The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Gentry

Question

I was looking at an old magazine with pictures of her first presentation to the press back in 2003 she was thin but looked great. She looks so haggard now but it maybe due to her aging or being pregnant every single year of her marriage.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

There was a time when Letizia didnīt look healthy at all, she was skinny, maybe not anorexic, that only her doctor knows; I think she went through a hard time,when she was engaged and after the marriage. It is very stressful for anyone, but maybe more for Letizia, who was not totally accepted especially by the media and part of the Royal Family.

Old 01-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Aristocracy

It's true that Letizia looks older than she really is, especially last summer at Marivent photosession. When she worked as a journalist she looked much more beautiful and healthier but that doesn't mean she is anorexic because not all thin people is anorexic.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think Letizia looks older than she is. I think she looks wonderful. She's young and healty and definitely not anorexic. She's always been thin and stress adds to that, that's completly normal. It works like that on everyone, it's just more visible on her. She's a happy, healthy, young mother
Old 01-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
I'm sorry, she wears shoes of 500€ the pair, ALL with coordinate bags, of snake peel or brodery, is that low price?
She has a few pairs of 500 Euro shoes from Pedro García or Manolo Blanhik, but most of her shoes were at the range of 120-200 (I believe the article was posted here). Most of her bags were also made in Spain, didn't look expensive to me at all since I collect purses myself. I heard her designers Felipe Varela and Adolfo Dominguez often gave her coordinated shoes/purses as a package with the clothes she bought.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I always thought Letizia is extremy thin, but I don't think she's ill.
Now that she's pregnant she got some extra weight and to be honest: I think she looks so much prettier! I never saw this picture before and I was rather shocked when I saw it. It reminded me of the pictures of CP Victoria in the late 90s!
But I think the picture isn't that actual and maybe she got some extra weight.
It's strange to see how many discussions there are about Letizia's weight! For the Magazines it is THE topic number one... In my opinion this just makes the situation worse.
Maybe Letizia is just one of these women who can eat everything they like and just don't get more weight.
But IMO a bit more "weight" suites her better (watching old engagement pictures) and she looks more healthy then...
So, that's my opinion.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinika
I have to admit that I really have no idea whether she suffers from an eating disorder or not, but the pictures you have linked to, Verde Esmeralda, are startling.
Yes indeed, and so are many other pics posted in previous messages in this forum! brrrrr

Lula, you're right. No matter how glamorous, easy, dreamy life royals seem to have, nothing is really for free. The price is high. So are the risks.

But overall, let's keep this in mind: we're making judgements on the basis of our, and other's, assumptions. We are not royals (but this doesn't mean that they are supernatural or whatever), and probably never will. We DON'T know how they really feel or experience their not-traditional lifestyle.... at least, let's try to remain realistic!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Royal Highness

I know the Princess of Asturias for years and years as anchorwoman of the News on TVE Internacional (the international Spanish channel which is standard on Dutch cable). I do not see much difference between now and then. Miss Ortiz has always been petite.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sincerely, it is that there are persons who could not understand that a person is like is. Some of them even seem to wish that she was ill, because here one does not speak about an aesthetic aspect, but of a disease very seriously that goes beyond the aesthetic thing. On that here the people pledge in speculating as if it was a question of speaking about a new shoes.

Probably if instead of being thin, she was obese, there would no be a full forum of post, that insist again and again that should slim. And really one would be so worrying as the different thing. Since the anorexia is a disease that relates to the famous people, to the models, the stars of cinema ... the people get obsessed with this topic. When really the obesity and the overweight is one of the big problems of the population in many countries.

Always it has had fat and thin people, and they will continue being, and often it is not solved eating more or eating less, because in many occasions it is linked to the own metabolism.

The sad thing is that there is a press that does business of these matters, which there are persons who are frivolous with these topics... and the only thing that there obtain the persons who act that way, is that there are more sick persons who are not accepted to if same.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
Probably if instead of being thin, she was obese, there would no be a full forum of post, that insist again and again that should slim. And really one would be so worrying as the different thing. Since the anorexia is a disease that relates to the famous people, to the models, the stars of cinema ... the people get obsessed with this topic. When really the obesity and the overweight is one of the big problems of the population in many countries.

Always it has had fat and thin people, and they will continue being, and often it is not solved eating more or eating less, because in many occasions it is linked to the own metabolism.
Absolutely right.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Even during her old days as an TV journalist, her weight also fluctuated too. She looked quite thin in Galicia, had a fuller face at the 2003 PoA awards right before the engagement.
I think shorter hair with more blonde hightlight (like her old journalist days) will help brighten up her face.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
Sincerely, it is that there are persons who could not understand that a person is like is. Some of them even seem to wish that she was ill, because here one does not speak about an aesthetic aspect, but of a disease very seriously that goes beyond the aesthetic thing. On that here the people pledge in speculating as if it was a question of speaking about a new shoes.

The sad thing is that there is a press that does business of these matters, which there are persons who are frivolous with these topics... and the only thing that there obtain the persons who act that way, is that there are more sick persons who are not accepted to if same.

I see your viewpoint, but you do have to agree that Letizia looked too thin to the point of looking ill. I'm not saying she was ill, but she did not look good. There is nothing wrong with being thin and definitely nothing wrong with being overweight. That is not the point. The point is that Letizia looked better before marrying the prince. There will always be thin people and not too thin people, but we are discussing Letizia not the population of the world. She does not look as good as she used to...in some people's eyes...not in everyone's eyes!! I know I will get three hundred and one people teling me so many harsh things, but I just wanted to throw this out...
Old 01-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doņa Metizia
I was looking at an old magazine with pictures of her first presentation to the press back in 2003 she was thin but looked great. She looks so haggard now but it maybe due to her aging or being pregnant every single year of her marriage.
I think haggard is such a harsh word for a young woman. As many posters have pointed out, a lot of woman are naturally thin and no matter what they do they can't put weight on, I have such a friend. Being pregnant is an emotional time and I hate to think that she reads or hears comments critisizing her looks and weight.

I'm sure that her husband and families worry about her and support her if there is a problem!
Old 01-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Gentry

Now that she has gained weight from pregnancy she looks great but she did not look that way before. There are many people that don't age well. I’m not saying it to be mean that is just what I think.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:56 AM
Courtier

As some posters already mentioned only her belly has grown. And this is also my opinion. On that huge enlarged photo where you can see a nice closeup of Leonorīs face (donīt know whether it was this message board) if you scroll to the right you can also see Letiziaīs face huge enlarged and that makes me already again a little nervous....(the photos are from their visit in that faunia-park in Madrid)
Old 04-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Aristocracy

Nervous I feel when seeing that again they are going to begin to speculate on her measurement. Please you can let speculate on her body. She is thus and must accept.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIS
Nervous I feel when seeing that again they are going to begin to speculate on her measurement. Please you can let speculate on her body. She is thus and must accept.
I agree with you CRIS. Letizia is thus and i donīt know why but people dont undertand it.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
As some posters already mentioned only her belly has grown.
That is true. It's the same thing when she was pregnant with Leonor all the weight was in her belly and the baby of course was very healthy. She really is naturally thin.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I can't believe this thread is having more post! Princess of Asturais is really thin (as I am, by the way), but she is not ill. And yes...If she was fat, all people would be saying why she is not lossing some pounds.

Anorexia is a real disease; an awful problem from nowadays...but we mustn't get obsessive with it! I'm a member of another Forum about the Romanovs and there people got discussing for MONTHS if the two elder daughters of the last Tsar, Olga and Tatiana Nicholaievna could have been anorexic, only for they were extremely thin...Nonsense! You must know that sadly there is people (like me ) that just can't win weight. I forced myself to eat all things that could make me fat without any result, and my doctors just laughed and said I MUST ACCEPT I had a thin constitution. So, I must accept myself thin (even if I don't like to be thin) and don't make fuss over the issue. Sometimes, time to time, I get some weight in an unexplainable way, but I lot it quite fast. Again, doctor said it's a normal thing in these kind of thin persons.

So...Why couldn't we let Princess Letizia's weight issue aside? Maybe, like me, she is also tired of people saying she is "too thin" and asking to her if she is not "sick". If you are not thin, you doesn't know how tiresome it could be!

Vanesa.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
I can't believe this thread is having more post! Princess of Asturais is really thin (as I am, by the way), but she is not ill. And yes...If she was fat, all people would be saying why she is not lossing some pounds.

Anorexia is a real disease; an awful problem from nowadays...but we mustn't get obsessive with it! I'm a member of another Forum about the Romanovs and there people got discussing for MONTHS if the two elder daughters of the last Tsar, Olga and Tatiana Nicholaievna could have been anorexic, only for they were extremely thin...Nonsense! You must know that sadly there is people (like me ) that just can't win weight. I forced myself to eat all things that could make me fat without any result, and my doctors just laughed and said I MUST ACCEPT I had a thin constitution. So, I must accept myself thin (even if I don't like to be thin) and don't make fuss over the issue. Sometimes, time to time, I get some weight in an unexplainable way, but I lot it quite fast. Again, doctor said it's a normal thing in these kind of thin persons.

So...Why couldn't we let Princess Letizia's weight issue aside? Maybe, like me, she is also tired of people saying she is "too thin" and asking to her if she is not "sick". If you are not thin, you doesn't know how tiresome it could be!

Vanesa.
Vanesa iīm ABSOLUTELY AGREE with you. I always has been veeery thin too and i undertand perfectly what you want to say. Princess Letizia is a very thin woman by nature and it makes no sense to continue speaking of this subject.

Closed Thread

Tags
princess letizia, princess letizias weight