he knows how much pressure she would suffer there...

Thank you Alexandria, ortino and ...sOfIa... for your testimony! I've seen a programa on pt news two weeks ago related with this desease and the images and testimonies just don't go away from my head... I wish you all the Best!:in_love:

Regards,
mtbcm:)

...sOfIa.... said:
I totally agree with all of your post ortino! I, like you suffered with anorexia nervosa but luckily I came out of it well. My doctor told me that I was one of the best recovery cases he had seen. Now I am happy and healthy. As you said, it is a dreadful disease and I think it is wrong to suggest that Letizia has it when we haven't got any proof.

About you saying you hope you haven't written anything that shouldn't be in the forum, to me there is no problem! I think it's good that people who have experienced it can talk about it! However that's not for me to decide :) Anyway I hope people can understand that we aren't defending Letizia because she is our favourite princess blah blah..but because we have real reason to :flowers:
Thanks Sofia, I am glad you understand!:)

Sources: letiziaortiz.tk captures from TVE and Hola and Face to Face.

First of all for those who says is not fare to compare, what is not fare? to compare a person in a period of only two years?.... Wouldn't be fare to bring a picture from Letizia's sweet 16 or to compare Letizias to another person but this is absolutelly fare, marriage and motherhood are not sinonyms of sickeness as other princess with busy agendas and more than one kid in a short period have proved, they look better by the day.

Letizia's engagement day, so cute, so fresh, so full of joy and happy, so young, so showing her age. Letizia two years latter, no comments, is not only a matter of weitgh (even when is skinnier by the day) but her smile, her eyes, her expression, that hair, she looks 10 years older but what is worse I don't see anymore that full of passion Letizia, is only my point of view but I see a Letizia who, aside of Leonor, if she just could take the time back and be that person she used to be.....will do it in a flash.

http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leti20060810205407nx4pn1.png

RaniaRocks,

Those pictures show really well how Letizia has changed in almost 3 years.

I personally don't think she has an illness (such as anorexia, bulimia, etc.) but I do think that with the arrival of Leonor her body has changed a lot. Letizia is so petite that carrying Leonor around all the time is a workout for her.

I know she is always been thin but everybody can see that she is much thinner than usual. Two years ago she looked thin and healthy. Nowadays she looks thin, frail and older.

I hope she'll be able to go back and look as pretty and fresh as she did during her engagement.

RaniaRocks said:

First of all for those who says is not fare to compare, what is not fare? to compare a person in a period of only two years?.... Wouldn't be fare to bring a picture from Letizia's sweet 16 or to compare Letizias to another person but this is absolutelly fare, marriage and motherhood are not sinonyms of sickeness as other princess with busy agendas and more than one kid in a short period have proved, they look better by the day.

Letizia's engagement day, so cute, so fresh, so full of joy and happy, so young, so showing her age. Letizia two years latter, no comments, is not only a matter of weitgh (even when is skinnier by the day) but her smile, her eyes, her expression, that hair, she looks 10 years older but what is worse I don't see anymore that full of passion Letizia, is only my point of view but I see a Letizia who, aside of Leonor, if she just could take the time back and be that person she used to be.....will do it in a flash.

all the world speaks about letizia but felipe also has to change letizia to leave him to it time and it will récupèrera all its freshness to point out you as it was beautiful for the baptims and after its pregnancy because it did not have pressure

ldt20 said:
Those pictures show really well how Letizia has changed in almost 3 years.

I personally don't think she has an illness (such as anorexia, bulimia, etc.) but I do think that with the arrival of Leonor her body has changed a lot. Letizia is so petite that carrying Leonor around all the time is a workout for her.

Letizia began to loose dramatically weight much more before being pregnant of Leonor,something like around the summer 2004 after her wedding.
The spanish tabloids said then of her being anorexic before her pregnancy,and said also that she was under presure bacause she had some problems to be pregnant due to her anorexia,and then the spanish royal household made a denial of that.

RaniaRocks said:
First of all for those who says is not fare to compare, what is not fare? to compare a person in a period of only two years?....
No. What is not fare is to compare one of the best photos (taken when she was with perfect make-up and hair) with one of the worse photos (taken when she was on vacation, using no make-up and with her hair plain). If you pick one of the pictures I took two years ago in a photographer studio with a photo taken last week on the beach, you will also say that I'm 10 years older and 5 kilos thinner...

If you want to draw comparisons, use the same criteria:

1. compare two of her best pictures in these 2 years and a half with perfect make-up:

(from Elmundo and DeadlinePress)

2. or compare two of her casual photos without make-up:

(TVE's caption from www.letiziaortiz.com and GettyImages)

If you don't do that, you're manipulating data and that's why it's unfair.

Last edited:
TamaraKhan said:
Letizia began to loose dramatically weight much more before being pregnant of Leonor,something like around the summer 2004 after her wedding.
The spanish tabloids said then of her being anorexic before her pregnancy,and said also that she was under presure bacause she had some problems to be pregnant due to her anorexia,and then the spanish royal household made a denial of that.

There are things that are of general culture and of being a bit informed.
The women with a disease like the anorexia cannot have children, because the anorexia provokes hormonal alterations.
If Letizia was sick she might never have had a healthy girl, and would be total and absolutely unable to develop the agenda of acts that has had in the last months.
Hundred rumors ... also they were saying that the baby was going to be a boy, that enclosed there was made a genetic treatment in order that he was a male (something that is not legal) .... also they have said that Leonor suffers all kinds of diseases, since the spot of her nose had grown very much and because of it they were not showing her until the girl was deaf and dumb...

The rumors are contradicted constant, and often they are an insult for the intelligent persons, because they are absurd and do not have logic.
It is sad that many persons prefer a good lie to a great truth, but this way is the people.:wacko:

(from Corbis and DeadlinePress)

Thanks Elsa, your pictures are making my point stronger, the result is the same, Letizia in the first picture (the engagement day) and the second one looks like two different womans, sorry but the second looks like the mother or the oldest sister of the first person, just look at those puffy wrinkle eyes and that weird smile.

The second one, in the first one she was on duty, tired and serious (maybe because the nature of the news) but still a normal young woman, in the second one, on vacation, w/o stress and supposedly happy her hair is poor, her eyes are awfull and looks like another minute with Leonor on her arms and she will fall appart.

I don't know what's the point in denny the evident.

BTW. She is using makeup on the second of my pictures, look at her lips, her eyelashes and of course she must have some fundation on, she was on vacation but in a Palacete for the official picture and makeup is allowed.

BTW. I have never say she have bulimia or anorexia, but she is not dealing well phisically with her new status, she looks consumed and old and to me part of that is the change, the transaction between being an independent woman and now is more than evident that the royal house want to maintane her as Felipe's shadows for her not to eclipse Felipe, avoiding a Carlos/Diana situation, just my thought, she's the only one who doesn't have an agenda and don't do nothing along, by herself, just my thoughts.

Last edited:
lula said:
The rumors are contradicted constant, and often they are an insult for the intelligent persons, because they are absurd and do not have logic.
It is sad that many persons prefer a good lie to a great truth, but this way is the people.:wacko:

Personally,I don't say that she's anorexic,the rumors could be true coul not to be,but there's a fact,Letizia lost dramatically her weight,and I don't think that she wanted that or made a diet or so to be like that,because it doesn't enhance her looks or make her more beautiful as usually it is for people who sick to be loose weight,but really there's a problem,don't know what,maybe a health problem maybe not.

I think that with final the discution mainera with nothing Letizia see well its evolution and know himself that it must make or not make The prince love always as much its wife and if it there be a problem it can it help and letizia be very well surround of what be of sound be say problem to be pregnant it true version be that the prince have ask with king one year to profit a little and that it have envisage to himself to start at the beginning of at the beginning of January to finish which pressure on letizia Mary himself be marry one week before and one have announce its pregnancy one week front but for it one have never say that or other but for letizia if and why because the scandalmongers always cherchrent and seek

TamaraKhan said:
Personally,I don't say that she's anorexic,the rumors could be true coul not to be,but there's a fact,Letizia lost dramatically her weight,and I don't think that she wanted that or made a diet or so to be like that,because it doesn't enhance her looks or make her more beautiful as usually it is for people who sick to be loose weight,but really there's a problem,don't know what,maybe a health problem maybe not.

Do not be wrong. Letizia has lost weight, but she has not lost weight "dramatically". It is not true.
The things it is necessary to expose them in a clear way. And to judge them it is necessary to bear in mind the metabolism of every person.
If a person IS thin, this person when it loses weight, nearly that is, turns into a very thin person. But it does not mean that it has lost many kilos, but how she is a thin person the loss of kilos becomes very evident.
A person in the same cicunstancias that Letizia, can lose the same kilos that she, without being able to avoid it. But probably these kilos in a person with a normal body or a small overweight, it makes them wonderful ... but in a thin person, it makes her very thin.

The Prince also has lost many kilos in the last months ... but nobody comments on it, because to him they were exceeding kilos him and now much better this one.

crisiñaki said:
Letizia's Evolution...
Before:
After:www.letiziaortiz.tk
I know some people who alway stay thin whole of their life but from the photos you posted here I can see that Letizia seems to have lost some weight recently. I just hope that she is in healthy condition, that is the most important:neutral:.

RaniaRocks said:
her hair is poor

What do you mean that her hair is "poor?" Is it poorly styled in your eyes in the second picture? ... If you are referring to the texture of her hair being different, then I don't think that's fair. How can anybody look at pictures and say that they healthy hair or unhealthy hair? No matter how high the quality of the image, how can anyone say just by looking at the pictures without touching it, that hair is brittle?

RaniaRocks said:
I don't know what's the point in denny the evident.

BTW. I have never say she have bulimia or anorexia,

I personally am not denying that from the time of the engagement to now Letizia has lost weight. Looking at any pictures, with her hair up or down, made up or without make up, it is clear that Letizia has lost weight.

I take issue with, however, the fact that Letizia has lost so much weight that she now has a medical disease as some say.

She's lost weight. Absolutely. How much? I can't give anyone an exact number. I wouldn't even begin to give a ball park figure. But just because she's lost some weight does not mean that she has a serious medical illness. Many people, including many princesses have lost weight since they joined their respective royal families. But nobody else is saying that they are anorexic because they've dropped a few pounds.

RaniaRocks said:
but she is not dealing well phisically with her new status,

How do you know exactly that she is losing weight because specifically she is not dealing well physically with her new status? There could be a variety of factors for her weight loss. As I have stated in a previous post in this thread, I've lost some pounds in the last few years for various reasons, not because I wasn't handling the duties of my job.

And considering that Letizia has also had a baby in the interim, when your body goes through many, many changes, there are a litany of other factors that could contribute to Letizia's weight loss.

RaniaRocks said:
she looks consumed and old and to me part of that is the change, the transaction between being an independent woman and now is more than evident that the royal house want to maintane her as Felipe's shadows for her not to eclipse Felipe, avoiding a Carlos/Diana situation, just my thought, she's the only one who doesn't have an agenda and don't do nothing along, by herself, just my thoughts.

So, if Letizia had her own agenda she'd be healthier then? Being out of the shadows of Felipe (and whoever said she felt that she was in his shadows? It seems to me that although he makes the speeches, the media coverage is all about her: What is she wearing, how is her hair done, what kind of shoes does she have on?) would make her happier and healthier? To me this doesn't make sense when compared with your other statements.

Case in point: If Letizia is struggling with her new status as you say (hence the reason for the dramatic weight loss), then wouldn't it be easier for her to just "tag along" on Felipe's agenda? That way she doesn't have to make any speeches or stand up by herself on some podium or hand out some award on her own. She could just collect the pretty flowers from some adorably dressed little girl, shake a few hands, smile a bit and then sit back for the rest of the night while Felipe makes the big speech and everyone applauds him.

Why does anyone who keeps questioning why Letizia does not have her own agenda yet not consider that maybe she doesn't want her own agenda (yet)? That she's spent many years throughout her career as a journalist travelling throughout Spain and the rest of the world alone and now that she's met someone whom she loves, she wants to travel with him and work alongside him?

It's really unfair to refer to Letizia as anorexic. I think sometimes she can appear to be too skinny but that doesn't mean she is suffering from an eating disorder. She's probably still adjusting to her new life and is under a lot of pressure from both the royal family and the public.

Alexandria said:
What do you mean that her hair is "poor?" Is it poorly styled in your eyes in the second picture? ... If you are referring to the texture of her hair being different, then I don't think that's fair. How can anybody look at pictures and say that they healthy hair or unhealthy hair? No matter how high the quality of the image, how can anyone say just by looking at the pictures without touching it, that hair is brittle?

I personally am not denying that from the time of the engagement to now Letizia has lost weight. Looking at any pictures, with her hair up or down, made up or without make up, it is clear that Letizia has lost weight.

I take issue with, however, the fact that Letizia has lost so much weight that she now has a medical disease as some say.

She's lost weight. Absolutely. How much? I can't give anyone an exact number. I wouldn't even begin to give a ball park figure. But just because she's lost some weight does not mean that she has a serious medical illness. Many people, including many princesses have lost weight since they joined their respective royal families. But nobody else is saying that they are anorexic because they've dropped a few pounds.

How do you know exactly that she is losing weight because specifically she is not dealing well physically with her new status? There could be a variety of factors for her weight loss. As I have stated in a previous post in this thread, I've lost some pounds in the last few years for various reasons, not because I wasn't handling the duties of my job.

And considering that Letizia has also had a baby in the interim, when your body goes through many, many changes, there are a litany of other factors that could contribute to Letizia's weight loss.

So, if Letizia had her own agenda she'd be healthier then? Being out of the shadows of Felipe (and whoever said she felt that she was in his shadows? It seems to me that although he makes the speeches, the media coverage is all about her: What is she wearing, how is her hair done, what kind of shoes does she have on?) would make her happier and healthier? To me this doesn't make sense when compared with your other statements.

Case in point: If Letizia is struggling with her new status as you say (hence the reason for the dramatic weight loss), then wouldn't it be easier for her to just "tag along" on Felipe's agenda? That way she doesn't have to make any speeches or stand up by herself on some podium or hand out some award on her own. She could just collect the pretty flowers from some adorably dressed little girl, shake a few hands, smile a bit and then sit back for the rest of the night while Felipe makes the big speech and everyone applauds him.

Why does anyone who keeps questioning why Letizia does not have her own agenda yet not consider that maybe she doesn't want her own agenda (yet)? That she's spent many years throughout her career as a journalist travelling throughout Spain and the rest of the world alone and now that she's met someone whom she loves, she wants to travel with him and work alongside him?

And.... what's exactly your point?, in case you miss something I have never ever say she's ill if you can prove I have said such thing quote me ;) and yes, her hair is poor from my point of view, and have become ugly from my point of view, nobody here knows any royal or celebrity and we tell, upon pictures, our thoughts about their physical appeareances, "Oh she's so cute" "Oh he's so handsome" etc. I'm not blind and can tell when somebody have a healthy hair and when is not healthy, as everybody else can, why unhealthy? Oh ....I haven't address the causes, maybe a bad hairdresser or too much products?. Points of view about phisical appearance and like and dislikes doesn't need sources as they are personal thoughts, besides you won't convince me my eyes are liying to me. Remember: points of view:

ie: "I beleive... she's beautiful" "I believe she's ugly" "I beleive my neiborgh is a chunk" "I believe X is not a good mother". I believe, I believe, I belive.

I'm not publishing a cientific treat about Letizia, I'm not a journalist publishing in ABC, I'm writing in a forum with people who may think like my and others who doesn't, about my merely points of views, period, you think you'r right and I think you'r not and viceversa, period, and I though that was more than clarified in that threat in what we spoke our minds about what we didn't like about posting here in the Letizia and Felipe forum, honestly, would I have being another kind of person your answer would off scare the hell out of me, believe me. :lol:

Facts:

She looks significantly older for being past only two year since her marriage, close ups has no mercy.
She looks extraskinny
She doesn't have an agenda

Everything else I said is (sic) are my own thougths. Glad you see everything is OK but you won't prove me wrong even with a book of Letizia's marvelous and wonderfulness. :cool: Be my guess and have your point of views as I will stick to mines because we both are gown ups, in fact when somebody answers me so passioned and almost furious I think I hit the nail on the head. :mrgreen:

Have a nice one.

:flowers:

Last edited:
letizia is so skinny! she really look more old that she is, especially before leonor's birth.
I can say if she have anorexia but she have a problem, the women she was when she married and letizia now lok like 2 different womens

Maybe you doesn't know it...but it's a fact that stress could make some people to loss weight (and in some other cases it make them to get really fat). I know af friend of mine that lost a great deal of weight....in only two weeks! Eeeekkk...:wacko: She had a test in the University and couldn't deal with it. I suppose that a Princess life must be, by far, more plenty of pressures that the one of a student. She could be nervous, or more nervous than usual. That's all.

And now a confession: I'm skinny myself, and sometimes I look healthy and plenty of life, and sometimes thinner than usual, tired and with sad eyes. I'm a very nervous person. I enjoys food (and sometimes, food that could makes you really fat), but since I'm nervous, I "burn" all the fat in them. I'm angry, since I wanting to be plump since I was a teenager, and now that I have 34 I'm tired that people keep asking me "Are you sick?", when I'm perfectly healthy. Doctors said me that I would be like this all my life, excvept if I got some hormonal change. What a pity ...for I want to be plump. :bang: Maybe poor Letizia is in my same condition.

Vanesa.

P.D. In other royal Forums, there is a discussion about Tatiana Nicholaievna Romanova, the second daughter of the last Tsar. Many people thinks she was anorexic only for she was excesively thin.

I found this magazine, can our Mexican members bring the article here, please?
24wvp1z.jpg

www.quien.com

Is this a serious magazine? I've been said that's the mexican equivalent of Hola, but I'm not really sure...

Last edited:
RaniaRocks said:

Nobody said that you couldn't compare, but a fair comparision is not to use the best pictures vs. the worst ones.
It's true that she has lost weight, skinnier and more wrinkles compared to 3 years ago, but it's unfair to say she has lost passions, unhappy or sick solely based on a few pictures out of hundreds. There are many pictures out there she is seen glowing with happieness. Here are a couple this year in Mallorca.

(Deadline and Isifa)

I think the major difference is the weight. There are many royals out there working hard to keep their weight in check including her own husband, why couldn't Letizia put some effort to gain a few pounds ? If she needs to see multiple meals each day, then be it. With her small frame, all her need is a few pounds, that would make a big difference.

From corbis:
At the commemoration of the 30th anniversary of King Juan Carlos reign in Spain

4216064796kl8.jpg

Eleonor's baptism (from getty)

56592934bg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom